Not so fast Republicans......

Seems solid. Anything could happen, but if Democrats held the Senate, it would be very surprising. Plus, Republicans always have an advantage in the midterms. Young folk just aren't fired up to vote in midterms.

It's interesting that Republicans need a low turnout to win. I guess they figured that out and that's why they are going for voter id laws...

Seems solid. Anything could happen, but if Democrats held the Senate, it would be very surprising. Plus, Republicans always have an advantage in the midterms. Young folk just aren't fired up to vote in midterms.

It's interesting that Republicans need a low turnout to win. I guess they figured that out and that's why they are going for voter id laws...

Low voter turn out in off year elections has been happening long before they were voter I.D. laws and both parties have benefited from it over the years.

Low voter turn out in off year elections has been happening long before they were voter I.D. laws and both parties have benefited from it over the years.

And republicans are hoping voter id laws will equal low turnout every election.

Didn't know you could read minds and the only way that can happens is if the people let it happen the vast majority already have a photo I.D. also known as a drivers license. If they choose not to vote it won't be because they did not have or couldn't get a photo I.D. it will be because they were to lazy or didn't care.

I will stand by Democrats taking Kentucky seat and Georgia Seat. Michelle Nunn has the name,the money,the campaign AND she is gonna have a nice head start because no republican got more than 40% of vote on Tuesday and its a run off in JULY!

Yeah, and Obama was elected because he was black. That got us far, didn't it? :eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

MORON

I thought you said he got elected because of the liberal media?

Didn't know you could read minds and the only way that can happens is if the people let it happen the vast majority already have a photo I.D. also known as a drivers license. If they choose not to vote it won't be because they did not have or couldn't get a photo I.D. it will be because they were to lazy or didn't care.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8"]Voter ID[/ame]

It's hardly even reasonable anymore to insist that the push for Voter ID laws is anything other than the latest in a long, long history of black voter disenfranchisement, no different from poll taxes or literacy tests.

You might as well make the argument that the process of setting boundaries for congressional districts is fair and impartial.

Actually he was elected because he was the better candidate out of McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012. McCain is a senile neo con war monger and Romney was just a white version of Obama so why give up a guaranteed 4 more years of Obama with a possible 8 of Romney? Hell you republicans had much better choices to choose from. No one to blame but yourselves there.

f37651d461ed33e02a01937e31258384.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8"]Voter ID[/ame]

It's hardly even reasonable anymore to insist that the push for Voter ID laws is anything other than the latest in a long, long history of black voter disenfranchisement, no different from poll taxes or literacy tests.

You might as well make the argument that the process of setting boundaries for congressional districts is fair and impartial.

I keep hearing this same claim over and over of how showing a photo I.D. is going to disenfranchise blacks from voting but no one has yet to explain how it will do this. As I pointed out the majority of people black, white, Hispanic Asian, men, and women already have a photo I.D. drivers license something we have with us every time we leave the house is the belief here that blacks and other minorities don't have or are not capable of getting a photo I.D.? or is it they are not responsible enough to remember to take it with them when they go to vote? It seems like those who are so opposed to voter I.D. don't give minorities enough credit in being able to accomplish this.

For months Republicans have been boasting of their inevitable taking of the Senate in 2014. It seems the tide has turned and a Republican win is less likely

Once having a 60-40 probability of taking the Senate, Democrats now have a 59-41 probability of holding the Senate

Are Republicans blowing their chance to retake the Senate? - The Week

Much can happen in 4 months:

senate-model-nytimes.jpeg

January NYT had Dems ahead, 4 months later, Repubs had taken the lead, a month later Dems ahead again....

I guess if the polls didn't change there'd be nothing to line bird-cages with.

Prove me wrong.

There was not one significant issue they agreed on.

They were monetarily incentivized by starkly different organizations - here's Obama's (top 3 University of California, Microsoft, and Google) and here's Romney's (top 3 Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, and Morgan Stanley).

I don't think a link is necessary to recall that their backgrounds are radically different. Obama went to college thanks to financial aid and got his start as a community organizer before entering politics. Romney comes from staggering wealth, and made his name skinning companies of their value.

If you don't believe me...believe Epic Rap Battles of History.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_1B0w7Hzc&feature=kp"]Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney[/ame]

I keep hearing this same claim over and over of how showing a photo I.D. is going to disenfranchise blacks from voting but no one has yet to explain how it will do this. As I pointed out the majority of people black, white, Hispanic Asian, men, and women already have a photo I.D. drivers license something we have with us every time we leave the house is the belief here that blacks and other minorities don't have or are not capable of getting a photo I.D.? or is it they are not responsible enough to remember to take it with them when they go to vote? It seems like those who are so opposed to voter I.D. don't give minorities enough credit in being able to accomplish this.

Concerning Texas Voter ID laws:

[W]e conclude that the total number of registered voters who lack a driver's license or personal identification card issued by DPS could range from 603,892 to 795,955. The disparity between the percentages of Hispanics and non-Hispanics who lack these forms of identification ranges from 46.5 to 120.0 percent. That is, according to the state's own data, a Hispanic registered voter is at least 46.5 percent, and potentially 120.0 percent, more likely than a non-Hispanic registered voter to lack this identification.

From a nationwide study:

Twenty-five percent of African-American voting-age citizens have no current government-issued photo ID, compared to eight percent of white voting-age citizens.

From a study in Wisconsin:

Minorities and poor populations are the most likely to have drivers license problems. Less than half (47 percent) of Milwaukee County African American adults and 43 percent of Hispanic adults have a valid drivers license compared to 85 percent of white adults in the Balance of (BOS, i.e., outside Milwaukee County). The situation for young adults ages 18-24 is even worse -- with only 26 percent of African Americans and 34 percent of Hispanics in Milwaukee County with a valid license compared to 71 percent of young white adults in the Balance of State.

There is no argument that Voter ID laws don't disproportionately affect minority voters.

Last edited:

[W]e conclude that the total number of registered voters who lack a driver's license or personal identification card issued by DPS could range from 603,892 to 795,955. The disparity between the percentages of Hispanics and non-Hispanics who lack these forms of identification ranges from 46.5 to 120.0 percent. That is, according to the state's own data, a Hispanic registered voter is at least 46.5 percent, and potentially 120.0 percent, more likely than a non-Hispanic registered voter to lack this identification.

From a nationwide study:

Twenty-five percent of African-American voting-age citizens have no current government-issued photo ID, compared to eight percent of white voting-age citizens.

Minorities and poor populations are the most likely to have drivers license problems. Less than half (47 percent) of Milwaukee County African American adults and 43 percent of Hispanic adults have a valid drivers license compared to 85 percent of white adults in the Balance of (BOS, i.e., outside Milwaukee County). The situation for young adults ages 18-24 is even worse -- with only 26 percent of African Americans and 34 percent of Hispanics in Milwaukee County with a valid license compared to 71 percent of young white adults in the Balance of State.

There is no argument that Voter ID laws disproportionately affect minority voters.
So your claiming these people are incapable of getting a photo I.D.? Here is another question out of all the links you posted what percent of the people actually voted when no photo I.D. was required?

It's hysterical that we even talking about this.

The dems lost the house fast. The senate will take a bit longer...but we'll get there.

The primary season is wrapping up. Now the GOP can focus on kicking the asses of some pretty vulnerable senators.

RealClearPolitics - 2014 Election Maps - Battle for the Senate

45-46 in favor of GOP.

Most of the seats in play are democratic seats.

I can't wait for Harry Reid to crawl out of the senate chambers as the minority leader.

Someone should step on his head and end all of our misery.

From a nationwide study:

There is no argument that Voter ID laws disproportionately affect minority voters.
So your claiming these people are incapable of getting a photo I.D.? Here is another question out of all the links you posted what percent of the people actually voted when no photo I.D. was required?

How about you get your own percentages now? If you'd like me to save you some time, I'll tell you off-hand that it was enough to significantly sway the 2008 election in Obama's favor. The turnout was high, is what I'm saying. But what is your point? That they wouldn't vote anyway?

For months Republicans have been boasting of their inevitable taking of the Senate in 2014. It seems the tide has turned and a Republican win is less likely

Once having a 60-40 probability of taking the Senate, Democrats now have a 59-41 probability of holding the Senate

Are Republicans blowing their chance to retake the Senate? - The Week

Much can happen in 4 months:

senate-model-nytimes.jpeg

January NYT had Dems ahead, 4 months later, Repubs had taken the lead, a month later Dems ahead again....

I guess if the polls didn't change there'd be nothing to line bird-cages with.

Sure can

And a once slam dunk Senate win for Republicans is no longer a sure thing

From a nationwide study:

I'd say 95% of the population has no problem providing acceptable photo ID. The other 5% have some issue with their paperwork. Republicans are perfectly happy blocking hat 5% from voting just to stop imaginary voter fraud

Forum List

Back