Non Cliquity Clack Club

Meanwhile...I have been furiously changing my back yard around again. Moved the swing closer to my back door, swapped some heavy ass pots to the other side of the patio and now I have to move the gate forward so it cuts off all access to my living room (the garden) cuz roomies have the front yard..not the back yard.
I'm pooped again. But...I gotta go water. It's hot again today. Everything is drooping.

Gracie, I'll take your heat if you'll take my rain. It's been about 15 degrees below normal and has rained for a week straight. I tried to walk on the grass but sank right in. But I have the sinking in the yard thing solved. I'm going to use my snow shoes. Not only that, my snow shoes are high tech with traction cleats, that means I can aerate the lawn as I stroll across the yard. :D

No me.....I'll take your rain, all of it.....please....we haven't had rain in so long I don't remember what it looks like now....:(

I'm gonna give it another week or so...then if nobody wants to play USMB trivia..well, mine anyway...I will dump the game and the link.

Just a heads up.

Doesn't make any difference to me whether anyone wants to play. Just thought it might be a fun thing to do. So...no biggie.:)

Thanks!!

Meanwhile....HUBBY SCORED! He brought home TWO HUNDRED books from the swap meet! My library is now...a library. Minus the room, lol. Soon as the inlaws get out..I will be painting it a soothing soft darkish slate green, hang white lace curtains so the sun comes in, adding a huge house plant in one corner, adding all the shelves and painting them the same green, laying the persian carpet I have stuffed in the shed, placing the big wingback chair in one corner and a footstool to match, a neat end table with a lamp on it, and strewn in corners will be big fluffy pillows. Only thing left I have to place is the boston fern hanging from the cathedral ceiling in front of the window..or in the corner next to the window.

Library!! And I have not gone thru all the books yet cuz I want to be surprised. But I DID see a Speak German Fast book, Spanish Lessons book, gardening books, craft books, fiction, non fiction, Quotes By Abraham Lincoln, etc. It's a treasure trove! He paid 20 bucks and there are FIVE huge boxes in there on the floor.

I'm excited!

Sounds wonderful!

[MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION]

Did everyone say they wanted the library books fountain as a logo? I see the polar bear is gone.

I'd like it to be a vote on what folks want. :)
Actually, we should put it to a vote. It's the democratic way. You did say the thread belongs to everyone so everyone should have a say with regard to the suggestion.

Vote A - Books -
20su06x.jpg
- (Derideo) "We do need a library in the Lounge and this could be the right place for it. Informal place with art, music, books, sculpture, painting, etc. I don't want to change the NCCC at all. I just like the artistic and book aspects that Gracie embraces and feel that the sculpture is more representative. I was making the comparison to libraries because they encompass all of these cultural aspects of our lives. Plus Gracie has just created her own personal library and is stocking it with a very eclectic collection."

Vote B - Polar Bear -
2mww6ys.jpg
- (Gracie) "...the polar bear because it goes with the theme of this thread not being any particular group and the books make it look like it's book discussion....and it isn't. It's for everyone for any subject that is not affiliated with any particular "group" of people. Hence...polar bear, face palm."

Let us know what you think. :)

(A list of members who have participated in the last few days)

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41985]drifter[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Did everyone say they wanted the library books fountain as a logo? I see the polar bear is gone.

Actually, we should put it to a vote. It's the democratic way. :) You did say the thread belongs to everyone so everyone should have a say with regard to the suggestion.

Vote A - Books -
20su06x.jpg
- (Derideo) "We do need a library in the Lounge and this could be the right place for it. Informal place with art, music, books, sculpture, painting, etc. I don't want to change the NCCC at all. I just like the artistic and book aspects that Gracie embraces and feel that the sculpture is more representative. I was making the comparison to libraries because they encompass all of these cultural aspects of our lives. Plus Gracie has just created her own personal library and is stocking it with a very eclectic collection."

Vote B - Polar Bear -
2mww6ys.jpg
- (Gracie) "...the polar bear because it goes with the theme of this thread not being any particular group and the books make it look like it's book discussion....and it isn't. It's for everyone for any subject that is not affiliated with any particular "group" of people. Hence...polar bear, face palm."

Good job, [MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION]! I vote A, simply because it flows better with the rest of your Sig file. :Thup:

Actually, we should put it to a vote. It's the democratic way. You did say the thread belongs to everyone so everyone should have a say with regard to the suggestion.

Vote A - Books -
20su06x.jpg

Vote B - Polar Bear -
2mww6ys.jpg

I vote for the bear. I love books, but I just don't like that particular sculpture. Polar bears, on the other hand, never look bad. :D

Last edited:
I vote for the fountain with the books. The bear makes it look like it might be a thread about animals. The fountain is so beautiful and serene looking, a quiet place to come and meet with friends.

Vote A - Books -
20su06x.jpg

Vote B - Polar Bear -
2mww6ys.jpg

I am going to abstain because (a) I suggested the fountain and (b) I actually like both and have both images in my siggie pointing to NCCC. :)

I go with the bear but to be honest, I like both so the bear it is for me just because it's a bear. LOL

I'm fine w/ whatever is done as I just drop in ocassionally. This is the best social thread on the board, bar-none :)

Actually...I kinda like the idea of swapping it out once every two weeks or so. But then we have to ask the mods to do it for us. And..who looks at the front page here alla time anyway? Some folks are carrying the logo in their siggies, so they would have to swap it out too. So it depends on them, actually. And leave the bear in the OP. Less work for mods.

What say you folks to that idea? And anyone can choose a bi weekly/montly new logo and we vote on it or something. But remember..we still have to inform those who use it in siggies. THEY have to do the swapping.

I like both but as mentioned earlier the bear makes it appear the thread is about animals.

Bear - 5

Esmeralda
Derideo
Wolfsister
Dot Com
Gracie

Books - 4

BDBoop
Mertex
Derideo
pacer

Pending