Newsome attacks Walgreens

That statement is not only false, it shows ignorance at a level only seen among those who've made their ideology, their theology.
The left has brought us trans mania, support of men participating in women's sports, giving medals to women of courage who are actually men, support for mutilation of young peoples genitalia to support mental illness!

Walgreens sells the pill in every state where it is legal. Walgreens ships the pill in every state where it is legal. So does CVS. Newsome wanted Walgreens and CVS to either continue sales in violation of state law or close in states making the pill illegal.

Shades of De Santis and Disney!
nzf8GnY.jpg
Not really...

Newsom is not banning Walgreens, he is saying the California Government might bring there business to a company who doesn't cower to threats...

Think about it... Newsom is saying if you are intimidated by them, then you can be intimated by me too. Newsom didn't start the fight, but he is willing to finish it...

So Walgreens might have the option of fighting in the other states at least...

Newsom is pointing out being moderate doesn't mean soft...

People have options. A company should be able to sell what they want without a FASCIST GOVERNMENT HARASSING THEM.

So Walgreens should have been intimated by 20 state attorneys general....

Newsom did not start it, they did...

Thanks for acknowledging that...

Walgreens sells the pill in every state where it is legal. Walgreens ships the pill in every state where it is legal. So does CVS. Newsome wanted Walgreens and CVS to either continue sales in violation of state law or close in states making the pill illegal.
So if Newsom gets a law to passed to ban companies that cower to other states then it is OK with you...
Because that would be the law of California state.. Thanks for explaining that...

Newsom isn't banning them by the way...

He is just pulling their business from them:
The state is currently “reviewing all relationships between Walgreens and the state,” said Newsom spokesman Brandon Richards. He also accused the company of giving in to “right wing bullies.”

Newsom’s office announced Wednesday that California would be “pulling back” a renewal of a $54 million contract with Walgreens that would have taken effect May 1, 2023.

California’s Department of General Services holds a contract with the retailer “to procure specialty pharmacy prescription drugs,” mostly used by the state’s Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and its correctional health care system, Newsom’s office said in a news release.

Not really...
Newsom is not banning Walgreens, he is saying the California Government might bring there business to a company who doesn't cower to threats...
Think about it... Newsom is saying if you are intimidated by them, then you can be intimated by me too. Newsom didn't start the fight, but he is willing to finish it...
So Walgreens might have the option of fighting in the other states at least... Newsom is pointing out being moderate doesn't mean soft...
The similarities are pretty clear though. A hardcore partisan governor singling out and trying to punish a large corporation for doing things the governor doesn't like.

No two things are exactly alike, but that's pretty obvious.

The similarities are pretty clear though. A hardcore partisan governor singling out and trying to punish a large corporation for doing things the governor doesn't like.

No two things are exactly alike, but that's pretty obvious.
The laugh is the righties screaming here...

They actually started... Newsom is giving back exactly the same thing right back over the net at them...

Walgreens are on a hiding to nothing but they could have said to those 21 states... Sue us... Force us legally...
That way they could say to Newsom that they at least tried...

I think Newsom is effectively right... If Walgreen's are not going to show any backbone for their customers then I am going to compromise you..
Kind of smart of him.

You think that California can be forced to do business with Walgreens by using the federal government to force the state to change its policies?

WOW, How leftist of you.
Using the federal government to force your political views on states that don't accept them.

What would actual Conservatives think of this?
I think Walgreens moving out of state is wonderful

More will follow.

I envision a state that is only a massive nature preserve, with Jeff Bezos and his Silicon Valley buddies only affording to live there

That and millions of homeless folk that will be walled off from their gorgeous estates.

So if Newsom gets a law to passed to ban companies that cower to other states then it is OK with you...
Because that would be the law of California state.. Thanks for explaining that...
Companies should be expected to obey the laws of every state in which they do business.

Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom forcefully criticized Walgreens over its new plan to stop shipping and selling abortion pills in some states after 20 state attorneys general sent a letter warning about the policy.

All I can say is, lawyer up!!

Considering California has morphed into a hyper-partisan entity of the DNC than an actual state in the union that Newsom personally owns, perhaps this is Constitutional after all.

We shall see.

Walgreen's, like CVS, Starbuck's and Target, have had to close many, many stores in California already due to rampant theft, filth, and employee safety concerns. The DemoKKKrats who run the state LOVE it.

- WalGreens gets a letter from 20 states' Attornies General making note they consider its actions re: the abortion pill in question are illegal
- WalGreens decides to stop selling the pill in question in those states
- Newsom gets upset... at an action that doesn't affect his state.

One of these three actions makes no sense.

Last edited:
Newsome is getting a dose of reality as every chain distributor obeys the laws of states in which they do business. CVS is doing the same as Walgreens.

I think Walgreens moving out of state is wonderful

More will follow.

I envision a state that is only a massive nature preserve, with Jeff Bezos and his Silicon Valley buddies only affording to live there

That and millions of homeless folk that will be walled off from their gorgeous estates.

The super rich and the super poor, this is what the democrat party is all about.

No in between.

Forum List

Back