No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's racism

Jessica123

VIP Member
May 3, 2018
Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

This is not one of those cases.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

I have no problem with vulgarity but do have a problem with racism.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

Then ewe will take exception to Bush being compared to a Chimp and Trump an orangutan right?

So if I was to call all the women here that same name, you would rush to my defense and explain it wasn’t a big deal?

I have no problem with either of them. Satire......

I fucking hate liberals. Especially unfunny cunnnts like samantha beeeeeeee.

I also have no problem with someone saying that black woman looking like a character from planet of the apes. Cause she does, and that is funny as shit.

What I do have a problem is virtue signaling hypocrites on the left.

I FUCKING HATE THEM.

So if I was to call all the women here that same name, you would rush to my defense and explain it wasn’t a big deal?
It wouldn't be a big deal. Not to me. What pisses me off are the left wing pigs in the media.

Two has been comics saying shit to stay in spotlight and self appointed moral police running in circles like kittens drawn to a laser light.

Celebrities are idiots with no special awareness to anything outside their little bubble of existence.
:gives:

What she said was sexism...

Then ewe will take exception to Bush being compared to a Chimp and Trump an orangutan right?

And we know that is hidden racism in plain site

Yeah... you keep that up... HATE and HYPOCRISY is working so well for you democraps... :113:

I have no problem with a vulgarity but do have a problem with racism.
Don't you think what she said hurts as Ivanka much as what Rosanne said hurts Jarrett?...

What Rosanne said about Jarrett didn't hurt her, and I so doubt what she said hurt Ivanka. By the way , what is she doing but making big bucks in china, etc. Has she started a factory here in the US????

Conservatives view all of life as a big stew that all things are thrown into. The complexity is too great so they attempt to reduce everything to either/or. Like a light switch. That simple.

Sometimes double entendres can be funny. Like this.

Outright vulgarity can be funny too. The seven words from George Carlin. In this era however, not so much when it is done insultingly. Samantha wanted it, and now she’s got it.

And we know that is hidden racism in plain site

It isn't offensive to call whites chimps and apes...No offense is taken by white people,,,,blacks will burn down your city for doing the same.

Conservatives view all of life as a big stew that all things are thrown into. The complexity is too great so they attempt to reduce everything to either/or. Like a light switch. That simple.
you couldnt think wo stereotypes could you?

not to say you can now...

No, it's not. What Samantha Bee said AND IMPLIED on television was FAR worse. Telling someone they resemble a primate doesn't even register.

Forum List

Back