No firearms in Australia

Australia has a far lower homicide rate than the U.S.
But they allow no firearms to most of their population, so how did this KNOWN criminal get one?

Probably through a long, dangerous process of procuring one in the black market.
BUT BUT, according to Noomi and the rest of you bed wetters if laws are so strict that law abiding citizens can not get firearms the same will be true of criminals right?

No, that's generally not right.

I don't ever see anyone argue that criminals will never get guns. Perhaps you can link someone who does.

The argument is that restricting access guns will limit the availability of deadly weapons and fewer people in total will die.

For retarded gunnery sargeant to win an argument, she must mis-characterize or over-simplify the opposition. Pretty much the same with all gun nuts.
Compared to you, who merely has to lie to herself.

What how can this be? An armed person taking Hostages, a criminal at that. I thought Australia had strict firearms laws?

Gunman and Two Others Dead in Sydney Hostage Crisis - Yahoo

Where is Noomi to assure us all this is a hoax?

The rate of gun ownership in Australia is about 15 guns per 100 people. Compared to 112 per 100 in the US. Unsurprisingly, the gun death rates are a fraction of what they are here. With 226 gun deaths in 2012 compared with 32,000 in the US.

Now, Australia is smaller in population, at about 23 million in 2012 compared to 314 million in the US during the same year. But even adjusting for population the gun death rate in the US is more than 10 times higher.

What how can this be? An armed person taking Hostages, a criminal at that. I thought Australia had strict firearms laws?

Homicide in Australia went up 9.6% since they grabbed their guns.

In 1996, 311 people were murdered in Australia. In 2014, 238. This despite Australia's population increasing by about 30% during the same time period.

In 1996, 311 people were murdered in Australia. In 2014, 238. This despite Australia's population increasing by about 30% during the same time period.
True, but I was looking at the years immediatly after. But the falling homide rate is not linked to gun availability. For example in the US:
image.png

But they allow no firearms to most of their population, so how did this KNOWN criminal get one?

Probably through a long, dangerous process of procuring one in the black market.

long, dangerous process of procuring one in the black market.
--LOL

it is as easy as one two three

BUT BUT, according to Noomi and the rest of you bed wetters if laws are so strict that law abiding citizens can not get firearms the same will be true of criminals right?

yeah and they are an island ta boot

Yes. That is why they have such a lower homicide rate.

There also over 90% white, amazing what a difference that makes to the homicide rate.

Before gun control their homicide rate was very close to the U.S.

liar

True, but I was looking at the years immediatly after. But the falling homide rate is not linked to gun availability. For example in the US:
View attachment 56506

AEI is the American Enterprise Institute. They have nothing to do with Australia or its gun death rate.

In Australia, gun deaths are down. Homicide is down. Suicides are down. With gun deaths being about 1/10th that of the US, adjusted for population. And about 1/140th without that adjustment.

yeah and they are an island ta boot

What about Israel? They have strict gun laws and their extremists can only get knives...

In Australia, gun deaths are down. Homicide is down. Suicides are down. With gun deaths being about 1/10th that of the US, adjusted for population. And about 1/140th without that adjustment.
In the US, All violent crime is down >50% since 1993
Yet, there are scored of millions more guns than in 1993
What's that tell you?

What's that tell you?

Violent Crime is down about 36% since 1993.

There are about 100,000,000 more guns in the US.

However......the percentage of families that own guns has plummeted by a third. And personal gun ownership is down by about a fifth.

What does that tell you?

What's that tell you?
However......the percentage of families that own guns has plummeted by a third. And personal gun ownership is down by about a fifth.
What does that tell you?
Violent crime fell from 747.1/100k in 1993 to 365.6/100k in 2014.
That's a 51% decrease.

There are 100,000,000 more guns... since 2009.

It tells me you cannot answer my question.

View attachment 56506

AEI is the American Enterprise Institute. They have nothing to do with Australia or its gun death rate.

Read what I write. I said it was US. Homicides are down in the US as 57,000 guns are sold each day in the US.

What's that tell you?
What does that tell you?
That's a 51% decrease.

I noticed you didn't touch the gun ownership rates with a 10 foot pole. Why is that, do you think?

View attachment 56506

Read what I write. I said it was US. Homicides are down in the US as 57,000 guns are sold each day in the US.

So you've essentially just abandoned the Australia discussion in total.

And there are lots of guns sold in the US. Mostly to people that already have them. As the gun ownership rates have plummeted. Down to about 1 in 5 from a high of 1 in 2.

What's that tell you?
What does that tell you?
That's a 51% decrease.
I noticed you didn't touch the gun ownership rates with a 10 foot pole. Why is that, do you think?
I still don't see an answer to my question.
Maybe you missed it, I'll ask again:

Violent crime fell 51% from 1993 to 2014.
There are at least 100,000,000 more guns than in 1993
What does that tell you?

You shall now avoid the question, for the third time.

What's that tell you?
What does that tell you?
That's a 51% decrease.

What does that tell you?

Like you're avoiding my question about gun ownership rates? You wouldn't even acknowledge I asked the question a couple of posts ago.

Australia saw a reduction in gun ownership rates and a reduction in crime. We saw a reduction of gun ownership rates and a reduction in crime.

Coincidence? Selling new guns to the same people doesn't seem to have much to do with crime rates. While a reduction in the number of people that have guns and a reduction in crime seem to go together like peas and carrots.

What's that tell you?
What does that tell you?
That's a 51% decrease.

What does that tell you?

Like you're avoiding my question about gun ownership rates?
Red herring,. You haven't answered my question, so, there no reason form to address yours.
The US saw a 51% decrease in violent crime 1993-2014, with a 100,000,000+ increase in the number of guns.
What does that tell you?

Forum List

Back