My Fellow Americans

The process can begin. Approval is not guaranteed, and any family who has been in the US illegally during those 18 years will be denied.

There is no such thing as an "anchor baby."
I'm talking about kids that are naturalized citizens by virtue of being born here being the 'anchor' that brings their family in. That anchor chain stretches back to their parent's homeland.

I posted the article.

The one that said 77% of immigrants are in the US legally?

The one that said "In fiscal year 2019, about 800,000 immigrants applied for naturalization. The number of naturalization applications has climbed in recent years"?

And the one that said "Generally, most immigrants eligible for naturalization apply to become citizens."?

"New immigrant arrivals have fallen, mainly due to a decrease in the number of unauthorized immigrants coming to the U.S. The drop in the unauthorized immigrant population can primarily be attributed to more Mexican immigrants leaving the U.S. than coming in. "

"...immigrants were just as likely as the U.S. born to have a bachelor’s degree or more (32% and 33%, respectively)."

"Immigrants are projected to drive future growth in the U.S. working-age population through at least 2035. As the Baby Boom generation heads into retirement, immigrants and their children are expected to offset a decline in the working-age population by adding about 18 million people of working age between 2015 and 2035."

"While immigration has been at the forefront of a national political debate, the U.S. public holds a range of views about immigrants living in the country. Overall, a majority of Americans have positive views about immigrants. About two-thirds of Americans (66%) say immigrants strengthen the country “because of their hard work and talents,”"

Last edited:
I'm talking about kids that are naturalized citizens by virtue of being born here being the 'anchor' that brings their family in. That anchor chain stretches back to their parent's homeland.

"Natural born citizens," and 20 years is not a "chain," its a generation.

Forum List

Back