Next up on the progressive ban list

Banning-Flags-600-LI.jpg

I don't see any reason to "ban" this flag. I think it's pretty sad. For one thing, even though I'm not a southerner, I think it is an important way in which they remember and honor their ancestors who died in the Civil War. That is the flag they fought under and died for, so whether or not you agree with what their flag stands for, I don't think it harms anyone.

You are wrong, pure and simple. It IS a symbol of slavery.

Jon Stewart said it best, all these symbols of the old south and all the monuments and streets named after old south generals and even original KKK members is like the whole South being covered in racist wallpaper.

Are you serious? Sorry, but the old southern generals were just guys fighting a war. What you need to remember is that times were a lot different back then. Just because people want to remember the old south doesn't mean they want to include slavery with that.

I don't see any reason to "ban" this flag. I think it's pretty sad. For one thing, even though I'm not a southerner, I think it is an important way in which they remember and honor their ancestors who died in the Civil War. That is the flag they fought under and died for, so whether or not you agree with what their flag stands for, I don't think it harms anyone.

It isn't being banned. A state has the right to determine what flag to fly or how to set up their state flag. A store has the right to sell the products they choose. A manufacturing company has the right to make the products it chooses. And people have the right to own whatever flag they please. No banning is happening.

Banned, shunned, whatever. I'm quite sure you understand what I'm saying. I am sure that most people who want to remember or even celebrate the old south feel that their flag stands for more than just slavery. Progressives ARE ridiculous.

Yes, that meme is very poignant. Like the US flag, the southern flag stands for more than just the things they did wrong or mistakes they made. Also, back in those days, American south was certainly not the only place to be practicing slavery. Slavery was a worldwide thing because things were different back then. Also, people need to remember that it is certainly not just blacks who were slaves. Many women were and still ARE slaves even today.

Also, people need to remember that it is certainly not just blacks who were slaves. Many women were and still ARE slaves even today.

And, there is this pesky fact that black people owned slaves themselves. But oh hey, the PC police doesn't let history get in the way.

Some Freeman black slave owners actually bread slaves for profit. It was a practice that most slave owners found repulsive.

Also, people need to remember that it is certainly not just blacks who were slaves. Many women were and still ARE slaves even today.

And, there is this pesky fact that black people owned slaves themselves. But oh hey, the PC police doesn't let history get in the way.

And the fact that most Americans in the south did NOT own slaves. Only the rich owned slaves, plantation owners, etc. The regular average person living in the south did not own slaves.

Some Freeman black slave owners actually bread slaves for profit. It was a practice that most slave owners found repulsive.

:D They "bread" them?

Shudup and get me that sammie!

Shudup and get me that sammie!

I'd have to find the BREAD first. :p

Jackie Mason (a twofer because he's also an old Jewish comic)!

Forum List

Back