NAACP considers resolution decrying racist elements in tea-party movement

Oh...now you hypocritically decide it's time to seperate the government from the people. The government IS the people and when you adhere to such lunatic ideas as the Birfer Conspiracy, telling the elected (by CITIZENS) president to go back to Kenya....or utter such slogans as:
Speak for Yourself Obama! We ARE a Christian Nation!
Beware Obama's Hitler Youth
Hitler Gave Good Speeches, Too

...then yes, my dear, you ARE speaking out against the CITIZENS.

OH so now you decide include the people in the government. your doublespeak is funny.

Nope. I never excluded them. Nice deflection.

no yours was a nice "attempt at deflection" you just got called on it.

In otherwords, you can supply no actual evidence to support your allegation beyond a name that was coined a century ago and is about as accurate as the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea?

Should I remind you to wipe the brown stuff out of your eyes again?

Hey get your head out of Obama's ass and look around.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-F2khQudUo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - NAACPPressConference.mov[/ame]

Notice the placard underneath the speaker.

Cool. You FINALLY provided evidence of one racist in NAACP.:clap2:

Now, lets get to the "which is roughly every damn one of them" part of your claim.

With something like 300,000 members....we just need to account for 150,000 more racists to even begin to meet your claim.

How many racist have you identified in the Tea Party movement? I haven't seen any and you haven't produced any evidence of any.

Fact is the NAACP thrives on racism, that's their bread and butter.

Below are two of the signs the NAACP has on its page announcing Tea Party condemning resolution:
1279110628-hitler.jpg

1279110715-jews.jpg

Now explain the racist element in those signs.

Hey get your head out of Obama's ass and look around.

YouTube - NAACPPressConference.mov

Notice the placard underneath the speaker.

Now, lets get to the "which is roughly every damn one of them" part of your claim.

With something like 300,000 members....we just need to account for 150,000 more racists to even begin to meet your claim.

How many racist have you identified in the Tea Party movement? I haven't seen any and you haven't produced any evidence of any.

Below are two of the signs the NAACP has on its page announcing Tea Party condemning resolution:
1279110628-hitler.jpg

1279110715-jews.jpg

LOL

I don't think this helps make your point

How racist is it anyway to say that those who would criticize a black President or a black member of Congress is racist? If being black somehow makes somebody immune to criticism, why should thinking people of ANY color elect a black person to anything?

But at least it's still a free country and we can keep setting the record straight when we are accused of racism.

Glenn Beck's program yesterday addressed this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZyVUS-TC2g]YouTube - Montage of Project 21 Members Denounce NAACP on "Beck"[/ame]

Black tea partiers rebut NAACP
By ANDY BARR
7/14/10

Tim Scott, the Republican nominee for South Carolina's first congressional district, says the NAACP is making a 'grave mistake' in stereotyping tea party members as racist.

Some African-American tea party candidates are displeased by a resolution that the NAACP approved on Tuesday calling the grass-roots conservative movement “racist.”

“I have not experienced the charges of racism that the NAACP is touting,” Vernon Parker, an African-American tea party congressional candidate in Arizona, told POLITICO.

Parker, former mayor of Paradise Valley, said that he has never felt out of place at a tea party rally because of the color of his skin.

“When I go to tea party events, people don’t look at me any differently,” he said. “They didn’t judge me on the color of my skin, quite frankly, they judged me on my principles."

"The NAACP should be concerned about bringing jobs to people in depressed areas,” he added, “not the tea party.”

Tim Scott, a GOP congressional nominee in South Carolina, echoed Parker’s sentiments in a statement.

“I believe that the NAACP is making a grave mistake in stereotyping a diverse group of Americans who care deeply about their country and who contribute their time, energy and resources to make a difference,” Scott said.

“As I campaign in South Carolina, I participate in numerous events sponsored by the tea party, 9/12, Patriot, and other like-minded groups, and I have had the opportunity to get to know many of the men and women who make up these energetic grass-roots organizations,” Scott added.

Read more: Black tea partiers rebut NAACP - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

There are many societies and special interest groups that work for the betterment of certain groups of people defined by race, ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality:

NAACP
AIPAC
Anti-Defamation League
NAAA
AARP
CANF
MAPA
Catholic Alliance
National Mexican-American Anti-Defamation Committee
Uyghur American Association
Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund

etc etc etc

Are all these groups "ists" of some sort?

Don't know all of those, but from what I can tell of the ones I know... yes.

You forgot CAIR and La Raza too

Immie

I left out a great many - it was a long list, and I picked a variety to show how varied it was and included National Mexican-American Anti-Defamation Committee to represent hispanic interests and NAAA (National Association of Arab Americans) to represent Arab interests.

Why are they "racist"?

Is any group that works for the betterment of that group an "ist"?

If so, how can a minority that is so small it's needs are swallowed by the needs of a larger community, get their needs and rights heard? Strength is often in numbers.

Is American Conservative Student Union (ACSU) and "ist"? After all, their charter (on their website) "establishes, cultivates, and unites collegiately affiliated conservative policy organizations in order to better educate students, faculty, and staff about the conservative movement, providing them with the tools necessary to engage society through effective activism." They are working on behalf of a select group of people with similar interests.

The NAACP's mission statement is: The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.

IMHO they are racists because they divide the people of the world and exclude on the basis of race.

Plain and simple. That is how it is. My last post explains how the message of the NAACP comes across. As long as that is the message that the NAACP presents, then they will be a racist organization.

Yes, whoever the ACSU is, they are an "ist" group. I don't see, however, where they exclude non-conservatives.

Immie

Last edited:

1279110628-hitler.jpg

1279110715-jews.jpg

LOL

I don't think this helps make your point

In other words you cannot identify the racist element.

well "DIPSHIT" why dont you show us something where the NAACP tells Louie to go fuck himself when he makes his Racist statements?......and gee...you show us a video of this clown speaking at one of their conventions....

The way I see it according to some on this thread, David Duke speaks at a Tea Party event, that makes everyone involved with the Tea Party Event racists. Louis Farrakhan speaks at an NAACP event... well, he is just the leader of the Nation of Islam and has nothing to do with the NAACP.

David Duke is not anyone I would want to be associated with, but neither is Louis Farrakhan. If the Tea Party is racist for having Duke at one of their events, then the NAACP is racist for inviting Farrakhan to speak at theirs.

Immie

Good and fair point.

I don't think the Tea Party itself is racist, but it attracts radicals and it might be politically smart to repudiate some of the less-savory radicals or risk being tarnished by them.

According to Foxfyre, earlier in this thread, that was done at at least one of their events, some were kind enough to put the signs away, others did their best to get in front of cameras. There are two reasons I would think these people might want to make sure they got in front of the cameras and the big one is to hurt the reputation of the organization.

Immie

well "DIPSHIT" why dont you show us something where the NAACP tells Louie to go fuck himself when he makes his Racist statements?......and gee...you show us a video of this clown speaking at one of their conventions....

The way I see it according to some on this thread, David Duke speaks at a Tea Party event, that makes everyone involved with the Tea Party Event racists. Louis Farrakhan speaks at an NAACP event... well, he is just the leader of the Nation of Islam and has nothing to do with the NAACP.

David Duke is not anyone I would want to be associated with, but neither is Louis Farrakhan. If the Tea Party is racist for having Duke at one of their events, then the NAACP is racist for inviting Farrakhan to speak at theirs.

Immie

You have a link showing David Duke speaking at a Tea Party event?

I'm just going off the accusations that were made earlier.

Read my post again.

I said that according to some David Duke speaking at a tea party event makes the tea party racist, but Louis Farrakhan speaking at an NAACP doesn't imply that the NAACP is racist because Louis Farrakhan is the leader of the Nation of Islam.

Implying the double standard they present.

Immie

Racism among the Tea Party fringe:

http://mokellyreport.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/obamakenya.jpg
http://mokellyreport.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/obamanative.jpg
http://dailyhurricane.com/racistteabagger.jpg
http://trueslant.com/jamellebouie/files/2010/06/racist_tea_party.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XhO0eYIIKo8/S75gokDAriI/AAAAAAAAAes/EQ54AHa8yX4/s1600/teapartysign1sm1.jpg

The core of the Tea Party movement has tried to make it about big government - not about Obama but it has it's racist fringe, much like the NAACP.

Now, do you have the cajones to admit that or are you just going to keep on denying it while spewing your (so far) unproven claim most of the NAACP is racist?

sheeesh, there seems to be a echo in this thread.

I guess we are suppose to all believe the Naacp is all honorable and doesn't have a racist bone in their bodies.:lol:

You have been asked repeatedly to explain your position and all you have been able to do is post smiley faces :lol:

I guess that explains the depth of your understanding of this topic

like I won't bow down to the demands of the Naacp, I will not BOW down to your demands.
now maybe you can get a couple more pats on the back.

Don't know all of those, but from what I can tell of the ones I know... yes.

You forgot CAIR and La Raza too

Immie

I left out a great many - it was a long list, and I picked a variety to show how varied it was and included National Mexican-American Anti-Defamation Committee to represent hispanic interests and NAAA (National Association of Arab Americans) to represent Arab interests.

Why are they "racist"?

Is any group that works for the betterment of that group an "ist"?

If so, how can a minority that is so small it's needs are swallowed by the needs of a larger community, get their needs and rights heard? Strength is often in numbers.

Is American Conservative Student Union (ACSU) and "ist"? After all, their charter (on their website) "establishes, cultivates, and unites collegiately affiliated conservative policy organizations in order to better educate students, faculty, and staff about the conservative movement, providing them with the tools necessary to engage society through effective activism." They are working on behalf of a select group of people with similar interests.

The NAACP's mission statement is: The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.

IMHO they are racists because they divide the people of the world and exclude on the basis of race.

Plain and simple. That is how it is. My last post explains how the message of the NAACP comes across. As long as that is the message that the NAACP presents, then they will be a racist organization.

Yes, whoever the ACSU is, they are an "ist" group. I don't see, however, where they exclude non-conservatives.

Immie

They don't. But can you show me where the NAACP excludes non-blacks?

sheeesh, there seems to be a echo in this thread.

I guess we are suppose to all believe the Naacp is all honorable and doesn't have a racist bone in their bodies.:lol:

You have been asked repeatedly to explain your position and all you have been able to do is post smiley faces :lol:

like I won't bow down to the demands of the Naacp, I will not BOW down to your demands.

In other words (yet again) Stephanie is unable to articulate any sort of answer beyond a wad of spittle.

In other words (yet again) Stephanie is unable to articulate any sort of answer beyond a wad of spittle.

yeah yeah.
I know you feel you are "above" me. but so what.

Forum List

Back