No one white today owned slaves but most whites today benefitted from the 100 years after slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do that but this thread is not about slavery. It is about the 100 years after slavery and how laws and policies made during that time befitted whites to include whites living right now. You've not experienced black racism. I know you don't have the intelligence to understand how I can say this, but you haven't. You are the one who is part of the problem because you think you are making sense but your argument is full of inconsistent thinking, is off topic and based upon false equivalences and inaccurate depictions of history..

Whites did not die to fight against slavery but again that is not what the OP was about.
Laws in ONLY THE SOUTHEAST. Blacks didn't just live in the old south. So why is it applied to all? Again point out how specifically whites EVERYWHERE are just reaping the benifits from laws ended around 50 years ago. And racism is racism, whatever color you are. You could make the argument that whites aren't as effected when racism is directed at them, they also don't usually give any power to said racism. You don't have to be black to know what racism feels like, and you're not excused from racism being black. If you want TRUE equality, then what is good for the goose is good for the gaggle, and if we determine what one goose does as bad, then it is bad for the gaggle. That is actual justice, no one is above the law, no one is below the law. Does racism still exist, yes. But you cannot apply it to an entire skin color, with out being racist yourself. You are not being intellectually honest when you do so. There is no collective boot from one group of a skin color keeping another entire skin color down. It's such an over generalization, that the claim is just outrageous. There is a carrot and a stick coming from government, the carrot is dependency, and the stick is withdrawing of that dependency. There's also the problem of a large portion of mellianials who are now adults, being in arrested development in the adolscent mindset, trying to figure out adulthood, but not wanting any of the responsibilities that come with it, always being used to constant guidance, and are usually lost without said guidance. Those two things are a bad recipe. That is not coming from any one skin color. People are responsible for their own actions. More importantly parents are responsible to raise their kids with responsibility. The government cannot do that, the village cannot do that, schools cannot do that, and a politician cannot do that. To blame an entire race, for the plight of a portion of another race, is flat out wrong. The personal decisions that a person makes effects their own life more than anyone else around them can effect it. Which is what makes you wrong on this issue.

Redlining and restrictive covenants were nationwide fool. LAWS that ended 50 year ago only ended on paper stupid ass. Things just did not magically stop happening.. There is no "poof we are all equal now". For white people who were kids in the suburbs black could not live in due to these covenants living in houses finance by the FHA loans who are now grown cannot see how that benefitted their white asses. Whites have depended upon government for the entirety of American history idiot.

I am right to blame whites for what has happened. Because whites are the ones who did it.

Now to make this short, you talk about blacks being racists.Start showing laws and policies made by blacks that have denied whites of rights. If you cannot shut the fuck up.

Are you saying racism is only racism when it is backed by law or governmental policy?

No. But what I am saying is that all you who whine about black racism show me where blacks have done the exact same things as whites to deny all opportunities to whites or anyone else. And if so then I wiil agree. If you cannot, then stop claiming that blacks are just as racist or more racist than whites. You can say blacks have prejudices and to that I will not argue, But when it comes to racism I am not just going to agree with a claim made based on false equivalences and amnesia about everything whites have done and keep doing.

Blacks can be just as racist as whites, but they do not have the power to enforce any such racism that whites have enjoyed. That's clear.

No blacks cannot be just as racist as whites. That's the point of talking about laws and policies. For blacks to be just as racist blacks would have to have done and do the same things whites have done and continue doing. Again, do not get prejudice conflated for racism.

The penalty for scoring less than 1200 on the SAT is significantly greater for African-American and Hispanic students than the penalty for white students who score less than 1200 (Model 2). Similarly, the reward (i.e., increased likelihood of admission) that is produced by scoring more than 1300 is significantly smaller for African-American and especially for Hispanic students than the reward for white students who score more than 1300.

SAT scores for white and Asian candidates seem to receive the same emphasis.

This is from the Princeton study correll uses to whine about anti white discrimination. This portion of the study shows that blacks and Hispanics are punished more for scores under1200 than whites and Asians and rewarded less for scores over 1300 than whites and Asians.

Funny how these things just don't seem to get mentioned by correll isn't it?

That Asians are discriminated against even MORE individually does not mean that many more whites are not discriminated against.

It is not credible that you cannot grasp that simple fact, based on the reality that you have the brain power to find your computer on a regular basis.

I have more than one computer, so finding one is not an issue. What matters is the information that you use it to find.

"Credible" studies point to the fact that Asians are discriminated against in college admissions in favor of whites.

But you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

Why?

I guess because the conversation is dominated by lefties whinging about past racism, and whites rightly complaining about current discrimination.

NOt sure what you want from me on this. Discrimination against asians does not mean that the discrimination against whites is not happening.

No what we have here is blacks talking accurately about continuing white racism and one white person complaining about a non existent discrimination against whites.

THe evidence is that white racism has been effectively defeated as a significant force and anti white racism, has risen in it's place.

as per the 230 point sat bonus.

There is no such evidence.There is no anti white racism. Trying to equalize things so that whites don't have a continued advantage because of white racism is not anti white racism.

White boy amnesia isn't allowed in threads I make.

You refusal to admit the reality of heavily documented, peer reviewed, academic studies showing anti-white discrimination in Ivy League admissions says a lot about you.

but the data is still real, despite your denial.

The advantage today, in the 21st century is heavily towards those with BLACK SKIN.

That Asians are discriminated against even MORE individually does not mean that many more whites are not discriminated against.

It is not credible that you cannot grasp that simple fact, based on the reality that you have the brain power to find your computer on a regular basis.

I have more than one computer, so finding one is not an issue. What matters is the information that you use it to find.

"Credible" studies point to the fact that Asians are discriminated against in college admissions in favor of whites.

But you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

Why?

I guess because the conversation is dominated by lefties whinging about past racism, and whites rightly complaining about current discrimination.

NOt sure what you want from me on this. Discrimination against asians does not mean that the discrimination against whites is not happening.

I don't want or expect anything from you.

All that I did was repeat what studies say.

Asians are being discriminated against in favor of whites.

And whites and asians are being discriminated against in favor of blacks and browns.

I don't support any of that. Nothing I have said can be interpreted as supporting any of that.

You on the other hand...You lefties love your racist discrimination.

Whites aren't being discriminated against. Neither are Asians. We end programs that promote equal opportunity and Asians are going to be excluded just like every other non white group. Regardless of test scores. Because test scores never made any mother fucking difference in admittance in the first place.

White boy amnesia is not allowed here.

Now why don't you try explaining the restrictive covenants that still exist today giving whites the benefit in housing?

Another poster linked to asian admissions RISING, when race was thrown out. Did you miss that, or "forget" it?

Laws in ONLY THE SOUTHEAST. Blacks didn't just live in the old south. So why is it applied to all? Again point out how specifically whites EVERYWHERE are just reaping the benifits from laws ended around 50 years ago. And racism is racism, whatever color you are. You could make the argument that whites aren't as effected when racism is directed at them, they also don't usually give any power to said racism. You don't have to be black to know what racism feels like, and you're not excused from racism being black. If you want TRUE equality, then what is good for the goose is good for the gaggle, and if we determine what one goose does as bad, then it is bad for the gaggle. That is actual justice, no one is above the law, no one is below the law. Does racism still exist, yes. But you cannot apply it to an entire skin color, with out being racist yourself. You are not being intellectually honest when you do so. There is no collective boot from one group of a skin color keeping another entire skin color down. It's such an over generalization, that the claim is just outrageous. There is a carrot and a stick coming from government, the carrot is dependency, and the stick is withdrawing of that dependency. There's also the problem of a large portion of mellianials who are now adults, being in arrested development in the adolscent mindset, trying to figure out adulthood, but not wanting any of the responsibilities that come with it, always being used to constant guidance, and are usually lost without said guidance. Those two things are a bad recipe. That is not coming from any one skin color. People are responsible for their own actions. More importantly parents are responsible to raise their kids with responsibility. The government cannot do that, the village cannot do that, schools cannot do that, and a politician cannot do that. To blame an entire race, for the plight of a portion of another race, is flat out wrong. The personal decisions that a person makes effects their own life more than anyone else around them can effect it. Which is what makes you wrong on this issue.

Redlining and restrictive covenants were nationwide fool. LAWS that ended 50 year ago only ended on paper stupid ass. Things just did not magically stop happening.. There is no "poof we are all equal now". For white people who were kids in the suburbs black could not live in due to these covenants living in houses finance by the FHA loans who are now grown cannot see how that benefitted their white asses. Whites have depended upon government for the entirety of American history idiot.

I am right to blame whites for what has happened. Because whites are the ones who did it.

Now to make this short, you talk about blacks being racists.Start showing laws and policies made by blacks that have denied whites of rights. If you cannot shut the fuck up.

Are you saying racism is only racism when it is backed by law or governmental policy?

No. But what I am saying is that all you who whine about black racism show me where blacks have done the exact same things as whites to deny all opportunities to whites or anyone else. And if so then I wiil agree. If you cannot, then stop claiming that blacks are just as racist or more racist than whites. You can say blacks have prejudices and to that I will not argue, But when it comes to racism I am not just going to agree with a claim made based on false equivalences and amnesia about everything whites have done and keep doing.

Blacks can be just as racist as whites, but they do not have the power to enforce any such racism that whites have enjoyed. That's clear.

No blacks cannot be just as racist as whites. That's the point of talking about laws and policies. For blacks to be just as racist blacks would have to have done and do the same things whites have done and continue doing. Again, do not get prejudice conflated for racism.

I do not define racism as being the laws or policies put in place. Those policies and laws can be racist, certainly, but racism is believing in the superiority or inferiority of a race or races. Anyone can be racist, regardless of whether they have gained advantages from systemic racism in government or society. I think it is you who is conflating systemic racism with all racism. I completely agree that whites have benefited far more than any others from systemic racism; minorities have had little, if any, such advantage. On an individual basis, however, that is immaterial.

So, yes, blacks can be just as racist as whites, who can be just as racist as Native Americans, who can be just as racist as Asians, etc. etc. Any person can be racist, to the same degree any other person can be racist. In the US, whites have, historically, been the ones to benefit from systemic racism. Those are two different things.

I do not define racism as being the laws or policies put in place. Those policies and laws can be racist, certainly, but racism is believing in the superiority or inferiority of a race or races. Anyone can be racist, regardless of whether they have gained advantages from systemic racism in government or society. I think it is you who is conflating systemic racism with all racism. I completely agree that whites have benefited far more than any others from systemic racism; minorities have had little, if any, such advantage. On an individual basis, however, that is immaterial.

So, yes, blacks can be just as racist as whites, who can be just as racist as Native Americans, who can be just as racist as Asians, etc. etc. Any person can be racist, to the same degree any other person can be racist. In the US, whites have, historically, been the ones to benefit from systemic racism. Those are two different things.

To me, racism is the way a person looks at the world. Not every racist person has the power to enforce his outlook on society. But we can see microcosms of systemic racism all over the world, which leads me to believe these sick personality types permeate all races. It is a fact, though not every manifestation will be the same because of the time period that they occur, and socio- economic conditions as well as other factors.
Of course there are some who believe it has more to do with melanin content in the skin and DNA

No black person alive today was a slave but yet they all still enjoy our largesse the most.

So now we have heard all the excuses about how no one today owned slaves. But what we never seem able to discus is the 100 years after slavery where blacks were denied equal rights ,equal protection under the law, equal access to public accommodations, education, housing and jobs. Many whites here benefitted from things that occurred during this time.

Bring your popcorn. Here comes more lies and excuses.

th
This is what they call, sophism. Plenty of other groups have suffered oppression years past, and and have managed to transcend and prosper. Blacks biggest problem? Themselves, not some vague concept of white
privilege. Black males slaughter each other, black women have a birth control issues. Drugs, gangs and violence are all apart of black dysfunctional culture. Break out the popcorn? This is entertaining to you? It's TRAGIC and inexcusable.

1920s–1948: Racially Restrictive Covenants

Racially restrictive covenants refer to contractual agreements that prohibit the purchase, lease, or occupation of a piece of property by a particular group of people, usually African Americans. Racially restrictive covenants were not only mutual agreements between property owners in a neighborhood not to sell to certain people, but were also agreements enforced through the cooperation of real estate boards and neighborhood associations. Racially restrictive covenants became common after 1926 after the U.S. Supreme Court decision, Corrigan v. Buckley, which validated their use.

Now most of you will claim that since these were made illegal om 1948 that you did not benefit. No so fast.

Restrictive Covenants Stubbornly Stay on the Books

By MOTOKO RICH

APRIL 21, 2005

NEALIE PITTS was shopping for a house for her son three years ago when she spotted a for-sale sign in front of a modest brick bungalow here. When she stopped to ask the owner about it, at first she thought she misheard his answer.

"This house is going to be sold to whites only," said the owner, Rufus Matthews, according to court papers filed by Ms. Pitts, who is African-American. "It's not for colored."

Mr. Matthews later testified before the Virginia Fair Housing Board that he believed a clause in his deed prohibited him from selling to a black buyer. A 1944 deed on his property restricts owners from selling to "any person not of the Caucasian race."

Such clauses have been unenforceable for nearly 60 years. But historians who track such things say that thousands of racist deed restrictions, as well as restrictive covenants governing homeowner associations, survive in communities across the country.

This situation happened in 2002.

Such clauses have been unenforceable for nearly 60 years. But historians who track such things say that thousands of racist deed restrictions, as well as restrictive covenants governing homeowner associations, survive in communities across the country.

So in 2005 this was still going on. And whites benefitted from it.

Restrictive Covenants Stubbornly Stay on the Books
This is a HOA, a private organization. I hate HOAs and would never live in one if the house was for free. Some of the most exclusive HOAs are in the most liberal cities, and while they might state race isn't a issue. They still put you through a rigorous interview process. Still it's a private organization. Your source even states that the LAWS are unenforceable. On top of that, this private organization only effected 1 person. I don't think there are any white or Asian members of the black panther party, or any similar orginizations. Again 1 person not an entire race. Is it fucked up, yes. One more reason not to live in a place where your neighbors are required to be up in your business about your own damn property and life.

Actually I do, and what you are saying here is YOU don't give a flying fuck about Asians, so stop projecting.

Nope. That's not what I am saying. I am saying this argument about Asians disingenuous and that's because it is. I bought up how Asians are paid less than white men and have filed more did racial discriminations suits against whites than anyone else and we hear crickets. If you are so concerned with the plihh of Asians then you are concerned about these things. What is going on is that Asians are being used in this argument to try denying the fact of how whites have benefitted the most from modern polices and to try reducing the reality of what blacks have faced.
Point out how exactly whites are being helped by slavery 150 years ago the 360,000 white men died to free the slaves who had never seen a slave in their life. You're throwing abstract statement out, and then being racist by saying this abstract statement applies to ALL of a certain skin color. It's a ridiculous statement, not to mention again, racist. Yes blacks can be very much guilty of racism too, and that's the group I've experienced the most racism from in my life. I don't put that on all blacks because it's just not the case. Asians can also be racist, more towards other Asians, but no group is innocent of racism. No group is entirely or even mostly guilty of racism wether it's on purpose or not. It's just a ridiculous statement to make, and it will get you no where. It also makes you no better than those guilty of racism, soft racism or hard racism, your perputating the cycle. Do it if you want, that's on you for being part of the problem not the solution.

I can do that but this thread is not about slavery. It is about the 100 years after slavery and how laws and policies made during that time befitted whites to include whites living right now. You've not experienced black racism. I know you don't have the intelligence to understand how I can say this, but you haven't. You are the one who is part of the problem because you think you are making sense but your argument is full of inconsistent thinking, is off topic and based upon false equivalences and inaccurate depictions of history..

Whites did not die to fight against slavery but again that is not what the OP was about.

The laws are unenforceable according to your own source...

AA, Asians have to outperform both whites and blacks, but I guess that doesn't count in your book? That law is nationwide. AA is an antidiscrimination law, that discriminates by nature...which is what happens when you place quotas based solely on race.

Actually I do, and what you are saying here is YOU don't give a flying fuck about Asians, so stop projecting.

Nope. That's not what I am saying. I am saying this argument about Asians disingenuous and that's because it is. I bought up how Asians are paid less than white men and have filed more did racial discriminations suits against whites than anyone else and we hear crickets. If you are so concerned with the plihh of Asians then you are concerned about these things. What is going on is that Asians are being used in this argument to try denying the fact of how whites have benefitted the most from modern polices and to try reducing the reality of what blacks have faced.
Point out how exactly whites are being helped by slavery 150 years ago the 360,000 white men died to free the slaves who had never seen a slave in their life. You're throwing abstract statement out, and then being racist by saying this abstract statement applies to ALL of a certain skin color. It's a ridiculous statement, not to mention again, racist. Yes blacks can be very much guilty of racism too, and that's the group I've experienced the most racism from in my life. I don't put that on all blacks because it's just not the case. Asians can also be racist, more towards other Asians, but no group is innocent of racism. No group is entirely or even mostly guilty of racism wether it's on purpose or not. It's just a ridiculous statement to make, and it will get you no where. It also makes you no better than those guilty of racism, soft racism or hard racism, your perputating the cycle. Do it if you want, that's on you for being part of the problem not the solution.

You have such an angry attitude toward white people, I would not blame any white people for reacting negatively to anyone like you, Perhaps you confuse what you perceive as racism what is actually a reaction to a black person's negative behavior. I would not hire nor rent to anyone, regardless of race, with the kind of attitude you have.

Such clauses have been unenforceable for nearly 60 years.

Read your own pastes.

I did dumb ass.

It doesn't happen everywhere. Yes, racism still exists, which is wrong. You seem to blame all whites for this and think we all benefit from those who are discriminated against. I didn't benefit from the house that was not rented to the black people.

And what? some of those things are probably locked into the fine print on some pages, but no one is going to follow them and if they do, they are going to get there ass sued. I'm sure many have been erased where people have taken time to do so, but if they remain, then they remain as a reminder.

They are still being followed idiot, that's the point of the article. Still even if they were not, the fact is these are policies that were created after slavery that benefitted whites and whites today have benefitted from it.

You should not call someone an idiot and follow it up immediately with an incorrect statement, particularly when you've provided a quote to show the statement is incorrect in the same bundle of nestled quotes.

The article neither says nor implies that racist deed restrictions and restrictive covenants are still being followed. In fact, it quite clearly points out that both the 1948 Shelley v Kraemer ruling on racially restrictive covenants and the 1968 Fair Housing Act make such documents legally unenforceable. Instead, the article talks about them in an historical context and as a sort of vestigial appendage which should be removed.

The article starts off with an example of a person trying to by a home and was told the home was only going to be sold to whites per the deed.

So you can be called an idiot for trying to make the claims you are making. Saying something is unenforceable does not mean I is being done dumb ass. The story is evidence of this.

But regardless of what you think this article was referring to the article shows a policy made after slavery that benefitted white that whites today did benefit from during their lives. There is no such thing as teflon history. Things that were ended 60 years ago did not just magically make all things equal. Nor did it eliinae advantages gained by whites.

You have such an angry attitude toward white people, I would not blame any white people for reacting negatively to anyone like you, Perhaps you confuse what you perceive as racism what is actually a reaction to a black person's negative behavior. I would not hire nor rent to anyone, regardless of race, with the kind of attitude you have.

This thread is not about your opinion of my attitude based upon you being white and not liking me talking about continuing white racism. This is a thread about policies that have benefitted whites since slavery.

I didn't chose my race, and it makes me wonder: Did you choose your race? OK, of course not. This whole industry of white guilt, it's intriguing I have to be absolved of something that I actually gained NOTHING from, but are given the onus OF? No, Blacks are intellectualizing their own failures. Lets get real here. Blacks self murder, self hate, and plenty of other peoples over the years got over injustices and racism. What is REALLY going on with blacks? I hate popcorn, it's so gouache.

Last edited:

This thread is not about your opinion of my attitude based upon you being white and not liking me talking about continuing white racism. This is a thread about policies that have benefitted whites since slavery.
Your attitude and distorted view of whites has everything to do with all of your posts,.

Your attitude and distorted view of whites has everything to do with all of your posts,.

I really don't have a distorted view of whites. I know there are millions of whites who are not racists, then there are you guys.

I didn't chose my race, and it makes me wonder: Did you choose your race? OK, of course not. This whole industry of white guilt, it's intriguing I have to be absolved of something that I actually gained NOTHING from, but are given the onus OF? No, Blacks are intellectualizing their own failures. Lets get real here. Blacks self murder, self hate, and plenty of other peoples over the years got over injustices and racism. What is REALLY going on with blacks?

Lets get real here, you are a white female You are part of the demographic that has benefitted the most from Affirmative Action. Besides that you benefited from past racist policies, as well as systemic racism and covert racist practices that happen every day in this nation now.

I didn't chose my race, and it makes me wonder: Did you choose your race? OK, of course not. This whole industry of white guilt, it's intriguing I have to be absolved of something that I actually gained NOTHING from, but are given the onus OF? No, Blacks are intellectualizing their own failures. Lets get real here. Blacks self murder, self hate, and plenty of other peoples over the years got over injustices and racism. What is REALLY going on with blacks?

Lets get real here, you are a white female You are part of the demographic that has benefitted the most from Affirmative Action. Besides that you benefited from past racist policies, as well as systemic racism and covert racist practices that happen every day in this nation now.
Oh really? Nice try. it's an abstraction, if not false. Your assertions are just that, and there is no proof I can
see.. I realized today, there are two types of people. Stupid or smart. That's it, race or gender is moot. My situation is none of your business. But I see people that accept the norm, and those that surpass. Black culture seems to ...demand people conform to the lowest common denominator. Who's fault is that?

I really don't have a distorted view of whites. I know there are millions of whites who are not racists, then there are you guys.
There you go again, calling me a racist., How am I racist? I do not think I am superior to others, I do not look down on others, I have no animosity toward others because of their race, but you do.

There you go again, calling me a racist., How am I racist? I do not think I am superior to others, I do not lo

There you go again, calling me a racist., How am I racist? I do not think I am superior to others, I do not look down on others, I have no animosity toward others because of their race, but you do.
Racist shmashist. Blacks need to buckle up and lay off the excuses. The high black on black murder rate is purely of their own making, not from abstractions of racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back