Minimum wage

There is no underemployment under capitalism, only underpayment.

With New Year just around the corner, are you planning on sprucing up that Styrofoam cup you wave around on the subway?

It's the least you could do.......
a new cardboard sign might help too

Something akin to

"Will Work For Fashion Tips!"
what about; will work for a horrible boss?
well you'd be a horrible employee so I'm sure no good boss would hire you
what about a "horrible boss" that is into, "fixer uppers"?

Minimum Wage laws....walter e. williams

1. While legislative bodies have the power to order wage increases, they have not as of yet found a way to order commensurate increases in worker productivity that make the worker’s output worth the higher wage.
  2. Further, while Congress can legislate the wage at which labor transactions occur, it cannot require that the transaction actually be made, and the worker hired.
Double talk.

Employees make all the money for their employers.

Williams also stated that if you voted for Trump, you are an idiot.​

No employees do not make all the money for the employee
employers would not be able to make anything if the employer didn't provide a place for them to work and the materials with which to do the work

Employees take no risk the business owner assumes all the risk therefore the lion's share of the reward

If you want a no risk life you get what you get

The employer provides the platform for the employee to make all of the money.....Thank You!

The employee takes more risk than the employer. The ultimate risk that the employer is smart enough to be an employer so their job is secured.

If an employer is well funded, well insured, knows who to hire, and doesn't hire relatives, the risks are zero.
the employee takes absolutely no risk

He puts in his time and gets a check at the end of the week

NO risk whatsoever if the business fails the employee loses nothing and he can sell his labor to someone else

What you don't understand is that employees sell their labor it is the employee's product. So if the employee wants more money for his product he has to make it worth more

If all five of my businesses folded today, all of my 650 employees would be out of work and I'd remain a multimillionaire.

An employee sells his/her labor IF he/she can find a new job.

Sorry but there is no way in hell you own even one business
It's not the employers fault if an employee who no longer works for him can find a job or not

If a person doesn't want to be at the mercy of others for work then he can work for himself

With New Year just around the corner, are you planning on sprucing up that Styrofoam cup you wave around on the subway?

It's the least you could do.......

Something akin to

no. You have obviously never ran a business and you certainly have never hired anyone. I don't have time for fixer uppers no business owner does

So I suggest you stop playing Mario Cart and learn some new skills and while you're at it give yourself an attitude adjustment

Come on, calm down. I feel we can have some compromise. Lower the Corporate Tax Rate and raise the Minimum Wage. Rich folks get a little something, and poor folks get a little something. Hopefully Trump will be open to it. He has indicated in the past, that he would be willing to consider raising the Minimum Wage.
You're not getting it. When you raise the min wage, you hurt poor people. When you lower the corporate tax rate you help poor people. Why is this tough to understand?

No indication raising Minimum Wages dramatically effects economies. That's a myth pushed by greedy stingy rich folks. States that have raised their Minimum Wages have not collapsed. They're doing fine. We can't always be in it for the rich folks. We have to look out for our poor and vulnerable too. Hopefully Trump will consider my compromise.
It has been a disaster for those most likely to earn it, namely young blacks. Check the unemployment rate for them. It is a disaster.

Not a minimum Wage issue. There is no historical evidence showing raising Minimum Wages destroys economies. It doesn't happen. Our current Minimum Wage is embarrassing. We can definitely do better.

"Our current Minimum Wage is embarrassing. We can definitely do better."

Of course, you don't really believe that.

David Mamet writes in "The Secret Knowledge"...
1. The adolescent, the Marxist, and the Liberal dream of “fairness,” brought about by the state. Silly. This would mean usurping the society decision that the skilled worker is entitled to higher pay than the unskilled. This decision is never pronounced by any authority other than the free market. It was arrived at via the interaction of human beings perfectly capable of ordering their own affairs.

2. Government cannot and will not correct itself- thus the necessity for elections. But society, convened as the free market, can and does correct itself…and quickly, ‘else the risk of impoverishment.

3. If the Leftist is interested in a more ‘fair’ redistribution of wealth, let him vote for lower taxes, and then he can distribute his now larger share of his wealth to the lesser compensated folks.

4. Illustrative of reality is the fact that the Leftist refrains from paying above the stated price for goods and services…he wants, as everyone else does, competition between said services. Only then does he stand a chance of getting a “fair” price. In his own enterprise, he strives to improve quality or lower price…’else his potential customers will take their business to others. Unless he has the power of government!

Soooo.....when have you demanded to pay more than a posted price?

When?
the rich are making more money than ever before; no one questions their worth for that.

Massive disincentive to work from welfare.Once this single parent makes $16.5K per yr, wld have to earn >$63K to equal income from welfare.

C0sA01mXEAE8mzx.jpg
don't believe in Capitalism? there is no "disincentive to work", Only underpayment.

Double talk.

Employees make all the money for their employers.

Williams also stated that if you voted for Trump, you are an idiot.​

employers would not be able to make anything if the employer didn't provide a place for them to work and the materials with which to do the work

Employees take no risk the business owner assumes all the risk therefore the lion's share of the reward

The employer provides the platform for the employee to make all of the money.....Thank You!

The employee takes more risk than the employer. The ultimate risk that the employer is smart enough to be an employer so their job is secured.

If an employer is well funded, well insured, knows who to hire, and doesn't hire relatives, the risks are zero.

NO risk whatsoever if the business fails the employee loses nothing and he can sell his labor to someone else

What you don't understand is that employees sell their labor it is the employee's product. So if the employee wants more money for his product he has to make it worth more

If all five of my businesses folded today, all of my 650 employees would be out of work and I'd remain a multimillionaire.

It's not the employers fault if an employee who no longer works for him can find a job or not

If a person doesn't want to be at the mercy of others for work then he can work for himself
talk is cheap; most small businesses fail due to under-capitalization.

a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and fourteen dollars an hour for unemployment compensation, provides a bailout.

Something akin to

no. You have obviously never ran a business and you certainly have never hired anyone. I don't have time for fixer uppers no business owner does

So I suggest you stop playing Mario Cart and learn some new skills and while you're at it give yourself an attitude adjustment
i am not the one complaining about a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage; if Henry Ford could double autoworker wages, any decent capitalist can double minimum wages.

You're not getting it. When you raise the min wage, you hurt poor people. When you lower the corporate tax rate you help poor people. Why is this tough to understand?

No indication raising Minimum Wages dramatically effects economies. That's a myth pushed by greedy stingy rich folks. States that have raised their Minimum Wages have not collapsed. They're doing fine. We can't always be in it for the rich folks. We have to look out for our poor and vulnerable too. Hopefully Trump will consider my compromise.
It has been a disaster for those most likely to earn it, namely young blacks. Check the unemployment rate for them. It is a disaster.

Not a minimum Wage issue. There is no historical evidence showing raising Minimum Wages destroys economies. It doesn't happen. Our current Minimum Wage is embarrassing. We can definitely do better.

1. The adolescent, the Marxist, and the Liberal dream of “fairness,” brought about by the state. Silly. This would mean usurping the society decision that the skilled worker is entitled to higher pay than the unskilled. This decision is never pronounced by any authority other than the free market. It was arrived at via the interaction of human beings perfectly capable of ordering their own affairs.

2. Government cannot and will not correct itself- thus the necessity for elections. But society, convened as the free market, can and does correct itself…and quickly, ‘else the risk of impoverishment.

3. If the Leftist is interested in a more ‘fair’ redistribution of wealth, let him vote for lower taxes, and then he can distribute his now larger share of his wealth to the lesser compensated folks.

4. Illustrative of reality is the fact that the Leftist refrains from paying above the stated price for goods and services…he wants, as everyone else does, competition between said services. Only then does he stand a chance of getting a “fair” price. In his own enterprise, he strives to improve quality or lower price…’else his potential customers will take their business to others. Unless he has the power of government!

When?
the rich are making more money than ever before; no one questions their worth for that.

I know the rich don't need any breaks, but you might get something out of em if you work out some sort of compromise. I propose lowering the Corporate Tax Rate while raising the Minimum Wage. Americans need to become flexible. They need to become more willing to compromise. Nothing will get done otherwise.

Last edited:

When?

I know the rich don't need any breaks, but you might get something out of em you work out some sort of compromise. I propose lowering the Corporate Tax Rate while raising the Minimum Wage. Americans need to become flexible. They need to become more willing to compromise. Nothing will get done otherwise.

I heard, and understood your point earlier.

As I pointed out at the time, there is no perennial category 'the rich' in this nation.

They are simply folks who work in regular occupations.

I can show that many civil servants fall into this category.

Minimum wage laws do the very opposite of your good intentions, dim the chances of entrepreneurs surviving, and serve almost no one.

WHO LOST JOBS WHEN THE MINIMUM WAGE ROSE?
"Increasing the minimum wage was meant to raise the living standards of millions of Americans holding unskilled, entry level positions. But it may have led to the elimination of 550,000 jobs -- opening the possibility that such wage levels should be revised, suggests a new study from Ball State University.

A study of part-time workers monitored by the Bureau of Labor Statistics from 1999 to 2009 found that raising the minimum wage to its current level of $7.25 during the recent recession caused some businesses to scale back on filling vacant positions or eliminate jobs altogether, says Michael J. Hicks, director of Ball State's Center for Business and Economic Research (CBER).
Other findings:
About 67 percent of teenagers and young adult minimum wage workers live in households with incomes at least twice the poverty level (for example $44,000 for a family of four).
Adult workers toiling at minimum wage have limited skill.
About two-thirds of all adult minimum wage workers have a high school degree or less.
One benefit of the minimum wage keeping some of these workers out the labor market is that it forces them to obtain additional education and training in the workforce development network."

You mean well, but you're wrong.

a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and fourteen dollars an hour for unemployment compensation, provides a bailout.

A bailout for who? Lazy shits like you who would choose not to work?

Something akin to

i am not the one complaining about a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage; if Henry Ford could double autoworker wages, any decent capitalist can double minimum wages.
If it's so easy then you start a business and pay everyone 15 an hour no matter what the market will bear for the price of your product or service and let me know how long you last

hell pay them 30 an hour from day one after all if Henry Ford could do it any business owner can

In fairness, our Government has a long history of bailing rich folks out. Personally, i'd rather bail poor folks out.

In fairness, our Government has a long history of bailing rich folks out. Personally, i'd rather bail poor folks out.

So let's just pay everyone in the country 14 an hour for not working like DP wants

"Personally, i'd rather bail poor folks out."

Then that's what you should do.

So.....as I asked earlier....when was the last time you demanded to pay more than the bill at the restaurant?

Get my point?

When?

I know the rich don't need any breaks, but you might get something out of em if you work out some sort of compromise. I propose lowering the Corporate Tax Rate while raising the Minimum Wage. Americans need to become flexible. They need to become more willing to compromise. Nothing will get done otherwise.
I am advocating ending our Warfare-State regime to abolish our income Tax; the right keeps refusing because they need the social bailout of our exorbitantly expensive, superpower.

When?

I know the rich don't need any breaks, but you might get something out of em you work out some sort of compromise. I propose lowering the Corporate Tax Rate while raising the Minimum Wage. Americans need to become flexible. They need to become more willing to compromise. Nothing will get done otherwise.

I heard, and understood your point earlier.

As I pointed out at the time, there is no perennial category 'the rich' in this nation.

They are simply folks who work in regular occupations.

I can show that many civil servants fall into this category.

Minimum wage laws do the very opposite of your good intentions, dim the chances of entrepreneurs surviving, and serve almost no one.

WHO LOST JOBS WHEN THE MINIMUM WAGE ROSE?
"Increasing the minimum wage was meant to raise the living standards of millions of Americans holding unskilled, entry level positions. But it may have led to the elimination of 550,000 jobs -- opening the possibility that such wage levels should be revised, suggests a new study from Ball State University.

A study of part-time workers monitored by the Bureau of Labor Statistics from 1999 to 2009 found that raising the minimum wage to its current level of $7.25 during the recent recession caused some businesses to scale back on filling vacant positions or eliminate jobs altogether, says Michael J. Hicks, director of Ball State's Center for Business and Economic Research (CBER).
Other findings:
About 67 percent of teenagers and young adult minimum wage workers live in households with incomes at least twice the poverty level (for example $44,000 for a family of four).
Adult workers toiling at minimum wage have limited skill.
About two-thirds of all adult minimum wage workers have a high school degree or less.
One benefit of the minimum wage keeping some of these workers out the labor market is that it forces them to obtain additional education and training in the workforce development network."

You mean well, but you're wrong.
consolidation always happens in the short run; expansion happens in the long as those persons spend more money.

i am willing to work harder than any rich guy; so, i deserve a bailout.

If it's so easy then you start a business and pay everyone 15 an hour no matter what the market will bear for the price of your product or service and let me know how long you last

hell pay them 30 an hour from day one after all if Henry Ford could do it any business owner can
Henry Ford doubled autoworker wages not minimum wages, and made a profit. Only lousy capitalists rely on minimum wages, forever. Why complain about the poor, making that poor lifestyle choice.

So let's just pay everyone in the country 14 an hour for not working like DP wants
we wouldn't need a mandated fifteen dollar an hour wage, would we. the right is only all talk about wanting fewer regulations.

"Personally, i'd rather bail poor folks out."

Then that's what you should do.

So.....as I asked earlier....when was the last time you demanded to pay more than the bill at the restaurant?

Get my point?
private charity Only covers multitudes of sins, not official poverty.

why end our War on Drugs to lower taxes.

Forum List

Back