Netanyahu's response to UN's resulution.

It is that uncompromising (and irrational) position that will result in the Jewish colonial project to end in tears. It is truly unbelievable that these people won't accept that the land was inhabited by Muslims and Christians before the hordes of people that happened to practice Judaism, from other continents, invaded the land and expropriated, evicted and now rule over the native people they were unable to evict. If you people don't compromise and accept the reality that you took the land from the existing inhabitants, the future is not bright.

You continue to make the silly claim that there was an invasion by Jews of some mythical "country of Pal'istan" you have invented.

I was hoping you could provide some historical (or in your case, hysterical), data for the invasion and where your "country of Pal'istan" may have existed.

History does not support the Palestine position - no matter how they try to twist it.

Further, the leadership of Palestine has continually refused creation of a Palestinian state, so there's really nothing to talk about.

Well no one supports Israel's position except for

A. Republicans
B. American Jews
C. Israeli Jews

... which, in your opinion, automatically makes it wrong? Maybe, just maybe, people should actually look at the facts, understand the history of the area, and discover that Israel has several times offered a two-state solution, only to be rejected by quasi-Palestinian authority. How convenient it is to ignore history and the truth .....

So the people at the UN didn't look at the facts? The White House didn't look at the facts?

Some 570,000 Israelis live in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, in settlements that most countries consider to be illegal and the United States terms illegitimate. Israel disputes that, citing historical, political and Biblical links to the areas, as well as security concerns.

Most countries think what you are doing is illegal. Maybe if most countries saw things exactly like the Jews see things we'd all agree. But then we would all be jews.

Oh, they looked at the facts - they just chose to ignore them. It is the politically expedient thing to do. And, why do you suppose that would be? Think it might have anything to do with spreading democracy in the Middle East? Think it might have anything to do with upsetting the oil producers? Think it might have anything to do with the duplicity of the US? Can any country afford to have the Arab countries rise up in protest to supporting Israel?

By what stretch of imagination do you honestly believe that the land doesn't belong to Israel? No because somebody else said it doesn't - but what is the proof that makes you comfortable with your version of the truth?

As you say, Israel cites historical, political, and Biblical proofs ---- are they wrong? Where? What's wrong with their proofs?

So the people at the UN didn't look at the facts? The White House didn't look at the facts?

Some 570,000 Israelis live in East Jerusalem and the West Bank....

1.4 million Arabs live in Israel. Why are they not considered an obstacle to peace? Why is the mere presence of Jews an "obstacle to peace"?

You continue to make the silly claim that there was an invasion by Jews of some mythical "country of Pal'istan" you have invented.

I was hoping you could provide some historical (or in your case, hysterical), data for the invasion and where your "country of Pal'istan" may have existed.

History does not support the Palestine position - no matter how they try to twist it.

Further, the leadership of Palestine has continually refused creation of a Palestinian state, so there's really nothing to talk about.

A. Republicans
B. American Jews
C. Israeli Jews

... which, in your opinion, automatically makes it wrong? Maybe, just maybe, people should actually look at the facts, understand the history of the area, and discover that Israel has several times offered a two-state solution, only to be rejected by quasi-Palestinian authority. How convenient it is to ignore history and the truth .....

Some 570,000 Israelis live in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, in settlements that most countries consider to be illegal and the United States terms illegitimate. Israel disputes that, citing historical, political and Biblical links to the areas, as well as security concerns.

Most countries think what you are doing is illegal. Maybe if most countries saw things exactly like the Jews see things we'd all agree. But then we would all be jews.

Oh, they looked at the facts - they just chose to ignore them. It is the politically expedient thing to do. And, why do you suppose that would be? Think it might have anything to do with spreading democracy in the Middle East? Think it might have anything to do with upsetting the oil producers? Think it might have anything to do with the duplicity of the US? Can any country afford to have the Arab countries rise up in protest to supporting Israel?

By what stretch of imagination do you honestly believe that the land doesn't belong to Israel? No because somebody else said it doesn't - but what is the proof that makes you comfortable with your version of the truth?

As you say, Israel cites historical, political, and Biblical proofs ---- are they wrong? Where? What's wrong with their proofs?

I would hate to live where Jews are the majority.

The Israelis have never "offered" a sovereign state to the Palestinians. The Israelis have offered continued indefinite Israeli occupation.

The Jews came from other places (continents) and conquered land by war and expelled the native Muslim and Christians, counter to the Charter of the United Nations.

Now, let's see some compromise for peace.

A. Republicans
B. American Jews
C. Israeli Jews

I wouldn't give them a choice. I'd move them out. Or you could be really insane and just build settlements around them and have the enemy living among you every day hating you. I think the jews like having the arabs to kick around.
... and i think you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

The land belongs to Israel by rights of war. They were attacked, and drove the enemy out. All the rest is just BS. Israel has offered the land to Palestine in return for peace many times - each time, Palestine has refused. In fact, Israel has pulled people out of the "occupied territory" three times that I can remember, and still Palestine refuses to accept a two-state solution.

The problem isn't Israel - the problem is Palestinian leaders who are using our liberals, and their Arab counterparts, to try to force Israel into the sea. They, the Palestinian leaders, want it all --- and will accept nothing short of the elimination of Israel.

Y'all need to figure out whose team you're playing on ...

Most of the world and the White House says you are fos. Maybe only you jews know what you are talking about. I've met Jews and that does seem to be their attitude.

LOL - given that I've been a practicing (and sometimes not practicing) Catholic my whole life, your scurrilous attack will go down as incredibly misguided.

I challenge you to show me a SINGLE - just one, anywhere - verifiable "proof" cited by ANYBODY that says Israel doesn't have rights of ownership to that land.

I'll wait right here for you ....

1.4 million Arabs live in Israel. Why are they not considered an obstacle to peace? Why is the mere presence of Jews an "obstacle to peace"?
Please blow each other up quickly and don't ask America if we care or want to help. We don't and we don't.

It's the presence of militarized citadels that prevent sovereignty and a contiguous state that is the problem.

I think we need to stop treating these people like second class citizens.

You need to give Palestinians their own country. One morter lobbed into Israel level 1/4 of the country. You two are an abusive couple who need to get a divorce.

What other solution is there?
You force relocate all Palestinians into Syria and fortify your borders.

Problem solved.

Not a bad idea. Israel does need to kick out the Palestinians. Or stop moving into their neighborhoods.
And stop pretending. If your plan all along was to take their land stop pretending and lying. Just do it. Seems to me the GOP will go along. They love fucking with the middle east.

The Security Council resolution that passed Friday condemned Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem as a “flagrant violation under international law” and an obstacle to peace. The Council approved it 14 to 0, with the United States abstaining instead of using its unilateral veto, as it has in the past.
The wording in U.N. resolutions is meant to be taken precisely. I mention this because you wrote that the condemnation of settlements "in the West Bank and East Jerusalem" but since East Jerusalem is in the West Bank, it is best to stick to the text of the Resolution 2334 which states: "Condemning all measures aimed at altering the demographic composition, character and status of the Palestinian Territory occupied since 1967, including East Jerusalem, including, inter alia, the construction and expansion of settlements, transfer of Israeli settlers, confiscation of land, demolition of homes and displacement of Palestinian civilians, in violation of international humanitarian law and relevant resolutions ..." (italics mine)

The resolution is indeed a rebuke of Israeli policy.
Well, at least they didn't accuse the Jews of poisoning wells or draining the blood of Christian/Muslim children to make Passover matzo.

What this resolution makes clear is that the UN has too much money to waste on resolutions that are nothing more than anti Israel propaganda. After Jan. 20, an accounting will be made of how much it really needs to do useful work.
The Israelis did not poison wells but they did steal them for use by settlers thereby depriving Palestinians of adequate fresh water.
Israel admits cutting West Bank water supply, but blames Palestinian Authority
Nonsense. Since 1995 decisions on water resources have been made by the Joint Water Committee which has equal representation of Israel and the PA. However, the PA refuses to recognize the Joint Water Committee as legitimate now, and so no new decisions can be made to adjust the water supply for the Palestinians. The absurdity of the PA's position was recently demonstrated when the new Palestinian cite of Rawabi needed a water supply to be built, but the PA refused to meet with Israeli representative, so it lay idle until the Israeli Defense Minister declared an emergency and ordered the pipes be laid for Rawabi. So the PA complains about water but prefers conflict with Israel over water for its people.

It's the presence of militarized citadels that prevent sovereignty and a contiguous state that is the problem.

A contiguous Arab Palestinian state is still easily possible. "Militarized citadels" can very easily be removed. Neither of these things are true obstacles to peace.

You need to give Palestinians their own country. One morter lobbed into Israel level 1/4 of the country. You two are an abusive couple who need to get a divorce.

Problem solved.

Not a bad idea. Israel does need to kick out the Palestinians. Or stop moving into their neighborhoods.
And stop pretending. If your plan all along was to take their land stop pretending and lying. Just do it. Seems to me the GOP will go along. They love fucking with the middle east.

The Security Council resolution that passed Friday condemned Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem as a “flagrant violation under international law” and an obstacle to peace. The Council approved it 14 to 0, with the United States abstaining instead of using its unilateral veto, as it has in the past.
The wording in U.N. resolutions is meant to be taken precisely. I mention this because you wrote that the condemnation of settlements "in the West Bank and East Jerusalem" but since East Jerusalem is in the West Bank, it is best to stick to the text of the Resolution 2334 which states: "Condemning all measures aimed at altering the demographic composition, character and status of the Palestinian Territory occupied since 1967, including East Jerusalem, including, inter alia, the construction and expansion of settlements, transfer of Israeli settlers, confiscation of land, demolition of homes and displacement of Palestinian civilians, in violation of international humanitarian law and relevant resolutions ..." (italics mine)

Well, at least they didn't accuse the Jews of poisoning wells or draining the blood of Christian/Muslim children to make Passover matzo.

What this resolution makes clear is that the UN has too much money to waste on resolutions that are nothing more than anti Israel propaganda. After Jan. 20, an accounting will be made of how much it really needs to do useful work.

When any criticism pointed at you is "nothing more than anti Israel propaganda" then fuck you guys. You're on your own.

Its not just nothing more than anti Israel propaganda. We think you guys are assholes. It's why a lot of people don't like jews.
No, you don't like Jews because you are a simple minded racist.

A. Republicans
B. American Jews
C. Israeli Jews

I wouldn't give them a choice. I'd move them out. Or you could be really insane and just build settlements around them and have the enemy living among you every day hating you. I think the jews like having the arabs to kick around.

The land belongs to Israel by rights of war. They were attacked, and drove the enemy out. All the rest is just BS. Israel has offered the land to Palestine in return for peace many times - each time, Palestine has refused. In fact, Israel has pulled people out of the "occupied territory" three times that I can remember, and still Palestine refuses to accept a two-state solution.

The problem isn't Israel - the problem is Palestinian leaders who are using our liberals, and their Arab counterparts, to try to force Israel into the sea. They, the Palestinian leaders, want it all --- and will accept nothing short of the elimination of Israel.

Most of the world and the White House says you are fos. Maybe only you jews know what you are talking about. I've met Jews and that does seem to be their attitude.

LOL - given that I've been a practicing (and sometimes not practicing) Catholic my whole life, your scurrilous attack will go down as incredibly misguided.

I challenge you to show me a SINGLE - just one, anywhere - verifiable "proof" cited by ANYBODY that says Israel doesn't have rights of ownership to that land.

Since Israel was created by the United Nations, it must live by the United Nations.

The hardline pro-Palestine argument states that since Palestine never approved the creation of Israel, they will not recognize Israel. The pro-Israel side states the opposite — the United Nations created us by democratic vote so we are here to stay. Israel is right. The reality is we cannot undo history. Israel has the right to exist and is here to stay — no amount of arguing or fighting will undo that.

That fact established, we cannot stop the UN conversation here.

A nation born by the UN must live by the UN. Since Israel’s creation, the United Nations has passed at least 42 Resolutions against Israel for violating international law — 17 of which were passed before Hamas existed. These include resolutions condemning Israel for illegal practices against civilians in Lebanon, condemning Israel’s contravention of the Fourth Geneva Convention, calling on Israel to withdraw from all Palestinian territories, calling on Israel to recognize the Palestinian right of return, and calling on Israel to respect Muslim holy places. Post-Hamas, the UN has passed Resolutions against Israel to abide by and accept the Fourth Geneva convention, condemning Israel’s invasion of Lebanon, condemning Israel’s killing of UN employees of the World Food Program, and condemning Israel settlements established since 1967 as illegal — all of which have nothing to do with Hamas. This further establishes point two above that Hamas is not the root cause of this conflict.

Unfortunately and remarkably, Israel has asked and the United States has agreed to veto all 42 of these UN Resolutions. Israel cannot have it both ways. It cannot on one hand claim legitimacy by citing the United Nations decision to create Israel, and then ignore UN enforcement to hold Israel accountable to international law. If UN decisions are invalid now, then they were invalid at Israel’s creation.

Actually, it's the presence of Islamic terrorists whose fascist ideology knows no passage of time or geographic boundaries and who are equipped and maintained with a dedicated UN funded welfare fraud that is the problem.

A. Republicans
B. American Jews
C. Israeli Jews

UN Security Council Resolution 298

"The Security Council,

Recalling its resolutions 252 (1968) of 21 May 1968 and 267 (1969) of 3 July 1969 and the earlier General Assembly resolutions 2253 (ES-V) and 2254 (ES-V) of 4 and 14 July 1967 concerning measures and actions by Israel designed to change the status of the Israeli-occupied section of Jerusalem,

Having considered the letter of the Permanent Representative of Jordan on the situation in Jerusalem 1/ and the reports of the Secretary-General,2/ and having heard the statements of the parties concerned on the question,

Reaffirming the principle that acquisition of territory by military conquest is inadmissible,

Noting with concern the non-compliance by Israel with the above-mentioned resolutions,......."

United Nations Official Document

Problem solved.

When any criticism pointed at you is "nothing more than anti Israel propaganda" then fuck you guys. You're on your own.

Its not just nothing more than anti Israel propaganda. We think you guys are assholes. It's why a lot of people don't like jews.
No, you don't like Jews because you are a simple minded racist.

Or you are all just annoying

Peace cannot exist without justice. A future peace cannot exist without recognizing factual history. The irony is only two types of people will ignore the above guidance — “heartless Zionists” and “Hamas terrorists.”

Hopefully the majority of us can build a strong enough middle ground to neutralize both extremes and finally get what we all want — peace.

Problem solved.

The Israelis did not poison wells but they did steal them for use by settlers thereby depriving Palestinians of adequate fresh water.

We all knew Jews are unreasonable and this is just illustrating it.

And I'm not happy how we're going back to another Republican president and all of the sudden we are talking about war with Iran and Israel again. It was a nice 8 years during Obama when we didn't to worry about Israel.

Republicans always want to bring up Soros but they never mention this hymie bastard who will tell the USA what to do when it comes to Israel & the ME.

We get it: you hate Jews but you have no idea why.

Actually, it's the presence of Islamic terrorists whose fascist ideology knows no passage of time or geographic boundaries and who are equipped and maintained with a dedicated UN funded welfare fraud that is the problem.

You are too one sided to see anything the other side is saying. We can't have you or Hamas deciding what is the best thing to do because neither of you are reasonable. That's why we have things like the UN.

We all knew Jews are unreasonable and this is just illustrating it.

And I'm not happy how we're going back to another Republican president and all of the sudden we are talking about war with Iran and Israel again. It was a nice 8 years during Obama when we didn't to worry about Israel.

Republicans always want to bring up Soros but they never mention this hymie bastard who will tell the USA what to do when it comes to Israel & the ME.

We get it: you hate Jews but you have no idea why.

I think we all know why people don't like jews.

Problem solved.

Jews will continue to build in Jerusalem. Because it is forever Jewish. It's ours and if the UN doesn't like it they can just F### OFF!

Then you can fuck off. We won't stop you if you genocide all the Palestinians or you can just keep treating them like second class citizens and have them terrorize your citizens the way things are now.

No one gives a fuck. The last 8 years were great. Obama told you guys to fuck off and you kept quiet. Now that the Republicans are back to entertain your bullshit we expect to hear a lot of crap about the poor Jews well fucking handle your business bitches! We don't hate you. We aren't anti semetic. We just don't give a fuck about you. Just like the people in Aleppo. We don't give a fuck about them. Or the Syrian refugees. Or the Mexicans or refugees coming from south America. Go pound sand!

Then go protest the steets that you don't want to fund forein states. And keep your claws off of Jerusalem.

The Israelis have never "offered" a sovereign state to the Palestinians. The Israelis have offered continued indefinite Israeli occupation.

The Jews came from other places (continents) and conquered land by war and expelled the native Muslim and Christians, counter to the Charter of the United Nations.

Now, let's see some compromise for peace.

That is categorically false ... CAMERA: Palestinians Rejected Statehood Three Times, Claim Frustration -- with Israel

Before World War 1, the area known as Israel today was a part of the Ottoman Empire. The Ottoman Empire became an ally to Germany in WW1. THEY WERE THE BAD GUYS. They lost the war. And if that wasn't enough, during WW1, Great Britain captured the territory and was given control over it when the war ended. After a few years Britain became sick of dealing with the trouble in the region and in 1947 the UN attempted to resolve the strife between the Jewish people and the Palestinians with The Partitioning Plan, which would divide the state up into roughly equal pieces for both nations. This was the UN's decision, not the Jews'. The Jewish people accepted the plan. The Arabic people rejected it.

In 1948 David Ben-Gurion announced the creation of the Israeli state. The following day 4 Arabic countries attacked Israel. Israel won that war. Israel won the next war too. And they won the following war. They continue to win the wars for the territory.

Prior to the 1967 war, the residents of what is now Palestine were evacuated by the Arab nations. They ceded the territory to the Israelis. In fact, it was occupation of this land that was crucial to Israel's victory.

When you win a war for territory, it's pretty normal for you to keep the territory.

So it's not Palestinian territory. It's Israeli territory. They are occupying the land because they were given the land by the UN, they claimed the land, the UN recognized them as a state, they defended the land on multiple occasions and they continue to defend it.

Further, in 2000, Israel offered to withdraw from 100% of the West Bank, and 92% of the "occupied territory". Palestine refused because they wanted Israel eliminated.

In 2004, Israel withdrew from the Gaza strip. Palestinian authorities immediately moved in and began rocket and shelling attacks on Israel - obviously from a much close range, and thus deeper into Israel.

You want a peace agreement? Israel has many times proposed to pull back to the pre-1967 borders, in exchange for a commitment from Palestine to peacefully co-exist. Palestine has refused. Your argument rests with the Palestinian authorities, not with Israel. Israel is NOT the impediment to peace - the intransigence of the Palestinian authority is.

You are too one sided to see anything the other side is saying. We can't have you or Hamas deciding what is the best thing to do because neither of you are reasonable. That's why we have things like the UN.
Sure. The UN. Let me know the next time the UN rotates Islamic dystopias onto their Human Rights commission.

Forum List

Back