My insurance denied my surgery

I have had surgeons all say it’s the only way to improve. United HC said I don’t need it lol
They said my MRI does not warrant it

Now I can either get an attorney or pay cash .
Cash could be 40-100,000 for operation

Totally outrageous
Welcome to socialized medicine.......the death panels that Sarah Palin spoke of that the left poo-pooed

I have had surgeons all say it’s the only way to improve. United HC said I don’t need it lol

Totally outrageous
/----/ Keep fighting it. Ask your doctors to resubmit. The insurance company is counting on you to give up and go away. Best of luck.

What is suggested as an alternative to surgery? Surgery is usually the last thing that people would want to try for most conditions.

Totally outrageous

Penile enlargement surgery is not considered necessary. But I understand your situation. I am unable to relate, but I do understand and sympathize.

Last edited:
Someone break it to mud that UnitedHC is a private insurance company.

That is, it's a free market death panel. And mud fights to keep free market death panels as the only option.
I'm sure they'll grant your sex-change surgery tho

UnitedHealthcare is MEDICARE, YOU FUCKING MORON!!!

I have Medicare, but my provider is Humana, which works with Medicare to provide coverage and services.

UnitedHealthcare does the same thing.

Totally outrageous
Nobody really needs to have their brain removed.

My doctor just did a peer to peer and still refused . My MRI is brutal looking but they say its ok
A friend with lupus just recently had the special treatment she gets (akin to chemo for cancer) disapproved by her insurance company because there is another (far less expensive drug) on the market which they claim is just as useful.

It really isn’t. The insurance company determination also failed to take into account that it can’t be administered to her in the manner she really requires. So, she had a lawyer friend of hers (not me) write to the insurance company On her behalf as well as a detailed 12 page medical opinion from her doctor. (The company had previously ignored the doctor’s letter.)

I think the lawyer’s letter worked. The insurance company caved. Insurance companies tend not to like the prospect of having the State Insurance Commissioner looking over their shoulders. They may hate that more than even a genuine threat of being sued.

Forum List

Back