NBC poll: 71% of millennials want a 3rd political party

It'll only change if you change the voting system

Right, Progs want a direct voting system and do away with the electoral college.

The Founding Fathers were wary of a democracy, hence they created a Republic and the electoral system.

Naturally, Progs oppose them at every turn. Progs would rather have the population heavy states of California and New York run the lives of everyone else in the country.

Actually it was a way to rig POTUS elections in favor of the slave states, which is why four of our first five Presidents were slaveholders from the South, specifically Virginia, the largest EC state. You know, the kind y'all revisionists like to pretend "run the lives of everyone else in the country". That was no coincidence They were able to do that by counting their slaves as 3/5 of a person each for the purpose of apportionment while allowing them 0/5 of a vote. Consequently nothing got done to address slavery for generations, at the same time Britain and France and Spain were abandoning it.

Once states started snowballing that WTA bullshit, the EC's main architect James Madison called for a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting that practice. Even though he too was from Virginia.

Whether they be right or wrong, states deserve adequate representation.

Actually it was a way to rig POTUS elections in favor of the slave states,

That's just foolish. As usual, it simply renders the rest of your post worthless.

Does anyone else find it a bit ironic that the left are bent about EC? They were totally cool with the DNC railroading Bernie out of the race on their behalf. The left was fine with "someone else" narrowing their choices, or even making the choice for them then, but now that the 'other states' spoke up and made a choice as is prescribed in the Constitution, they're pissed they have no choice.

I kind of chuckle to myself because I've got syn and all the "normies" can get a faint hint of what it's like. The left are hypocrisies - the word itself brought to living, breathing, walking life. Astounding, confounding, unbelievable, completely illogical, yet 100% "real" o_O

Right, Progs want a direct voting system and do away with the electoral college.

The Founding Fathers were wary of a democracy, hence they created a Republic and the electoral system.

Naturally, Progs oppose them at every turn. Progs would rather have the population heavy states of California and New York run the lives of everyone else in the country.

Actually it was a way to rig POTUS elections in favor of the slave states, which is why four of our first five Presidents were slaveholders from the South, specifically Virginia, the largest EC state. You know, the kind y'all revisionists like to pretend "run the lives of everyone else in the country". That was no coincidence They were able to do that by counting their slaves as 3/5 of a person each for the purpose of apportionment while allowing them 0/5 of a vote. Consequently nothing got done to address slavery for generations, at the same time Britain and France and Spain were abandoning it.

Once states started snowballing that WTA bullshit, the EC's main architect James Madison called for a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting that practice. Even though he too was from Virginia.

That is exactly why we are a REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC - republic referring to a union of separate states.

It's not 71% of millennials. It's based on a (skewed?) push poll of 1,750 18-34 year old adults and it doesn't even specify if they are registered voters. The dirty little secret is that you can vote for a 3rd party candidate in almost every election.

200.gif

That is exactly why we are a REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC - republic referring to a union of separate states.

There are countless such republics in the world that hold elections for head of state. Out of those the only ones that filter their vote through a proxy system are the US and Pakistan.

It's not 71% of millennials. It's based on a (skewed?) push poll of 1,750 18-34 year old adults and it doesn't even specify if they are registered voters. The dirty little secret is that you can vote for a 3rd party candidate in almost every election.

You can do that all you want. But in a POTUS election it's never going to make a damn bit of difference as long as the WTA-EC system locks in the Duopoly. And as long as voters don't GET that.

Does anyone else find it a bit ironic that the left are bent about EC? They were totally cool with the DNC railroading Bernie out of the race on their behalf. The left was fine with "someone else" narrowing their choices, or even making the choice for them then, but now that the 'other states' spoke up and made a choice as is prescribed in the Constitution, they're pissed they have no choice.

I kind of chuckle to myself because I've got syn and all the "normies" can get a faint hint of what it's like. The left are hypocrisies - the word itself brought to living, breathing, walking life. Astounding, confounding, unbelievable, completely illogical, yet 100% "real" o_O

The DNC (or RNC) is in no way the EC. And I haven't seen anybody anywhere who was "totally cool with the DNC railroading Bernie out of the race on their behalf" but that's one of the pitfalls of a political party. So your premise is a strawman.

The RP did the same thing in 1912 with T. Roosevelt, who came in to the convention having virtually swept the primaries. They ditched him in favor of the establishment guy from Ohio, because that's the way they wanted the party to evolve -- regardless what the primaries decided. Which, as a private entity, is their right to do. Again, the pitfall of political parties.

And there's nothing in the Constitution about primaries. That's just optional bread and circus for the unwashed. A racket running a clown show to make people think they're "involved". The party is going to nominate whoever it wants to nominate. They're not bound by "primaries".

As for the EC itself, it's been problematic all along, especially since the several states caved in to the "me too" WTA system due to abject lack of backbone, which perpetuated the very choice limitation you described. Madison could already see it in his time and advocated formally prohibiting it. Madison's long since gone yet here we are still grappling with it.

There's nothing new about this dilemma. It generally only comes up every four years because that's the only time there IS an Electrical College. But it's the same conundrum whether it's being discussed or not.

Whether they be in the majority or the minority, VOTERS deserve adequate representation.

I live in what's laughably called a "swing" state. In January the electors of this state went before Congress and lied, "wow it's incredible, for the umpteenth election in a row every single voter in North Carolina voted for the same candy, Donald Rump". The state to my north told exactly the same lie about Clinton. Both claims are absolute bullshit. Everybody in Virginia who voted for Rump (or Johnson or Stein or anybody else), and everybody in Carolina who voted for Clinton (or Johnson or Stein or anybody else) had their vote unceremoniously tossed in the shitcan.

You tell me how that's "adequate representation".

It's also a major reason why only 55% of the electorate shows up. Because what's the point, if your vote is going to the shitcan?

How is your idea, of having only a dozen of the largest cities and their states make all the decisions for the country a good thing?

What about the other 40 states? Are they to just bow down to you?

Do you even know what system I am spruiking? No. My system would be a lot more fair to everyone.
But taking your point to the nth degree. So the majority of the population has to bow down to the tyranny of the minority?

Whether they be in the majority or the minority, VOTERS deserve adequate representation.

I live in what's laughably called a "swing" state. In January the electors of this state went before Congress and lied, "wow it's incredible, for the umpteenth election in a row every single voter in North Carolina voted for the same candy, Donald Rump". The state to my north told exactly the same lie about Clinton. Both claims are absolute bullshit. Everybody in Virginia who voted for Rump (or Johnson or Stein or anybody else), and everybody in Carolina who voted for Clinton (or Johnson or Stein or anybody else) had their vote unceremoniously tossed in the shitcan.

It's also a major reason why only 55% of the electorate shows up. Because what's the point, if your vote is going to the shitcan?

The only office that's elected that way is POTUS. All the others are simple majority. You need to broaden your perspective.

The only office that's elected that way is POTUS. All the others are simple majority. You need to broaden your perspective.

The POTUS election is exactly what that thread is about. You need to stay on topic.

I gotta run, but I do want to agree to a point there Pogo - states should be doing it Maine style.

However, getting rid of the EC would only essentially eliminate /my/ vote (Alaska) because my entire state couldn't make a drop in the ocean of say - even though the decisions made in DC can totally mother fuck my state in an instant (see Global Warming, Anwar, EPA, Parks & Rec, Military Spending, War, etc.) there no way I will /ever/ vote nor support Alaska being abused (yet again) by the more populated lower 48 fucks who have /zero/ give a shit about my life and how I live in Alaska - No way in hell. And damn straight my state ain't the only one who fears NY, CA, TX, and WAST taking over control of this country and telling /them/ how they "supposta" live.

I gotta run, but I do want to agree to a point there Pogo - states should be doing it Maine style.

However, getting rid of the EC would only essentially eliminate /my/ vote (Alaska) because my entire state couldn't make a drop in the ocean of say - even though the decisions made in DC can totally mother fuck my state in an instant (see Global Warming, Anwar, EPA, Parks & Rec, Military Spending, War, etc.) there no way I will /ever/ vote nor support Alaska being abused (yet again) by the more populated lower 48 fucks who have /zero/ give a shit about my life and how I live in Alaska - No way in hell. And damn straight my state ain't the only one who fears NY, CA, TX, and WAST taking over control of this country and telling /them/ how they "supposta" live.

The argument here is a non-starter; "eliminating my vote because it couldn't make a drop in the ocean" is simply whining about being on the short end of a majority rule vote. That's irrelevant. If the majority did not prevail --- there would be no point in having a vote at all. But even in a minority vote that doesn't prevail, at least that minority gets a voice --- which the EC WTA system systematically denies, as already laid out.

The various state concerns you cite are exactly what your Congressional representatives are for.

For the record I don't support a Maine/Nebraska system; all that does is reduce the same problem to a slightly smaller scale; the Congressional Districts of those states still use a WTA system, effectively disenfranchising everybody who didn't vote with the majority.

What we have here is basically a Same Old Thing system designed to perpetuate Same Old Thing. That's why each and every election we get ----- well you get the idea.

The argument here is a non-starter; "eliminating my vote because it couldn't make a drop in the ocean" is simply whining about being on the short end of a majority rule vote. That's irrelevant. If the majority did not prevail --- there would be no point in having a vote at all. But even in a minority vote that doesn't prevail, at least that minority gets a voice --- which the EC WTA system systematically denies, as already laid out.

The various state concerns you cite are exactly what your Congressional representatives are for.

For the record I don't support a Maine/Nebraska system; all that does is reduce the same problem to a slightly smaller scale; the Congressional Districts of those states still use a WTA system, effectively disenfranchising everybody who didn't vote with the majority.

What we have here is basically a Same Old Thing system designed to perpetuate Same Old Thing. That's why each and every election we get ----- well you get the idea.

That only sounds good IF you have a state with a big city. I don't have a big city at all, total population 730k for the entire state. Basically what you are saying is because I live in the fucking arctic, my political opinions are irrelevant and don't matter to the nation. When you say shit like that, I have zero desire to be part of the nation; why should I when just LA alone can overrule my /entire/ states interest - and especially since ya'll fruit loops down in the lower 48 have /zero/ clue what it's like to live in Alaska.

Lower 48'ers do shit like, ohhhh we're gonna have a petition to "save the bears" and they get their sigs and use their representative power to fuck, and I do mean royally fuck, our Alaska Natives, who rely on that bear they kill to feed their entire fucking village for the winter. Oh but you saved five bears! Also, caused Alaskan's to have to pay to ship a fuck ton of food out, destroyed a traditional native hunting trip or five that has sustained and bonded these villagers together since before Alaska even belonged to Russia, and caused stress and discontent between Alaskan/US government officials and the Tribal Council's. And none of you lower 48 fucks will ever know, nor give two shits, because you got your self-feels for "saving the bears."

THIS shit is /exactly/ why states had their own powers, and why they are given a fucking voice in how the country is run, because /THEY/ know damn well better what their rural farmer/arctic/plains/native/fishing/oil/coal state needs then some fucker in a skyscraper in a sub-tropic state trying to virtue signal about "global warming" or other perhaps well intentioned, but completely uneducated and thus FAILED, ideals about "utopia."

That only sounds good IF you have a state with a big city. I don't have a big city at all, total population 730k for the entire state. Basically what you are saying is because I live in the fucking arctic, my political opinions are irrelevant and don't matter to the nation. When you say shit like that, I have zero desire to be part of the nation; why should I when just LA alone can overrule my /entire/ states interest - and especially since ya'll fruit loops down in the lower 48 have /zero/ clue what it's like to live in Alaska. Lower 48'ers do shit like, ohhhh we're gonna have a petition to "save the bears" and they get their sigs and use their representative power to fuck, and I do mean royally fuck, our Alaska Natives, who rely on that bear they kill to feed their entire fucking village for the year. Oh but you saved five bears! Also, caused Alaskan's to have to pay to ship a fuck ton of food out, destroyed a traditional native hunting trip or five that has sustained and bonded these villagers together since before Alaska even belonged to Russia, and caused stress and discontent between Alaskan/US government officials and the Tribal Council's. And none of you lower 48 fucks will ever know, nor give two shits, because you got your self-feels for "saving the bears."

THIS shit is /exactly/ why states had their own powers, and why they are given a fucking voice in how the country is run, because /THEY/ know damn well better what their rural farmer/arctic/plains/native/fishing/oil/coal state needs then some fucker in a skyscraper in a sub-tropic state trying to virtue signal about "global warming" or other perhaps well intentioned, but completely uneducated and thus FAILED, ideals about "utopia."

How are the women in Alaska? I know the suicide rate is off the charts high. Sounds depressing. And that's coming from someone who lives in the dismal midwest.

That only sounds good IF you have a state with a big city. I don't have a big city at all, total population 730k for the entire state. Basically what you are saying is because I live in the fucking arctic, my political opinions are irrelevant and don't matter to the nation. When you say shit like that, I have zero desire to be part of the nation; why should I when just LA alone can overrule my /entire/ states interest - and especially since ya'll fruit loops down in the lower 48 have /zero/ clue what it's like to live in Alaska. Lower 48'ers do shit like, ohhhh we're gonna have a petition to "save the bears" and they get their sigs and use their representative power to fuck, and I do mean royally fuck, our Alaska Natives, who rely on that bear they kill to feed their entire fucking village for the year. Oh but you saved five bears! Also, caused Alaskan's to have to pay to ship a fuck ton of food out, destroyed a traditional native hunting trip or five that has sustained and bonded these villagers together since before Alaska even belonged to Russia, and caused stress and discontent between Alaskan/US government officials and the Tribal Council's. And none of you lower 48 fucks will ever know, nor give two shits, because you got your self-feels for "saving the bears."

How are the women in Alaska? I know the suicide rate is off the charts high. Sounds depressing. And that's coming from someone who lives in the dismal midwest.

Unfortunately we do have suicide rates and we have sexual & physical assault.

The suicide rate thing is I think indicative to our cold climate, isolation, and small population. Take a college kid in Fairbanks Alaska (second largest city, population 33k) So this guy is having a rough time, maybe he's got SAD or depression or a mental disorder, his entire school ostracizes him because he's gay, his parents are abusive, or maybe just because the "cool kids" didn't like him, whatever the reason. Everyone knows each other in Fairbanks, especially on the college campus right, and there is no where for him to go to escape that "isolation" to "start over" so to speak The next "city" over is what Fox, population 400, no college "escape", no night life, nothing to do but wallow in your depression in the pitch black winter (get maybe 4 hours of sunlight in the winter) and a crap ton of folks just can't hack it. Look at the stats for military family suicide as well, we're big military, you get kids from the lower 48 being implanted in the arctic circle, it's cold, dark, lonely; they just lost all their friends /again/ and now they're in a damned ice box. They HATE it, and no one cares, military parents expect him/her to suck it up, there's no one that understands, etc. Can't hack it. I'm sure other states have their own "unique" situations that effect suicide rates (they have crime, gangs, whatever for example), up here it's isolation, darkness, the bone chilling cold (-40F in Fairbanks is "typical")

The problem on the assault stuff (physical and sexual) is honestly that in the PC world no one can say shit without everyone saying they're "racist" because we are white... The native villages live under Tribal Rule, they are "traditional" okay, they believe that women are kind of property (it's not so bad as like Muslim, but it's a hard live out there in the middle of no where with no toilets, no electricity, no heat, limited food (they subsistence for their food) but you end up with stuff like a village of 50 people, they're all family there; when uncle gets drunk and beats the shit out of his wife, they deal with it "in house" and our police get shit but a report "Uncle X slapped Aunt Y" - it goes into the national crime stats as physical assault, but we don't punish the guy, we don't have any say in how he's "retrained" not to do that, nope, it gets a firm talking to (from elders who tend to think it's no big deal because that's how it's always been) and then it happens again when Uncle X gets drunk again... Nothing Alaskan's can do about it, if the fucking Feds would let us report that shit on a different schedule we'd be rock bottom on the listings vs other states, but they can't of course because "discrimination" ~shrug~ None of the tourists care, the oil workers don't care, the military doesn't really care, so it's only folks trying to make a political point that actually like "hold it against" Alaska. It's just like Illinois gets sunk by Chicago, except folks can more easily understand crime rates being high because of a big city, vs crime rates being high because of tribal council decisions and indifference. (And for the record, the native women in the villages don't seem to care if they get beat up, it's like tradition over "women's rights" out there because honestly what the fuck does the ability to work do for a woman in a village of 40? What good does the "right to vote" do for a woman who's ruled by an elder? And why push for "progress" or "modern living" when it brings you useless crap like flushing toilets that freeze every winter and spill shit all over your floor? They like 'some' modern stuff, snow machines, 2x4 houses, propane heating, but these folks don't have electricity, typically no plumbing, there's no in or out access for these folks (dog sled was supposedly upgraded to snow machine by the US gov, but you still can't get to the next village unless you're gonna ride for 200+ miles, and then a dog team is way better because they actually can sense thin ice over a river and shit)

But yea, that stuff, and a ton more, is just idk stuff that lower 48 people will never understand nor even care to understand. They're just worried about their little utopian fantasies of the "perfect world" where everyone has all the modern comforts of Starbucks and Macy's - no fucking clue that some folks don't /want/ that shit.

EDIT - and for the record, I can't even talk here, I've lived up here my entire 44 years, I do not live with them, I'm just an "honorary member" of a tribe by chance. Some of the decisions /my/ elder makes are fucking bat shit crazy imo, but you don't question your elders in the tribe, you just don't. You put in your statement/opinion/advice then nod and smile when they make the decision or you get the fuck out of the tribe; those are your options. Follow or leave.

And as for the women, depends where you go. The "city" chicks, like me, run the gambit. Mostly conservative views, though not way back to not working exactly. My town is wealthy generals and police officers, I'd say half of us are stay at home mom types. A lot of the chicks are hup hup about native art and crap (come in with the military fam and get all worked up about the "local" culture and such - like my mom HAD to have a native midwife and stuff.) There's not a hell of a lot of idk "party shit" going on, I mean there's lots of drinking and pot, but more folks are into outdoors shit; hunting, fishing, skiing, camping. Outdoorsy stuff. I like the chicks, they're still bat shit emo, but better than lower 48 chicks by far - as long as you like em fish belly white or native olive :p And the guys, on average, are the kind you marry and settle down with, rather than the kind you have a one night stand with. I mean I've had two marriages, both my husband and my ex husband were more than any mother could ask for to raise her kids with - role models, responsible, etc. I will never complain too much about Alaskan's on either side of the male/female fence; good peeps, maybe not as fun or exciting, but they're the kinda peeps you keep forever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back