No Federal Aid for Harvey, none! Both voted no for Sandy relief

It doesn't seem to be that big of storm.

A cat 4 is pretty damn big.
It's the same size as Ike that devastated Galveston and Houston in 08 and at the cost of 37.5 billion in damages,which ranks third in damages from hurricanes in the US.

The categories refer to wind speed, not size. And in the warmth and shallow sections of the Gulf, TSs grow quickly, quicker than in the Gulf.

I know all about hurricanes given that I've been through around a half dozen in my lifetime.
And no they dont grow in the shallows they actually get weaker.
Deep warm water is the reason Harvy grew so fast and the shallow water along the coast is why it stalled out just offshore of Corpus.

8.5 % state sales tax = State income tax

It is a sale tax and not a income tax.

But the state that I lived in had no sales tax but an income tax......of course I didn't pay it since I never gave up my residency in Texas. I skated for nearly three years while I was there.

But, but, but.... Who cares? You're wrong. Sales tax is NOT an income tax.

Do you understand that rich people use the loophole of states without income tax all the time? Many athletes have homes in Florida just so they can get out of paying millions in income taxes.

So the fuck what? They still pay a consumption tax and property taxes regardless of whether their income is FURTHER taxed by the state they reside in. People don't get out of paying the illegal tax on their earnings by living in a state like Texas or Florida, they simply avoid yet ANOTHER income tax. It really does piss off little welfare loving marxists fucks like you, doesn't it?

You are brain dead. You are arguing a wrong point into the ground. Do you understand you are only making yourself look even dumber than usual?

Lewdog SEZ??????? "People are cheating da gubermint and not paying enough taxes do you hear me do you?????"

A state sales tax and a state income tax are the same thing. If you have one, you will not have the other.

That could put Texas Republican Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz-- and Vice President Mike Pence -- in a political bind, forcing them to choose between quick aid and their own past demands for spending cuts to offset emergency disaster funds.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-25/hurricane-harvey-puts-cruz-cornyn-in-political-bind-over-aid

Let them start a state income tax like MI has and use that money. No state aid to Texas. Its only fair.

I'm sure Texans will be fine afterwards. We take care of our own.

And really...sandy is the example you're using, I live in the effected area of sandy, it was jack shit. There have been 10s maybe even hundreds of more destructive hurricanes than sandy. OMG sandy took down so many power lines...and the energy company unions had so much trouble following their rules to get them back up...
Good to hear

Given we have a debt ceiling coming up, glad to hear Texas will not require federal funds

I am sure Ted Cruz and Cornyn will be to proud to ask for them. Texans are like that

Texas does not have a state income tax and I live in Texas. We have Sales and Property Taxes and other taxes like State Inspection stickers...

But the state that I lived in had no sales tax but an income tax......of course I didn't pay it since I never gave up my residency in Texas. I skated for nearly three years while I was there.

Do you understand that rich people use the loophole of states without income tax all the time? Many athletes have homes in Florida just so they can get out of paying millions in income taxes.

George H.W. Bush kept a residency in Texas so he would dodge the State Income Taxes.

I lived in Washington state where there was no income tax and shopped in Portland where there was no sales taxes at the time.
It's the same size as Ike that devastated Galveston and Houston in 08 and at the cost of 37.5 billion in damages,which ranks third in damages from hurricanes in the US.

Yep, and less than 48 hours ago it was just a little ol tropical storm.....imagine that? BTW, since 1/3 of all oil refineries are in the path of this storm? You can count on a big time increase in gasoline......mark my words. This is the reason that this storm was artificially manufactured.

It's a little too far south to really affect the refineries.

Wanna bet? Houston and Baytown flood out after 10 inches of rain. We are talking about 40 plus inches in a VERY short time. If I am wrong? I will admit it but I don't believe that I am. The technology to kill the storm dead in the water (literally) could have stopped this.

It takes more than a little flooding to shut down the refineries.
I worked in the Oil industry for years and know what I speak of.
The only way it becomes a real problem is if the roads become impassible to eighteen wheelers which isnt likely.

Victoria and Rockport are going to get hit hard and your region is getting a lot of rain but if anyone has lived here know this region drains fast when the rain stops...

Yeah...I'm not worried about this hurricane at all.

The categories refer to wind speed, not size. And in the warmth and shallow sections of the Gulf, TSs grow quickly, quicker than in the Gulf.

I know all about hurricanes given that I've been through around a half dozen in my lifetime.
Deep warm water is the reason Harvy grew so fast and the shallow water along the coast is why it stalled out just offshore of Corpus.

Deep, warm water with a little help from the geo-engineering folks.........a T.S to a category 4 storm in 48 hours? Not hardly.....

So the fuck what? They still pay a consumption tax and property taxes regardless of whether their income is FURTHER taxed by the state they reside in. People don't get out of paying the illegal tax on their earnings by living in a state like Texas or Florida, they simply avoid yet ANOTHER income tax. It really does piss off little welfare loving marxists fucks like you, doesn't it?

You are brain dead. You are arguing a wrong point into the ground. Do you understand you are only making yourself look even dumber than usual?

Lewdog SEZ??????? "People are cheating da gubermint and not paying enough taxes do you hear me do you?????"

A state sales tax and a state income tax are the same thing. If you have one, you will not have the other.

WRONG. There are only 7 states without income tax. There are only 5 states without sales tax. How many times are you going to be wrong in this thread?

WRONG. There are only 7 states without income tax. There are only 5 states without sales tax. How many times are you going to be wrong in this thread?

Dipshit, I lived in Michigan......state income tax, no sales tax unless it was tobacco and alcohol. If there are two states that put up with a state income tax on TOP of a sales tax? They deserve all the shit that they get. Like I have said before, how much taxes must people pay in order to support ne'er-do-wells like yourself? Really pissed that rich people live in states without a state income tax are ya? Afraid that you might not get your "cut"? I would flush this fiat currency down the commode before I would pass it off to worthless fucks like you.....sincerely, I would.

Deep, warm water with a little help from the geo-engineering folks.........a T.S to a category 4 storm in 48 hours? Not hardly.....

Why haven't you been mocked into oblivion yet? Who is holding you up? Why have you no shame?

Dipshit, I lived in Michigan......state income tax, no sales tax unless it was tobacco and alcohol. If there are two states that put up with a state income tax on TOP of a sales tax? They deserve all the shit that they get. Like I have said before, how much taxes must people pay in order to support ne'er-do-wells like yourself? Really pissed that rich people live in states without a state income tax are ya? Afraid that you might not get your "cut"? I would flush this fiat currency down the commode before I would pass it off to worthless fucks like you.....sincerely, I would.

Great try to pivot from telling a lie. Guess what? You still lose. You are wrong again.

No help required, that IS the Gulf. A TS to Cat. 4 in 48 hours is not that unusual:
  • Fastest intensification from a tropical storm to a Category 5 hurricane (1-minute sustained surface winds) – 24 hours
    Wilma 2005 – 70 mph (110 km/h) to 170 mph (275 km/h) – from 0600 UTC October 18 to 0600 UTC October 19
Harvey took over 56 hours in reality.

No help required, that IS the Gulf. A TS to Cat. 4 in 48 hours is not that unusual:
  • Fastest intensification from a tropical storm to a Category 5 hurricane (1-minute sustained surface winds) – 24 hours
    Wilma 2005 – 70 mph (110 km/h) to 170 mph (275 km/h) – from 0600 UTC October 18 to 0600 UTC October 19

Wilma and Katrina were artificially manipulated and intentionally steered towards their targets.

Texas does not have a state income tax and I live in Texas. We have Sales and Property Taxes and other taxes like State Inspection stickers...

Actually Texas is a Marxist state, they hate the Fed gov aid to others except when they need it. We pay 6% sales tax here and 4.35% state income tax and 1% city tax. We also pay property tax, and NJ and NY have high taxes which were hit the hardest by Sandy.

Time for Texas to raise taxes since the love Fed aid.

Wilma and Katrina were artificially manipulated and intentionally steered towards their targets.

Why won't USMB conservatives shun this fool? Do you need him for something?

As a storm grows, it goes through a series of stages before being classified as a hurricane. It might start as a collection of thunderstorms known as a tropical disturbance. Then, with cyclonic circulation, wind speeds get faster and the storm becomes a tropical depression. If the wind keeps getting faster, the storm becomes a tropical storm and then a hurricane if winds are more than 74 miles per hour (mph).

The classifications are based on the wind speeds in the storm, not the size of the storm. Hurricanes that look small on radar can have very high wind speeds. And large storms can have low wind speeds. Wind speeds in hurricanes are often measured in knots. Compared to a mile per hour, knots are a little bit faster. Thirty miles per hour are about the same as 26 knots.
Shallow is a relative term, the deeper the body of water, the colder the water.Gulfs are shallow compared to oceans and seas generally. I have lived no more than 1.5 hours from the ocean my entire life, usually closer.

Harvey took over 56 hours in reality.[/QUOTE

Why won't USMB conservatives shun this fool? Do you need him for something?

Debate me, LL.....you REALLY believe that I make these claims lightly? That this is just "off the cuff" remarks?

Just because I cover topics that fly over your head at MACH 1 doesn't mean that my claims are not without validity.......

That could put Texas Republican Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz-- and Vice President Mike Pence -- in a political bind, forcing them to choose between quick aid and their own past demands for spending cuts to offset emergency disaster funds.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-25/hurricane-harvey-puts-cruz-cornyn-in-political-bind-over-aid

Let them start a state income tax like MI has and use that money. No state aid to Texas. Its only fair.
So then you were against federal relief for Sandy. Could you explain why?

FYI there was federal relief for Sandy, jackass.

Last edited:

As a storm grows, it goes through a series of stages before being classified as a hurricane. It might start as a collection of thunderstorms known as a tropical disturbance. Then, with cyclonic circulation, wind speeds get faster and the storm becomes a tropical depression. If the wind keeps getting faster, the storm becomes a tropical storm and then a hurricane if winds are more than 74 miles per hour (mph).

The classifications are based on the wind speeds in the storm, not the size of the storm. Hurricanes that look small on radar can have very high wind speeds. And large storms can have low wind speeds. Wind speeds in hurricanes are often measured in knots. Compared to a mile per hour, knots are a little bit faster. Thirty miles per hour are about the same as 26 knots.
Shallow is a relative term, the deeper the body of water, the colder the water.Gulfs are shallow compared to oceans and seas generally. I have lived no more than 1.5 hours from the ocean my entire life, usually closer.

Educate yourself............this is a simplistic explanation and it is short. There are better ones that are more complicated and longer but THIS is a good one for those just learning this technology.

Really? And what ocean are you referring to?
I noticed you didnt say Gulf which leads me to believe you dont know shit about how Gulf hurricanes act.

I've lived on the Gulf for over 45 years...

Forum List

Back