Mississippi Cowards

With it they should look to replace their state pledge.
You cite an excellent article. I never knew anything about these state oaths before — I mean the real ones. After reading the article, I have to agree:

“Whoa! Pledging one's allegiance and loyalty to an artificially demarcated territory within the U.S. is a tad much already. But pledging one's life to the state and the state flag counts as fundamentally creepy.”

You cite an excellent article. I never knew anything about these state oaths before — I mean the real ones. After reading the article, I have to agree:

“Whoa! Pledging one's allegiance and loyalty to an artificially demarcated territory within the U.S. is a tad much already. But pledging one's life to the state and the state flag counts as fundamentally creepy.”

This morning I never knew of these pledges either. Seeing the topic got me trying to remember what my old home state called their odd shaped flag? Discovered my memory was close (but no cigar) upon looking it up, the article also noted its pledge which made me wonder if Mississippi's was anything controversial?

The most disgraceful conduct by a state Legislature in the history of the United States.
I think they changed that flag in response to "civil rights" legislation. I don't care what Mississippi does with its flag, but if they think this will satisfy the mob, they are smoking some shit.

The goal is to rid us of capitalism.
They changed it because pretty much every corporation, religion, university and FOOTBALL TEAM said Please Get Rid of the RAG LOL

The most disgraceful conduct by a state Legislature in the history of the United States.
I think they changed that flag in response to "civil rights" legislation. I don't care what Mississippi does with its flag, but if they think this will satisfy the mob, they are smoking some shit. The goal is to rid us of capitalism.
They changed it because pretty much every corporation, religion, university and FOOTBALL TEAM said Please Get Rid of the RAG LOL
True enough. And yet, here at USMB most of the loudest voices defend that flag. Sort of shows how unrepresentative those lunatics really are. Hell, some of them use the Confederate Flag in their own avatars!

I think they changed that flag in response to "civil rights" legislation. I don't care what Mississippi does with its flag, but if they think this will satisfy the mob, they are smoking some shit. The goal is to rid us of capitalism.
True enough. And yet, here at USMB most of the loudest voices defend that flag. Sort of shows how unrepresentative those lunatics really are. Hell, some of them use the Confederate Flag in their own avatars!
What's wrong with that?

I think they changed that flag in response to "civil rights" legislation. I don't care what Mississippi does with its flag, but if they think this will satisfy the mob, they are smoking some shit.

I bet sales of that flag skyrocket and it will be proudly flown out front of homes across Mississippi.

They changed it because they are pussfied.

I have a question , why did they wait for so very long??
They should now put an iron cross on the flag.

Miss and the in god we trust is a bit odd imo. I don't object to our motto, and think its actually pretty inoffensive. The point of the flag, aside from it being against our own econ and NCAA sporting interests, is that it is offensive to 1/3 of our citizens. It is simply unchristian, or morally indefensible. And we were losing SEC football recruits!!!!!

The vote was not about the fact that the flag was expressly adopted to be just that back in 1898 or whenever Reconstruction ended and Jim Crow took over and established a new constitution officially MANDATED segregation. But there is that.

But we have LAW requiring the motto displayed in schools. The Legislature removed from our license plates the lighthouse symbolizing Katrina and the guitar symbolizing the blues. JMO but plates should show some "unique" aspect to a state.

I have a question , why did they wait for so very long??
They should now put an iron cross on the flag.
My guess is a magnolia with the motto. I shall retain my extremely tiny stars and bars for my back yard and my little toy cannon. LOL

My guess is a magnolia with the motto. I shall retain my extremely tiny stars and bars for my back yard and my little toy cannon. LOL
Ah, the magnolia, You're going old school.

Our word for today: vexillologist.

1593466925545.png

Forum List

Back