Netanyahu's response to UN's resulution.

What is liberal or democratic about Israel. It is a theocratic government that rules over millions of people that are prevented from voting and are under military occupation only because they are non-Jews. What country in the UN has held millions of people in outdoor prisons/concentration camps for over 50 years on the basis of the people's religions (Muslim and Christian).

I can say that The United State is theocratic. Still won't make it true.

You need to know how everyday life goes in Israel nefore saying such nonsense

'This conflict is not about communities in the West Bank... Its about Israel's very right to exist' -- Benjamin Netanyahu - בנימין נ

I think most savvy readers can figure out that Monte doesn't want to see Israel exist. Why do you think he is on this forum morning, afternoon and night trying to demonize Israel. With all the time he spends on this particular forum, I am wondering if some group from Fatah or Hamas sends him a paycheck. I can't imagine anyone giving up a normal life for this otherwise.

'This conflict is not about communities in the West Bank... Its about Israel's very right to exist' -- Benjamin Netanyahu - בנימין נ

I think most savvy readers can figure out that Monte doesn't want to see Israel exist. Why do you think he is on this forum morning, afternoon and night trying to demonize Israel. With all the time he spends on this particular forum, I am wondering if some group from Fatah or Hamas sends him a paycheck. I can't imagine anyone giving up a normal life for this otherwise.

Stating facts is not demonization. Why are you here 24/7 promoting genocide or ethnic cleansing of non-Jews?

Stating facts is not demonization. Why are you here 24/7 promoting genocide or ethnic cleansing of non-Jews?
Find one time I advocated either of those claims. Betcha can't.

Why do you give him the time of day?

In the harshest criticism from a member of the U.S. government against its Israeli ally, Kerry spent more than an hour venting his frustration with continued Israeli settlement construction and laying out parameters for eventual peace. The settlements and the nearly 50-year-old occupation, he said, is creating a reality on the ground that precludes the possibility of a two-state solution. He stopped short of using the word “apartheid,” but warned that the one-state reality that is emerging will create a “separate and unequal” situation, invoking language from the Jim Crow era.

“The settler agenda is defining the future in Israel,” Kerry said. “Their stated purpose is clear: They believe in one state, greater Israel,” he continued, referring to aspirations by extreme conservatives to eventually annex occupied Palestinian territory.

So be honest. You hard liners don't want to give Palestine it's own country.

Kerry’s premise shouldn’t be controversial. It has been U.S. policy for more than four decades that Israeli settlements pose an obstacle to peace with the Palestinians. But what is peculiar about his remarks is their timing. With just three weeks left in office, it is unclear what he hoped to accomplish with the speech. The answer to that is complicated, but it hinges heavily on the election of Donald Trump.

Next month, the Obama administration hands over policymaking authority to a man who has encouraged Israel to build more settlements. The president-elect has also nominated David Friedman, a confidante who has donated to pro-settlement causes, to serve as his ambassador to Israel. In coordination with an Israeli government dominated by politicians who openly disavow the two-state solution, the Trump White House appears poised to reverse decades of bipartisan commitment to Palestinian statehood by greenlighting Israeli settlements.

Why didn't you just say so? You don't want a 2 state solution and you don't give a fuck if the world thinks it's wrong that you are building more and more settlements where the Palestinians are living. Just be honest. It took me long enough to figure this out. You could have just told me. We won't stop you. Maybe we can take on more Palestinian refugees the next 4 years.
Kerry and his boss BHO have seriously blundered regarding Israel.

Kerry might as well pack up and go to Hawaii and start drinking beach cocktails with BHO. Their administration is over. Time to kick back.
I like that Obama is letting his feelings be known on the way out. He is still the leader of the free world. And for the next 4 years Republicans are going to have a hard time convincing us we should trust them or that we should invade iran

Why do you give him the time of day?
I just give him rope.

1-987.jpg

Monetary reward is given to Palestinian Arabs who kill Jews. It's quite a lucrative industry.

What is liberal or democratic about Israel. It is a theocratic government that rules over millions of people that are prevented from voting and are under military occupation only because they are non-Jews. What country in the UN has held millions of people in outdoor prisons/concentration camps for over 50 years on the basis of the people's religions (Muslim and Christian).

The U.S. does not call itself a Christian State, does it. Is there a way to marry in a civil ceremony in Israel? Israel is just as much a theocracy as Iran is.

The U.S. does not call itself a Christian State, does it. Is there a way to marry in a civil ceremony in Israel? Israel is just as much a theocracy as Iran is.
That's just ignorant. Iran's ayatollah has final authority on all matters of the state. There is no such authority figure in Israel.

Have you ever gotten a single fact correctly conveyed? Ever?

Is there a way to marry in a civil ceremony in Israel?

Yes.

I thought there was no civil marriage in Israel? I thought they were all religious - with each community doing it's own. You had to go out of the country for civil marraige? I know it's recognized, but it's not done. Or so I thought.

Yes.

I thought there was no civil marriage in Israel? I thought they were all religious - with each community doing it's own. You had to go out of the country for civil marraige? I know it's recognized, but it's not done. Or so I thought.

Yes, I know. Everyone thinks that. Especially those who want to use it to demonize Israel (not you, but others). But its a bit more complicated than that. Couples with no religious affiliation can be married and registered as married in a civil ceremony.

Last edited:
It's not complicated. It is a fact. You are lying as usual.

"Since the various established religious institutions representing the different faiths in Israel have sole jurisdiction over the marriage and divorce in Israel and there is no state-mandated civil marriage, anyone classified as “without religion” is unable to marry in the country."
'Hundreds of thousands can’t marry in Israel'

Yes.

Yes, I know. Everyone thinks that. Especially those who want to use it to demonize Israel (not you, but others). But its a bit more complicated than that. Couples with no religious affiliation can be married and registered as married in a civil ceremony.

Ok...I didn't realize that, just looked in wikipedia. That's a fairly new law then, it only came about in 2010.

Yes.

Ok...I didn't realize that, just looked in wikipedia. That's a fairly new law then, it only came about in 2010.

Yep. There is pretty strong support in Israel for some sort of civil marriage. Its coming. Change happens.

Its a silly way to demonize Israel anyway, since Israel is hardly the only country in the world with no civil marriage and her recognition of common law relationships, overseas marriages and gay marriages is FAR better than the others.

Forum List

Back