Muslim files lawsuit against Dearborn Heights for making her remove headscarf

jake, i always offer evidence. you on the other hand....

everything you stated has zero to do with the heart of the argument, that is, why can't a female take the photo? all you did was regurgitate the facts as they stand. there really is no argument that you made. removal of the scarf does not maintain law and order, it is solely for identification purposes. removing her scarf isn't going to make her follow the law in the future. your comments are patently absurd and show your lack of knowledge in this area.

jake, the issue is quite simple: females can request and get a female to conduct a strip search. this is for modesty and is the law. for her, the scarf is a modesty issue. can you explain to me WHY her request for a female to take the photo is unreasonable.

thanks.
Nope, you don't get "just once more" on the failed meme you offer evidence every time. You don't. In this case, I disagree with you. The LEO disagrees with you. You argue the scarf is a modestly issue, and the LEO says no.

We will leave it to the courts, then.

can't say i'm not surprised you failed to give your argument. you never do. you always pull this "just once more" crap everytime you get cornered.

meh....i tried to have a civil debate with you and you of course pull your usual....run away.....you even admit i made a good argument, and then when you couldn't counter it, you merely ad hom.

it is who you are jake. you don't debate, you troll and insult. at least you finally admit i back my stuff up. you don't.

Yurt admits that he cannot support his claim. He tries to frame a set up on civil debate and fails. I am glad for once he at least pretend to try to argue with facts and analysis.

You are the one who trolled and insulted. Every time you try to argue with me personally you lose, every time. Let's see if you yell "prove it", your answer for every time you are called out.
:)

i don't get it. i responded to each and every one of your questions and points raised.

and this is your response? ok. you win jake. you always do.

jake, i always offer evidence. you on the other hand....

everything you stated has zero to do with the heart of the argument, that is, why can't a female take the photo? all you did was regurgitate the facts as they stand. there really is no argument that you made. removal of the scarf does not maintain law and order, it is solely for identification purposes. removing her scarf isn't going to make her follow the law in the future. your comments are patently absurd and show your lack of knowledge in this area.

jake, the issue is quite simple: females can request and get a female to conduct a strip search. this is for modesty and is the law. for her, the scarf is a modesty issue. can you explain to me WHY her request for a female to take the photo is unreasonable.

thanks.
Nope, you don't get "just once more" on the failed meme you offer evidence every time. You don't. In this case, I disagree with you. The LEO disagrees with you. You argue the scarf is a modestly issue, and the LEO says no.

We will leave it to the courts, then.

can't say i'm not surprised you failed to give your argument. you never do. you always pull this "just once more" crap everytime you get cornered.

meh....i tried to have a civil debate with you and you of course pull your usual....run away.....you even admit i made a good argument, and then when you couldn't counter it, you merely ad hom.

it is who you are jake. you don't debate, you troll and insult. at least you finally admit i back my stuff up. you don't.

Yurt admits that he cannot support his claim. He tries to frame a set up on civil debate and fails. I am glad for once he at least pretend to try to argue with facts and analysis.

You are the one who trolled and insulted. Every time you try to argue with me personally you lose, every time. Let's see if you yell "prove it", your answer for every time you are called out.
:)

i trolled and insulted you? really? can you cite that to verify your claim? because iirc, you insulted me before even responding to my points.

and of course, you always declare yourself the winner. ok jake, you win. you always do.

:) You don't "just once more." I am glad you realize that.

But be polite as you were in the beginning of this thread, and I will do the same from now on, provided you are not framing yourself for a fall again.

:) You don't "just once more." I am glad you realize that.

But be polite as you were in the beginning of this thread, and I will do the same from now on, provided you are not framing yourself for a fall again.

good lord jake. i have been polite this whole time. you are the one who insulted me before you began the debate.

and then of course, once the debate didn't go your way, you proclaim yourself the winner and give your boring "you don't get a once more".

please. i made my argument, you admitted i did, and then you NEVER gave your argument, DESPITE saying you would.

whatever jake.

She should be glad it was only her head gear. They could have demanded she remove the exploding vest, too.

Because, you know, Muslims have every intention of assimilating into America, it's laws culture and traditions.

Muslim woman says police made her remove Islamic scarf

A Muslim woman filed a lawsuit Thursday accusing Dearborn Heights police of violating her constitutional rights by making her remove her Islamic headscarf after they arrested her for driving on a suspended license.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Detroit, asks for Dearborn Heights to “modify its current policy” so that Muslim women can wear Islamic headscarves during booking procedures.

Malak Kazan of Dearborn Heights was pulled over by police in July on a traffic violation and then taken into custody on a traffic misdemeanor because of her suspended license, according to the lawsuit. The male police officer then asked Kazan to remove her headscarf to take her booking photo, which usually requires no head coverings or hats.

Kazan objected, saying her Islamic faith required her to cover her hair and neck in the presence of men who are not part of her immediate family, the lawsuit said.

For Kazan, “wearing a headscarf is a reminder of her faith, the importance of modesty in her religion ... as well as a symbol of her own control over who may see the more intimate parts of her body,” the lawsuit said. “To have her hair and neck uncovered in public ... is ... deeply humiliating, violating, and defiling experience.”

Kazan said she asked to have a female officer take her photo, which he refused to do, said the lawsuit. The officer talked to a supervisor, who told him to proceed as usual.

The lawsuit says that wearing hijab is rooted in Islam, “based on...the Koran, the primary holy book of the Muslim religion; the hadith, oral traditions coming from the era of the Prophet Mohamed. ... The word hijab comes from the Arabic word ‘hajaba,’ which means to hide or screen from view or to cover.”

The lawsuit was filed against the city of Dearborn Heights, its police department and police chief, saying that Kazan’s constitutional rights to free expression of religion were violated. It claims the First, Fourth and 14th amendments were violated.

MORE: A Muslim woman sues Dearborn Heights police for removing her Islamic headscarf after arrest

Would they have done that to a Catholic nun?
If they had, would you have been angry?
Yes, I think they would have treated a nun the same way. I'd be angry if they didn't. Everyone should be treated the same way. I don't think this woman was treated badly or incorrectly. She doesn't have a legal claim here. And I know ten times more about Muslim women than any of you.

Last edited:
And I know ten times more about Muslim women than any of youl.

I've had sex with Muslim women. Have you?
More than one? You aren't a very good Muslim then. Other than your wife, were the others prostitutes?

I've lived with, worked with, traveled with, been best friends with, and had as clients and neighbors Muslim women. Even my hairdresser for 2 years was a Muslim woman.

Yes, how dare they follow their faith! Silly Muslims, don't you know America is for Christians?

And If you get booked they will make you take your hat off. So what, until we are under shariah law, they still have follow police proceedure.

"Because, you know, Muslims have every intention of assimilating into America, it's laws culture and traditions."

This is unsurprisingly ignorant and ridiculous.

To 'assimilate' does not mean one must abandon all aspects of one's traditions, religion, or culture.

I disagree. They/we have freedom to practice faith without prejudice. That doesn't mean that every vestment and accoutrement or act is also protected. If your religion calls for wearing a garment that could hide a bomb, or you want to conduct animal sacrifices, or if you want to smoke Peyote, the government has a right to outlaw that in the interests of the population. In the case of the Peyote I disagreed with it and thought it was an infringement on sovereign Native rights, but they did it and it was ruled legal.

“The lawsuit was filed against the city of Dearborn Heights, its police department and police chief, saying that Kazan’s constitutional rights to free expression of religion were violated. It claims the First, Fourth and 14th amendments were violated.”

Very much so.

Again I disagree. The only reason her headscarf is getting more scrutiny is because of the Patriot Act. The only reason we have the Patriot Act is because the people who make their women wear headscarves murdered 3000 innocent people. And now we're supposed to make special allowances for them?

Fuck that.

Yes, how dare they follow their faith! Silly Muslims, don't you know America is for Christians?

And If you get booked they will make you take your hat off. So what, until we are under shariah law, they still have follow police proceedure.
I agree. That was the example I was thinking of. The cops would damn sure make me remove my baseball cap or my fedora if I was under arrest.

And I know ten times more about Muslim women than any of youl.

I've had sex with Muslim women. Have you?
Aside from the fact that a good Muslim man only sleeps with his wife, or wives as the case may be (I doubt Fred has enough money to support more than one wife), the fact is that a woman's friends tend to know more about her than the man she sleeps with does. Men often don't care what's going on inside the head and heart of a woman; they are primarilly interested is her physical being--what she looks like, if she is sexy, if she's good to bed, etc.

Murdering viable living children is a "strawman" to you, freak? You remind us once again your mind belongs in a compost pit.

Had this topic been about "murdering viable living children" then no. But it's about a muslim woman and her headscarf. So yes, abortion is, by definition, a strawman in this thread.

Do you know what a strawman is?

Because, you know, Muslims have every intention of assimilating into America, it's laws culture and traditions.

Muslim woman says police made her remove Islamic scarf

A Muslim woman filed a lawsuit Thursday accusing Dearborn Heights police of violating her constitutional rights by making her remove her Islamic headscarf after they arrested her for driving on a suspended license.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Detroit, asks for Dearborn Heights to “modify its current policy” so that Muslim women can wear Islamic headscarves during booking procedures.

Malak Kazan of Dearborn Heights was pulled over by police in July on a traffic violation and then taken into custody on a traffic misdemeanor because of her suspended license, according to the lawsuit. The male police officer then asked Kazan to remove her headscarf to take her booking photo, which usually requires no head coverings or hats.

Kazan objected, saying her Islamic faith required her to cover her hair and neck in the presence of men who are not part of her immediate family, the lawsuit said.

For Kazan, “wearing a headscarf is a reminder of her faith, the importance of modesty in her religion ... as well as a symbol of her own control over who may see the more intimate parts of her body,” the lawsuit said. “To have her hair and neck uncovered in public ... is ... deeply humiliating, violating, and defiling experience.”

Kazan said she asked to have a female officer take her photo, which he refused to do, said the lawsuit. The officer talked to a supervisor, who told him to proceed as usual.

The lawsuit says that wearing hijab is rooted in Islam, “based on...the Koran, the primary holy book of the Muslim religion; the hadith, oral traditions coming from the era of the Prophet Mohamed. ... The word hijab comes from the Arabic word ‘hajaba,’ which means to hide or screen from view or to cover.”

The lawsuit was filed against the city of Dearborn Heights, its police department and police chief, saying that Kazan’s constitutional rights to free expression of religion were violated. It claims the First, Fourth and 14th amendments were violated.

MORE: A Muslim woman sues Dearborn Heights police for removing her Islamic headscarf after arrest

Would they have done that to a Catholic nun?
If they had, would you have been angry?

No.

I gather this woman never walks into a bank. Most banks make you remove sunglasses and hats when you enter.

pro tip: banks are not the government

Well, they are FDIC insured so gov't rules and regs do apply. I'm just not sure about any kind of rules like that. I'm pretty sure they only have to do with lending requirements.
I've never been asked to remove sunglasses, hats or headscarves in a bank. In general, where men might be asked to remove hats, women aren't.

Last edited:
the law suit is asking them to change their policy so they don't have to remove what's covering their head and face when the policy requires an identifying picture as part of the process... this suit should get scoffed at imo

The lawsuit, filed Thursday in federal court here, asks for the Dearborn Heights, Mich., Police Department to modify its present policy so a Muslim woman can wear her hijab during booking procedures.

The male police officer asked Kazan to remove her headscarf to take her booking photo, which usually requires no head coverings or hats.

Woman ordered to remove hijab files suit against police

Forum List

Back