NASA Ditches the American Flag and models a black female astronaut in the name of diversity

You mean like how the liberals all insist white cops are murdering blacks because they are all racist? Like how a black prosecutor is claim 3 white cops that did nothing except place under arrest a man and transfer him to a vehicle are being charged because during the ride he was injured? While trying to down play the fact that the vehicle was driven by run by and controlled by a black man and that a black supervisor checked the prisoner and did not do anything to help him? And then screaming it was racism? Like that?

You mean like how the liberals all insist white cops are murdering blacks because they are all racist? Like how a black prosecutor is claim 3 white cops that did nothing except place under arrest a man and transfer him to a vehicle are being charged because during the ride he was injured? While trying to down play the fact that the vehicle was driven by run by and controlled by a black man and that a black supervisor checked the prisoner and did not do anything to help him? And then screaming it was racism? Like that?

What in the friggety fuck are you talking about?
Are you in the wrong thread?

that's the argument of a mentally deficient conservative trying to make a valid counterpoint no matter how unrelated...

I am not certain how I feel....I understand if a Klingon found our American flag on Mars it would mean nothing to them, and the concept of the International flag could show them where to look for us....the Blue planet.... but do we really want Klingons to find us? ;)

On the other side, if it is an American mission, and we put humans on Mars first, before other countries, with American's tax dollars, why not be proud of it and strut our strut, with our American flag?

I guess the answer is because we'd be doing so not as a country but as a species. What would after all be the point of nations competing when they're off the planet altogether? Do we think we're gonna colonize celestial bodies? I mean we don't even do that with Antarctica, and that's on Earth.

I have no problem with both flags being placed...the American and International, or if Russia goes there, place the Russian and international flag....?

I'll be happier when the idea of a "flag" is a quaint curiosity one sees in a museum whose ancient function has to be explained.
I'm really not a one world gvt fan...

I think patriotism has its place, and the advancement of Education and Science, is a good place for it.... especially since you need your own citizen's money to advance both science and education...getting them excited about it is critical to support the program, us viewing our brave Astronauts making it to Mars is something to be proud of, as an American and as Humans...if Russians make it there first, I would still be glued to the TV watching the landing, and proud of their accomplishment...* but just a little more proud, if it was us, and I knew my taxes spent on it and support for it, was meeting and exceeding my expectations.

.... The point being that "nations" are an earth concept. Once you leave the earth and are out of our context, "nation" has no meaning.

And again, why would it be a competition between nations at all? I mean unless one nation is out to either establish colonies or mine natural resources, to the exclusion and detriment of other nations ....what would be the point?
Ask JFK when you get to Heaven..... :D

It just IS, pogo.... it's in our very Nature.

No alien would be watching our Astronauts land on Mars...and there are no Nations out in space (you apparently think) but it's us earthlings that are interested, and Nations matter here on Earth....especially if the program needs funding from the people in the Nation...simple as that....

I don't cease being an American when I'm off-planet.

But what's its relevance off the planet? Nations only exist in the context of this planet. Once you leave it, that context is left behind with it.

If a Venutian lands here, do you care whether she's from the Venutian state of Ivwekiops or Tecjwimith?

Depending on the differences between Ivwekiops and Tecjwimith we might care very much.

But we wouldn't know those differences, as we know nothing about those states. They're literally outside our sphere.

Case in point: I deliberately spelled Tecjwzinith wrong, and you copied it. Busted! :muahaha:

You are so bad. LOL!

Obviously you do not read all the posts and so are clueless.

Obviously you do not read all the posts and so are clueless.

Obviously you didn't QUOTE ANY so no we're not fucking mindreaders.

If you had bothered to read the thread you would know to whom I was responding. But since you want your information spoon fed to you and your responses written out in advance by someone else, you will just have to remain clueless. By the way dumb ass, the first person to bring racism into this thread was a liberal and you all continue to do so with no evidence to back your bullshit claims. But thanks for playing, now go to daily Kos and Huffington to find your appropriate response.

I dont care either way about the astronaut. She happens to be a B/F. Good for her. Astronauts are amazing. Her credentials must be just as spectacular.

But the flag? Fucking stupid. If aliens attacked Earth...our only hope of survival would be the AMERICAN military. The rest of the Earth would be devastated.

I am not certain how I feel....I understand if a Klingon found our American flag on Mars it would mean nothing to them, and the concept of the International flag could show them where to look for us....the Blue planet.... but do we really want Klingons to find us? ;)

On the other side, if it is an American mission, and we put humans on Mars first, before other countries, with American's tax dollars, why not be proud of it and strut our strut, with our American flag?

I guess the answer is because we'd be doing so not as a country but as a species. What would after all be the point of nations competing when they're off the planet altogether? Do we think we're gonna colonize celestial bodies? I mean we don't even do that with Antarctica, and that's on Earth.

I have no problem with both flags being placed...the American and International, or if Russia goes there, place the Russian and international flag....?

I'll be happier when the idea of a "flag" is a quaint curiosity one sees in a museum whose ancient function has to be explained.

I think patriotism has its place, and the advancement of Education and Science, is a good place for it.... especially since you need your own citizen's money to advance both science and education...getting them excited about it is critical to support the program, us viewing our brave Astronauts making it to Mars is something to be proud of, as an American and as Humans...if Russians make it there first, I would still be glued to the TV watching the landing, and proud of their accomplishment...* but just a little more proud, if it was us, and I knew my taxes spent on it and support for it, was meeting and exceeding my expectations.

.... The point being that "nations" are an earth concept. Once you leave the earth and are out of our context, "nation" has no meaning. Has nothing to do with "one world government", whatever that might mean. Has nothing to do with governments at all. That's the point --- why should it?

Just as, if you're from Silver Lake, that has meaning only as a neighborhood within Los Angeles. But if you happen to be in Chicago you're going to say you're from L.A., not Silver Lake, and if you're in England you're going to say you're from California... and so on.

And again, why would it be a competition between nations at all? I mean unless one nation is out to either establish colonies or mine natural resources, to the exclusion and detriment of other nations ....what would be the point?
the people funding it and watching it, are here on Earth....whether those guys are on Mars, the Moon, Venus, Uranus, Pluto....where ever...

And it is a competition, between Nations and amongst ourselves to beat our last accomplishment in space, merely for funding and the people's interest to fund it, along with the funding and the creating of our next generation of Scientists, Engineers, Astronauts, etc....

it would be Utopia, if it was the whole world supporting and funding our Nation's Astronauts to further our knowledge of the Galaxy...but it just doesn't work that way....

Mining the Moon in the future is not out of the question, and yes, we would need sovereignty over the area we decide to mine and/or other countries would need the same in areas they decide to mine and yes, it would probably be on a first come, first serve, basis......don't ya think?

Competition IS GOOD....it pushes countries and their Scientists in the 'race/game'' to go beyond what they would without it.... it makes things happen quicker than they would, or go farther than they would, or beyond what they think they could.... it's in our nature....it's a fire under one's ass, so to speak, imo.

If you had bothered to read the thread you would know to whom I was responding. But since you want your information spoon fed to you and your responses written out in advance by someone else, you will just have to remain clueless. By the way dumb ass, the first person to bring racism into this thread was a liberal and you all continue to do so with no evidence to back your bullshit claims. But thanks for playing, now go to daily Kos and Huffington to find your appropriate response.

It's in the title, dumbass.

And STILL nobody knows what the friggety fuck you're on about. Use the quote function. That's why the fuck it's there.

I dont care either way about the astronaut. She happens to be a B/F. Good for her. Astronauts are amazing. Her credentials must be just as spectacular.

But the flag? Fucking stupid. If aliens attacked Earth...our only hope of survival would be the AMERICAN military. The rest of the Earth would be devastated.
If Aliens were so far advanced in technology that they were traveling to Earth, then the American Military, could do squat to stop them.

If Aliens were so far advanced in technology that they were traveling to Earth, then the American Military, could do squat to stop them.

Leave it to an earthling to asssssume an extraterrestrial visitor would have come to attack.

Oh there's a great plan. We've got a ship with twelve crew, no particular supplies, a gazillion light years from home, let's attack these four billion people on their own planet. What could possibly go wrong...

:rolleyes:

.... The point being that "nations" are an earth concept. Once you leave the earth and are out of our context, "nation" has no meaning. Has nothing to do with "one world government", whatever that might mean. Has nothing to do with governments at all. That's the point --- why should it?

Just as, if you're from Silver Lake, that has meaning only as a neighborhood within Los Angeles. But if you happen to be in Chicago you're going to say you're from L.A., not Silver Lake, and if you're in England you're going to say you're from California... and so on.

the people funding it and watching it, are here on Earth....whether those guys are on Mars, the Moon, Venus, Uranus, Pluto....where ever...

And it is a competition, between Nations and amongst ourselves to beat our last accomplishment in space, merely for funding and the people's interest to fund it, along with the funding and the creating of our next generation of Scientists, Engineers, Astronauts, etc....

it would be Utopia, if it was the whole world supporting and funding our Nation's Astronauts to further our knowledge of the Galaxy...but it just doesn't work that way....

Mining the Moon in the future is not out of the question, and yes, we would need sovereignty over the area we decide to mine and/or other countries would need the same in areas they decide to mine and yes, it would probably be on a first come, first serve, basis......don't ya think?

Competition IS GOOD....it pushes countries and their Scientists in the 'race/game'' to go beyond what they would without it.... it makes things happen quicker than they would, or go farther than they would, or beyond what they think they could.... it's in our nature....it's a fire under one's ass, so to speak, imo.

No, competition is not "good" in this area. We're not selling candy bars here -- this is for humanity -- not for "my tribe". I know that's what we did in the old "space race" but think about it, that approach was insanity. Pouring blood and treasure into establishing "firsts" just so we can say we one-upped the other country? I mean what the hell were we thinking? The sooner we put that juvenile crap behind us and grow up, the better.

No, competition is not "good" in this area. We're not selling candy bars here -- this is for humanity -- not for "my tribe". I know that's what we did in the old "space race" but think about it, that approach was insanity. Pouring blood and treasure into establishing "firsts" just so we can say we one-upped the other country? I mean what the hell were we thinking? The sooner we put that juvenile crap behind us and grow up, the better.
As soon as those other Countries pay to play we can share with them, till that happens we earn what we find and can control. Or are you suggesting we should share our wealth technology and abilities with places like Syria and ISIS? Perhaps we should share with Russia, I mean they need all the help they can get seizing even more countries on their borders.

What is for humanity? What does NASA and traveling to Mars have to offer for humanity?

I don't cease being an American when I'm off-planet.

But what's its relevance off the planet? Nations only exist in the context of this planet. Once you leave it, that context is left behind with it.

If a Venutian lands here, do you care whether she's from the Venutian state of Ivwekiops or Tecjwimith?

Depending on the differences between Ivwekiops and Tecjwimith we might care very much.

But we wouldn't know those differences, as we know nothing about those states. They're literally outside our sphere.

Case in point: I deliberately spelled Tecjwzinith wrong, and you copied it. Busted! :muahaha:

Whether we know of the differences or not, they would still be real.

This makes no more sense than pretending that everyone from North America is the same, if they are outside of North America.

I only vaguely recognize the names you posted as being from somewhere.

Provide a link. I bet it would make a difference to us who we met.

Forum List

Back