No Cake for You

Sure. It's an absolute point. Making the bakers bake the cake is showing them that homophobia is no longer acceptable, even if you dress it up in vestments and call it religion.

And it's a great thing. We should all be happy.

And government using it's power to force it's citizens to do your will gives you a nice big happy woody, doesn't it?
What gives me wood is when people know the difference between its and it's.

Actually I do know the difference, but I only edit my posts so far. The rare rate I get your internet censor pen pointed at me is a testament to that. Personally I think spelling trolling is about the lamest post possible, but you are the standard in lame.
If you knew the difference then you would have corrected your post, which you have yet to do.

Wow, I didn't realize with internet censor came with the power to tell people what to do with their posts. I see your attraction to the job, its right up your alley, you love power and it's benefits.
Once again you show you do not know the difference. Its benefits, not It Is benefits. And it is right up, not its right up. Learn English.

When did they promise to make an wedding cake for anyone who demanded it?

My business promises to serve no one but who we identify as customers we want. We do graphic design and marketing. We purposely overcharge some items for services we don't want to provide. People will come in and ask us to make one copy of their passport photo because we have digital presses and they think we make copies. We aren't Kinkos and don't want to be. Kinkos is set up for that. For me, it ties up my customer service people. So we charge $5 minimum. Some pay it actually and are fine. Still wasn't worth our time, but at least they appreciate we provided a service we don't say we provide. Some whine and say they won't be back. They don't grasp that's what we want...

Well, that has nothing to do with "We'll make wedding cakes, just not for gay people". Because that is against the law.

Probably is for printers as well.

When did they promise to make an wedding cake for anyone who demanded it?

My business promises to serve no one but who we identify as customers we want. We do graphic design and marketing. We purposely overcharge some items for services we don't want to provide. People will come in and ask us to make one copy of their passport photo because we have digital presses and they think we make copies. We aren't Kinkos and don't want to be. Kinkos is set up for that. For me, it ties up my customer service people. So we charge $5 minimum. Some pay it actually and are fine. Still wasn't worth our time, but at least they appreciate we provided a service we don't say we provide. Some whine and say they won't be back. They don't grasp that's what we want...

Well, that has nothing to do with "We'll make wedding cakes, just not for gay people". Because that is against the law.

Probably is for printers as well.

My VP of sales would probably object to that too since she's gay. I'm in favor of my competitors discriminating, more sales for me.

No business promises to do business with anyone. That's just stupid. We all have customers we do and don't want.

My VP of sales would probably object to that too since she's gay. I'm in favor of my competitors discriminating, more sales for me.

No business promises to do business with anyone. That's just stupid. We all have customers we do and don't want.

true enough. But when that customer has the money and they ask for something you promise to do, you really don't have a leg to stand on discriminating against them.

seriously, fuck these Christian Bakers. I'm glad they're losing their livelihoods.

I am still waiting for someone to present a cogent argument as to how baking a cake somehow is forcing the baker to betray his faith.

It doesn't. Baking the cake wasn't the problem. They were asked to bring the cake to the wedding these two were having. Personally, I would have made the cake and said, "Get someone else to take it to your wedding, you got what you paid for."

They would have fulfilled their end by making the cake, and fulfilled their religious convictions by not taking it to the wedding.

And I will posit this:

If you ask a devout Christian to betray his beliefs, he will not. If you ask a gay person to stop being gay, they will not. Understand now?
anyone who knows anything about wedding cakes knows the delivery is to the reception hall well in advance of the event. And most wedding cakes are disassembled for transport and most bakers do set them up for their customers

I know this because my mother used to bake cakes and I delivered and set up many wedding cakes with her.

So it is a stretch to say walking into an empty reception hall to delver a cake is a betrayal of faith

No it isn't. You do realize that weddings have to be coordinated right? Hence why the baker has to be in contact with the couple to deliver. Meaning they are involved in the events leading up wedding.

So now asking when a cake should be delivered is a violation of faith?

How many cakes did these so called deeply faithful people deliver to adulterers? Child molesters?

Blasphemers?

It's a crock of shit

Why is it you lefties don't get we are supposed to have freedom of association and the free exercise of religion, you don't give up those rights just to make an honest living.

Some people like to use religion in order to justify being bigoted assholes. Apparently the two dip-shits running the bakery were ignorant of the law. Sounds like they're too stupid to run a business.

What was it you said about assumptions?

The proof is in the pudding. I'm not the one who lost a business or had to pay a $150,000 fine.

So you agree that individuals lose their rights if they try to make an honest living, and you still call this a free country? Or should it be only as free as you want it to be?
In business your rights are limited. Now you know.

I sincerely hope they take it to the courts, I think in this case they will disagree and I'll be happy to contribute to that effort.

Actually they do, that is what the free exercise clause in about. The supreme court upheld that clause in the Hobby Lobby decision.

So we have a Supreme Court that's misinterpreting the Constitution. Not the first time.
Huh? Depends on where one stands and when.

Hobby Lobby was decided by a 5 - 4 vote. If by chance some judge had left the court by death or whatever a few years earlier or later than he did, a Democrat instead of a Republican President could have replaced him and the Hobby Lobby decision might have easily been 4 -5. Would that magically mean the the right decision had been reached,

in either case?

Why is it you lefties don't get we are supposed to have freedom of association and the free exercise of religion, you don't give up those rights just to make an honest living.
Actually you do give up those rights. When you get hired you work with and for people you otherwise wouldn't have dealings with, and you do as the boss says or you lose your job. You don't get to preach at work, or require that your employer fire all the ******* either because they aren't your kind eh?

Apples and oranges.

So we have a Supreme Court that's misinterpreting the Constitution. Not the first time.

Hobby Lobby was decided by a 5 - 4 vote. If by chance some judge had left the court by death or whatever a few years earlier or later than he did, a Democrat instead of a Republican President could have replaced him and the Hobby Lobby decision might have easily been 4 -5. Would that magically mean the the right decision had been reached,

in either case?

Actually you do give up those rights. When you get hired you work with and for people you otherwise wouldn't have dealings with, and you do as the boss says or you lose your job. You don't get to preach at work, or require that your employer fire all the ******* either because they aren't your kind eh?

Apples and oranges.
Not at all. In order to make money compromises are required. In this case that includes baking cakes for whoever can pay for them. You can run the No ******* private club but not the No ******* Oil and Gas. It just works out better for everyone that way.

in either case?

Apples and oranges.
Not at all. In order to make money compromises are required. In this case that includes baking cakes for whoever can pay for them. You can run the No ******* private club but not the No ******* Oil and Gas. It just works out better for everyone that way.

You still haven't figured out the distinction drawn by the court between mega-corporations and closely held companies like sole proprietorships.

But this is???

Sure. It's an absolute point. Making the bakers bake the cake is showing them that homophobia is no longer acceptable, even if you dress it up in vestments and call it religion.

And government using it's power to force it's citizens to do your will gives you a nice big happy woody, doesn't it?

Actually I do know the difference, but I only edit my posts so far. The rare rate I get your internet censor pen pointed at me is a testament to that. Personally I think spelling trolling is about the lamest post possible, but you are the standard in lame.
If you knew the difference then you would have corrected your post, which you have yet to do.

Guy gets wood from grammar and punctuation.

Party on dude!

in either case?

Apples and oranges.

You still haven't figured out the distinction drawn by the court between mega-corporations and closely held companies like sole proprietorships.
Couldn't care less in this case, since it doesn't matter. If you serve the public, bake the stupid cake.

Guy gets wood from grammar and punctuation.

Party on dude!
Among other things.
Tanya-Chalkin.jpg

Apples and oranges.

Couldn't care less in this case, since it doesn't matter. If you serve the public, bake the stupid cake.

Like I said I hope this is appealed to the courts to put a stop to this shit once and for all.

Apples and oranges.

Like I said I hope this is appealed to the courts to put a stop to this shit once and for all.
PA laws aren't going anywhere. They have been around for decades. You'll just have to deal with it.

Apples and oranges.

PA laws aren't going anywhere. They have been around for decades. You'll just have to deal with it.

Funny, I seem to remember you lefties talking this same shit prior to the Hobby Lobby decision, how'd that work for ya?

Funny, I seem to remember you lefties talking this same shit prior to the Hobby Lobby decision, how'd that work for ya?
Apples and Oranges.

Apples and Oranges.

Keep telling yourself that, I'm done with this circle jerk.

Apples and Oranges.

Keep telling yourself that, I'm done with this circle jerk.
That's good, since you are banging your head against 60 years of court decisions that ruled against you.

Forum List

Back