No Federal Aid for Harvey, none! Both voted no for Sandy relief

That could put Texas Republican Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz-- and Vice President Mike Pence -- in a political bind, forcing them to choose between quick aid and their own past demands for spending cuts to offset emergency disaster funds.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-25/hurricane-harvey-puts-cruz-cornyn-in-political-bind-over-aid

Let them start a state income tax like MI has and use that money. No state aid to Texas. Its only fair.

I'm sure Texans will be fine afterwards. We take care of our own.

And really...sandy is the example you're using, I live in the effected area of sandy, it was jack shit. There have been 10s maybe even hundreds of more destructive hurricanes than sandy. OMG sandy took down so many power lines...and the energy company unions had so much trouble following their rules to get them back up...
Good to hear

Given we have a debt ceiling coming up, glad to hear Texas will not require federal funds

I am sure Ted Cruz and Cornyn will be to proud to ask for them. Texans are like that
. Texas ain't New Orleans that's for sure. There won't be the Demon-crat dependency in Texas like there was in Louisiana/New Orleans.

Want to bet.
. You already got reports coming in from your dependent groups in the area ? How many did y'all create there in Texas ? You might be right.

Forum List

Back