Noah and his boat -

That makes sense to you that humans just magically appeared out of nowhere? :cuckoo:
It makes sense to me that God created human beings.....the "magic" is your contribution....God just contributed the people......

So god created humans through evolution, or by making them appear fully formed as we are today?

if you have forgotten the answer I gave you the last time you asked you should 1) drink less alcohol as it effects your memory and 2) page back to my answer.....

It makes sense to me that God created human beings.....the "magic" is your contribution....God just contributed the people......

So god created humans through evolution, or by making them appear fully formed as we are today?

if you have forgotten the answer I gave you the last time you asked you should 1) drink less alcohol as it effects your memory and 2) page back to my answer.....

You said plopped down, but then said magic was my word, so if not by magic, how?

well let's see....let's say I'm an Intelligent Designer who 1) created the universe, 2) created life, 3) created DNA, 4) created the reproductive process........

and now you think I'm stuck with sitting around waiting for random chance to produce what I want?.......

I'd say He could do it in a single generation if he wanted to.......after all, even being stuck with the natural process of reproduction humans were able to breed both St Bernards and chihuahuas from wolves in less than two thousand years......
false

Eurasia is most likely where people first began domesticating & breeding dogs, about 15,000 years ago according to the study of fossils.

were there St Bernards or chihuahuas 2000 years ago?....

The ancestors of the St. Bernard share a history with the Sennenhunds, also called Swiss Mountain Dogs or Swiss Cattle Dogs, the large farm dogs of the farmers and dairymen of the livestock guardians, herding dogs, and draft dogs as well as hunting dogs, search and rescue dogs, and watchdogs. These dogs are thought to be descendants of molosser type dogs brought into the Alps by the ancient Romans, and the St. Bernard is recognized internationally today as one of the Molossoid breeds.[2]

The earliest written records of the St. Bernard breed are from monks at the hospice at the Great St. Bernard Pass in 1707, with paintings and drawings of the dog dating even earlier.[3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bernard_(dog)

The Chihuahua’s history is puzzling and there are many theories surrounding the origin of the breed. Both folklore and archeological finds show that the breed originated in Mexico. The most common and most likely theory is that Chihuahuas are descended from the Techichi, a companion dog favored by the Toltec civilization in Mexico.[2] No records of the Techichi are available prior to the 9th century, although dog pots from Colima, Mexico, buried as part of the western Mexico shaft tomb tradition which date back to 300 BC are thought to depict Techichis.[3] It is probable that earlier ancestors were present prior to the Mayans as dogs approximating the Chihuahua are found in materials from the Great Pyramid of Cholula, predating 1530 and in the ruins of Chichen Itza on the Yucatán Peninsula.[2]

In fact, wheeled dog toys representing both the "deer head" and "apple head" varieties of Chihuahua have been unearthed across Mesoamerica from Mexico to El Salvador. The earliest of these were found at Tres Zapotes in Veracruz, Mexico, which date to 100 AD.[4] Dog effigy pots dating to around 1325 AD discovered in Georgia and Tennessee also appear to represent the Chihuahua[5] It has been argued that these pots arrived with survivors from the Casas Grandes site in Chihuahua, Mexico, after it was attacked and destroyed around 1340 AD. Pots unearthed at Casas Grandes include representations of the "deer head" variety of Chihuahua.[4] Hernan Cortés wrote, in a 1520 letter, that the Aztecs raised and sold the little dogs as food.[6] Colonial records refer to small, nearly hairless dogs at the beginning of the 19th century, one of which claims 16th-century Conquistadores found them plentiful in the region later known as Chihuahua.[7]

A progenitor of the breed was reputedly found in 1850 in old ruins near Casas Grandes in the Mexican state of Chihuahua from which the breed gets its name,[8] although most artifacts relating to its existence are found around Mexico City. A pot featuring the "deer head" variety of Chihuahua has been unearthed at Casas Grandes which dates from 1100–1300 AD showing the long history of the breed at this site.[4] A wheeled dog toy which has been dated to 100 AD from Tres Zapotes in Veracruz, Mexico, depicts a dog identical in appearance and size to the modern Chihuahua, indirect evidence that the breed was in Mexico over 1400 years before the first Europeans arrived.[4] The Chihuahua has remained consistently popular as a breed, particularly in America when the breed was first recognized by the American Kennel Club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chihuahua_(dog)

false

Eurasia is most likely where people first began domesticating & breeding dogs, about 15,000 years ago according to the study of fossils.

The ancestors of the St. Bernard share a history with the Sennenhunds, also called Swiss Mountain Dogs or Swiss Cattle Dogs, the large farm dogs of the farmers and dairymen of the livestock guardians, herding dogs, and draft dogs as well as hunting dogs, search and rescue dogs, and watchdogs. These dogs are thought to be descendants of molosser type dogs brought into the Alps by the ancient Romans, and the St. Bernard is recognized internationally today as one of the Molossoid breeds.[2]

The earliest written records of the St. Bernard breed are from monks at the hospice at the Great St. Bernard Pass in 1707, with paintings and drawings of the dog dating even earlier.[3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bernard_(dog)

The Chihuahua’s history is puzzling and there are many theories surrounding the origin of the breed. Both folklore and archeological finds show that the breed originated in Mexico. The most common and most likely theory is that Chihuahuas are descended from the Techichi, a companion dog favored by the Toltec civilization in Mexico.[2] No records of the Techichi are available prior to the 9th century, although dog pots from Colima, Mexico, buried as part of the western Mexico shaft tomb tradition which date back to 300 BC are thought to depict Techichis.[3] It is probable that earlier ancestors were present prior to the Mayans as dogs approximating the Chihuahua are found in materials from the Great Pyramid of Cholula, predating 1530 and in the ruins of Chichen Itza on the Yucatán Peninsula.[2]

In fact, wheeled dog toys representing both the "deer head" and "apple head" varieties of Chihuahua have been unearthed across Mesoamerica from Mexico to El Salvador. The earliest of these were found at Tres Zapotes in Veracruz, Mexico, which date to 100 AD.[4] Dog effigy pots dating to around 1325 AD discovered in Georgia and Tennessee also appear to represent the Chihuahua[5] It has been argued that these pots arrived with survivors from the Casas Grandes site in Chihuahua, Mexico, after it was attacked and destroyed around 1340 AD. Pots unearthed at Casas Grandes include representations of the "deer head" variety of Chihuahua.[4] Hernan Cortés wrote, in a 1520 letter, that the Aztecs raised and sold the little dogs as food.[6] Colonial records refer to small, nearly hairless dogs at the beginning of the 19th century, one of which claims 16th-century Conquistadores found them plentiful in the region later known as Chihuahua.[7]

A progenitor of the breed was reputedly found in 1850 in old ruins near Casas Grandes in the Mexican state of Chihuahua from which the breed gets its name,[8] although most artifacts relating to its existence are found around Mexico City. A pot featuring the "deer head" variety of Chihuahua has been unearthed at Casas Grandes which dates from 1100–1300 AD showing the long history of the breed at this site.[4] A wheeled dog toy which has been dated to 100 AD from Tres Zapotes in Veracruz, Mexico, depicts a dog identical in appearance and size to the modern Chihuahua, indirect evidence that the breed was in Mexico over 1400 years before the first Europeans arrived.[4] The Chihuahua has remained consistently popular as a breed, particularly in America when the breed was first recognized by the American Kennel Club.

a simple no would have been sufficient.....(though I would have appreciated a "no, you were right all along")........

You said plopped down, but then said magic was my word, so if not by magic, how?

the divine act of creation.....

Got even a tiny shred of real proof?

one generally does not have to prove their faith choices.....I wouldn't ask proof from you if you would simply admit that abiogenesis is also a faith choice.....it's the fact you pretend its science that requires you to provide proof......and the fact that you can't that gets you into trouble.....

one generally does not have to prove their faith choices.....I wouldn't ask proof from you if you would simply admit that abiogenesis is also a faith choice.....it's the fact you pretend its science that requires you to provide proof......and the fact that you can't that gets you into trouble.....

So you have no proof, got it. Scientists are at least formulating theories and trying them out... looking for answers. Your mind is closed and your critical thinking is turned off. You've been told to believe that humans appeared all of a sudden out of nowhere, so you do, even in the absence of any proof whatsoever. Given all the work scientists are doing in this field, I'm more inclined to go with what they find, rather than be stuck with a ludicrous explanation that isn't scientific, and that invariably gets laughed at.

a simple no would have been sufficient.....(though I would have appreciated a "no, you were right all along")........
a no would have been wrong....
but then you didn't read the clips ..easier to deny that way ...A pot featuring the "deer head" variety of Chihuahua has been unearthed at Casas Grandes which dates from 1100–1300 AD showing the long history of the breed at this site....chicken shit!

how fucking convenient, since it's a faith it gives believers licence to bullshit people into thinking it's fact....that's a great scam!!

So you have no proof, got it. Scientists are at least formulating theories and trying them out... looking for answers. Your mind is closed and your critical thinking is turned off. You've been told to believe that humans appeared all of a sudden out of nowhere, so you do, even in the absence of any proof whatsoever. Given all the work scientists are doing in this field, I'm more inclined to go with what they find, rather than be stuck with a ludicrous explanation that isn't scientific, and that invariably gets laughed at.
it also means he has no dog in this fight.....

So you have no proof, got it.

nor do you....but that part you don't seem to get....why is that?.......

the new scientific method.....we don't test, we don't experiment, we don't prove......we just tell you what the "facts" are.....

it also means he has no dog in this fight.....

and you no longer have lab rats in yours.....

Forum List

Back