No, Hillary Clinton Was Not A 'Birther'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
he following post first appeared on FactCheck.org.
RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft

Donald Trump again has repeated the false claim that Hillary Clinton “started” the so-called “birther” movement against Barack Obama in 2008.

As we wrote last year, there’s no evidence that Clinton or her campaign had anything to do with bogus claims that Obama wasn’t born in the United States and thus was ineligible to be president.

What we do know, as we wrote in November 2008, is that some of Clinton’s most loyal supporters pushed that theory during that year’s presidential campaign.

Trump previously linked Clinton to the “birther” movement during a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference in February 2015. On Sept. 22, 2015, hetweeted, “Just remember, the birther movement was started by Hillary Clinton in 2008. She was all in!” He made the claim most recently during a May 4 interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.

Trump, May 4: Do you know who started the “birther” movement? Do you know who started it? Do you know who questioned his birth certificate? One of the firsts? Hillary Clinton. She’s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.​

But Trump’s campaign has never provided any evidence that claims that Obama was not born in the U.S. originated with Clinton or her campaign.

More: Hillary Clinton Wasn't A 'Birther' Like Donald Trump Claims

Trump's false claim against Hillary has been thoroughly debunked.

Does it really matter ?

They'll paint each other with lies for the next seven months.

I can't wait for it to be over.

RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft

Donald Trump again has repeated the false claim that Hillary Clinton “started” the so-called “birther” movement against Barack Obama in 2008.

As we wrote last year, there’s no evidence that Clinton or her campaign had anything to do with bogus claims that Obama wasn’t born in the United States and thus was ineligible to be president.

What we do know, as we wrote in November 2008, is that some of Clinton’s most loyal supporters pushed that theory during that year’s presidential campaign.

Trump previously linked Clinton to the “birther” movement during a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference in February 2015. On Sept. 22, 2015, hetweeted, “Just remember, the birther movement was started by Hillary Clinton in 2008. She was all in!” He made the claim most recently during a May 4 interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.

Trump, May 4: Do you know who started the “birther” movement? Do you know who started it? Do you know who questioned his birth certificate? One of the firsts? Hillary Clinton. She’s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.​

But Trump’s campaign has never provided any evidence that claims that Obama was not born in the U.S. originated with Clinton or her campaign.

And since when did you ever care about the truth ?

That's new.

MEREDITH VIEIRA:
Do you think given all the issues that this country is facing that this is something that resonates with the public? That they care about this?

DONALD TRUMP:
The Constitution of the United States…great document. And you agree with it?

MEREDITH VIEIRA:
Yeah, sure.

DONALD TRUMP:
It says you have to be born in this country. Essential. Have to be born in this country, okay? If he wasn’t born in this country, he has conned the whole world.

MEREDITH VIEIRA:
But you’re saying it’s a con. That’s what you’re saying.

DONALD TRUMP:
I’m not saying anything. I’m saying–

MEREDITH VIEIRA:
Sure you are.

DONALD TRUMP:
I am saying I want to see the birth certificate. It’s very simple. I want to see the birth certificate. How come his own family doesn’t know which hospital he was born in? How come– forget about birth certificates. Let’s say there’s no birth certificate. How come in the hospital itself, okay? This is one of the…in the hospital itself, there’s no records of his birth. In other words, it doesn’t say how much they paid, where is the doctor, here’s your room bill. You know, all the

MEREDITH VIEIRA:
You’ve been privy to all of this to know this?

DONALD TRUMP:
Well, I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they’re talking.

MEREDITH VIEIRA:
You have people now out there searching– I mean, in Hawaii?

DONALD TRUMP:
Absolutely. And they cannot believe what they’re finding. And I’m serious

Read more: Trump: My investigators in Hawaii can’t believe what they are finding » The Right Scoop -

as usual Donnie never said another damn word about the BC .. and I'm serious.

if Ms Clinton's entourage pushed the birther movement and she did not repudiate it----then she tacitly supported it-------SO THERE!!!! not that I care about the birther movement-------Obama is a nice guy, very intelligent and charming-----(IMHO) and, probably, honest (IMHO) but not up to his present job description

It's just one more in the loooong list of lies that seep out of trump's body on a daily basis. This is who this guy is, he thinks because 35% of the Republicans were fooled by everything he said that the entire population will be as well.

He is way overdue for a yooge dose of reality.

It's just one more in the loooong list of lies that seep out of trump's body on a daily basis. This is who this guy is, he thinks because 35% of the Republicans were fooled by everything he said that the entire population will be as well.

He is way overdue for a yooge dose of reality.

it's not really a LIE------it is just a silly detail-----he should not have said it

This is going to be the most awesome election cycle in awhile, Is Hillary really willing to risk a "Donald Trump is dishonest" campaign? I doubt that given her own track record.

As for the OP, dropped on your head one too many times as a child I assume?

the Republicans are still running the race after it been over for years even though they lost.

they need to ask themselves why they are losers,

This is going to be the most awesome election cycle in awhile, Is Hillary really willing to risk a "Donald Trump is dishonest" campaign? I doubt that given her own track record.

fair? and balanced? -----you have finally made a FAIR. BALANCED----remark

EVERYTHING I say is both fair and balanced. You'll notice when I'm in a thread if the liberal position is correct I'll defend it and get liberals thanking me, if the conservative position is correct I'll defend it and get thanks from conservatives. I don't give a fuck which side is right or wrong. I only care about positions.

Donald Trump may or may not be a liar, but Hillary Clinton absolutely is a liar. Simple as that.

EVERYTHING I say is both fair and balanced. You'll notice when I'm in a thread if the liberal position is correct I'll defend it and get liberals thanking me, if the conservative position is correct I'll defend it and get thanks from conservatives. I don't give a fuck which side is right or wrong. I only care about positions.

Donald Trump may or may not be a liar, but Hillary Clinton absolutely is a liar. Simple as that.

ok----fair and balanced statement NUMBER 2-------I have never noticed the LAUDS that you CLAIM

well, here's his list of lies Mr Fair n Balanced

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

now get off the damn fence and call a liar a liar.

It was started by a Hillary PAC during the 2008 primaries. But now, one thing that Trump and his dumbed-down support base doesn't seem to comprehend, is that by federal campaign law, a candidate has no contact with PAC groups and no control over what they do whatsoever. This recently came up with Ted Cruz and the wives controversy, where Trump accused Cruz of going after Melania... it was an anti-Trump PAC who did that... not Ted Cruz. As a matter of FEC rules and federal law, Ted Cruz has nothing to do with what PACs do.

So the Birther movement was started by a pro-Hillary PAC group, not Hillary. And Americans need to start learning the new CFR laws and what PACs are in existence for and what they can do. The are NOT part of the campaign team, they have no loyalty to the wishes of the candidate, the candidate can't direct them in ANY way... they can't even contact them without violating federal election laws. They are purely autonomous groups who are responsible for their own actions.

Forum List

Back