Multiple Armed Gunman Have Stormed the Michigan State House

If any of them die it would be like the Minuteman at Lexington and Concord.

Ah the dangers of the deluded and mistaken historical analogy.

This virus is not the British Empire, it is a global threat to all of humanity and civilisation itself, as such maybe America's response during World War Two is more apt.

Mass drafts to fight, whether you liked it or not, industry conscripted by the government for war production, many economic controls put on private companies by government, calls for everyone to put their selfish self interest aside for a time and think of the country as a whole.

But they were the Greatest Generation of Americans.

Your generation are not.

You are paranoid, angry, have an every failing standard of living even prior to the virus storm (medium incomes have been falling in real terms for decades) a dysfunctional health care system, the most expensive in the world with the worst macro outcomes in the developed world, a chaotic social support system that does not offer the unemployed civilised or sane relief and your political system is divided, full of circus like performances and the joke of the democratic world now.

Oh and what you used to be able to do, win a war, you can no longer do.

Two failed wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

This sort of self indulgent anger in a pandemic, an America with the most amount of infections and highest amount of deaths does not astonish me, but it is sad to behold an every failing republic.

Characterizing my post to another as a logical fallacy when, INDEED, a significant possibility exists when opposing factions confront each other with the stupidity quotient running high from the knuckle dragging, penis envying, low IQ idiots looking for sport and displays of daring do! Do study up some on fallacies though!

My crude rhetoric? What complaint do you have of my prose directly above, ya bloody wanker?
It's moronic and sophomoric just like your contention that at any moment the OK Corral shoot out
was likely to break out on the steps of the Michigan state house.

Why not stop all the b.s. for a moment and honestly ask yourself why citizens of Michigan feel like they have to show up at the state house, probably disobeying all sorts of Whitmer imperial edicts, with firearms to get the
governor's attention?

Founding fathers had to toss English tea into Boston harbor. Whitmer should be bright enough to think, hey, wait a minute! Why are these people so pissed off. But she isn't up to that.
It's moronic and sophomoric just like your contention that at any moment the OK Corral shoot out
So you stoop to lying and purposeful misrepresentation now...pitiful coward's dodge!

I never came even close to contending an, "OK Corral shoot out was likely to break out on the steps of the Michigan state house." I stand by what I wrote, your faulty and petty "interpretations" notwithstanding!
Why not stop all the b.s. for a moment and honestly ask yourself why citizens of Michigan feel like they have to show up at the state house, probably disobeying all sorts of Whitmer imperial edicts, with firearms to get the
governor's attention?
Funny me! 56 years ago I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. The odd thing is there was no expiration date on that oath! The point is that the thought of taking up arms against a State or the Federal government would require me to violate that oath. You obviously have conflicted loyalties given you side with the Michigander Thugs rather than the Rule of LAW! It must suck to live in your skin!

There are lawful means to resolve grievances

And when the authorities break their oaths and become playtime gods, turning on the people and refusing to resolve said grievances, what then?
And when the authorities break their oaths and become playtime gods, turning on the people and refusing to resolve said grievances, what then?
Try a whimper.
Try a whine.
Try feeling so very sorry for yourself.
Don't try to become another God yourself, DUMBASS!

You've never see the result of real tyranny I'll wager, and neither have your brothers you whine with being so put upon.

And Jesus Wept just for you!!

Last edited:
Whitmer is just as much responsible for this reaction. She's treated the people of her state like serfs on her manor and callously disregarded their concerns over her actions, even as going as far to mock them on national tv. That's not saying I approve of what is happening here, but she could have prevented this by not acting like an elitist queen whose job it is to rule over the land

What is this an attempted coup? How do these things operate in America? Can this Whitmer woman be FORCED out by the peoples? I have read the threads about her she is a dangerous individual and definately a Leftist Totalitarian, her measures are beyond extreme and many make no sense except to punish the peoples eg. making it illegal to buy seeds to grow their own foods.

She did more than that. After she banned seeds she discovered that people were buying flats of seedlings so she banned those then all gardening supplies to cover vegetables that had already been planted.

I didn't know it was that much warmer in Michigan than here. Nobody around here plants anything 'til Memorial Day. Ground is still way too cold. Even then we sometimes get a frost after.

See the people figure this out thru collective knowledge and experience. You can start seeds indoors or in a glass covered nursery.. People are pretty smart. The govt collectively is NOT that smart, or wise or creative..

The people who bought seeds awhile ago and are starting them themselves are lucky. The governor banned the sale of all seeds a few days ago.

Let's see that Emergency Order. You ignored my post, apparently. It never happened.

Here it is:

"

1. Close areas of the store—by cordoning them off, placing signs in aisles, posting prominent signs, removing goods from shelves, or other appropriate means—that are dedicated to the following classes of goods:

1. Carpet or flooring.

1. Furniture.

1. Garden centers and plant nurseries."

Again, read the thread. Garden centers are not the only place you can buy seeds.

Notice it also says plant nurseries? What about fertilizer?
And everyone needs to quit trying to make it about seeds. That was just an example someone used. Any gardening needs are being denied access to, such as fertilizer, which you can not order and have shipped. And the cost to ship soil or mulch? Please.
The gardening schedule published by the state of Michigan-
March
9 Prepare supply list for garden, including fertilizer, tools, transplants, materials for staking, and mulch.
9 Take a soil sample for a soil test as soon as it has thawed.
April
9 Prepare soil when it is dry enough. Take a handful of soil and squeeze. If the soil crumbles when you open your hand, it is ready for planting.
9 Fertilize based on soil test recommendations.
9 Plant cool season crops; onion, beets, lettuce, spinach, carrots and radishes.
9 Plant seeds of cool weather crops for the second and third times, approximately two weeks apart.
9 Thin seedlings of crops planted earlier to their proper spacing.
9 Harden off transplants by setting them outdoors during the day for seven to 14 days before you intend to plant them. Plants should be in shade and protected from wind for a few days during this process. Maintain soil moisture so transplants do not wilt.
9 Plant warm season seeds after the danger of frost is past (link to frost dates table), including cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and melons.
9 Plant the hardened-off transplants of peppers, tomatoes and eggplant.
9 Harvest early plantings of radishes, spinach and lettuce.
9 For succession plantings, plant warm season crops where cool season crops have been harvested.
9 Mulch around plants and in rows to keep soil moist and reduce soil compaction.
9 Monitor crops for insect and disease problems regularly. If you discover a problem, identify its source and take control measures if needed. Contact your local Extension office.
Continued on page 2

I'm sorry for the gardeners. I am. I always liked gardening when I was able to do it, and I know a lot of people have BIG gardens and grow a lot of vegetables that they can. Or sell.
This thing sucked in a lot of ways for a lot of people. High schoolers will have no graduation. Neither will most college students. Do you think THAT is not a huge disappointment to some of them that worked hard and were proud of their achievement? County fairs are already being cancelled. How many 4-H'ers have been raising their BESTEST damned pig or sheep to win a blue ribbon on? There are thousands of elderly who died alone without their loved ones beside them because of the restrictions. Women have had to give up their dream of a big wedding in a fancy dress--or postpone the wedding indefinitely. How many people had to cancel once-in-a-lifetime trips or give up celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary or spending two weeks with their first grandbaby?
IT SUCKS FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE. NOT JUST GARDENERS. No one is going to starve because of any of this. It is just heartbreaking but sometimes heartbreaking things happen.
Michigan is 3rd in the country with Covid cases and deaths; only NYC and NJ have more. The governor wanted everyone to stay home and she restricted everything she could think of, praying for those cases to go down.
Have they? I don't know. But the pics of the protesters yesterday, a lot weren't wearing masks. That wasn't smart! The governor has banned groups of ANY number and I suppose she could have sent in the riot police to send them packing, but she didn't. They had their say. I hope they don't end up sick.

Whitmer is just as much responsible for this reaction. She's treated the people of her state like serfs on her manor and callously disregarded their concerns over her actions, even as going as far to mock them on national tv. That's not saying I approve of what is happening here, but she could have prevented this by not acting like an elitist queen whose job it is to rule over the land

You're disingenuous. It's Americans trying to take their lives back from a democrat dictator, and they have every right to!

Sorry, but I don't agree.

They take them back at the ballot box. Not like this.

This is why the 2nd was instituted.
I dont think the intent is to start a shooting war,just a reminder that we the people have the power.

Read Heller, Scalia's comment on bringing guns to Government Buildings.

Is this what you meant?
“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

The Court provided examples of laws it considered “presumptively lawful,” including those which:

• Prohibit firearm possession by felons and the mentally ill.
  • Forbid firearm possession in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings.
  • Impose conditions on the commercial sale of firearms.
The Heller decision is 157 pages long. I was not about to read the whole thing looking for his comment.

Characterizing my post to another as a logical fallacy when, INDEED, a significant possibility exists when opposing factions confront each other with the stupidity quotient running high from the knuckle dragging, penis envying, low IQ idiots looking for sport and displays of daring do! Do study up some on fallacies though!

My crude rhetoric? What complaint do you have of my prose directly above, ya bloody wanker?

governor's attention?

Founding fathers had to toss English tea into Boston harbor. Whitmer should be bright enough to think, hey, wait a minute! Why are these people so pissed off. But she isn't up to that.
So you stoop to lying and purposeful misrepresentation now...pitiful coward's dodge!

I never came even close to contending an, "OK Corral shoot out was likely to break out on the steps of the Michigan state house." I stand by what I wrote, your faulty and petty "interpretations" notwithstanding!
governor's attention?
Funny me! 56 years ago I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. The odd thing is there was no expiration date on that oath! The point is that the thought of taking up arms against a State or the Federal government would require me to violate that oath. You obviously have conflicted loyalties given you side with the Michigander Thugs rather than the Rule of LAW! It must suck to live in your skin!

There are lawful means to resolve grievances

They, of course, get squashed like all criminals.

Ain't no way around it, so let's not sugarcoat. These idiots are there to intimidate and terrorize. Hard Stop

27860720-8275171-A_militia_group_with_no_political_affiliation_stands_in_front_of-a-115_1588283688687.jpg

27855052-8275171-Protesters_tried_to_enter_the_Michigan_House_of_Representatives_-a-111_1588283688548.jpg
Agreed....and we should never ever negotiate with terrorists.
Everywhere government shows up, they are always armed..... why don't folks like you ever call them out for trying to terrorize and intimidate?

Statist hypocrite.
And THIS is IM2's signature:

1376782146-quote-Malcolm-X-if-you-have-a-dog-i-must-244385.png

Lots of racial bias behind a LARGE number of early gun control... And even into the 90's with the misguided "Saturday Night Specials" bans...
Oh, I agree. Reagan was one of the worst offenders.

Funny me! 56 years ago I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. The odd thing is there was no expiration date on that oath! The point is that the thought of taking up arms against a State or the Federal government would require me to violate that oath.

If the state or federal government is illegally seizing power that does not belong to it, and violating the Constitutional rights of those whom they are supposed to serve, then yoru oath obligates to to oppose them, to take up arms against them, if necessary.

Your oath is, after all to uphold the Constitution, and not to protect those who violate it.

Thugs rather than the Rule of LAW! It must suck to live in your skin!

It's always funny to see subhuman filth pay empty lip service to the rule of law, while openly taking the side of those who pervert and violate it.

You're disingenuous. It's Americans trying to take their lives back from a democrat dictator, and they have every right to!

Sorry, but I don't agree.

They take them back at the ballot box. Not like this.

This is why the 2nd was instituted.
I dont think the intent is to start a shooting war,just a reminder that we the people have the power.

Read Heller, Scalia's comment on bringing guns to Government Buildings.

Is this what you meant?
“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

The Court provided examples of laws it considered “presumptively lawful,” including those which:

• Forbid firearm possession in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings.
The Heller decision is 157 pages long. I was not about to read the whole thing looking for his comment.

That will be voided very soon, to many good judges now

If any of them die it would be like the Minuteman at Lexington and Concord.

Ah the dangers of the deluded and mistaken historical analogy.

This virus is not the British Empire, it is a global threat to all of humanity and civilisation itself, as such maybe America's response during World War Two is more apt.

Mass drafts to fight, whether you liked it or not, industry conscripted by the government for war production, many economic controls put on private companies by government, calls for everyone to put their selfish self interest aside for a time and think of the country as a whole.

But they were the Greatest Generation of Americans.

Your generation are not.

You are paranoid, angry, have an every failing standard of living even prior to the virus storm (medium incomes have been falling in real terms for decades) a dysfunctional health care system, the most expensive in the world with the worst macro outcomes in the developed world, a chaotic social support system that does not offer the unemployed civilised or sane relief and your political system is divided, full of circus like performances and the joke of the democratic world now.

Oh and what you used to be able to do, win a war, you can no longer do.

Two failed wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

This sort of self indulgent anger in a pandemic, an America with the most amount of infections and highest amount of deaths does not astonish me, but it is sad to behold an every failing republic.

"it is a global threat to all of humanity and civilisation itself"

What hysterical horsecrap the above comment is. WTF?! Get a grip.

And yet the actual Second Amendment is very concise, and absolutely clear. It affirms that the people have a right, and forbids government from infringing this right. Period. I give no credence to a 152-page essay trying to make a case that government legitimately has an authority, that the one-sentence Second Amendment explicitly and absolutely denies.

As a general rule, cops tend to lose fights with aggressive attackers.
Not to ones that announce ahead of time they are going to show up in soldier drag.
Cops don't engage with large groups of armed Americans, and usually avoid them like the damn plague. They will call for overwhelming numbers of backup officers for the most trivial of things rather than risk anything like an equitable encounter. When they have to be there, they are very polite and not the least bit aggressive, because they realize they are easy meat for the rest of us, and the last thing they want is to piss us off.

Cops exist because we allow them too, and unlike politicians, they almost all understand this, even if they don't like to admit it, or even think about it.

Right. The police let them have their little dress up soldier tea party.

You DO realize the bloodbath that would have resulted had the police tried anything rash...right?

Or tried anything at all.

These armed protests seem to have exploded after some incidents with armed protests resulted in victories. See the Bundy standoff in Nevada.

An armed mob was successfully intimidated law enforcement from doing their job. No charges on any of them.
Good.

Because this is the alternative;
View attachment 330592

Fuck that.

Hey. I’m the kind of guy that thinks that police enforcing the law is a good thing. Apparently that’s not always a popular opinion.

You DO realize the bloodbath that would have resulted had the police tried anything rash...right?

These armed protests seem to have exploded after some incidents with armed protests resulted in victories. See the Bundy standoff in Nevada.

An armed mob was successfully intimidated law enforcement from doing their job. No charges on any of them.
Good.

View attachment 330592

Fuck that.

Hey. I’m the kind of guy that thinks that police enforcing the law is a good thing. Apparently that’s not always a popular opinion.
What laws were broken, scum?

Good.

View attachment 330592

Fuck that.

What laws were broken, scum?
Bundy was using public land for private use in violation of law.

As a general rule, cops tend to lose fights with aggressive attackers.
Not to ones that announce ahead of time they are going to show up in soldier drag.
Cops don't engage with large groups of armed Americans, and usually avoid them like the damn plague. They will call for overwhelming numbers of backup officers for the most trivial of things rather than risk anything like an equitable encounter. When they have to be there, they are very polite and not the least bit aggressive, because they realize they are easy meat for the rest of us, and the last thing they want is to piss us off.

Cops exist because we allow them too, and unlike politicians, they almost all understand this, even if they don't like to admit it, or even think about it.

I don’t think the boys at the capital were any threat. They were just there playing dress up for the most part. Like little boys playing GI Joe.

It’s okay to let them have their fun as long as they don’t get in the way of the adults.

At least the better among them, and probably most of them, recognize the true source of their authority, and their true duty. This is reflected in statements that we see, from time to time, from various law-enforcement agencies, where they come out and say that they will not enforce certain laws and orders, because those laws and orders are unconstitutional, and enforcing them would be a malfeasant violation of their duty to serve and protect the public against whom those laws and orders are enacted.

Last edited:

Ultimately, all government power derives from rights which belong to individuals, and which each individual would have the right to exercise directly, if there was no government to exercise it on his behalf.

I think law-enforcement officers, closest to where the law they are charged with upholding most directly interacts with the people affected thereby, are much more likely to understand this principle, if unconsciously, than those in positions of government more isolated from the direct effects of the policies that they produce.

A very good read on the subject, and not terribly long, is an article by Ezra Taft Benson, on The Proper Role of Government.

Good.

View attachment 330592

Fuck that.

There are good reasons why not.

Forum List

Back