🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

obama caves again

But I absolutely agree with your comment about this becoming a country run by an over-reaching government, un-elected regulatory regime... and about the special interests... the only 'special interest' group in this country is 'We, the People'.

Well then, nothing personal, but this is the kind of hypocrisy I find so frustrating with the right. They're fine with special interest politics, they just have different special interests (in this case, religion).

Liability is a far right extremist who would not know a real conservative if he came up and shook his hand. :lol: I will let you have the follow up remark wiithout rebuttal and you will still look silly.

By "far right," a poseur like Jakey means "a conservative."

The sad reality is: Jakey deliberately employs the misuse of language as a tool.

Fakey Jakey is ideologically now (and has for a long time been) just another liberal Democratic.

And you, Fakey, cannot "let" me have the last word. I may take it, but you cannot grant it or give it. It isn't yours to give or to withhold. As for looking silly, you do have a grand familiarity with that concept, to wit; almost all of your posts.

Fakey, you are too stubborn and foolish to ever grasp it, but I throw it in your face anyway. There is not a single person at USMB who has read a fair number of your posts who buys your transparently dishonest claim that you ever were a Republican. You are universally recognized as a fraud.

Carry on, cupcake.

Sure, I can, I did, and I can revoke it. And I was right: you looked stupid. Have the last word now. Really!

Your post confirms my statement, Fakey; not yours.

Evidence?

You have YET to be honest enough to admit that you have been a fucking poseur for your entire tenure here at USMB.

You have no credibility for good reason.

(Your post, by the way, was quite stupid even by your generally abysmally low "standards.")

Wait a moment while find my shocked face. :lol:

The left will not like this but will tolerate it for now.

Weren't you one of the people who were saying he wouldn't back down?

Nope. Biden and Panetta warned him, yet the women in the cabinet and his household convinced him against his better instincts. If he had stayed with it, he would have seriously undermined any chance for re-election.

Obama forcing that mandate on Catholic hospitals while Santorum wanted to force unwanted rape pregnancies on women.

Now that would have been an interesting campaign!

Obama does not have the better judgement to think he shouldn't impose the mandate. He got locked into the position because he does not lead, he dithers.

Weren't you one of the people who were saying he wouldn't back down?

Nope. Biden and Panetta warned him, yet the women in the cabinet and his household convinced him against his better instincts. If he had stayed with it, he would have seriously undermined any chance for re-election.

Obama forcing that mandate on Catholic hospitals while Santorum wanted to force unwanted rape pregnancies on women.

Now that would have been an interesting campaign!

Obama does not have the better judgement to think he shouldn't impose the mandate. He got locked into the position because he does not lead, he dithers.
And he is dithering beyond his Constitutional powers to boot.

That's fine, but I would like to be able to have sex with my husband for fun and not just to have kids. Not only would MY health suffer if I got pregnant every time, but so would the health of my kids.

But hey, I've never been a perfect Catholic.

And I'm kind of mystified at your old fashioned attitude.

I'll get over it, though.

Respect for the First Amendment is an 'old fashioned attitude'?

I don't care how many times you repeat it, this is not a first amendment issue.

Can you tell me which part of the constitution actually covers churches then?

That's fine, but I would like to be able to have sex with my husband for fun and not just to have kids. Not only would MY health suffer if I got pregnant every time, but so would the health of my kids.

Respect for the First Amendment is an 'old fashioned attitude'?

I don't care how many times you repeat it, this is not a first amendment issue.
Yes it is. Maybe not YOUR version of whatever copy YOU happen to be reading.

i don't care who does or doesn't use birth control.

i've got a teensy problem with the govt forcing churches to supply it against their beliefs.

i guess i'm old fashioned that way.
Supply it? GMAB.
No one is asking them to supply it.

If the government imposed a mandate on your employer to provide insurance in case church gets struck by lightning, and then argued that no one is forcing you to go to church, would you buy it?

But I absolutely agree with your comment about this becoming a country run by an over-reaching government, un-elected regulatory regime... and about the special interests... the only 'special interest' group in this country is 'We, the People'.

Well then, nothing personal, but this is the kind of hypocrisy I find so frustrating with the right. They're fine with special interest politics, they just have different special interests (in this case, religion).

It's not 'special interest' to defend the First Amendment Rights. It's not granting them anything other than a Right as provided by the Constitution. If you don't like the Constitution, fine. Have that debate... but right now, it is what it is and we have that right and that right is under attack from our own damned government. And they are not allowed to do that... it's unConstitutional.

That's their choice. Insurance is not in the bible, and is not a religious tenet.

I don't understand your point. My point is that when Obama forces the insurance providers to pay for contraceptives, sterilization and abortifacients, he's still forcing Catholic institutions to pay for things which they believe to be contrary to the will of God.

The shift from employer to insurer does not solve the first amendment problem when the insurer is the Catholic church.

Companies that are self-insured have been exempt all along from health care mandates.

Up to this point in time that is true, but that will change very soon.

By "far right," a poseur like Jakey means "a conservative."

The sad reality is: Jakey deliberately employs the misuse of language as a tool.

Fakey Jakey is ideologically now (and has for a long time been) just another liberal Democratic.

And you, Fakey, cannot "let" me have the last word. I may take it, but you cannot grant it or give it. It isn't yours to give or to withhold. As for looking silly, you do have a grand familiarity with that concept, to wit; almost all of your posts.

Fakey, you are too stubborn and foolish to ever grasp it, but I throw it in your face anyway. There is not a single person at USMB who has read a fair number of your posts who buys your transparently dishonest claim that you ever were a Republican. You are universally recognized as a fraud.

Carry on, cupcake.

Sure, I can, I did, and I can revoke it. And I was right: you looked stupid. Have the last word now. Really!

Your post confirms my statement, Fakey; not yours.

Evidence?

You have YET to be honest enough to admit that you have been a fucking poseur for your entire tenure here at USMB.

You have no credibility for good reason.

(Your post, by the way, was quite stupid even by your generally abysmally low "standards.")
He should take solice though that he tends to outdo those standards frequently.He should wear it as a badge of honor.

I don't understand your point. My point is that when Obama forces the insurance providers to pay for contraceptives, sterilization and abortifacients, he's still forcing Catholic institutions to pay for things which they believe to be contrary to the will of God.

The shift from employer to insurer does not solve the first amendment problem when the insurer is the Catholic church.

Companies that are self-insured have been exempt all along from health care mandates.

Up to this point in time that is true, but that will change very soon.

I'm amazed that we've had to repeat that point so many times. The Parrot Principle of the Public Education System doesn't seem to work very well when it goes against their borg instructed thoughts.

Not really. Now he's just DEMANDING that the ins companies offer it for FREE.

He demands complete compliance and utter control.

Except, again, the INsurance companies ALREADY do this in 28 states.

For the insurance companies, this is actually a winner. Paying for birth control is cheaper than paying for live births, especially ones with complications because they had them too close together.

So what Obama did was give the Bishops a peg to hang their silly hats on, while preserving the policy.

I wouldn't have given them that much.

Wrong. What actually happens is that companies that provide prescription drug coverage in those states are required to provide information to their employees that allows them to purchase additional coverage that covers birth control pills. It is not paid for by insurance companies because, until Obama, no one ever thought telling companies they had to do things for free was possible. Sane people still don't think it is possible.

Insurance companies just OVER charge the rest of us to pay for it, it certainly isn't "FREE".

Except they won't "overcharge" anyone.

Family planning is cheaper than live births. So if you take in X in premiums, and family planning for 300 people is cheaper than a live birth for one person, it makes more sense to pay for the family planning.

This is why while the insurance companies have a lot of problems with ObamaCare (as they should), this isn't one of them. This is a rule they are happy to go along with.

What if no one uses the family planning, is it still cheaper than live births, or does it simply add an expense on top of live births?

I will give you a hint, doctors have been telling people to not eat to much for decades, yet you are still a fat slob who lives in your parents basement.

Doesn't stop them from repeating it over and over tho.

That might be because the churches (lots of them) consider it a First Amendment issue. The left, on the other hand, can't seem to get their tiny minds around such a complex issue and prefer to whine about Catholics and birth control.

Not one lefty on this board has explained, rationally, how the First Amendment does not apply. I have outlined why it does. And it has been ignored... y'all are too cowardly to admit that the government does not have the authority to define 'free exercise thereof'

It isn't a first Amendment issue. Nothing in this ruling restricts their ability to practice their base and silly superstitions.

They just can't impose them on other people. Which is how it should be.

The Catholic Church doesn't run schools or hospitals as a matter of faith, they do it to make money.

And once it becomes about the money, the faith isn't an issue anymore. Then it simply becomes a matter of commerce.

"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" - someone said that once.

When Santorum gets elected he pans to institute a rule requiring your insurance company to pay for free counseling from priests. Since you actually won't be forced to use that counseling if you don't want it I am sure you will have no problem with the new mandate because you will not be forced to change your enlightened and scientific viewpoints if you do not want to.

And no...NOT ONE SINGLE STATE had a mandated that FORCED them to do it. The FREE MARKET did it's job.

Not true...(Mind you, this is BEFORE the President's compromise)
OBAMA: For purposes of this subsection, a “religious employer” is an organization that meets all of the following criteria:
(1) The inculcation of religious values is the purpose of the organization.
(2) The organization primarily employs persons who share the religious tenets of the organization.
(3) The organization serves primarily persons who share the religious tenets of the organization.
(4)The organization is a nonprofit organization

– NEW YORK: For purposes of this subsection, a “religious employer” is an entity for which each of the following is true:
(a) The inculcation of religious values is the purpose of the entity.
(b) The entity primarily employs persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(c) The entity serves primarily persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(d) The entity is a nonprofit organization

– CALIFORNIA: For purposes of this section, a “religious employer” is an entity for which each of the following is true:
(A) The inculcation of religious values is the purpose of the entity.
(B) The entity primarily employs persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(C) The entity serves primarily persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(D) The entity is a nonprofit organization

– MICHIGAN: For our purposes, a “religious employer” is an entity for which all the following are true:
(a) The entity is a nonprofit organization
(b) The inculcation of religious values is the purpose of the entity.
(c) The entity primarily employs people who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(d) The entity serves primarily persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.

– OREGON: A “religious employer” is an employer:
(a) Whose purpose is the inculcation of religious values;
(b) That primarily employs persons who share the religious tenets of the employer;
(c) That primarily serves persons who share the religious tenets of the employer; and
(d) That is a nonprofit organization

Twenty-eight states already require employers, including most religiously affiliated institutions, to cover contraception in their health plans. The only change is that now they must cover the full cost.​
Obama Reproductive Health Reg Mirrors State Conscience Protections

Not true. I will let Chris Matthews educate you about copays.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d59UTGDZ6qI&feature=player_embedded]Matthews Scolds Heilemann For Regurgitating Incorrect WH Talking Pts On Catholic Contraception Issue - YouTube[/ame]

And no...NOT ONE SINGLE STATE had a mandated that FORCED them to do it. The FREE MARKET did it's job.

Not true...(Mind you, this is BEFORE the President's compromise)
OBAMA: For purposes of this subsection, a “religious employer” is an organization that meets all of the following criteria:
(1) The inculcation of religious values is the purpose of the organization.
(2) The organization primarily employs persons who share the religious tenets of the organization.
(3) The organization serves primarily persons who share the religious tenets of the organization.
(4)The organization is a nonprofit organization

– NEW YORK: For purposes of this subsection, a “religious employer” is an entity for which each of the following is true:
(a) The inculcation of religious values is the purpose of the entity.
(b) The entity primarily employs persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(c) The entity serves primarily persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(d) The entity is a nonprofit organization

– CALIFORNIA: For purposes of this section, a “religious employer” is an entity for which each of the following is true:
(A) The inculcation of religious values is the purpose of the entity.
(B) The entity primarily employs persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(C) The entity serves primarily persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(D) The entity is a nonprofit organization

– MICHIGAN: For our purposes, a “religious employer” is an entity for which all the following are true:
(a) The entity is a nonprofit organization
(b) The inculcation of religious values is the purpose of the entity.
(c) The entity primarily employs people who share the religious tenets of the entity.
(d) The entity serves primarily persons who share the religious tenets of the entity.

– OREGON: A “religious employer” is an employer:
(a) Whose purpose is the inculcation of religious values;
(b) That primarily employs persons who share the religious tenets of the employer;
(c) That primarily serves persons who share the religious tenets of the employer; and
(d) That is a nonprofit organization

Twenty-eight states already require employers, including most religiously affiliated institutions, to cover contraception in their health plans. The only change is that now they must cover the full cost.​
Obama Reproductive Health Reg Mirrors State Conscience Protections

Not true. I will let Chris Matthews educate you about copays.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d59UTGDZ6qI&feature=player_embedded]Matthews Scolds Heilemann For Regurgitating Incorrect WH Talking Pts On Catholic Contraception Issue - YouTube[/ame]

:clap2::clap2::clap2: SPANKED :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Do it again!!!!!!

Forum List

Back