NYT: Kushner got loans from companies after White House Meetings

I would also like to know if Kushner was sharing classified information with foreign countries - such as Israel. I''m sure Mueller is looking into that.

he probably was, but he also probably did it out of ignorance.

I had a TS clearance - so I know Kushner would have been thoroughly briefed and warned by the SF 86 process and humans - so "ignorance" isn't an excuse.
Let's not forget... Kushner LIED on his national security forms.

But hey... nothing to see here, folks...

I would also like to know if Kushner was sharing classified information with foreign countries - such as Israel. I''m sure Mueller is looking into that.

I had a TS clearance - so I know Kushner would have been thoroughly briefed and warned by the SF 86 process and humans - so "ignorance" isn't an excuse.

Yet you buy it on the bitch, go figure. Also his security clearance has nothing to do with this thread.

We have to import uranium, why would we sell what we have?
"We have"? Uh.... wha? Since when is the uranium mining business nationalized in the United states? What in the world are you talking about????

When it required federal approval for the sale. You know there is a federal law against exporting uranium from the US, right? Uranium Ones has already violated that one.

no,they haven't

good try, though

Does nazi palousy's hubby get loans for his businesses?
Of course, there was not nearly the same level of direct interaction in that instance to which you are referring. By "not nearly the same level", I mean exactly none. As opposed to repeated meetings by a top advisor to the president, unethically not divested from his family business.

This is pathetic 'whataboutism".

CA is a community property State, what makes him more wealthy, makes her more wealthy. Families are families.

Let's not forget... Kushner LIED on his national security forms.

But hey... nothing to see here, folks...

he didn't lie

his admin screwed up
or he forgot 100 meetings- who wouldn't, right?
or his dog ate it
one of those

Well child, a court requires you to nail it down.
Yes, thank you for that deep thought. But again ... wow, you really are not getting this....one does not require a conviction to condemn such behavior. And it is precisely because such things are so hard to prove, that we need this divestment from our officials.

It's very bad form, and it is typical of a clearly unethical administration that has given us every reason to believe it dwells on the wrong side of the law quite often. If I were you, I would not be carrying their water right now. Looks pretty nasty...

You have yet to prove anything unethical has occurred. Get on with it.

So Kushner gets a loan from a bank and has to pay it back with interest like anyone else, but suddenly it’s illegal for him to take a loan just because he is a White House advisor? It’s the bank’s money, they can lend it out to whoever they want.

Are you morons suggesting he won’t pay it back? Are you mad he’ll pay it back with interest?

When it required federal approval for the sale.
And literally every entity approved it? Hillary's fault, eh?

hah... oookay! You know, I don't think there is any shortage of uranium One threads here... why not take a hike and find one?

So Kushner gets a loan from a bank and has to pay it back with interest like anyone else, but suddenly it’s illegal for him to take a loan just because he is a White House advisor? It’s the bank’s money, they can lend it out to whoever they want.

Are you morons suggesting he won’t pay it back? Are you mad he’ll pay it back with interest?
Jesus man, who are you crybabying at? Nobody here is a bank regulator. they are the ones investigating.

Early last year, a private equity billionaire started paying regular visits to the White House.

Joshua Harris, a founder of Apollo Global Management, was advising Trump administration officials on infrastructure policy. During that period, he met on multiple occasions with Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, said three people familiar with the meetings. Among other things, the two men discussed a possible White House job for Mr. Harris.

The job never materialized, but in November, Apollo lent $184 million to Mr. Kushner’s family real estate firm, Kushner Companies. The loan was to refinance the mortgage on a Chicago skyscraper.

Even by the standards of Apollo, one of the world’s largest private equity firms, the previously unreported transaction with the Kushners was a big deal: It was triple the size of the average property loan made by Apollo’s real estate lending arm, securities filings show.

It was one of the largest loans Kushner Companies received last year. An even larger loan came from Citigroup, which lent the firm and one of its partners $325 million to help finance a group of office buildings in Brooklyn.

That loan was made in the spring of 2017, shortly after Mr. Kushner met in the White House with Citigroup’s chief executive, Michael L. Corbat, according to people briefed on the meeting. The two men talked about financial and trade policy and did not discuss Mr. Kushner’s family business, one person said.

There is little precedent for a top White House official meeting with executives of companies as they contemplate sizable loans to his business, say government ethics experts.

“This is exactly why senior government officials, for as long back as I have any experience, don’t maintain any active outside business interests,” said Don Fox, the former acting director of the Office of Government Ethics during the Obama administration and, before that, a lawyer for the Air Force and Navy during Republican and Democratic administrations. “The appearance of conflicts of interest is simply too great.”

The White House referred questions to Mr. Kushner’s lawyer, Abbe Lowell, who did not dispute that the meetings between Mr. Kushner and the executives took place.

More: Kushner’s Business Got Loans After White House Visits

Well, that certainly doesn't look good. Was Kushner trading influence for loans? I'm sure Mueller is very interested.

Let me get this straight- if someone in a Republican administration does influence for money, it’s bad, but if the Clinton’s do it, it’s they haven’t been convicted of anything. Got it! Lay off the Hippo juice sport.

Jesus man, who are you crybabying at? Nobody here is a bank regulator. they are the ones investigating.

You’re the ones crying. So a “private equity firm” lent him money? Why would anyone care? It’s their money and their loss if Kushner doesn’t pay it back.

et me get this straight- if someone in a Republican administration does influence for money, it’s bad, but if the Clinton’s do it, it’s they haven’t been convicted of anything. Got it!
Pathetic "whataboutism". I got news for you: the bank regulators don't give a shit about parties, unlike you...

shouldn't you be yelling at a cloud somewhere?

Early last year, a private equity billionaire started paying regular visits to the White House.

Joshua Harris, a founder of Apollo Global Management, was advising Trump administration officials on infrastructure policy. During that period, he met on multiple occasions with Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, said three people familiar with the meetings. Among other things, the two men discussed a possible White House job for Mr. Harris.

The job never materialized, but in November, Apollo lent $184 million to Mr. Kushner’s family real estate firm, Kushner Companies. The loan was to refinance the mortgage on a Chicago skyscraper.

Even by the standards of Apollo, one of the world’s largest private equity firms, the previously unreported transaction with the Kushners was a big deal: It was triple the size of the average property loan made by Apollo’s real estate lending arm, securities filings show.

It was one of the largest loans Kushner Companies received last year. An even larger loan came from Citigroup, which lent the firm and one of its partners $325 million to help finance a group of office buildings in Brooklyn.

That loan was made in the spring of 2017, shortly after Mr. Kushner met in the White House with Citigroup’s chief executive, Michael L. Corbat, according to people briefed on the meeting. The two men talked about financial and trade policy and did not discuss Mr. Kushner’s family business, one person said.

There is little precedent for a top White House official meeting with executives of companies as they contemplate sizable loans to his business, say government ethics experts.

“This is exactly why senior government officials, for as long back as I have any experience, don’t maintain any active outside business interests,” said Don Fox, the former acting director of the Office of Government Ethics during the Obama administration and, before that, a lawyer for the Air Force and Navy during Republican and Democratic administrations. “The appearance of conflicts of interest is simply too great.”

The White House referred questions to Mr. Kushner’s lawyer, Abbe Lowell, who did not dispute that the meetings between Mr. Kushner and the executives took place.

More: Kushner’s Business Got Loans After White House Visits

Well, that certainly doesn't look good. Was Kushner trading influence for loans? I'm sure Mueller is very interested.

Let me get this straight- if someone in a Republican administration does influence for money, it’s bad, but if the Clinton’s do it, it’s they haven’t been convicted of anything. Got it! Lay off the Hippo juice sport.

Funny. No one has been more heavily investigated than the Clintons.

shouldn't you be yelling at a cloud somewhere?

So you have no answer to my post. Thanks for admitting it.

Forum List

Back