Missouri House Republicans Vote To Defund Libraries

There is no point to explain anything to leftist pieces of shit. You all need to be eradicated.
Come get me.
So it appears you were just blowing smoke out of your ass and have no definable problem of truth in my post relating to defunding public libraries in Missouri or any other state, you simply disagree and have trouble expressing yourself.

Foreign Liberals like yourself

I am a stranger - and what and how I think and feel you do not know at all. Specially the word "liberal" means totally different things in the European and in the US-American world.

have no clue.

But glue and matches. Enough matierial for a bridge.

America is facing massive problems with inflation

So is Europe.

and and an influx of millions of desperate needy people.

Same in Europe.

I am a stranger - and what and how I think and feel you do not know at all. Specially the word "liberal" means totally different things in the European and in the US-American world.

But glue and matches. Enough matierial for a bridge.

So is Europe.

Same in Europe.
reading is acting white.....ask any good democrat....ignorance is bliss as long as the welfare checks keep coming anyhow

reading is acting white.....ask any good democrat...ignorance is bliss as long as the welfare checks keep coming anyhow

I am a German. I don't know what's your problem. What do you like to do? Do you like to let die people on sicknesses and hunger who are not able to find a legal way to help themselve?

I wish this was a joke, but it isn't.

Missouri House Republicans voted to defund all of the state’s public libraries, in a proposed $45.6 billion state budget that will soon move to a vote in the GOP-controlled state Senate.

[snip]

Missouri House budget committee leader Rep. Cody Smith (R-Carthage) proposed cutting library aid due to a recent lawsuit filed against the state last February.

The lawsuit — filed by the ACLU of Missouri on behalf of the Missouri Association of School Librarians and the Missouri Library Association — seeks to declare Senate Bill 775 unconstitutional, a bill that has resulted in over 300 books getting banned from school libraries, many of which include LGBTQ characters or racial justice themes.

I guess those Republicans don't like reading. Especially their state Constitution:

Section 10. Free public libraries—declaration of policy—state aid to local public libraries.—It is hereby declared to be the policy of the state to promote the establishment and development of free public libraries and to accept the obligation of their support by the state and its subdivisions and municipalities in such manner as may be provided by law. When any such subdivision or municipality supports a free library, the general assembly shall grant aid to such public library in such manner and in such amounts as may be provided by law.

Seems to me they're looking at changing the provisions in the LAW. Perhaps you should sign up for a remedial reading/comprehension class.

I wish this was a joke, but it isn't.

Missouri House Republicans voted to defund all of the state’s public libraries, in a proposed $45.6 billion state budget that will soon move to a vote in the GOP-controlled state Senate.

[snip]

Missouri House budget committee leader Rep. Cody Smith (R-Carthage) proposed cutting library aid due to a recent lawsuit filed against the state last February.

The lawsuit — filed by the ACLU of Missouri on behalf of the Missouri Association of School Librarians and the Missouri Library Association — seeks to declare Senate Bill 775 unconstitutional, a bill that has resulted in over 300 books getting banned from school libraries, many of which include LGBTQ characters or racial justice themes.

I guess those Republicans don't like reading. Especially their state Constitution:

Section 10. Free public libraries—declaration of policy—state aid to local public libraries.—It is hereby declared to be the policy of the state to promote the establishment and development of free public libraries and to accept the obligation of their support by the state and its subdivisions and municipalities in such manner as may be provided by law. When any such subdivision or municipality supports a free library, the general assembly shall grant aid to such public library in such manner and in such amounts as may be provided by law.
Mixed stance on the issue:
1. It isn't my state.
2. You can read books via a Kindle. No need to trot over to a Library.
3. Libraries regularly ban some books and have done so since their inception.
On the plus side:
1. They can be a good place to sit down and read something "away" from home, if you want to get away from screaming kids.
2. Some obscure books can be found in libraries versus the internet or kindle.
3. They're a great place for the homeless to hang out for a few hours during inclement weather.

Forum List

Back