My paycheck was larger!

This great news for Americans is bad news for Communists/Democrats. They need more folks in poverty and solely dependent on Government. This thwarts their agenda a bit. Good on Trump. :thup:

My take-home pay was larger today...thanks to the tax cuts.

Now according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median wage for workers in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2016 was $849 per week or $44,148 per year for a 40-hour work week.

In July, 102.6 million people (71% of all nonfarm payroll employees) worked in private service-providing industries, according to the most recent employment report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Sep 1, 2016

So if every one of the 102 million increase of just $100/month that would be over $10.2 billion a month or nearly $122.4 Billion a year increase in take home pay.

'Multiplier Effect'
Now the multiplier effect comes in to play.
http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/research/webpapers/paper_13143.pdf
"Every $1 million spent is multiplied by 1.18 or $50 billion spent by employees: $60 billion back into the GDP.
So taking that figure of 1.18 times that means the $122.4 billion in additional paychecks spent back into the economy of $144.4 Billion. That means more tax revenue for federal/state and local governments.

The "rising tide lifts all boats" works!
/----/ democRATS say anyone who takes home a bigger paycheck is a racist (except democRAT members of congress.)
True. They always find the money to give themselves raises..but not the military. Go figure.

My paycheck might be a bit larger, but that won't even begin to match the two merit raises I received last year. I guess you fellows just need the government to give you money.

To conservatives, It’s our money that we work to earn and we let the government have some of it to make sure we are not invaded and that the trains run on time.

To Progs, it’s the government’s money that you work for and the benevolent dictators let you keep some of it for personal use, but the rest must go to those who have less money than you so those people will vote Democrat.

My paycheck might be a bit larger, but that won't even begin to match the two merit raises I received last year. I guess you fellows just need the government to give you money.

Allowing you to take more of your own money home, isn't 'Government giving you money.' It's about Government not stealing as much of your income.

Expressing such a warped mentality, has given you away as being a brainwashed Communist/Democrat dupe.

We were just told we will be getting 2 raises this year. One to compete with the market. One for merit. This comes after three years with a pay increase freeze in place thanks to Obama and his bullshit ACA.

Now according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median wage for workers in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2016 was $849 per week or $44,148 per year for a 40-hour work week.

In July, 102.6 million people (71% of all nonfarm payroll employees) worked in private service-providing industries, according to the most recent employment report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Sep 1, 2016

So if every one of the 102 million increase of just $100/month that would be over $10.2 billion a month or nearly $122.4 Billion a year increase in take home pay.

'Multiplier Effect'
"Every $1 million spent is multiplied by 1.18 or $50 billion spent by employees: $60 billion back into the GDP.
So taking that figure of 1.18 times that means the $122.4 billion in additional paychecks spent back into the economy of $144.4 Billion. That means more tax revenue for federal/state and local governments.

You borrowed that money in your paycheck from the Chinese. will you be paying it back?

OH as far as "borrowing" from the Chinese!
FACTS dummy!

A) The U.S. debt to China is $1.2 trillion as of November 2017
B) But currently, the People’s Republic of China owes a debt of over $750 billion to American citizens who are holding these full faith and credit sovereign bonds (many of them denominated in gold) sold to them by the Republic of China. Worldwide, the debt China owes to all bondholders is estimated to be several trillion dollars. The debt owed to the American people should be paid. The U.S. government could dollar for dollar offset bond interest we owe China with interest, principal and penalties China owes us.
It's Time for China to Pay Its Debts to the United States
So here's the deal...
USA will pay China $450 billion of the $1.2 Trillion and will forgive the $750 billion China owes the USA.

'Multiplier Effect'

You borrowed that money in your paycheck from the Chinese. will you be paying it back?

Bullshit!
$1,084,840,000,000: Taxes Set Record Through January; $7,133 Per Worker
$1,084,840,000,000: Taxes Set Record Through January; $7,133 Per Worker; Feds Still Run Deficit of $156,939,000,000
You idiot! Where does that tax revenue come from?
A) Income taxes
B) SS taxes paid by the employer and employee!
C) Medicare taxes paid by the employer and employee!

Why are you idiots so dumb when it comes to understanding what being employed MEANS?
GEEZ more people employed means more tax revenue coming and and LESS welfare/unemployment payments going out! How stupid must you be not to
comprehend this simple formula!
More employed people creates more tax revenue and less outgo for welfare/unemployment benefits! That simple!

January is prior to the Trump tax cuts, genius.

To conservatives, It’s our money that we work to earn and we let the government have some of it to make sure we are not invaded and that the trains run on time.

To Progs, it’s the government’s money that you work for and the benevolent dictators let you keep some of it for personal use, but the rest must go to those who have less money than you so those people will vote Democrat.

Uh, Republicans vote for the spending that YOU owe in taxes.

'Multiplier Effect'

/-----/ Libs say no tax cuts unless they are paid for. So when will California cut taxes?
California is collecting so much of your money it can’t save it all
California’s swelling budget reserves are approaching a point where the state by law can’t save any more money ‑ but don’t expect a tax rebate.

The state is quickly filling up its so-called rainy day fund, the budget stabilization account voters created in 2014 when they passed an initiative that forced lawmakers to save money in flush years. Gov. Jerry Brown’s budget proposal puts the state on pace to fill it with $13.5 billion by July 1, 2019, but the milestone could come even sooner.

And more to give away.

'Multiplier Effect'

Your paycheck was larger but Trumps was larger still..

'Multiplier Effect'

unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed, uses virtually the same equation to achieve a multiplier effect. only the right wing, never gets it; not even on Tuesdays.

Excuse me! Where do you think the unemployment money that is paid to an unemployed comes from?

Unemployment compensation comes from unemployment TAX dollars paid in by employers!

It's not some magic money pulled out of someone's pocket!
It is NOT a valid use of the multiplier effect because THERE was never any labor i.e. employment involved.
NO federal taxes paid. No FICA withheld payments by employee and employer...(which I assume you are unaware that the employer ALSO pays the same amount as the employee?)!

Geez you don't have ANY idea do you as to how taxes, businesses, employers work!
Do you believe in the multiplier effect for tax cuts? Yes or no.

'Multiplier Effect'

/-----/ Libs say no tax cuts unless they are paid for. So when will California cut taxes?
California’s swelling budget reserves are approaching a point where the state by law can’t save any more money ‑ but don’t expect a tax rebate.

The state is quickly filling up its so-called rainy day fund, the budget stabilization account voters created in 2014 when they passed an initiative that forced lawmakers to save money in flush years. Gov. Jerry Brown’s budget proposal puts the state on pace to fill it with $13.5 billion by July 1, 2019, but the milestone could come even sooner.
I do believe he is not running again so he's not in the blast radius from the implosion....

My retirement take home pay is going up by about $300/mo because of the tax decrease. I will be spending the money that I earned in the productive economy for the things I want instead of giving it to some stupid bureaucrat, whose boss is a corrupt politician, elected by special interest groups, to give away to somebody that didn't earn the money. God bless Trump!

'Multiplier Effect'

The GOP has added over a trillion dollars to the national credit card since taking control of the purse strings, and you think we should be making lower payments on it.

Is it any wonder I call you people retards?

All Trump has done is transfer an additional $1.5 trillion of debt to our unborn descendants.

By the way, you better save as much of that extra couple dollars in your paychecks as you can. You are going to need to it to pay for the explosive growth in TrumpCare costs.

Retard.

My retirement take home pay is going up by about $300/mo because of the tax decrease. I will be spending the money that I earned in the productive economy for the things I want instead of giving it to some stupid bureaucrat, whose boss is a corrupt politician, elected by special interest groups, to give away to somebody that didn't earn the money. God bless Trump!

Spot On. I trust Citizens to spend their money far more responsibly than Government will. I mean, they've only spent us into a $21 Trillion Debt hell. Why toss more of your hard earned money into that dark Government Black Hole? That wouldn't be wise or logical.

Racist.

It's funny, really.

When Obama spent a trillion dollars on a stimulus package, the pseudocons whined and wailed about how that was bad for the economy and would not work.

Part of that stimulus resulted in bigger paychecks due to lowering payroll taxes. Did the pseudocons thank Obama and start topics praising him?

OH HELL NO!

Trump spends a trillion and a half dollars on stimulus, and he's a hero to the very same pseudocon tards.

I guess that extra half a trillion dollars of debt makes all the difference!

Spot On. I trust Citizens to spend their money far more responsibly than Government will. I mean, they've only spent us into a $21 Trillion Debt hell. Why toss more of your hard earned money into that dark Government Black Hole? That wouldn't be wise or logical.

Well we know the stupid politician weren't very fiscally responsible with the tax money we gave them, don't we? Not only did they waste a ton of what we gave them but the sorry bastards spent more than we gave them. How dumb was that? Especially knowing that the bloated Federal government spend more money each year than the GDP of all but three other countries on earth.

Forum List

Back