Missouri Republicans tackle the big problems right off the bat....

I don't get it.

What is so terrifying about a woman who does not look, dress and act like a slut?

Everything the left does is driven by fear. Why do y'all fear someone who maybe dresses like your grandma?

Modesty and dignity are now sinful.

Why does a dignified looking woman send you into fits of rage?

Your cute little phony outrage on behalf of women who choose to work in a milieu that has a dress code is kind of weird.

Nobody is making those women work that particular job.

Y'all are just backward.

The new puritans
Oh look, Bizzaro world, where everything is reversed.

I don't get it.

What is so terrifying about a woman who does not look, dress and act like a slut?

I think we can see the problem here. Unless a woman is fully covered, you see her being dressed as a slut. I thought we condemned entire countries for that?

Missouri has a lot of problems, but if you were in the statehouse today, you would have thought the biggest one was what female legislators wear.

Peter Merideth (D-St. Louis) shared the news on Twitter, "Debating the house rules on the floor today, and the first amendment offered by a Republican is about making stricter the rules of what women have to wear in here."

Cannot have bare arms by the women, that might distract the men! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
/----/ Try telling the whole story.
In a Facebook post, Rep. Kelley shared that she has received "lots of hateful calls emails, and messages regarding this amendment, which is funny because we already have a dress code all I was doing was fixing the errors and clarifying the rule."

She added that she brought the amendment to the floor because the House's chief clerk had "requested for many years to get [this] fixed in our rules." And she denied wasting anyone's time, saying her speech had only taken five minutes and blamed Missouri Democrats for prolonging the debate.

"How is encouraging professionalism wrong?" Kelley added. "If there is ever a time to honor traditions and be professional it is on the House Chamber Floor in the Missouri House of Representatives; I will not apologize for standing up for these things."

/----/ Try telling the whole story.
In a Facebook post, Rep. Kelley shared that she has received "lots of hateful calls emails, and messages regarding this amendment, which is funny because we already have a dress code all I was doing was fixing the errors and clarifying the rule."

She added that she brought the amendment to the floor because the House's chief clerk had "requested for many years to get [this] fixed in our rules." And she denied wasting anyone's time, saying her speech had only taken five minutes and blamed Missouri Democrats for prolonging the debate.

"How is encouraging professionalism wrong?" Kelley added. "If there is ever a time to honor traditions and be professional it is on the House Chamber Floor in the Missouri House of Representatives; I will not apologize for standing up for these things."

Leftist vermin read a half dozen words and go BOOM!

The radical republicants of Mizzouri have a groomer policy of control of all womenz, chillin's, and freaks.
/----/ The proposal was made by a woman. But you already knew that,
Republican state Rep. Ann Kelley proposed an amendment that would require women to wear jackets, defined as both blazers and knit blazers, with dresses, skirts, or slacks, and dress shoes or boots. Kelley stated that the update is necessary because "it is essential to always maintain a formal and professional atmosphere."

Lawmakers met on Wednesday to debate changes to the House rules, as is customary at the start of a new General Assembly every two years. The existing dress code, which was last updated in 2021, states that women are required to wear a "dress or skirts or slacks worn with a blazer or sweater and appropriate dress shoes or boots."

Is this more of the "both parties do it" stuff?
/----/ It's more of: Lawmakers met on Wednesday to debate changes to the House rules, as is customary at the start of a new General Assembly every two years. The existing dress code, which was last updated in 2021, states that women are required to wear a "dress or skirts or slacks worn with a blazer or sweater and appropriate dress shoes or boots."

A woman can dress professionally without wearing a jacket like the men.
/-----/ Not in the Missouri House they can't: Men also must adhere to a dress code in the Chambers with male lawmakers required to wear "business attire, including coat, tie, dress trousers, and dress shoes or boots."
See any men without jackets and ties in the Chamber?
IMG_2018.jpg

/----/ The proposal was made by a woman. But you already knew that,
Republican state Rep. Ann Kelley proposed an amendment that would require women to wear jackets, defined as both blazers and knit blazers, with dresses, skirts, or slacks, and dress shoes or boots. Kelley stated that the update is necessary because "it is essential to always maintain a formal and professional atmosphere."

Lawmakers met on Wednesday to debate changes to the House rules, as is customary at the start of a new General Assembly every two years. The existing dress code, which was last updated in 2021, states that women are required to wear a "dress or skirts or slacks worn with a blazer or sweater and appropriate dress shoes or boots."
Yes, formal and professional two words abused and used by the upper classes.

Remember when ALL employees for ANY company were expected to look like a trusted, productive member of society?
What happened? Did leftists make such an expectation out to be RACIST? Why do you lefties hate standards and expectations?
One doesn't need to wear a restricting suit and tie to be productive. Comfortable attire results in more productivity. Suits and ties equate with snobbish elitism.

One doesn't need to wear a restricting suit and tie to be productive. Comfortable attire results in more productivity. Suits and ties equate with snobbish elitism.

How many hours a year do they actually work in the Missouri statehouse?

Snobbish elitism is in the eye of the beholder. Don't be so snotty.

Last edited:
I've never understood wearing a tie. It's restrictive and unbecoming. A suit jacket without a tie is fine. Ask any employee what their favorite workdays are. Dress down days of course.

I've never understood wearing a tie. It's restrictive and unbecoming. A suit jacket without a tie is fine. Ask any employee what their favorite workdays are. Dress down days of course.
They are a safety hazard, why would anyone wears a noose at work?

To me the tie represents the master's noose of enslavement for groomers.
/----/ Like everything else - you're wrong wrong wrong.

Cravats​

However, many historians argue that the necktie we see today is the latest evolution of the “cravat” from the seventeenth century. A cravat is a light neck scarf that was worn by Croatian mercenaries who worked for Louis XIII, and then for his successors. These cravats were colorful and helped in holding the jacket together. More than this utility, however, the French emperor was impressed by the mercenaries’ apparent fashion sense—and he wasn’t the only one!

By the time Louis XIV got onto the throne, these cravats had taken Paris by storm! Starched linen ruffs that French noblemen used to wear were quickly being replaced with bright cravats. Cravats were loose and supposedly looked better than linen ruffs.

Forum List

Back