Never tell me America is racist: An open letter to protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never tell me America is racist.

Do you see how many white people are protesting with you? Do you see how many white cops are showing solidarity with you?

NEVER tell me America is racist.

Ask any black person who lived during the civil rights era. They didn't have white support, if they did, it was minimal support at most. They did not have a broad coalition of support you do now in the 1950s and '60s.

Not only do you have the support of hundreds of millions of white people all across America, but the WHOLE WORLD has also come to stand behind you. I will stand behind you.

But never tell me America is racist.
Hate to break it to you....America is racist. Its even in the original document used to form it.
Hence the amendments abolishing slavery passed later. Of course slavery should never have been brought to this country in the first place.
Slavery was abolished and Jim Crow took its place.
It’s not 1950 anymore.
Who said it was?
You.

America is as racist now as its ever been.
The accusations of racism is even moreso.
I live with it every day.
It was under control for a while, but it's back.
We have made no progress.
Then lets take the nation down.
America is as racist now as its ever been.
The accusations of racism is even moreso.
I live with it every day.
It was under control for a while, but it's back.
We have made no progress.
The cities are yours if you want them. Show everyone what you got. Stop talking. Start building.
Wanna see what I got?
ITunes.

Do you see how many white people are protesting with you? Do you see how many white cops are showing solidarity with you?

Ask any black person who lived during the civil rights era. They didn't have white support, if they did, it was minimal support at most. They did not have a broad coalition of support you do now in the 1950s and '60s.

Not only do you have the support of hundreds of millions of white people all across America, but the WHOLE WORLD has also come to stand behind you. I will stand behind you.

Hate to break it to you....America is racist. Its even in the original document used to form it.
Hence the amendments abolishing slavery passed later. Of course slavery should never have been brought to this country in the first place.
Slavery was abolished and Jim Crow took its place.
It’s not 1950 anymore.
Who said it was?
You.
Post the link.

And Jim Crow was sent packing in 1964.
No one has ever said that all white people are racists and as welcome as they are and happy we are to have them standing up for justce, marching and protesting with us, that doesn't mean that racism does not still exist in the United States or as the title of your thread states "never say America is racist".

The U.S. has been in existence for 243 years and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which I presume you're referring to has only been in existence for less that 25% of the lifetime of the United States. That means that for 182 years people of African descent were relegated legislatively, via numerous court judgments and enforced by law enforcement into 2nd class citizen status, that is after we obtained recognition that the rights the U.S. Constitution afforded everyone else also extended to us.

So tell me, why is it that even though you all know that laws don't prevent prohibited behaviors, when it comes to anything regarding the legal discrimination and segregation of people of African descent, you somehow believe those laws miraculously brought racial hatred, discrimination and oppression to a screeching halt?

We have laws prohibiting murder, assault, rape, drunk driving, etc. yet these things still occur every daily therefore why would you believe that there no longer exists any rabidly racists American citizens still attempting to assert their alleged white superiority over black people? Ahmaud Abery is a case in point.

And lastly, the U.S. wouldn't have had to end anything (slavery, Jim Crow, black codes, separate but equal, etc.) if they hadn't instituted these laws, policies and practices in the first place. That alone prevents anyone from ever truthfully being able to claim "America is not racist".

Now if you want to make the argument that the United States of America no longer tolerates racism, that will probably take at least another 100 years, just in my opinion, although in this case I'd love to be proven wrong.

No one has ever said that all white people are racists and as welcome as they are and happy we are to have them standing up for justice, marching and protesting with us, that doesn't mean that racism does not still exist in the United States or as the title of your thread states "never say America is racist".

Interesting, tell that to Asclepias, Gantlemagne , and Billyboom

You dont even know who youre talking to half the time.

Hey aaronleland

Get a load of this guy!
Calling for some help huh? :)

Not really.
" Hey aaronleland "

Looks like it to me. :)

You obviously don't know how well we know each other. He is just as much my friend as he is my polar opposite on political views.

Want to try again?

No one has ever said that all white people are racists and as welcome as they are and happy we are to have them standing up for justice, marching and protesting with us, that doesn't mean that racism does not still exist in the United States or as the title of your thread states "never say America is racist".

I already marked her post with a love icon.

We do know how to read.

You sure aren't acting like it.

Lol. Selective reading then.

Hey aaronleland

Get a load of this guy!

Not really.
" Hey aaronleland "

You obviously don't know how well we know each other. He is just as much my friend as he is my polar opposite on political views.

Want to try again?
I dont care how well you know each other. You were still calling him for help. :)

Your last sentence sums up everything in a nutshell!

The U.S. has been in existence for 243 years and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which I presume you're referring to has only been in existence for less that 25% of the lifetime of the United States. That means that for 182 years people of African descent were relegated legislatively, via numerous court judgments and enforced by law enforcement into 2nd class citizen status, that is after we obtained recognition that the rights the U.S. Constitution afforded everyone else also extended to us.

Your chronological argument is invalid.

You dismiss any efforts by this country to reform itself between its inception and the passage of the Civil Rights Act. You are too focused on the distant past.

Last edited:

Hey aaronleland

Get a load of this guy!

Not really.
" Hey aaronleland "

Want to try again?
I dont care how well you know each other. You were still calling him for help. :)

No. I wasn't.

Lol. Selective reading then.
More like selective memory in your case. Remember your original request was to "never say america is racist again" or something to that effect. How did forget your own OP so quickly?

Hey aaronleland

Get a load of this guy!

Not really.
" Hey aaronleland "

Want to try again?

Curious, what do I need his help with, precisely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back