My Apologies to Any Gays I have offended

What are you even talking about?

I am talking about the use of shaming to silence people. Ie calling them racists for opposing various policies instead of just debating the major points of contention.

No, sometimes people just need to be called out for their bigoted out dated way of thinking.
You are making a false assumption by saying I'm bigoted, solely because I said the gay activists were being unnecessarily provocative.

My wife goes to the gay pride parade every year, here in Texas. I don't have a problem with the parade. I don't even have a personal problem with the parade being held on Father's Day. I just made an observation that in my opinion, it was a provocative move, and probably intentionally so.

I don't hate, or even dislike gay people. Although I do tend to lump most Liberals together (because of years of observation and an admitted personal bias against them), I almost always judge people's behavior as individuals.

I'm open to being wrong. You pointed out that the parade is always held in June, and then whoever the other one was that jumped all over me said it was just a complete coincidence that the parade fell on Father's day. I don't believe that to be true, but, I do recognize that it's possible.

I wouldn't even be interested enough to come back to this thread--as it's not a subject I care about all that much--but, it's that I was subjected to the same abuse that so many other Conservative thinkers are, simply for voicing an opposing view.

I feel sorry for Senator Elbert Guillory. He is going to be called everything from a racist, to a bigot, a sexist, an "Uncle Tom," you name it... simply for having the audacity to abandon Liberals and join the Conservative party. The Liberal tactic is old hat--it's disingenuous, vicious, and almost always involves a "gang up on him" scenario. This thread is just a slice of life in today's shitty, PC culture.

Last edited:
I am talking about the use of shaming to silence people. Ie calling them racists for opposing various policies instead of just debating the major points of contention.

No, sometimes people just need to be called out for their bigoted out dated way of thinking.
You are making a false assumption by saying I'm bigoted, solely because I said the gay activists were being unnecessarily provocative.

My wife goes to the gay pride parade every year, here in Texas. I don't have a problem with the parade. I don't even have a personal problem with the parade being held on Father's Day. I just made an observation that in my opinion, it was a provocative move, and probably intentionally so.

I don't hate, or even dislike gay people. Although I do tend to lump most Liberals together (because of years of observation and an admitted personal bias against them), I almost always judge people's behavior as individuals.

I'm open to being wrong. You pointed out that the parade is always held in June, and then whoever the other one was that jumped all over me said it was just a complete coincidence that the parade fell on Father's day. I don't believe that to be true, but, I do recognize that it's possible.

I wouldn't even be interested enough to come back to this thread--as it's not a subject I care about all that much--but, it's that I was subjected to the same abuse that so many other Conservative thinkers are, simply for voicing an opposing view.

I feel sorry for Senator Elbert Guillory. He is going to be called everything from a racist, to a bigot, a sexist, an "Uncle Tom," you name it... simply for having the audacity to abandon Liberals and join the Conservative party. The Liberal tactic is old hat--it's disingenuous, vicious, and almost always involves a "gang up on him" scenario. This thread is just a slice of life in today's shitty, PC culture.

Yes, the left today has abandoned trying to win by use of facts and reason and now resort to shout downs and shaming their opposition. Humphrey, JFK, Russell, Galbraith and all the other classic liberals are probably rolling in their graves.

I have had gay friends since way back in the 60s in Texas when it definitely wasn't cool, and most of my life a month didn't go by that someone failed to suggest I must be fond of gay people for a reason. But now that I favor only civil unions and oppose gay marriage, well now I am just a hateful bigot.

The left has not only abandoned reason, they have gone insane.

I am being serious, not sarcastic or anything other than sincere. I am expecting few to accept my apology, but here it is anyway. Don't know how much difference this might make to anyone, but I have been wrong and I am going to try and set things right to some degree.

I've known some gays since high school back in 73. I knew some in different colleges I have attended, and one in the Army. The dude in the Army was actually bisexual, but that wouldn't have made any difference to the guys in the barracks as they would have given him a blanket party regardless of whether he liked girls as well as guys or not. I never repeated what these guys told me or what I saw in their personal life; I don't betray friends, never have.

But I had this dream last night that was really weird. My friend from the Army was at this place I had seen him at more than few times, and I was surprised to see him, and went to shake his hand, but he pulled away asking me how I could use such language. I kept asking what language was he talking about but he kept repeating himself till I woke up in a cold sweat. I wasn't putting the things together because this friend used all kinds of cuss words to include every group under the sun. So it seemed confusing.

I try to not offend people that are morally neutral to me or better. It is a courtesy. I don't use the N-bomb or the F-bomb if someone asks me not to or I think someone will be offended. I almost never say the N-bomb and have never directed it at anyone personally, just used it in an etymological sense; about the word itself, taboos about it, etc.

But after I was on my way to work, it finally hit me that my use of gay related terms and phrases is like using the N/F-bombs around those that might be offended, and I know that makes me pretty insensitive, but I have heard these words used as universal insults all my life and I just had not connected the dots to realize that I might be offending third parties by my language.

So, I apologize if I have offended anyone other than the libtards I was targeting.

I am not going to use such terms again on these boards or any others if I can remember to. I do not hate gay people, but I have had a blind spot on this and I will stop this, I promise.

To be frank I still believe that any sexual relations outside of heterosexual marriage is sinful, whether its gay sex, masturbation, premarital sex, or whatever. I will never support gay marriage. But I think it wrong to offend neutral/friendly third parties and I cant move on without doing this.

God bless any of you that I have offended and please forgive me.

It is never good to hurt people for the fun of it. At the same time there is nothing wrong with realizing that there are healthy godly righteous behavior patterns, and there are unhealthy and clearly ungodly patterns of behavior. Both have there own "father" of origin. The term "love the sinner but hate the sin," can be viewed by some as hateful. I simply realize that some people are going to feel uncomfortable no matter what one says, if it means there is disagreement. So, I understand your feelings but do not confuse what you may know to be right, with poking fun at people's issues.

Compare the unreasoning hatred of #165 to #166 the reasoned disagreement. The first is merely reflecting the poster's self-loathing, the second the poster's personal understanding of his or her god.

Last edited:

Yes, the left today has abandoned trying to win by use of facts and reason and now resort to shout downs and shaming their opposition. Humphrey, JFK, Russell, Galbraith and all the other classic liberals are probably rolling in their graves.

I have had gay friends since way back in the 60s in Texas when it definitely wasn't cool, and most of my life a month didn't go by that someone failed to suggest I must be fond of gay people for a reason. But now that I favor only civil unions and oppose gay marriage, well now I am just a hateful bigot.

Have you read your posts in here, jimmy? We don't have to make anything up, your words speak for themselves.
Humpry's and JFK? You are calling JFK a classic liberal compared to liberals today? Yeah, you really have no clue do you?

The sad part is, you guys don't even realize how hateful your words are. Do you think a gay person would get a warm feeling reading your original post about the Pride Day being on Father's Day? I will give you clue, it was a hateful post, the actions of someone else does not make up for that.

I am a non believer and I think all you fags and lesbos are going straight to hell.:clap2:

Last edited:

But to continue... Shaming the opposition? You mean like calling them libtards, bringing up my mod status, how about calling the President a Muslim, or liberals Communist.
How about claiming gays are being provocative and wrong for holding their event on Father's Day, or why they are wrong due to Bible quotes.
Yeah, we aren't the ones shaming people. We are just calling you and other's who shame people for not following your beliefs out for what you are.
Get a clue dude. And I highly doubt you have ever had a gay friend. If you did you wouldn't have ever posted the OP.

The moral Truths of the Bible are as true today as they were 3000 years ago.

People of the same sex fucking each other is an unnatural act and a perversion of the bodies reproductive system. Any nation that embraces such behavior is committing demographic suicide.

Nonsense, as if God gave a shit if someone wanked their weenie or who they had sex with.

The unnatural relations between men that scripture denounces as sinful is the same kind of unnatural relations that you have with those perverse bible thumping men who gang raped your mind into uselessness in the darkness of a back room bible study after you lifted your skirt and went buns up for their perverted teachings about Jesus, salvation, and triune perjuries in the name of God.... sweet cheeks.

By condemning other people for having unnatural relations with men in your eyes, you are actually condemning yourself for having unnatural relations with men in the eyes of God.

All the hate that you have been giving, has all been meant for you.......

Last edited:
I just repped Hob for an incredible demonstration of vituperative and hatred. What an idiot.

You get the pos for the creativity of your self loathing.

You get the neg because you are fucking idiot.

Last edited:

The moral Truths of the Bible are as true today as they were 3000 years ago.

People of the same sex fucking each other is an unnatural act and a perversion of the bodies reproductive system. Any nation that embraces such behavior is committing demographic suicide.

I will just keep quoting this, so there isn't any question about your true opinion.

But to continue... Shaming the opposition? You mean like calling them libtards, bringing up my mod status, how about calling the President a Muslim, or liberals Communist.
How about claiming gays are being provocative and wrong for holding their event on Father's Day, or why they are wrong due to Bible quotes.
Yeah, we aren't the ones shaming people. We are just calling you and other's who shame people for not following your beliefs out for what you are.
Get a clue dude. And I highly doubt you have ever had a gay friend. If you did you wouldn't have ever posted the OP.

As I said, I am not going to debate this with a moderator.

Say what ever you want, I don't care.

Forum List

Back