More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
not what I said mr. liar, not what I said, wow you can't read that big CO2 word there can you. Funny though. You should go take some basic language classes somewhere derp

not what I said mr. liar

When you say, "it...it...it", with no clear reference to what you're talking about, it makes me think English isn't your first language.

wow you can't read that big CO2 word there can you.

Are you trying to say "CO2 doesn't heat up the Earth"?
If so, say that, so I don't have to mock your poor English skills.

Please, mocking your poor understanding of science is exhausting enough.
I did, CO2 doesn't heat up the earth.

Does CO2 heat up?
you mean does it absorb, yep.

So does it heat up? show us the experiment with a temperature reading.

So does it heat up?

Yes. When matter absorbs energy, it heats up.
Does CO2 get warmer than it's surrounding?

it doesn't heat it up cause no one can prove it!!!!!! derp back at you

it doesn't heat it up

The Sun doesn't heat up the Earth? Why not?
not what I said mr. liar, not what I said, wow you can't read that big CO2 word there can you. Funny though. You should go take some basic language classes somewhere derp

not what I said mr. liar

When you say, "it...it...it", with no clear reference to what you're talking about, it makes me think English isn't your first language.

I did, CO2 doesn't heat up the earth. I've asked and I've asked and still today, no one can show that CO2 heats up the earth. I've asked you directly and you bow out.

BTW, I have in fact stated that CO2 cools the earth, but hey you have no memory skills so you don't remember those discussions.

BTW, I have in fact stated that CO2 cools the earth

Yes you did. Your fantasy explanation was funny.

Is it still your position that CO2 absorbs energy but never radiates?

I've asked and I've asked and still today, no one can show that CO2 heats up the earth.

CO2 slows the escape of IR into space.

I don't know since no one can show it does. So I leave it open. It's why I have asked for the evidence, and all I get is a mathematical equation and a statement that says all matter above 0 radiates. But there are conditions to how matter radiates, and in that I need evidence that shows that when CO2 absorbs it makes it surrounding hotter than what it absorbed. Simple eh? yet, there isn't one experiment from any warmer or you.

CO2 slows the escape of IR into space

Again, no evidence to support that, zip. Just post up the experiment that shows that happens and I'm all good.

One more thing, how do you know that the atmospheric CO2 isn't absorbing incoming IR from the sun, or are you going to say there isn't any?

not what I said mr. liar

Does CO2 heat up?

So does it heat up?

I don't know. How would you tell if it did or it didn't?
Since it absorbs and radiates, constantly, it could be both warmer and then cooler, if
you could actually measure the temperature of a single molecule, which, of course, you can't.

Does CO2 heat up?

So does it heat up?

Since it absorbs and radiates, constantly, it could be both warmer and then cooler, if
you could actually measure the temperature of a single molecule, which, of course, you can't.
CO2 is a gas and experiments are doable. In fact, I posted one such and it showed the air in the container got cooler. hmmmmmmmm

it doesn't heat it up

The Sun doesn't heat up the Earth? Why not?

not what I said mr. liar

I did, CO2 doesn't heat up the earth. I've asked and I've asked and still today, no one can show that CO2 heats up the earth. I've asked you directly and you bow out.

BTW, I have in fact stated that CO2 cools the earth, but hey you have no memory skills so you don't remember those discussions.

BTW, I have in fact stated that CO2 cools the earth

Yes you did. Your fantasy explanation was funny.

I've asked and I've asked and still today, no one can show that CO2 heats up the earth.

CO2 slows the escape of IR into space.

I don't know since no one can show it does. So I leave it open. It's why I have asked for the evidence, and all I get is a mathematical equation and a statement that says all matter above 0 radiates. But there are conditions to how matter radiates, and in that I need evidence that shows that when CO2 absorbs it makes it surrounding hotter than what it absorbed. Simple eh? yet, there isn't one experiment from any warmer or you.

Again, no evidence to support that, zip. Just post up the experiment that shows that happens and I'm all good.

One more thing, how do you know that the atmospheric CO2 isn't absorbing incoming IR from the sun, or are you going to say there isn't any?

I don't know since no one can show it does.

You claimed it absorbs and never radiates, but now you claim no one can show that?

If that's the case, why did you make that claim?

It's why I have asked for the evidence, and all I get is a mathematical equation and a statement that says all matter above 0 radiates.

Well, some evidence is the measurement of downward IR at night, when the Sun can't be the source.
The mathematical equation which hasn't been refuted and the fact that all matter above 0K does radiate.

But there are conditions to how matter radiates

Besides a temperature above 0K, what other conditions do you feel apply?

and in that I need evidence that shows that when CO2 absorbs it makes it surrounding hotter than what it absorbed.

Hotter than what it absorbed? It absorbed energy. Another muddled statement by you.

Again, no evidence to support that, zip

If a photon is absorbed in the atmosphere, instead of escaping, immediately, that is slower.
What more evidence do you need?

Does CO2 heat up?

So does it heat up?

CO2 is a gas and experiments are doable. In fact, I posted one such and it showed the air in the container got cooler. hmmmmmmmm

CO2 is a gas and experiments are doable

Yes, to both.

In fact, I posted one such and it showed the air in the container got cooler.

I don't remember what you're talking about. Refresh my memory.

Thanks.

So in a poorly constructed, poorly measured experiment, a bottle with more CO2, not pure CO2,
looks a bit cooler. What is that supposed to tell us about CO2 in the atmosphere slowing the escape of IR into space?

I did especially like this part of your link......

Any substance which is above 0 K will emit IR. A substance which emits IR must also absorb IR.

Do you have a link that supports your "CO2 absorbs and never emits IR", or will all your links refute your claims?

because I can?

Well, some evidence is the measurement of downward IR at night, when the Sun can't be the source.

doesn't mean it's back radiation. Why can't it be incoming IR absorbed and radiated?

Why is a desert so cold at night?

the actual temperature

you can't prove that at all, so you have no evidence, so it's you just making a statement like me.

If a photon is absorbed in the atmosphere, instead of escaping, immediately, that is slower.

In your scenario, isn't it re-emitted? how fast do you think that is? so not sure the slow down, it is all done very quickly

Thanks.

So in a poorly constructed, poorly measured experiment, a bottle with more CO2, not pure CO2,
looks a bit cooler. What is that supposed to tell us about CO2 in the atmosphere slowing the escape of IR into space?

Any substance which is above 0 K will emit IR. A substance which emits IR must also absorb IR.

Do you have a link that supports your "CO2 absorbs and never emits IR", or will all your links refute your claims?
looks a bit cooler

So plus one experiment jc, zip todd.

because I can?

doesn't mean it's back radiation. Why can't it be incoming IR absorbed and radiated?

temperature

you can't prove that at all, so you have no evidence, so it's you just making a statement like me.

In your scenario, isn't it re-emitted? how fast do you think that is? so not sure the slow down, it is all done very quickly

Incoming solar radiation absorbed and radiated by what? Still working its way down hours after the Sun sets?

Less, but not zero, back radiation.

temperature

That's the only condition.

In your scenario, isn't it re-emitted?

In reality, it is re-emitted. You feel it isn't.

how fast do you think that is?

Pretty fast.

Thanks.

looks a bit cooler

Yes, you posted one experiment.
So why is the bottle with more CO2 supposedly cooler?
What is that supposed to tell us about CO2 in the atmosphere slowing the escape of IR into space?

because I can?

temperature

Incoming solar radiation absorbed and radiated by what? Still working its way down hours after the Sun sets?

temperature

Pretty fast.

so you don't think incoming IR is absorbed?

why, CO2 is equally in the atmosphere?

Thanks.

looks a bit cooler

What is that supposed to tell us about CO2 in the atmosphere slowing the escape of IR into space?

Yep, and you still zip.

because I can?

temperature

temperature

Pretty fast.

I do. It is.

CO2 isn't the only source of back radiation.

Thanks.

looks a bit cooler

Yep, and you still zip.

Incoming solar radiation absorbed and radiated by what?

Thanks.

looks a bit cooler

Yep, and you still zip.

the gases in the atmosphere.

Thanks.

looks a bit cooler

Yep, and you still zip.

Gases in the atmosphere are absorbing and re-reradiating energy. Good to know.

And they're slowing the incoming solar radiation?

looks a bit cooler

Yep, and you still zip.

yep, it's what makes earth different than the moon.

Yep, and you still zip.

yep, it's what makes earth different than the moon.

Yep, back radiation makes the Earth different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back