More economic good news, unemployment rate drops to 8.6%

Three months ago, we were hearing that we were about to go back into a recession. But since that time, nonfarm payrolls have risen by 440,000. Over the past 12 months, nonfarm payrolls have risen by 1.6 million.

In the household survey - the survey that measures the rate of unemployment - the number of people employed has risen by 1.6 million over the past year, and all of that and more have been jobs created in the private sector. Over the past three months, private jobs in the household survey has risen by 480,000.

Clearly, we haven't slipped back into recession, so people are happy about it.

This is decent news. It's not great news but its not bad news either.

The UE3 dropped to 8.6%. Woo hoo!! Ass licking Obamites go into orgasmic spasms of joy. Obama runs out and calls it a "positive" sign. Chris Matthews squirts in his pants and Joy Behar shits herself!! It's a joyous day!! Woo Hoo!!! Threads "thanking" Obama start appearing on message boards across the country.

Reality: The UE3 dropped because of a shrinking workforce, not because the economy is creating new jobs. Simple math folks. If the workforce participation rate was the same as January 2009, the UE3 would be at 11%. The problem has become worse, not better. A shrinking workforce means a shrinking GDP and more pain for the middle class. It also means less revenue for the government, increasing our debt. Less income will go to Social Security and Medicare- increasing the burden on our economy. When you dig into the numbers and think this through, you realize that this is horrible news.

Why do so many Progressives lack the ability to think things through? Here are more "progressive" solutions to ponder.....

If Obama can shrink the work force by a few million more- the unemployment problem is solved!! :cuckoo:
If we raise the DUI limit we can solve the drunk driving problem!! :cuckoo:
If we lower the standards for a passing grade at school, we can solve the education problem!!! :cuckoo:

the party has just crashed.

a shrinking workforce means a shrinking gdp and more pain for the middle class.
p-r-o-d-u-c-t-i-v-i-t-y

We can hope for productivity gains. But right now, this is the equivalent of losing weight by amputating a leg......

True, but that is what everyone is shooting for right now. They know that revenues are fixed, so they are trying to reduce costs.

The UE3 dropped to 8.6%. Woo hoo!! Ass licking Obamites go into orgasmic spasms of joy. Obama runs out and calls it a "positive" sign. Chris Matthews squirts in his pants and Joy Behar shits herself!! It's a joyous day!! Woo Hoo!!! Threads "thanking" Obama start appearing on message boards across the country.

Reality: The UE3 dropped because of a shrinking workforce, not because the economy is creating new jobs. Simple math folks. If the workforce participation rate was the same as January 2009, the UE3 would be at 11%. The problem has become worse, not better. A shrinking workforce means a shrinking GDP and more pain for the middle class. It also means less revenue for the government, increasing our debt. Less income will go to Social Security and Medicare- increasing the burden on our economy. When you dig into the numbers and think this through, you realize that this is horrible news.

Why do so many Progressives lack the ability to think things through? Here are more "progressive" solutions to ponder.....

If Obama can shrink the work force by a few million more- the unemployment problem is solved!! :cuckoo:
If we raise the DUI limit we can solve the drunk driving problem!! :cuckoo:
If we lower the standards for a passing grade at school, we can solve the education problem!!! :cuckoo:

:eusa_think:if we kill all the sick people, no health care issues:eek:

goodbye medicare!:woohoo:

Three months ago, we were hearing that we were about to go back into a recession. But since that time, nonfarm payrolls have risen by 440,000. Over the past 12 months, nonfarm payrolls have risen by 1.6 million.

In the household survey - the survey that measures the rate of unemployment - the number of people employed has risen by 1.6 million over the past year, and all of that and more have been jobs created in the private sector. Over the past three months, private jobs in the household survey has risen by 480,000.

Clearly, we haven't slipped back into recession, so people are happy about it.

This is decent news. It's not great news but its not bad news either.

Oh I agree, the double dip appears to have receded. A caveat though, However with 45% of corp. earnings coming from the pac and eur. we are not out of the woods yet.

20110901-182003-1.jpg
We can hope for productivity gains. But right now, this is the equivalent of losing weight by amputating a leg......

No, the recent GDP growth has been primarily driven by productivity gains.

and, that was revised downward to 2.0 % from 2.5%.

They will find a reason why this is not good.

Still, one reason the unemployment rate fell so much was because roughly 315,000 people gave up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed.

And yet your side can't stop fucking shouting "Get a job" to everybody with a dissenting view. It's that easy to get a job, right?
Yes it is....Twice a week I get an email from Jobs & Job Search Advice, Employment & Careers | Careerbuilder.com. In it there are at least 75 available jobs in the skilled trades/technical fields. That's a small category.
Don't tell me there aren't jobs to be had. Yes, finding a good paying job is much tougher because it is a "buyer's market", but the positions are still open waiting for candidates to fill them....Oh, there are plenty of companies that have put hiring on hold until the Obama care thing is worked out. But that does not mean there are no jobs available.

Ran into some kids appying for jobs at the mall.

Help wanted signs are out here in Va.

Your progressive friends call that child labor exploitation and are strongly opposed - allegedly its bad for the economy - If I remember correctly grown adults should be flipping burgers and scrubbing toilets because children may get poisoned by ammonia and bleach... 16-year-olds apparently steal their jobs....

Last edited:

Your progressive friends call that child labor exploitation and are strongly opposed - allegedly its bad for the economy - If I remember correctly grown adults should be flipping burgers and scrubbing toilets because children may get poisoned by ammonia and bleach... 16-year-olds apparently steal their jobs....

What the fuck are you talking about?

I have no idea how old they were.

Don't worry some republicans even jumped into the gangbanging OWS fiasco...

It was funny watching republicans claim it was their mommy and daddies responsiblity to pay them to do nothing and that the GDP has no relation to consumer growth...

Last edited:

It was funny watching republicans claim it was their mommy and daddies responsiblity to pay them to do nothing and that the GDP has no relation to consumer growth...

I don't think you should talk about our retired military that way.

I don't think you should talk about our retired military that way.

He didn't but you just did. By comparing the OWS protest to the retired military. What you are about to get is your fault.

Christmas hiring is a temporary fix the economy doesn't grow with monthly hit and miss jobs growth you fucking idiot. Steady job growth means a healthy economy. Some experts claim things will get worse in Jan 2012.

Christmas hiring is a temporary fix the economy doesn't grow with monthly hit and miss jobs growth you fucking idiot. Steady job growth means a healthy economy. Some experts claim things will get worse in Jan 2012.

Some people believe in Bigfoot.

Home sales are up 10%.

Auto sales are up 13.9%

Retail sales are up 16%.

The stock market went up 7% in the last week.

See the trend?

ARguing whther the economic is better off or worse than it was is sort of an excercise in futility.

The economy is what is.

What is it becoming is entirely a different matter and frankly nobody knows how that will shake out.

It doesn't look all that good, though.

The Euro crises looms large on the horizon.

Euro banks aren't even willing to lend dollars to each other in return for Euros.

Their crises in confidence of their own banking system is well founded, folks.

Forum List

Back