🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No Longer David:*The State of Israel As Goliath

I was not aware of that. I've never been sufficiently interested in the wrap-around details to go looking, quite honestly, but, if that's the case (and I have no reason to doubt you on that score, then) that is, indeed, an interesting sidebar-fact about the case. Thanks.
Too bad that "no reason to doubt" doesn't swing both ways in your world.

Indeed.

Super mooch, Israel, has all the latest weaponry where the Palestinians are a virtually defenseless civilian population.

It is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Brave the IDF are.:lol::lol::lol:
Yeah, given that they've kicked Arab ass on multiple occasions, against very long odds - yeah, they are brave.

And, Hamas, et al, have enough automatic small-arms, RPGs, anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles, and enough short and medium-range rockets to choke a horse, even without such.

They are far from defenseless... they just don't have or operate the heavy stuff.

And yet, they're foolish enough to keep launching rocket-barrages against a nearby military power that DOES have the heavy stuff.

Not the brightest crayons in the box.

Don't want to be in the barrel?

Don't fire the rockets.

Simple.

Their choice.

Crock of crap post.
Not really.

Cross-out the disputed missile references and it's golden, and rock-solid.

Stop firing rockets, and the killing stops.

anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles
How many tanks (and bulldozers) and airplanes have Hamas taken out?
Rueuters has been reporting shipments of anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles from Libya to Hamas, for years. The Israelis assert this. The PA denies it.

As to how many planes or tanks have been taken-out by such weapons, I have seen no references to quantities nor condition nor age, but I do not believe that a single plane nor tank has been taken-out by Hamas using such munitions.

Then again, if they aim such weaponry with the same skill with which they negotiate and fight, then missing by a country mile, over and over again, is well within the realm of possibility - even likelihood...
tongue_smile.gif

If they have them, they have them... if they don't, they dont. They've still got a big enough arsenal to choke a horse.

The rest of the post stands intact.

Last edited:
Rueuters has been reporting shipments of anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles from Libya to Hamas, for years. The Israelis assert this. The PA denies it.
What's wrong with that?

Don't they have a right to defend themselves?

Weapons are the usual way one does that, you know.

I'm afraid that for tinny, and the other haters, life for them will always be a series of disappointments, failures and regrets that their jooooo hating fantasies aren't fulfilled.
You call other people "haters", yet you spew hatred in every single post.

And she cannot learn how to spell Jew either.

Looks like Mrs. Sherri thinks she is the English teacher here. Many of your friends here make mistakes in spelling and grammar, and only a petty person would point it out. As far as haters go, you can count yourself as one of the biggest haters on this board. No matter what is happening in the different Arab countries with regard to innocent people, be they Muslims or Christians, being murdered, all you want to do is bash the Jews.

I was not aware of that. I've never been sufficiently interested in the wrap-around details to go looking, quite honestly, but, if that's the case (and I have no reason to doubt you on that score, then) that is, indeed, an interesting sidebar-fact about the case. Thanks.
Too bad that "no reason to doubt" doesn't swing both ways in your world.
I don't know what that means, in this context.

Its usage was an implicit: "I do not know you and have not been tracking your posts very well to-date but I'm sure that such a claim is easy enough to substantiate through online research, and I really don't feel like digging into that new sidebar just now, so, reasonably confident - based upon what I've seen of your online personality manifestation to date - that you would not voice such a claim that could so easily be set aside with quick research if it were not true, I'll give you the benefit of a doubt until such time (if ever) as you are ever caught egregiously bullshitting, and I will at present accept what you say as a likely truism, in the narrow and modest context of the present exchange - subject to a right to change my mind later, if I subsequently learn otherwise."

The phrase: "I have no reason to doubt you on that score." seemed a little more succinct.

And, do I more frequently extend the 'benefit of a doubt' to those whose views more closely align with my own, than I do to those whose views run contrary to my own?

Yep. I do it all the time. Both consciously and unconsciously.

We all do, to some extent or another.

It's just that some of us have more trouble admitting it than others.

It's just that some of us allow that to functionally impede us more often than others.

It's part-and-parcel of the human condition.

So long as we're honest about it, and compensate as best we can when it threatens to impair judgment or functionality in some important matter, it's well within the range of normal thought and behaviors.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

Just watched with a careful eye.

Last edited:
You call other people "haters", yet you spew hatred in every single post.

And she cannot learn how to spell Jew either.

Looks like Mrs. Sherri thinks she is the English teacher here. Many of your friends here make mistakes in spelling and grammar, and only a petty person would point it out. As far as haters go, you can count yourself as one of the biggest haters on this board. No matter what is happening in the different Arab countries with regard to innocent people, be they Muslims or Christians, being murdered, all you want to do is bash the Jews.
Not to mention having zero sense of humor, so that an obviously intentional and humorous spelling of 'jews', directed against Jew-haters, as a comical poke in the ribs, totally escapes her.

Ordinarily, my money would be on the person merely behaving in an obtuse manner and feigning a lack of a sense of humor.

That is not where I would place my money-bet, in this instance.
wink_smile.gif

What's wrong with that? Don't they have a right to defend themselves? Weapons are the usual way one does that, you know.
That was served-up as counterpoint to Tinny's propagandist contention that Hamas et al are 'defenseless', to use his verbiage.

I did not comment upon the rightness nor wrongness of Hamas possessing them, nor imply such.

Years ago there was a poster whose young cousin was in this restaurant with her parents, and the young girl had to have her leg amputated, undergo several surgeries, but unfortunately died. There was also an American documentary maker in their filming. He was severely injured, but wanted to go back to the States for rehabilitation. There was a thread on a Bronx Board asking for donations for him from those who knew him from the Catholic High School he had attended. My computer is acting up this morning, so just Google Mike's Place Bombing, and you can read all about it.

Hossfly,

We have heard about this Zionist fantasy revolving around Mikes Place from you for years, and never do you have a link, you never do and some things never change.
As Sally said in her last post, Google "Mike's Place".

I don't know what that means, in this context.

Its usage was an implicit: "I do not know you and have not been tracking your posts very well to-date but I'm sure that such a claim is easy enough to substantiate through online research, and I really don't feel like digging into that new sidebar just now, so, reasonably confident - based upon what I've seen of your online personality manifestation to date - that you would not voice such a claim that could so easily be set aside with quick research if it were not true, I'll give you the benefit of a doubt until such time (if ever) as you are ever caught egregiously bullshitting, and I will at present accept what you say as a likely truism, in the narrow and modest context of the present exchange - subject to a right to change my mind later, if I subsequently learn otherwise."

The phrase: "I have no reason to doubt you on that score." seemed a little more succinct.

And, do I more frequently extend the 'benefit of a doubt' to those whose views more closely align with my own, than I do to those whose views run contrary to my own?

Yep. I do it all the time. Both consciously and unconsciously.

We all do, to some extent or another.

It's just that some of us have more trouble admitting it than others.

It's just that some of us allow that to functionally impede us more often than others.

It's part-and-parcel of the human condition.

So long as we're honest about it, and compensate as best we can when it threatens to impair judgment or functionality in some important matter, it's well within the range of normal thought and behaviors.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

Just watched with a careful eye.
I pretty much agree with that, except for the part about "compensating as best we can". I don't see that in your posts.

I think you think, "It's a human condition" and as such, I'm under no obligation to issue out equal "doubts of reason". Sometimes you do, most of the time you don't. But that's just my observation.

Only you know whether I'm right or wrong on this.

That was served-up as counterpoint to Tinny's propagandist contention that Hamas et al are 'defenseless', to use his verbiage.

I did not comment upon the rightness nor wrongness of Hamas possessing them, nor imply such.
They're defenseless in the way if Israel wanted to bring the entire might of their military down on Gaza, there's nothing Hamas could do about it.

But generally speaking, I would not say they're defenseless.

They're defenseless in the way if Israel wanted to bring the entire might of their military down on Gaza, there's nothing Hamas could do about it.

But generally speaking, I would not say they're defenseless.

How curious that Israel acts with such restraint. In spite of continual attacks upon its citizens, Israel chooses to act in measured responses to islamist terrorist attacks.

Massacring 344 children in Cast Lead is not what I call acceptable restraint by Israel, nor is it action lawful under intl law, nor is it proportionate response to indiscriminate rockets that have killed no more than 36 Israelis in the past decade!

Seems I overstated fatalities quiet a bit, if we were to accept Wikipedia as a source, that is, they report the number of Israelis killed by rockets since 2001 is 13, not 36.

Last edited:
Years ago there was a poster whose young cousin was in this restaurant with her parents, and the young girl had to have her leg amputated, undergo several surgeries, but unfortunately died. There was also an American documentary maker in their filming. He was severely injured, but wanted to go back to the States for rehabilitation. There was a thread on a Bronx Board asking for donations for him from those who knew him from the Catholic High School he had attended. My computer is acting up this morning, so just Google Mike's Place Bombing, and you can read all about it.

Hossfly,

We have heard about this Zionist fantasy revolving around Mikes Place from you for years, and never do you have a link, you never do and some things never change.

She is either too lazy or doesn't want to hear the truth. Additionally, let's face it. She doesn't care about innocent people being harmed if she can't blame Israel for it. For all we know, she herself might hide some terrorists in her own home if they were willing to take out some Jews for her.

Mike's Place suicide bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hossfly,

She is either too lazy or doesn't want to hear the truth. Additionally, let's face it. She doesn't care about innocent people being harmed if she can't blame Israel for it. For all we know, she herself might hide some terrorists in her own home if they were willing to take out some Jews for her.

What does this have to do with the thread topic?

What does this have to do with the thread topic?

Poor Mrs. Sherri. She doesn't seem to comprehend that since Rachel Corrie was brought up once again, the story about the bombing at Mike's Place is very relevant to this. I guess it doesn't bother her that even an innocent American was badly wounded by one of her terrorist friends.

Massacring 344 children in Cast Lead is not what I call acceptable restraint by Israel, nor is it action lawful under intl law, nor is it proportionate response to indiscriminate rockets that have killed no more than 36 Israelis in the past decade!

Seems I overstated fatalities quiet a bit, if we were to accept Wikipedia as a source, that is, they report the number of Israelis killed by rockets since 2001 is 13, not 36.
The phony melodrama makes you look even more pompous than usual.

Forum List

Back