Minimum wage

a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and fourteen dollars an hour for unemployment compensation.

the right wing, has no better offer.
How about the real minimum wage is zero.
Why? So the rich can get richer faster?

Why complain about social services.
Who said anything about social services? Only you.
The rich get rich faster, the poor get rich faster. Sounds good to me.
Oh wait. Liberals would rather the poor be poorer as long as the rich were less rich. Lady Thatcher had it right.
who is cognitively dissonant, only you. social services cost tax money. why complain about taxes for social services.

anything sounds good to the right, until it comes time to pay the tax bill.

the right claims the rich know how to make money.

no it is not
you can't just make up definitions
Capital gains

Capital gain is an increase in the value of a capital asset (investment or real estate) that gives it a higher worth than the purchase price. The gain is not realized until the asset is sold. A capital gain may be short-term (one year or less) or long-term (more than one year) and must be claimed on income taxes.
Yes, Labor has a higher worth than the purchase price. The "dividend" is equal protection of the law, as a capital gain, in modern times.
labor is not an asset it is a commodity and is only worth what the market will pay for it at any particular time

If what you said was true then the best buggy whip makers labor would be worth more today than it was 200 years ago
an asset is a commodity.

Some commodities can be assets but not all assets are commodities

A person's labor is not a real asset as it can be purchased but once it has been purchased it is then gone. It is a consumable commodity that is valued only in reference to the worth the market places on it.

If I pay you X dollars to do something today that does not mean tomorrow , next week, next month or next year that I will have to pay you more to do the same thing. I might in fact pay you less based on the demand for that labor.

I can't buy your labor today and sell it for a profit tomorrow therefore it is not an asset and it does not appreciate and does not produce capital ggains
any advance in civil rights, is a capital gain for labor.

You have no solution, other than right wing fantasy.

Solving for simple poverty on an at-will basis solves for most of our social problems.

Simply wasting money on War on Poverty that does nothing to actually solve poverty, is merely sinking costs with no hope of capital gain.

Simply making up definitions is naught but mental masturbation yet another type of which you have mastered

My suggestion would do both. Raising the min wage hurts poor people, pricing them out of the job market. Without an entry level job they cannot rise any higher.
Corporate taxes hurt workers because there is less money available to pay them.

Seems too much like a Catch 22 Lose-Lose for poor folks. I support raising our Minimum Wage. It's long overdue. Our current Minimum Wage is an embarrassment compared to the rest of the world. The richest nation on earth can certainly do better. I hope Trump considers it.
No, idiot. It's a win-win. People without jobs can get jobs and work their way up, instead of being priced out of the market. People already working can command higher wages because companies are saving money on taxes.
It isnt brain surgery to understand basic econ, but it is beyond most libs.

Come on, calm down. I feel we can have some compromise. Lower the Corporate Tax Rate and raise the Minimum Wage. Rich folks get a little something, and poor folks get a little something. Hopefully Trump will be open to it. He has indicated in the past, that he would be willing to consider raising the Minimum Wage.
You're not getting it. When you raise the min wage, you hurt poor people. When you lower the corporate tax rate you help poor people. Why is this tough to understand?

No indication raising Minimum Wages dramatically effects economies. That's a myth pushed by greedy stingy rich folks. States that have raised their Minimum Wages have not collapsed. They're doing fine. We can't always be in it for the rich folks. We have to look out for our poor and vulnerable too. Hopefully Trump will consider my compromise.
It has been a disaster for those most likely to earn it, namely young blacks. Check the unemployment rate for them. It is a disaster.

a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and fourteen dollars an hour for unemployment compensation.

Oh wait. Liberals would rather the poor be poorer as long as the rich were less rich. Lady Thatcher had it right.
who is cognitively dissonant, only you. social services cost tax money. why complain about taxes for social services.

You are completely illogical. I'm done with you.

Yes, Labor has a higher worth than the purchase price. The "dividend" is equal protection of the law, as a capital gain, in modern times.
labor is not an asset it is a commodity and is only worth what the market will pay for it at any particular time

If what you said was true then the best buggy whip makers labor would be worth more today than it was 200 years ago
an asset is a commodity.

A person's labor is not a real asset as it can be purchased but once it has been purchased it is then gone. It is a consumable commodity that is valued only in reference to the worth the market places on it.

If I pay you X dollars to do something today that does not mean tomorrow , next week, next month or next year that I will have to pay you more to do the same thing. I might in fact pay you less based on the demand for that labor.

I can't buy your labor today and sell it for a profit tomorrow therefore it is not an asset and it does not appreciate and does not produce capital ggains

Solving for simple poverty on an at-will basis solves for most of our social problems.

Simply wasting money on War on Poverty that does nothing to actually solve poverty, is merely sinking costs with no hope of capital gain.

Simply making up definitions is naught but mental masturbation yet another type of which you have mastered
simply pleading incompetence in reading comprehension does nothing to inspire confidence in your sincerity.

You are completely illogical. I'm done with you.
the right claims the rich know how to make money. is that not true? or do you cede the point since it is not one of those, twice a day moments.

It's a simple question: How much do you pay an employee that makes you all of your money?

Not enough that you don't make anymore money, is the answer.

I can't pay you $15/hour to flip a burger, if the customer isn't willing to pay me enough to cover that wage, and make a profit.

That's the answer.

an asset is a commodity.

simply pleading incompetence in reading comprehension does nothing to inspire confidence in your sincerity.

when a person makes up his own definitions as you do it is impossible to have a meaningful discussion

It's a simple question: How much do you pay an employee that makes you all of your money?

I can't pay you $15/hour to flip a burger, if the customer isn't willing to pay me enough to cover that wage, and make a profit.

That's the answer.
shouldn't you be doing more of the work, or are you too lazy?

an asset is a commodity.

when a person makes up his own definitions as you do it is impossible to have a meaningful discussion
The point is, a minimum wage should compete favorably with the cost of social services. That estimate is at fourteen dollars an hour, and is a rationale for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage. To privatize costs instead of relying on socializing costs via welfare.

You have to prove such a public policy does not promote the general welfare, regardless of what I call it. So, since what I call it is not very relevant, why not argue the point of the argument instead of quibbling over semantics or strings of words.

Solving simple poverty is a promotion of the general welfare and that form of capital gain, for labor; who should have recourse to unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

That's the answer.

Minimum Wage laws....walter e. williams

1. While legislative bodies have the power to order wage increases, they have not as of yet found a way to order commensurate increases in worker productivity that make the worker’s output worth the higher wage.
  2. Further, while Congress can legislate the wage at which labor transactions occur, it cannot require that the transaction actually be made, and the worker hired.

The point is, a minimum wage should compete favorably with the cost of social services. That estimate is at fourteen dollars an hour, and is a rationale for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage. To privatize costs instead of relying on socializing costs via welfare.

You have to prove such a public policy does not promote the general welfare, regardless of what I call it. So, since what I call it is not very relevant, why not argue the point of the argument instead of quibbling over semantics or strings of words.

Solving simple poverty is a promotion of the general welfare and that form of capital gain, for labor; who should have recourse to unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.
That's not the point at all because you have not proven that it needs to. To prove that you need to prove that everyone making less than 15 an hour actually receives government social services

We have thrown trillions at poverty so we have the richest poor people in the world right here in this country

That's the answer.

1. While legislative bodies have the power to order wage increases, they have not as of yet found a way to order commensurate increases in worker productivity that make the worker’s output worth the higher wage.
  2. Further, while Congress can legislate the wage at which labor transactions occur, it cannot require that the transaction actually be made, and the worker hired.
True capitalists don't complain about "moving goal posts" when they don't have enough gold. They have to simply have faith in Capitalism; and strive to gain more gold.

That's not the point at all because you have not proven that it needs to. To prove that you need to prove that everyone making less than 15 an hour actually receives government social services

We have thrown trillions at poverty so we have the richest poor people in the world right here in this country

Hence....absolutely no reason to get off the dole.

"Over $60,000 in Welfare Spent Per Household in Poverty
New data compiled by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee shows that, last year, the United States spent over $60,000 to support welfare programs per each household that is in poverty. The calculations are based on data from the Census, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Congressional Research Services.
"According to the Census’s American Community Survey, the number of households with incomes below the poverty line in 2011 was 16,807,795," the Senate Budget Committee notes. "If you divide total federal and state spending by the number of households with incomes below the poverty line, the average spending per household in poverty was $61,194 in 2011."
This dollar figure is almost three times the amount the average household on poverty lives on per year. "If the spending on these programs were converted into cash, and distributed exclusively to the nation’s households below the poverty line, this cash amount would be over 2.5 times the federal poverty threshold for a family of four, which in 2011 was $22,350 (see table in this link)," the Republicans on the Senate Budget Committee note.
Over $60,000 in Welfare Spent Per Household in Poverty

You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.

WITH WELFARE IT MAKES SENSE TO WORK LESS,”
The chart is quite revealing. A one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year. If the family provider works only one week a month at minimum wage, he or she makes 92 percent as much as a provider grossing $60,000 a year.
http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/u..._With-welfare-it-makes-sense-to-work-less.pdf

From Emmerich:

You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.

That's the answer.

True capitalists don't complain about "moving goal posts" when they don't have enough gold. They have to simply have faith in Capitalism; and strive to gain more gold.

How would you know?

How is solving simple poverty not a promotion of the general welfare? Only the right wing, never gets it.

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage increases consumer spending at the bottom and trickles up. An oil pump is a better analogy.

Unemployment compensation at fourteen dollars an hour, solves simple poverty.

Hence....absolutely no reason to get off the dole.

"Over $60,000 in Welfare Spent Per Household in Poverty
New data compiled by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee shows that, last year, the United States spent over $60,000 to support welfare programs per each household that is in poverty. The calculations are based on data from the Census, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Congressional Research Services.
"According to the Census’s American Community Survey, the number of households with incomes below the poverty line in 2011 was 16,807,795," the Senate Budget Committee notes. "If you divide total federal and state spending by the number of households with incomes below the poverty line, the average spending per household in poverty was $61,194 in 2011."
This dollar figure is almost three times the amount the average household on poverty lives on per year. "If the spending on these programs were converted into cash, and distributed exclusively to the nation’s households below the poverty line, this cash amount would be over 2.5 times the federal poverty threshold for a family of four, which in 2011 was $22,350 (see table in this link)," the Republicans on the Senate Budget Committee note.
Over $60,000 in Welfare Spent Per Household in Poverty

WITH WELFARE IT MAKES SENSE TO WORK LESS,”
The chart is quite revealing. A one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year. If the family provider works only one week a month at minimum wage, he or she makes 92 percent as much as a provider grossing $60,000 a year.
http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/u..._With-welfare-it-makes-sense-to-work-less.pdf

From Emmerich:

There is no underemployment under capitalism, only underpayment.

That's the answer.

How would you know?
because, Only false Capitalists do that.

Forum List

Back