Obama captures Africa Al Qaeda leader

It helps to have a smart president.

Let me know when we elect one...

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy,
a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 16 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 49 months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.
Nope, he inherited a recession.
Facts are not your friend, but they are mine.

when bad things happen, Obama is at fault.

when good things happen, Obama had nothing to do with it.

^^^^^^^ Conservative logic.

When bad things happen under Obama it's everyone's fault but Obama's usually still Bush's liberal logic that concludes the talking points portion of the evening. The war on terror even though the administration won't use that phrase is one thing I think Obama has done well and I will give him credit for that what I won't do though is what some of the left here do which is act like Obama is fighting the battles Rambo style going in shirtless armed with just a knife and bow and arrow and single handedly taking out all the bad guy's.

I noticed some of this on both sides.

People who protested Bush for war and stretches of authority
deemed unconstitutional are suddenly silent when it comes to Obama doing the same.

Only the few hardcore anti-war anti-govt left
equally against Bush or Obama for being pro corporate politics
were consistently opposed to both. But the majority are willing to
forgive either Bush or Obama, whichever they fear more or less than the other.

On the Republican side, yes, there are the hard core constitutionalists
who protested Bush for bad spending and unconstitutional overreaching
and not just blaming liberals for that. There was silencing of dissension
within both parties, so that's what gave rise to both occupy and tea party.

I have seen so many posts here about the market having a very good day and Libs are pissed
that people on the right haven't "thanked" Obama...

Then when the market drops a bunch of points and we on the right asked what happened
the Libs say that Obama had nothing to do with it...

So let's be fair here.

When good things happen we should all thank the president.
When things go bad it's never Obama....

I have seen so many posts here about the market having a very good day and Libs are pissed
that people on the right haven't "thanked" Obama...

Then when the market drops a bunch of points and we on the right asked what happened
the Libs say that Obama had nothing to do with it...

So let's be fair here.

When good things happen we should all thank the president.
When things go bad it's never Obama....

Also as one of the OP pointed out
why is it that the 1% running Wall Street is evil
but now when the market is down that's bad and needs to be blamed on someone
which way is it

the issues are deeper than just Obama or Bush or whatever party is in which office

People are still in the mode of blaming problems on groups outside themselves
instead of focusing on addressing causes and solutions directly

so as long as you have projection of blame
you already know people are going to be inconsistent in
who they blame instead of taking responsibility for whatever actions can be taken locally

of course people are going to be biased
as long as the projection is outward externally for self-preservation
it is going to be biased and flawed in logic

New American policy and doctrine towards terrorist since Obama took office as President:

Hunt them
Find them
Chase them
KILL OR CAPTURE THEM
No exceptions

Actually not a new policy a carry over from Bush, but you believe what ever you want.

Obama is Commander-in-Chief.

That means he gets to share the credit for big successes like this.

And he shares the blame when SHTF.

That's just how it works.

New American policy and doctrine towards terrorist since Obama took office as President:

Hunt them
Find them
Chase them
KILL OR CAPTURE THEM
No exceptions

Actually not a new policy a carry over from Bush, but you believe what ever you want.

Bush said it, but didn't execute. Wasn't real under Bush. This guy is executing and has made it the real deal. Terrorist community knows it. Only the President's haters here deny it.

That is the main reason we are hated all over the world.

We should work with the governments and let them be responsible for the capture. :cool:

Libya and Somalia governments don't have ability to do that. Obama doctrine is to chase them down, capture or kill al Qaeda and it's friends no matter where they try to hide. If countries don't want raids, drone attacks or any other kind of military action in their county they need to keep the the people we are at war with out of their country.

does that include sidewalk cafes in Tripoli? :eusa_eh:just wondering....

We should work with the governments and let them be responsible for the capture. :cool:

That would be an ideal scenario - but the fact is, we have very superior forces (training, not just numbers or equipment) compared to nations like Libya, Somalia or even Kenya.

I suspect that our friends in those governments were made aware of US involvement, and had approved our participation. Let's wait and see if the Kenyans complain about us jumping ahead of them here, shall we?

It helps to have a smart president.

Let me know when we elect one...

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace
Bullshit
Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.
bullshit
Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 16 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 49 months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

a mountain of bullshit
Obama has done a very good job.
even more bullshit

Obama is Commander-in-Chief.

That means he gets to share the credit for big successes like this.

And he shares the blame when SHTF.

That's just how it works.
So do you agree that he is responsible for the deaths of J. Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone S. Woods?

If a government like Germany or Japan or India or Chile or somewhere civilized that recognizes the right of humans to determine .their destiny, sure.

Libya and Somalia don't fit that.

So, bomb the hell out of the place and get the bad guy

[...]Bush's actions greatly helped Al Qaeda in the Middle East.

Obama's actions are destroying Al Qaeda.
You are quite right about Bush's actions in the Middle East. But rather than destroying Al Qaeda Obama's agressive actions serve mainly to exacerbate an already volatile situation and to recruit more and more suicidal shahids to carry out the mission of that fanatical shadow organization.

Al Qaeda's mission is to eliminate the presence of Western infidels in the Middle East. Instead we are doing our best to provoke terrorist activity against us and the obvious question is, why? If we would withdraw from the Middle East and leave those people alone they will resume fighting between themselves, as they have done throughout their history and will have no time for anti-West terrorism.

Killing Usama bin Laden in Pakistan served only to make a martyr of him and inspire countless numbers of young Islamists to dedicate their own deaths to avenging him. This latest incursion into Somalia will have the same effect.

I believe the best thing we can do is withdraw completely from the Middle East, terminate our unilateral "alliance" with Israel, resign our voluntary status as cops of the world, start minding our own business and see how that works out for us. Because these aggressive incursions and drone attacks serve no purpose other than pissing off a lot of suicidal fanatics and ensuring an increasingly lucrative future for the Military Industrial Complex.

If a government like Germany or Japan or India or Chile or somewhere civilized that recognizes the right of humans to determine .their destiny, sure.

Libya and Somalia don't fit that.

So, bomb the hell out of the place and get the bad guy

Sunniman is upset because his heroes the terrorists Muslims are being killed and captured.

[...]Bush's actions greatly helped Al Qaeda in the Middle East.

Obama's actions are destroying Al Qaeda.
You are quite right about Bush's actions in the Middle East. But rather than destroying Al Qaeda Obama's agressive actions serve mainly to exacerbate an already volatile situation and to recruit more and more suicidal shahids to carry out the mission of that fanatical shadow organization.

Al Qaeda's mission is to eliminate the presence of Western infidels in the Middle East. Instead we are doing our best to provoke terrorist activity against us and the obvious question is, why? If we would withdraw from the Middle East and leave those people alone they will resume fighting between themselves, as they have done throughout their history and will have no time for anti-West terrorism.

Killing Usama bin Laden in Pakistan served only to make a martyr of him and inspire countless numbers of young Islamists to dedicate their own deaths to avenging him. This latest incursion into Somalia will have the same effect.

I believe the best thing we can do is withdraw completely from the Middle East, terminate our unilateral "alliance" with Israel, resign our voluntary status as cops of the world, start minding our own business and see how that works out for us. Because these aggressive incursions and drone attacks serve no purpose other than pissing off a lot of suicidal fanatics and ensuring an increasingly lucrative future for the Military Industrial Complex.

Lets hide....Maybe they'll leave us alone :terror:

Al quaeda's mission is to destroy infidels throughout the world not only in the middle east.

Goin' after al-Shabaab for terrorist strike on Kenyan mall...
:cool:
Military Strike Targets Somalia Terrorist Safe House
October 05, 2013 — Somalia’s al-Shabab militants claim western forces have attacked one of the group’s houses in a coastal town south of the capital, Mogadishu. No military operating in the region has confirmed involvement in the operation, which follows a terrorist siege on a mall in neighboring Kenya that is blamed on al-Shabab.
Witnesses in the al-Shabab controlled town of Barawe told VOA Somali foreign forces attacked a militant safe house around 2:30 a.m. Saturday. They report some of the soldiers descended from helicopters while others may have arrived on boats. Al-Shabab spokesman Abdulaziz Abu Musab confirmed the incident in a recorded statement. “Last night a group of fighters docked at Barawe sea port and stormed at one of the safe house occupied by some of our fighters,” he said. “Our fighters saw these troops, fighting broke out and we repelled them.”

Musab said one militant was killed in the attack, and compared the raid to a failed attempt by French special forces to free a hostage in the town of Bula Marer in January. At least one French soldier was killed in that operation. U.S. special forces also have carried out raids in Somalia in the past. In 2012, an elite team of commandos rescued two aid workers held in central Somalia, and killed nine abductors. Under pressure from regional military forces, al-Shabab has been driven out of major cities in Somalia, but it still controls towns and territory, mostly in the south central regions.

The Islamist group has claimed responsibility for a four-day attack on the Westgate shopping mall in Kenya’s capital Nairobi last month that killed more than 60 people. Al-Shabab’s leaders said the attack was retaliation for Kenya’s ongoing military operations targeting the group in southern Somalia.

Military Strike Targets Somalia Terrorist Safe House

See also:

Somali Militants: Western Forces Raid Base
October 05, 2013 — Somali al Shabaab militants said on Saturday British and Turkish Special Forces had raided a coastal town overnight, killing a rebel fighter, but that a British officer had also been killed and others wounded.
A British Defense Ministry spokeswoman said: "We are not aware of any British involvement in this at all." A Turkish Foreign Ministry official denied any Turkish part in such an action.

A Somali intelligence official said the target of the raid on Shabab's stronghold in the small southern coastal town of Barawe was a Chechen commander, who had been wounded and his guard killed. A total of seven people were killed, said police.

It was not clear whether the assault was related to the attack on a Kenyan mall two weeks ago, which the al Qaeda-linked group said it carried out and which killed at least 67. Nor was there any independent confirmation of what forces were involved.

Both U.S. and French forces have carried out similar raids in the past. The French army denied involvement and the Pentagon declined to comment.

Somali Militants: Western Forces Raid Base

you need to send there Turkish forces , they're the world's best at ground operations , but I dont think Turkish government want to risk them .

Proud eh? Why would anyone be "proud" of a government that creates military havoc across the world to sustain the empire? Do people like you ever study history to see how we ended up here, or are you just statists who really don't give a damn as long as the status quo keeps on chugging along?

"Creates havic"?:cuckoo: there's always a conflict between good and evil what side are you on?

Don't get angry with me until I try to help you understand. I believe good and evil is a matter of perspective, number 1. Number 2, the United States doesn't fight wars to stop evil.

How very true! If I call your posts absurd and non-sensical that's GOOD. If you call the same that's EVIL. That's from my perspective - the only one I have.

Forum List

Back