North Carolina School Baptizes 100 Kids Without Parents’ Permission

Unadulterated BS you made up...or read on some left loon site

Nope, pure fact. You clearly have never worked with children in an evangelical church, I did for more than two decades and it was taught to us every year the importance of getting kids to accept Christ early.

I'm a baptized Methodist Christian myself but I still find this to be wrong since God gave everybody free will and He doesn't force anybody to follow Him who doesn't want to.

Catholics don't babtize in a galvanized cattle trough. I'm not buying the whole story. Can't read it all anyway, pay wall.

"In most cases, the parish priest or deacon administers the sacrament, anointing the person being baptized with oils, and pouring blessed water over the child or adult’s head not just once but three times."

No way would a Catholic priest dunk a kid in a cattle watering trough as depicted in the OP's article. I call bullshit on it.

Last edited:
The OP has to be a lie. Parents must give consent to have their kids baptized. Once adults it's up to them. As a lifelong Christian there would be a lawsuit. I'd be the one submitting it.

Do agnostic foreign posters really think Baptism includes hormones and life changing surgery? Relax lefties, Baptism doesn't hurt and they don't shoot Holy Water in a kid's veins, they just sprinkle it on them.

Do agnostic foreign posters really think Baptism includes hormones and life changing surgery? Relax lefties, Baptism doesn't hurt and they don't shoot Holy Water in a kid's veins, they just sprinkle it on them.
Yes, a priest sprinkles holy water on the head. It's not like some religions that actually dunk the whole body.

I would if I were in their position. Make the admins lives a nightmare. Baptism happens when parents are there to share.
As a parent perhaps you should have read the schools mission statement.

MISSION STATEMENT

Northwood Temple Academy is committed to providing a Christ-centered education that promotes excellence in teaching and learning, focusing on high academic standards, excellence in fine arts, emotional well-being, and physical strength. We are nurturing today’s children and developing tomorrow’s kingdom leaders.

VISION STATEMENT

Northwood Temple Academy seeks to lead and nurture students from early childhood through twelfth grade into spiritually, emotionally mature Christians academically prepared to articulate boldly and effectively a Biblical worldview that enables them to serve in their careers and callings.

"who said a handful of students were scheduled to receive the sacrament and the others “just began to respond to the presence of the Lord.”

sounds like the students volunteered.
This is OK?
The parents paid money for this service ... how is this any of your business? ... Baptism doesn't require parental permission in this particular church, so parents joining this church can expect their children to be baptized ...
They (parents) expect to be present or arrange this themselves.
Not a surprise.

If you try to give your kid a good education in a Catholic School, you must be fully aware that the curriculum sometimes extends to Christian beliefs even if you are not Catholic. Chances are the school informed parents that it would offer a mass baptism and they could opt out or go along with it. Parental consent for something like this is unnecessary.

Forum List

Back