Next up on the progressive ban list

They would probably ban Charlie Daniels. In fact, I think they banned him from the NFL pregame song. :boohoo: All My Rowdy Friends.

That was Hank Williams Jr. (a great American BTW)

Ohhhh. :D I did not know that. Okay, so they banned Hank Williams from performing the NFL theme song. Why?
Because people representing companies are supposed to be smart enough not to mouth off about politics while representing said company, amd he was retarded and said some stupid shit.

I get that, but I remain a fan of his AS WELL as the Dixie Chicks.

I do wish entertainers would simply entertain.

Yeah, it is a tough balancing act.

Mason jars. Too reminiscent of the mason Dixie line.

Dixie cup. See above.

Grey pinstripes suits. Grey was the color of the uniforms of the south

South needle on compass

Sweet Home Alabama

Winn Dixie
Cotton
Pecans
Fried Chicken
Okra
Collard Greens
"The South will rise Again"
"We don't care how you did it up north"
Toll free highways and bridges
Low property taxes
"Weak" government.
Southern drawl...

StoneMountain.jpg

TEAR DOWN THIS MOUNTAIN................IT REEKS OF EVIL........................
Oh YES......Stone Mountain HAS to go....

They would probably ban Charlie Daniels. In fact, I think they banned him from the NFL pregame song. :boohoo: All My Rowdy Friends.

Ohhhh. :D I did not know that. Okay, so they banned Hank Williams from performing the NFL theme song. Why?
Because people representing companies are supposed to be smart enough not to mouth off about politics while representing said company, amd he was retarded and said some stupid shit.

Yeah, it is a tough balancing act.

I'm a big fan of James Taylor. I've sat through hours of his concerts where he spews political crap and I want to stand up and yell!

Sing your damn songs!!!!! I'm Pop23 and everyone knows I don't give a damn!

Dixie cup. See above.

South needle on compass

Sweet Home Alabama

Winn Dixie
Cotton
Pecans
Fried Chicken
Okra
Collard Greens
Low property taxes
"Weak" government.
Southern drawl...

Kentucky Derby. Don't forget beautiful women wearing big hats and drinking mint juleps. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO SEE THAT!

This is a poser comment.

You said it cuz other people say it.

Some entertainers are dumb, yupp.

Most are gar superior intellectually than the average tom, dick or joe which is how they have the foresight, knowledge and ability to do what they do, write what they write, touch who they touch.

Pidgeon holing them as all dumb as though dumb is some.birthright of being an entertainer is a weak and unfair reason to not at least consider what theyve got to say.

Dixie cup. See above.

South needle on compass

Sweet Home Alabama

Winn Dixie
Cotton
Pecans
Fried Chicken
Okra
Collard Greens
Low property taxes
"Weak" government.
Southern drawl...

Kentucky Derby. Don't forget beautiful women wearing big hats and drinking mint juleps. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO SEE THAT!

I hate those hats. They are so stupid. They don't even look like hats half the time! :lol: Tell me you wouldn't feel stupid wearing a dumb hat like that?

This is a poser comment.

Most are gar superior intellectually than the average tom, dick or joe which is how they have the foresight, knowledge and ability to do what they do, write what they write, touch who they touch.

Pidgeon holing them as all dumb as though dumb is some.birthright of being an entertainer is a weak and unfair reason to not at least consider what theyve got to say.

Bull.

This is a poser comment.

I'm sorry, where did I post they were dumb? And seriously, I pay to hear them sing.........

Is that OK, or must I think like them, and you also?

Dixie cup. See above.

South needle on compass

Sweet Home Alabama

Winn Dixie
Cotton
Pecans
Fried Chicken
Okra
Collard Greens
Low property taxes
"Weak" government.
Southern drawl...

I hate those hats. They are so stupid. They don't even look like hats half the time! :lol: Tell me you wouldn't feel stupid wearing a dumb hat like that?

I'd still look hawt, even in those hats

He compared Obama to hitler or some damn thing.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/10/0...rom-monday-night-football.html?referrer=&_r=0

Thanks. Although I do not agree with his comments (I do not think Obama is like Hitler), I do see that the push is on to pressure companies into being anti free speech. I do also understand the company's perspective though, in that they don't want to lose business by being associated with such a person.

While I think comparing Obama to Hitler is distasteful and not accurate at all, it is certainly our right to be critical of our president.
Thats the free market at work, not "anti free speech."

"Free speech" is a legal concept. A company has nothing to do with that, them banning a product is not a 1st amendment issue whatsoever and has zero to do with any law or.legal ban.

A lot of people miss the nuance there, but frankly - its baffing because it doesnt exactly take a.genius.

Same.with the conf flag.

It wasnt banned by any law. I dont know.any prominant taken seriously leader asking for that law, either.

This whole.issue is drama queening by the right b.c. voters who are paying taxes and dislike the flag wanted their tax money to stop endorsing the flag.

Its not that hard. Fly it loud and proud on your truck, panties and birthday cakes.

This is a poser comment.

If this was how you really felt, did you listen to Hank Williams? :D

This is a poser comment.

I'm sorry, where did I post they were dumb? And seriously, I pay to hear them sing.........

Is that OK, or must I think like them, and you also?
Your paying to hear them sing is irrelevant to whatever the fuck else they want to do.in their spare time

He compared Obama to hitler or some damn thing.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/10/0...rom-monday-night-football.html?referrer=&_r=0

Thanks. Although I do not agree with his comments (I do not think Obama is like Hitler), I do see that the push is on to pressure companies into being anti free speech. I do also understand the company's perspective though, in that they don't want to lose business by being associated with such a person.

While I think comparing Obama to Hitler is distasteful and not accurate at all, it is certainly our right to be critical of our president.
Thats the free market at work, not "anti free speech."

"Free speech" is a legal concept. A company has nothing to do with that, them banning a product is not a 1st amendment issue whatsoever and has zero to do with any law or.legal ban.

A lot of people miss the nuance there, but frankly - its baffing because it doesnt exactly take a.genius.

Same.with the conf flag.

It wasnt banned by any law. I dont know.any prominant taken seriously leader asking for that law, either.

This whole.issue is drama queening by the right b.c. voters who are paying taxes and dislike the flag wanted their tax money to stop endorsing the flag.

Its not that hard. Fly it loud and proud on your truck, panties and birthday cakes.

Please, we all know how people try to bully others. This is just bullying on a bigger level.

This is a poser comment.

No, i deteste boneheaded partisan drivel. And hes full.of it.

Dixie cup. See above.

South needle on compass

Sweet Home Alabama

Winn Dixie
Cotton
Pecans
Fried Chicken
Okra
Collard Greens
Low property taxes
"Weak" government.
Southern drawl...

I'd still look hawt, even in those hats

I remain skeptical. :p

This is a poser comment.

Hank wouldn't give a damn!

This is a poser comment.

No, i deteste boneheaded partisan drivel. And hes full.of it.

And that's how other people feel about other musicians/artists too! Lol! I also disagree that they are "far superior intellectually." Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Just because you can write songs or play an instrument doesn't mean you are "intelligent" in any way.

Forum List

Back