Now Is The Time To Raise The Retirement Age

The Republican tax bill will add to our federal debt. This glaring truth causes the monkeys to slap their hands over their eyes. "We no care bout debt any more!"

Because of PayGo, these deficits caused by the tax bill will have to be paid for by cutting spending on entitlement programs. You know, we have to tear those lazy, shiftless poor people away from their steak and champagne dinners and get them into the fields picking cotton.

But here's a better, saner idea to save our national treasury: Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70, and index them to 9 percent of the US population.

We are living longer, we should be working longer.

Common sense.

Nope. Unfair to people who do physical labor. Sorry.

He doesn't even recognize age discrimination in the work place. So don't be surprised if he doesn't know the difference between someone who works on a scaffold outside in crappy weather or drives a truck cross-country as opposed to a nerd who sits at a computer all day.

That same difference still applies if the age for SS benefits is 65, doesn't it?

You want to raise the eligibility age to 70, I think that's fine. But put into place laws barring age discrimination with the same ferocity that the Republicans and Trump have with illegal immigrants and make it a viable option instead of a conservative fantasy.

Right now corporations have HR departments comprised of very young bureaucratic lackeys who can't fathom putting a 50-year-old into an interview process, much less hiring them.

Here's why companies don't want to hire people over the age of 40 ...
https://www.bizjournals.com/.../why-companies-dont-want-to-hire-people-over-40.html
Jan 26, 2016 - Here's why companies don't want to hire people over the age of 40. Jan 26 ... 4 tips for making sure employees don't get disgruntled ... A50-year-old manager who just blew through all of her savings, maxed all her debt, and is borrowing from friends, will jump at a job that pays her enough to cover her bills.
Why aren't companies hiring people over 50? - Las Vegas, Nevada ...
https://www.indeed.com/forum/loc/Las-Vegas...t...hiring-people-over-50/t297384
Apr 13, 2013 - 17 posts - ‎8 authors
I've only had 3 interviews and I felt like I was just a check box to get through their interview process when they knew who they were going to hire all along. "It looks good to interview someone over 50", even through you know, your not even going to consider them. They don't even take the time to tell you ...
The Gray Wave: Why Companies Refuse to Hire Older Workers ...
https://www.halogensoftware.com/.../the-gray-wave-why-companies-refuse-to-hire-ol...
Sep 15, 2014 - If you are currently saying to yourself that you don't believe this, you are one of the main problems and you're lying to yourself! Talent acquisition needs to ... reliable and productive. Talent acquisition owes it to organizations to help hiring managers, and ourselves, to get over our bias ofhiring older workers.

Successful people never retire. Retirement is just career number 2 or even 3.

Sure it is, for you sitting at home as hubby works his butt off - Amiright?
The fact that you are almost certainly enjoying an overpaid pension by some leftist government institution explains your views in complete detail.

Yep would be good to cut it, Middle aged and stopped working, who do you think pays for your free shit?

Trumplings should abandon their love for the phrase "free shit"
Cuz that's what the new Republican tax plan just gave the top 1% who will now get 86% of the spoils

No, free shit is giving something to someone that is not already theirs.

If a robber pulls a gun on you, takes all your money from your wallet, then before leaving gives you twenty for cab fair, only you would classify that as accepting free shit, Right?
If you get a tax break that is paid for by charging EVERY taxpayer higher tax rates, that's accepting free shit, right?
It's more about getting the benefit of the gummit still spending, but giving the bill to future Americans. So it is accepting shit that someone else gets the bill for.

Now the gop is coming after Soc Sec and Medicare before the 18 elections too.

They already know they're going to be replaced so in their minds they want to fuck it up for everyone else.

Successful people never retire. Retirement is just career number 2 or even 3.

Sure it is, for you sitting at home as hubby works his butt off - Amiright?
The fact that you are almost certainly enjoying an overpaid pension by some leftist government institution explains your views in complete detail.

Yep would be good to cut it, Middle aged and stopped working, who do you think pays for your free shit?

Trumplings should abandon their love for the phrase "free shit"
Cuz that's what the new Republican tax plan just gave the top 1% who will now get 86% of the spoils

No, free shit is giving something to someone that is not already theirs.

If a robber pulls a gun on you, takes all your money from your wallet, then before leaving gives you twenty for cab fair, only you would classify that as accepting free shit, Right?
If you get a tax break that is paid for by charging EVERY taxpayer higher tax rates, that's accepting free shit, right?
It's more about getting the benefit of the gummit still spending, but giving the bill to future Americans. So it is accepting shit that someone else gets the bill for.

Now the gop is coming after Soc Sec and Medicare before the 18 elections too.

They already know they're going to be replaced so in their minds they want to fuck it up for everyone else.

Social security, medicaid, and medicare were fucked from the get go. If you thought abortions were bad, these programs designed to dismantle the unborn are much more horrific x100.

The Republican tax bill will add to our federal debt. This glaring truth causes the monkeys to slap their hands over their eyes. "We no care bout debt any more!"

Because of PayGo, these deficits caused by the tax bill will have to be paid for by cutting spending on entitlement programs. You know, we have to tear those lazy, shiftless poor people away from their steak and champagne dinners and get them into the fields picking cotton.

But here's a better, saner idea to save our national treasury: Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70, and index them to 9 percent of the US population.

Common sense.

I think that has been the plan all along, as well as privatization of SS.
Well, I do kind of like the idea of pseudocons falling for hoax investments at Trump U and ending up dead broke...

They DESERVE to be hoaxed.

Good chance we all maybe as far as the SS Trust goes.
Yes, if we don't raise the eligibility age, SS is done for.
Do away with the FICA tax limit. Problem solved.

I believe that would be correct, but the wealthy overlords will never go for it!

Common sense.

SS isn't an entitlement dip shit. I paid for it. How fucking stupid are you really?
You didn't pay for it. When you retire, you will be drawing out much more than you paid in.

The 2.9 Americans carrying you on their backs are paying for your retirement.

How stupid are you for not know this?

Apparently you are truely stupid. It’s still not an entitlement. You are wrong dumbass.

Besides that, all the money I paid in since 1974 should have earned interest. Of course I’ll be taking more out.

Learn something moron.

You probably shouldn't call someone stupid in the same sentence you misspell the word truly. ;)

YoU hAD a sPelLiNg eRror, YOu ARe WroNg!
9DB8B4E7-DE73-4890-82E1-CBCFCDBC988D.jpeg

Common sense.

SS isn't an entitlement dip shit. I paid for it. How fucking stupid are you really?
You didn't pay for it. When you retire, you will be drawing out much more than you paid in.

The 2.9 Americans carrying you on their backs are paying for your retirement.

How stupid are you for not know this?

Apparently you are truely stupid. It’s still not an entitlement. You are wrong dumbass.

Besides that, all the money I paid in since 1974 should have earned interest. Of course I’ll be taking more out.

Learn something moron.

He is correct, the politicians spent it all.

No, he is not. Just because they spent it doesn’t make it an entitlement.

Common sense.
No. I have a better idea. End the program altogether.

Common sense.

Common sense is retire as early as you can without Federal or Company assistance. I retired 7 years ago when 60 and live the life of a country squire and never inherited or given anything except for my God given smarts.

Last edited:
Social Security was never built to last an individual for decades. We either tweak it or we begin to lose it.

There are only so many moving parts that can be tweaked. Retirement age is one of them.

But, since we hyper-politicize everything, we're gonna wait until we're in crisis and make stupid decisions at that point.

Last edited:
...We need to raise it to 70 for everyone immediately.
Nahhhhhh... we just need a Democratic Administration in-place that will reverse what the GOP is doing, and tax the rich to pay for Social Security and MediCare shortfalls.

And that's coming... sooner rather than later, if you bump it to 70 for everyone, immediately... so... go ahead... make the Dems day...

Do that and you won't be able to get elected dog-catcher... and that will stick for a generation or more before folks are foolish enough to give the Pubs another chance.

Nahhhhhh... we just need a Democratic Administration in-place that will reverse what the GOP is doing, and tax the rich to pay for Social Security and MediCare shortfalls.

And that's coming... sooner rather than later, if you bump it to 70 for everyone, immediately... so... go ahead... make the Dems day...

Do that and you won't be able to get elected dog-catcher... and that will stick for a generation or more before
folks are foolish enough to give the Pubs another chance.

The complicated web that the Dems wove is being unraveled by the GOP as I write. Stinking, Dirty and Filthy Democrats will meet their gruesome end.

Do that and you won't be able to get elected dog-catcher... and that will stick for a generation or more before
folks are foolish enough to give the Pubs another chance.

The complicated web that the Dems wove is being unraveled by the GOP as I write. Stinking, Dirty and Filthy Democrats will meet their gruesome end.
May that thought comfort you in 2018 and 2020... if... IF... the Dems manage to get their $hit together by then... which is an issue in grave doubt.

Did you people whine so much when Obammy added trillions to the debt?
Yes.

Next question.
Well, I didn't mind UI insurance and temporary aid to states so they could keep schools and Medicaid working.

And like you I'm not against lowering taxes on business .... so long as revenue is pretty much neutral.
I've been talking about raising the SS eligibility age since coming to this forum.

These low IQ tards think they can score points with stupid assumptions about me.

They fail.
Why raise the age instead of tying to get rid of the SS scam?

The whole problem with the OP is that life expectancy is decreasing. Not increasing.

The whole problem with the OP is that life expectancy is decreasing. Not increasing.
Life expectancy has increased by EIGHT YEARS since Congress raised the eligibility age in 1983.

It has increased by 18 YEARS since Social Security was established.

Put down the opioids, dude. They'll kill you.

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors. We should be working longer.

Common fricking sense.

The average life expectancy today is somewhere around 78. In 1935, when Social Security was established, it was 60. Five years UNDER the retirement age.

In 1935, only 5.4% of the population was over 65. Today, 15% of the population is over 65.

The number of workers supporting a retiree is getting smaller and smaller. This is an unsustainable trend.

We can agree on that .. people are indeed living longer.
Wonder what happens when Trumpcare kicks 13 million off their health insurance?

Stop with the spin bullshit propaganda .....

Forum List

Back