More Free Stuff to run up the debt or taxes.

Well, those taxes are used by the government that you hate so much to make those things happen. You see, it takes money to run a first world country.

Hong Kong has a much stronger economy than the US and collects a whole less taxes per capita than our bloated filthy ass government.

It is not how much you spend on government that makes it good. It is how you spend the money and the US government and many state governments are very bad at spending it wisely.

We waste tons of money on everything imaginable and that includes education. Education in the US has turned into welfare for the unions in a lot of places.

The worse thing about our government is that money is taken away from the people that earn it and given away to those that didn't earn it in the form of welfare, subsidies and bailouts.

I agree.

Nothing is free. Its using someone elses hard earned money and letting those that didn't earn it spend it.

Education is a bottomless pit in this country and we turn out kids who can't read or spell.

I sure don't want my tax dollars to give some kid two years of "free" college.

Nothing is free.

Flash, did you know that Congress controls the purse strings of the country. Yep. It is the job of Congress to pass a budget that controls the spending of the nation.

Now when you claim that Obama has spent all this money, how did he do that?

Don't you want to pay for the wars started during the Bush Presidency? Remember when Bush requested the war be funded off the books so to speak. Supplemental appropriations I think they call it. You do recall that Bush started his war with no idea or intention to pay for it. But somebody had to step up and require that the war costs be shown in the budget. Obama did that. He should have continued to hide the Iraq war cost like Bush did. Isn't that right?

How about those prescription drugs for old people. You want to stop paying for them now? Bush had no idea how to pay for them when he pushed that program through Congress. But Obama has continued to show the cost in the national budget. To bad he couldn't have hid those costs as well isn't it?

And those reduced taxes that Bush pushed through and Obama continued with. What a mistake that was eh?
Should have taken all the rates back to where they were before the Bush cuts. But no, the Republicans used the tax cuts in their hostage situation over the funding of the government. Think that reduced tax revenue contributed to the deficit? I know you don't think that. But when you have less money coming in and increase the amount going out, the deficit grows. True.

Flash I recognize that you have gone to school during the recent past when schools were failing their students.
To bad you didn't work on your own to get a better education. But it is never to late to improve your education.

I have said many times that the both the Republicans and the Democrats are parties of big government. At the end of the day there is not much difference between the two.

Republicans are always better than the Democrats but that is not saying much because the Democrats are so bad. It doesn't take much to be better than them.

For ten years year now I don't vote for either party. I have stop voting for bad government. Do you have any plans to do the same?

The problem is not that this country doesn't collect enough taxes. It is the fact that this country spends (and waste) far too much money for government. Here this idiot Obama has come up with yet another big government entitlement. You stupid Democrats want even more spending and higher taxes. Idiotic!

The fact that you don't understand that the problem is a big bloated government makes you a good poster child for the Moon Bat Club.

By the way, Obama as a Senator in that filthy 2006 elected Democrat Congress, voted for Bush's deficit's budgets in 2007 and 2008 so not only is he responsible for his own massive debt as President but also owns responsibility of the Bush debt, as do many other Democrats.

The Republicans in Congress since 2010 (along with the Democrats) also owns responsibility for allowing Obama's debt. Piss on both of them.

I would be all for it if the student had to do public service or some kind of part time job.

Well, those taxes are used by the government that you hate so much to make those things happen. You see, it takes money to run a first world country.

Hong Kong has a much stronger economy than the US and collects a whole less taxes per capita than our bloated filthy ass government.

It is not how much you spend on government that makes it good. It is how you spend the money and the US government and many state governments are very bad at spending it wisely.

We waste tons of money on everything imaginable and that includes education. Education in the US has turned into welfare for the unions in a lot of places.

The worse thing about our government is that money is taken away from the people that earn it and given away to those that didn't earn it in the form of welfare, subsidies and bailouts.

I agree.

Nothing is free. Its using someone elses hard earned money and letting those that didn't earn it spend it.

Education is a bottomless pit in this country and we turn out kids who can't read or spell.

Nothing is free.

Education is a bottomless pit in this country

Spoken like a true Conservative

[

I agree.

Nothing is free.

Federal funding for "education" has largely become nothing more than welfare for the unions and free lunches for the children of the welfare queens.

I would be all for it if the student had to do public service or some kind of part time job.

I would like to see that. Allow students to join the military or volunteer for community service to get tuition reimbursement

What? Left wing sponsored "community service" like registering voters for the Democrat Party because that is what it will evolve to,

We don't need yet another big bloated corrupt and incompetent entitlement program that will be ineffective and mismanaged.

An educated population is well worth it. Of course, you don't want that.

It is, if the jobs are there. With the way technology is growing, we don't need millions of people with college degree's asking "you want fries with that"?

Mark

We all enjoy our freeways, highways and streets right?
We all enjoy safely crossing over that bridge
We all enjoy science and innovation

We would bitch to high hell if that was gone.

We depend on the fda and faa to do their jobs.

Fuck all you hypocritical small government people. You're fools.

I want a responsible government....
Not spend,spend,spend.....and spend more....
And when that doesn't work....
Spend more.

Investing in education is responsible government

I agree.

Nothing is free.

Fiscal conservative and proud to be one.

We spend billions on education. Its a bottomless pit that turns out kids who can't read or write.

Hell. Most towns spend 2/3rds of collected taxes on education.

Bottomless pit says it all.

No. Education is never wasted.

You want to see waste?

0053_defense-comparison-full.gif

Let's spend nothing on defense.....
Then we can have more money to spend....

Then when the shit hits the fan we can ask the world to help us out....
A Liberal's dream....

Rozman

Please post a link to where anyone wrote "Let's spend nothing on defense".

Thanks.

I agree.

Nothing is free.

Fiscal conservative and proud to be one.

We spend billions on education. Its a bottomless pit that turns out kids who can't read or write.

Hell. Most towns spend 2/3rds of collected taxes on education.

Bottomless pit says it all.

It has also produced hundreds of millions of Americans who are among the most productive workers on earth

Education is our future.....PERIOD

We cannot become a society where only those who can afford it are given an opportunity for advanced education

Good. Then you an all likeminded can pay for that "free" two years of college.

Education is an investment in our own best interests.

But Republicans are against both education and investing in the US.
Sorry but me paying for someone else to sit through Psych 101 is not benefiting me whatsoever.

If we want to say free education is an "investment" we want to make then those receiving the education should first have to invest in themselves.

I'd rather see more aid for people in their last 2 years of college or grad school with a stipulation that they pay it back than waste it on college freshmen and sophomores who have a higher likelihood of dropping out

Flash, did you know that Congress controls the purse strings of the country. Yep. It is the job of Congress to pass a budget that controls the spending of the nation.

Now when you claim that Obama has spent all this money, how did he do that?

Don't you want to pay for the wars started during the Bush Presidency? Remember when Bush requested the war be funded off the books so to speak. Supplemental appropriations I think they call it. You do recall that Bush started his war with no idea or intention to pay for it. But somebody had to step up and require that the war costs be shown in the budget. Obama did that. He should have continued to hide the Iraq war cost like Bush did. Isn't that right?

How about those prescription drugs for old people. You want to stop paying for them now? Bush had no idea how to pay for them when he pushed that program through Congress. But Obama has continued to show the cost in the national budget. To bad he couldn't have hid those costs as well isn't it?

And those reduced taxes that Bush pushed through and Obama continued with. What a mistake that was eh?
Should have taken all the rates back to where they were before the Bush cuts. But no, the Republicans used the tax cuts in their hostage situation over the funding of the government. Think that reduced tax revenue contributed to the deficit? I know you don't think that. But when you have less money coming in and increase the amount going out, the deficit grows. True.

Flash I recognize that you have gone to school during the recent past when schools were failing their students.
To bad you didn't work on your own to get a better education. But it is never to late to improve your education.

Sigh. Where do people get this crap from? NOTHING is done "off the books". Every penny spent is tallied. When the war was fought "off the books", it simply meant that the cost of fighting a war is unknown and that trying to budget for it is a fools errand.

As to prescription drugs for seniors, no Bush didn't put in a mechanism to pay for them, which he should have. However, that happens a lot. If every law passed had to be paid for, would there be a debt? Nope. Bush is hardly the problem.

Since the Dems in Congress refused to pass a budget, can we now rightly state that every cent of spending Obama has done has been "off the books"?

Mark

Obamas plan does not go far enough

In addition to Community College he should also offer free tuition to trade schools. It should be tied to some community service commitment from the students

$18 trillion in debt....
And we don't spend enough....

Unbelievable.

Didn't say that when it was Bomb Bomb Bomb....
That cost trillions...

But someone want to better themselves... Thos are the pricks we go after...

You actually show how more clueless you are everyday... Education pays 9 dollars back on every dollar invested in future tax revenue...

Not everyone wants to a Dumbass like you

Forum List

Back