Minimum wage

It's a simple question: How much do you pay an employee that makes you all of your money?

Not enough that you don't make anymore money, is the answer.

I can't pay you $15/hour to flip a burger, if the customer isn't willing to pay me enough to cover that wage, and make a profit.

That's the answer.

Minimum Wage laws....walter e. williams

1. While legislative bodies have the power to order wage increases, they have not as of yet found a way to order commensurate increases in worker productivity that make the worker’s output worth the higher wage.
  2. Further, while Congress can legislate the wage at which labor transactions occur, it cannot require that the transaction actually be made, and the worker hired.
Double talk.

Employees make all the money for their employers.

Williams also stated that if you voted for Trump, you are an idiot.​

No employees do not make all the money for the employee
employers would not be able to make anything if the employer didn't provide a place for them to work and the materials with which to do the work

Employees take no risk the business owner assumes all the risk therefore the lion's share of the reward

If you want a no risk life you get what you get

It's a simple question: How much do you pay an employee that makes you all of your money?

I can't pay you $15/hour to flip a burger, if the customer isn't willing to pay me enough to cover that wage, and make a profit.

That's the answer.

Look it up. The burger would cost 4.3% more.

post the calculations I'm sure you are not factoring in the across the board cost increases that a universal 15 an hour MW would beget

That's the answer.

1. While legislative bodies have the power to order wage increases, they have not as of yet found a way to order commensurate increases in worker productivity that make the worker’s output worth the higher wage.
  2. Further, while Congress can legislate the wage at which labor transactions occur, it cannot require that the transaction actually be made, and the worker hired.
Double talk.

employers would not be able to make anything if the employer didn't provide a place for them to work and the materials with which to do the work

Employees take no risk the business owner assumes all the risk therefore the lion's share of the reward

The employer provides the platform for the employee to make all of the money.....Thank You!

The employee takes more risk than the employer. The ultimate risk that the employer is smart enough to be an employer so their job is secured.

If an employer is well funded, well insured, knows who to hire, and doesn't hire relatives, the risks are zero.

That's the answer.

post the calculations I'm sure you are not factoring in the across the board cost increases that a universal 15 an hour MW would beget

Here ya go.

Here’s What A $15 Per Hour Wage Means For Fast Food Prices

That's the answer.

Double talk.

The employer provides the platform for the employee to make all of the money.....Thank You!

The employee takes more risk than the employer. The ultimate risk that the employer is smart enough to be an employer so their job is secured.

If an employer is well funded, well insured, knows who to hire, and doesn't hire relatives, the risks are zero.
the employee takes absolutely no risk

He puts in his time and gets a check at the end of the week

NO risk whatsoever if the business fails the employee loses nothing and he can sell his labor to someone else

What you don't understand is that employees sell their labor it is the employee's product. So if the employee wants more money for his product he has to make it worth more

That's the answer.

Here ya go.

That is meaningless without the calculations
If all that was taken into account was the pay of the employees it is also a flat out lie

If there was a universal MW hike to 15 an hour everything used in a FF business would go up in price. Cups, napkins, straws, ketchup packets, the cost for trash removal, the cost of heating and cooling, etc etc not to mention the rise in Workers' Comp, SUTA and FUTA and FICA employer contributions and other payroll related expenses

You say you own businesses and you don't understand this?

42% of americans earn less than $15 per hour

Join the Fight for 15 today!

Fight for $15
th

We have MBAs working for just over Min Wage here. Seems like some parts of the country were left out on the booming America.

That's the answer.

Double talk.

the employee takes absolutely no risk

He puts in his time and gets a check at the end of the week

NO risk whatsoever if the business fails the employee loses nothing and he can sell his labor to someone else

What you don't understand is that employees sell their labor it is the employee's product. So if the employee wants more money for his product he has to make it worth more

If all five of my businesses folded today, all of my 650 employees would be out of work and I'd remain a multimillionaire.

An employee sells his/her labor IF he/she can find a new job.

That's the answer.

Double talk.

Of course, you don't really believe that.

David Mamet writes in "The Secret Knowledge"...
1. The adolescent, the Marxist, and the Liberal dream of “fairness,” brought about by the state. Silly. This would mean usurping the society decision that the skilled worker is entitled to higher pay than the unskilled. This decision is never pronounced by any authority other than the free market. It was arrived at via the interaction of human beings perfectly capable of ordering their own affairs.

2. Government cannot and will not correct itself- thus the necessity for elections. But society, convened as the free market, can and does correct itself…and quickly, ‘else the risk of impoverishment.

3. If the Leftist is interested in a more ‘fair’ redistribution of wealth, let him vote for lower taxes, and then he can distribute his now larger share of his wealth to the lesser compensated folks.

4. Illustrative of reality is the fact that the Leftist refrains from paying above the stated price for goods and services…he wants, as everyone else does, competition between said services. Only then does he stand a chance of getting a “fair” price. In his own enterprise, he strives to improve quality or lower price…’else his potential customers will take their business to others. Unless he has the power of government!

Soooo.....when have you demanded to pay more than a posted price?

When?

That's the answer.

Here ya go.

Here YOU go:

"Researchers at UC-San Diego recently released a new study through the National Bureau of Economics Research. They tracked workers for two years after the 2009 federal minimum wage hike. So how did it affect low-wage workers? Their pay dropped. While some indeed saw a pay increase, over a million more either lost or couldn’t find jobs at the new rates. In total the average earnings of low-wage workers dropped by $150 a month.

The true minimum wage remains $0.00 an hour. Employers will not pay workers more than their productivity justifies. Trying to force employers to pay more will destroy jobs and hurt the very workers president Obama intends to help."Fact Checking Obama's Jobs Claims in State of the Union

That's the answer.

Double talk.

1. The adolescent, the Marxist, and the Liberal dream of “fairness,” brought about by the state. Silly. This would mean usurping the society decision that the skilled worker is entitled to higher pay than the unskilled. This decision is never pronounced by any authority other than the free market. It was arrived at via the interaction of human beings perfectly capable of ordering their own affairs.

2. Government cannot and will not correct itself- thus the necessity for elections. But society, convened as the free market, can and does correct itself…and quickly, ‘else the risk of impoverishment.

3. If the Leftist is interested in a more ‘fair’ redistribution of wealth, let him vote for lower taxes, and then he can distribute his now larger share of his wealth to the lesser compensated folks.

4. Illustrative of reality is the fact that the Leftist refrains from paying above the stated price for goods and services…he wants, as everyone else does, competition between said services. Only then does he stand a chance of getting a “fair” price. In his own enterprise, he strives to improve quality or lower price…’else his potential customers will take their business to others. Unless he has the power of government!

When?

I present two facts, and you present Libertarian bull shit.

Here more fact: Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

That's the answer.

Double talk.

When?

Facts....???

Did you just ask for facts????

No prob....and sans vulgarity:

1. "Milton Friedman provides some critically clarifying truthiness on the unholy coalitions between 'do-gooders', 'special interests', 'trade unions', and the vicious circle that this non-market-based decision will create. "Do-Gooders believe passing a law saying nobody shall get less than [a minimum wage] is helping poor people (who need the money). You're doing nothing of the kind. What you're doing is to ensure that people whose skills do not justify that wage will be unemployed." Milton Friedman On The Unholy Coalitions Of The Minimum Wage | Zero Hedge

Did you get that?
Friedman's saying you're a fool

2. FDR talked Congress into imposing the nation’s first comprehensive minimum-wage law in 1938. While to this day he gets a great deal of credit for these two measures from the general public, many economists have a different perspective. The minimum-wage law prices many of the inexperienced, the young, the unskilled, and the disadvantaged out of the labor market. For example, the minimum-wage provisions passed as part of another act in 1933 threw an estimated 500,000 blacks out of work.
http://fee.org/freeman/great-myths-of-the-great-depression/

3. The weight of research by academic scholars concludes that unemployment among some segments of the work force is directly related to legal minimum wages, See K.R. Kearl, et al., “What Economists Think,” and Alston, Kearl, and Vaughn, “Is There Global Economic Consensus,” both in the ‘American Economic Review.’

4. Minimum wage laws actually lower the cost of discriminating against the racially less-preferred individuals. To understand, consider this nonracial example on the effects of such ‘price-setting.’
a. Consider filet mignon and chuck steak. For argument’s sake, and in reality, consumers prefer the former.

b. Now ask, then why does chuck steak sell at all? And, in fact, why is it that chuck steak outsells filet mignon?? It is less preferred…yet competes favorably with something more preferred??

c. The answer is in what economists call ‘compensating differences.’ In effect the chuck says to you: “I’m not as tender nor tasty, but not as expensive,either! I sell for $4/pound, and filet mignon sells for $9/pound.”

d. Chuck steak, in effect, offers to ‘pay’ you $5/pound for its ‘inferiority,’ a compensating difference.

e. What if filet mignon sellers wanted to raise their sales against the less-preferred competitor, but couldn’t get a law passed forbidding the sale of chuck, what should they aim to do?

f. Push for a law establishing a minimum steak-price, say, $9/pound for all steak.

g. Now…chuck steak says: I don’t look as nice, I’m not tender or tasty as filet mignon, and I sell for the same price….Buy me!

h. Prior to legislation, the cost of discriminating against chuck steak was $5/pound…Now?
Race and Economics, Walter E. Williams.

5. Thus, any mandated minimum lowers the cost (encourages) indulging in racial preference, or increases the cost of training unskilled labor.

6. Now, if there are mandated minimums, employers will seek the more highly qualified candidate. Due to a number of socioeconomic reasons, white youths have higher levels of educational attainment and training.

7. It should be pointed out that minimum wage increases gives employers an economic incentive to make other changes: substitute machines for labor; change production techniques; relocate overseas; and eliminate certain jobs altogether. Race and Economics, Walter E. Williams.

That's the answer.

Here ya go.

Here YOU go:

"Researchers at UC-San Diego recently released a new study through the National Bureau of Economics Research. They tracked workers for two years after the 2009 federal minimum wage hike. So how did it affect low-wage workers? Their pay dropped. While some indeed saw a pay increase, over a million more either lost or couldn’t find jobs at the new rates. In total the average earnings of low-wage workers dropped by $150 a month.

The true minimum wage remains $0.00 an hour. Employers will not pay workers more than their productivity justifies. Trying to force employers to pay more will destroy jobs and hurt the very workers president Obama intends to help."Fact Checking Obama's Jobs Claims in State of the Union

Employers will not pay more than their over-inflated profit goals prescribe. Thank You!

Capitalist racketeers WILL NOT do the right thing unless made too. Regulation or creative racketeering.

That's the answer.

Here ya go.

Here YOU go:

Employers will not pay more than their over-inflated profit goals prescribe. Thank You!

Capitalist racketeers WILL NOT do the right thing unless made too. Regulation or creative racketeering.

"Employers will not pay more than their over-inflated profit goals prescribe."

I did not ask you to prove you're a fool...but thank you for it anyway.

Employers do so based on the force of misguided minimum wage laws.

When they go out of business, so go the jobs.

"In a stunning Tuesday report, Gallup CEO and Chairman Jim Clifton revealed that “for the first time in 35 years, American business deaths now outnumber business births.”Clifton says for the past six years since 2008, employer business startups have fallen below the business failure rate, spurring what he calls “an underground earthquake” that only stands to worsen as lagging U.S. Census data becomes available.
“Let’s get one thing clear: This economy is never truly coming back unless we reverse the birth and death trends of American businesses,” writes Clifton." Economic Death Spiral: More American Businesses Dying Than Starting - Breitbart

"More Businesses Shutting Down than Starting Up
'Business deaths now exceed business births for the first time' in decades.

The American economy is less entrepreneurial now than at any point in the last three decades. That's the conclusion of a new study out from the Brookings Institution, which looks at the rates of new business creation and destruction since 1978.
Not only that, but during the most recent three years of the study -- 2009, 2010 and 2011 -- businesses were collapsing faster than they were being formed, a first. Overall, new businesses creation (measured as the share of all businesses less than one year old) declined by about half from 1978 to 2011." http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/more-businesses-shutting-down-starting_791127.html

Thanks to government and do-gooders like you.

That's the answer.

Double talk.

When?

Facts....???

1. "Milton Friedman provides some critically clarifying truthiness on the unholy coalitions between 'do-gooders', 'special interests', 'trade unions', and the vicious circle that this non-market-based decision will create. "Do-Gooders believe passing a law saying nobody shall get less than [a minimum wage] is helping poor people (who need the money). You're doing nothing of the kind. What you're doing is to ensure that people whose skills do not justify that wage will be unemployed." Milton Friedman On The Unholy Coalitions Of The Minimum Wage | Zero Hedge

Did you get that?

2. FDR talked Congress into imposing the nation’s first comprehensive minimum-wage law in 1938. While to this day he gets a great deal of credit for these two measures from the general public, many economists have a different perspective. The minimum-wage law prices many of the inexperienced, the young, the unskilled, and the disadvantaged out of the labor market. For example, the minimum-wage provisions passed as part of another act in 1933 threw an estimated 500,000 blacks out of work.

3. The weight of research by academic scholars concludes that unemployment among some segments of the work force is directly related to legal minimum wages, See K.R. Kearl, et al., “What Economists Think,” and Alston, Kearl, and Vaughn, “Is There Global Economic Consensus,” both in the ‘American Economic Review.’

4. Minimum wage laws actually lower the cost of discriminating against the racially less-preferred individuals. To understand, consider this nonracial example on the effects of such ‘price-setting.’
a. Consider filet mignon and chuck steak. For argument’s sake, and in reality, consumers prefer the former.

b. Now ask, then why does chuck steak sell at all? And, in fact, why is it that chuck steak outsells filet mignon?? It is less preferred…yet competes favorably with something more preferred??

c. The answer is in what economists call ‘compensating differences.’ In effect the chuck says to you: “I’m not as tender nor tasty, but not as expensive,either! I sell for $4/pound, and filet mignon sells for $9/pound.”

d. Chuck steak, in effect, offers to ‘pay’ you $5/pound for its ‘inferiority,’ a compensating difference.

e. What if filet mignon sellers wanted to raise their sales against the less-preferred competitor, but couldn’t get a law passed forbidding the sale of chuck, what should they aim to do?

f. Push for a law establishing a minimum steak-price, say, $9/pound for all steak.

g. Now…chuck steak says: I don’t look as nice, I’m not tender or tasty as filet mignon, and I sell for the same price….Buy me!

h. Prior to legislation, the cost of discriminating against chuck steak was $5/pound…Now?

5. Thus, any mandated minimum lowers the cost (encourages) indulging in racial preference, or increases the cost of training unskilled labor.

6. Now, if there are mandated minimums, employers will seek the more highly qualified candidate. Due to a number of socioeconomic reasons, white youths have higher levels of educational attainment and training.

7. It should be pointed out that minimum wage increases gives employers an economic incentive to make other changes: substitute machines for labor; change production techniques; relocate overseas; and eliminate certain jobs altogether. Race and Economics, Walter E. Williams.

More anecdotal bull shit?

One thing Williams got right: "If one needed more evidence of the steep decay in academia, Donald Trump's victory provided it."

Trump and College Chaos by Walter E.Williams

Here ya go.

Here YOU go:

"Employers will not pay more than their over-inflated profit goals prescribe."

I did not ask you to prove you're a fool...but thank you for it anyway.

Employers do so based on the force of misguided minimum wage laws.

When they go out of business, so go the jobs.

"In a stunning Tuesday report, Gallup CEO and Chairman Jim Clifton revealed that “for the first time in 35 years, American business deaths now outnumber business births.”Clifton says for the past six years since 2008, employer business startups have fallen below the business failure rate, spurring what he calls “an underground earthquake” that only stands to worsen as lagging U.S. Census data becomes available.
“Let’s get one thing clear: This economy is never truly coming back unless we reverse the birth and death trends of American businesses,” writes Clifton." Economic Death Spiral: More American Businesses Dying Than Starting - Breitbart

"More Businesses Shutting Down than Starting Up
'Business deaths now exceed business births for the first time' in decades.

The American economy is less entrepreneurial now than at any point in the last three decades. That's the conclusion of a new study out from the Brookings Institution, which looks at the rates of new business creation and destruction since 1978.
Not only that, but during the most recent three years of the study -- 2009, 2010 and 2011 -- businesses were collapsing faster than they were being formed, a first. Overall, new businesses creation (measured as the share of all businesses less than one year old) declined by about half from 1978 to 2011." http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/more-businesses-shutting-down-starting_791127.html

Thanks to government and do-gooders like you.

A healthy economy is dependent on a healthy middle class. When employers stop fucking their employees, we will again have a healthy economy.

Double talk.

When?

Facts....???

Did you get that?

One thing Williams got right: "If one needed more evidence of the steep decay in academia, Donald Trump's victory provided it."

Gutter language is a well-known trait of one who recognizes that they've lost the argument, and cannot control their anger.
Defaulting to vulgarity proves that your thoughts are no more articulated on this subject than on any other... a second-rater with a third grader's vocabulary.

Massive disincentive to work from welfare.Once this single parent makes $16.5K per yr, wld have to earn >$63K to equal income from welfare.

C0sA01mXEAE8mzx.jpg

Double talk.

When?

Facts....???

Did you get that?

Gutter language is a well-known trait of one who recognizes that they've lost the argument, and cannot control their anger.
Defaulting to vulgarity proves that your thoughts are no more articulated on this subject than on any other... a second-rater with a third grader's vocabulary.

What argument? You are middle class and present positive arguments detrimental to you own financial health.

Forum List

Back