obama caves again

Life expectancy in the US is more a function of the lifestyle, murder rate, and the fact that Americans are more likely to die from an accident than other countries. Blaming that on health care is stupid, especially when studies have proven that, after a person gets sick, they live longer in the US than in any other industrialized country.

Ahh, I was wondering how long it would take to get this golden oldie out.

Our accident rate isn't higher than any other industrialized country.

Death: Leading Causes of Death in Various Countries

Italy has just a high a car accident death rate and Japan has a higher suicide rate than we do...

Data from 1997, way to be pertinent.

Life expectancy in the US is more a function of the lifestyle, murder rate, and the fact that Americans are more likely to die from an accident than other countries. Blaming that on health care is stupid, especially when studies have proven that, after a person gets sick, they live longer in the US than in any other industrialized country.

Italy has just a high a car accident death rate and Japan has a higher suicide rate than we do...

Note the commas in between THREE concepts. It is a cummulative effect, not individual.

he still uses AOL, and hasn't got an update to the software in years, give him a break.

According to the new plan, religious affiliated hospitals and universities will not be required to list contraception in their health plans or pay for it for their employees. Instead, the burden will fall on insurance companies, which will be mandated to provide contraception coverage to employees of abstaining institutions at no additional premium.

Does not sound like he caved to me. You right wingers are hateful idiots. If he had caved, the bishops would have been happy. They are not.

Contraception Compromise Doesn’t Please Bishops - ABC News

keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. :lol:

Get help.

have another doughnut

Did he say free? I thought he said with no copay. Do you have the same objections to the other things that insurances must offer without copay?

And if so, why? If you must have insurance to receive decent medical care why is it wrong to make insurance companies cover preventative care without copay?

If the service is not covered by the policy and there is no copay, is that not free?
No, it isn't free. Free is when you go down to the public health clinic and get handed free condoms. People pay for their insurance policies.

Why did you not answer my question?

If the church is not required to pay for a policy that covers certain services but Obama says the insurance companies must then provide those services even if they are not included in the policy, then who is paying for said services?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxZwAoZ7IbY]President Obama Speaks on Contraception and Religious Institutions - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Note the commas in between THREE concepts. It is a cummulative effect, not individual.

Point is, they are a very small part of the picture, and other countries are doing just as badly as we are on a per-capita basis.

Nope, we are doing badly because we don't do what the rest of the world does.

Now, I would like to see us have a system like Germany has. There is universal coverage, but they are administered by a combination of public and private plans that maximized choice and can be individually tailored. The Germans have had this system since 1888 and it's survived two world wars and the Nazis.

People taking illegal drugs are criminals. Name one good point to meth.

No, they have an illness and should be treated medically.

Come on, the rest of the world doesn't do this.

We lock up 2 million people. Germany only locks up 78,000. guess which country has higher crime rates?

The lock 'em up shit doesn't work.

People who use drugs do so voluntarily.

Let them deal with their own choices. I should not have to pay for the poor choices of others.

We lock up 2 million people. Germany only locks up 78,000. guess which country has higher crime rates?

Let them deal with their own choices. I should not have to pay for the poor choices of others.

But the problem is, YOU ARE ALREADY PAYING FOR IT.

It costs a lot more to lock a drug offender up than it does to treat him medically. More to the point, locking him up doesn't solve the underlying problem. They still have addiction issues.

Cost of Treatment Vs. Incarceration | eHow.com

the only ones who benefit are the private companies in the Prison-Industrial Complex who profit off those fat government contracts benefiting off of prison labor or providing services to prisons.

Joe Taxpayer, he's left holding the bag.

I see no one came up with a single good point to meth. When you label it a disease, you are just enabling drug users. Make prisons real prisons. They will cost way less. No hot water, keep it at 60 degrees in the winter and 85 in the summer. Hard labor, no recreation or libraries.

It costs a lot more to lock a drug offender up than it does to treat him medically. More to the point, locking him up doesn't solve the underlying problem. They still have addiction issues.

the only ones who benefit are the private companies in the Prison-Industrial Complex who profit off those fat government contracts benefiting off of prison labor or providing services to prisons.

I'm for legalizing all drugs because what a person does to their own body is none of my business and the consequences are solely the individual's

We were talking about community organizing.

I asked what is wrong with it.

This JD guy said 'nothing, as long as it isn't forced'.

I asked for evidence that Obama or Alinsky had ever forced a community to organize anything.

Now you're up to speed.

Another dopey quibble.

That they allegedly didn't "succeed" in forcing people to do anything somehow removes the blot from their records as community activists who SOUGHT to impose shit on others?

Damn but you're dishonest.
Show ANY evidence that they forced anyone - or attempted to force anyone - to organize, Bushie.
That is NOT what you asked Synth. You ASKED what was wrong with organizing a community. That aside...HERE is your evidence!

Judge fines ACORN $5,000 for voter registration scheme - News - ReviewJournal.com

This is one of OVER 30 such cases involving your lord and master Hussein Obama's old community organizing group ACORN stemming from the 2008 presidential elections alone.

Now you can claim that ain't "forcing" a community to organize, but then THAT would be a LIE. Even the ATTEMPT to force representation on a community by cheating the system puts lie to the "when are you going to quit beating your wife" transparency of the original question.

Changing the question when you don't like the answer may work for you...but NOT for the truth!

Now YOU are up to speed!!!

Can you tell me which part of the constitution actually covers churches then?
The church is excluded from this mandate. Their businesses are not. It really is pretty simple.

I can't run a business and state that my religion forbids me from paying taxes.

The church is not a building, it is everyone that believes. Since the 1st Amendment, doesn't actually cover those people, despite what my teachers and every lawyer I know telling me otherwise, can you tell me what part of the constitution actually covers the church?

By the way, you can do what you just said you can't. It won't actually help, and is completely irrelevant to the discussion, but you can still do it. I guess that makes you wrong twice in one sentence.
1st Amendment , US Constitution, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

It does NOT say, the free mental or theoretical exercise thereof. I does NOT say, the free exercise in designated areas or buildings. And it does NOT say, the free exercise Except where government decides it's inconvenient or expedient to do so!

If a religion (a group of people with shared beliefs in a divinity) is "called" to start homeless shelters, build schools or hospitals...OR any other good works...that is a REAL Right as set forth in the Constitution, Congress nor anyone else has a right to interfere in any way...as long as that religion is not infringing on the ENUMERATED Rights of another CITIZEN of the United States of America!

This is a pretty damn simple concept folks and it is at the CORE of why our founders fought and died to deliver unto us this representative republic!

And before any jackwagon steps up and calls me a right wing religious zealot, bent on twisting the constitution to fit my ideology....I AM AN ATHEIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check the obeisty rate in Japan versus the US dumbass. We are sicker people due to our lifestyle in the US.

Okay, maybe you can get away with that nonsense with Japan, but, umm, The Canadians live about four years longer on average than we do... And they eat the same fattening crap we do. Now why is that?

Oh, wait. Could it be that they don't have one out of six people without health insurance? Hmmmmmm?

File:Obesity country comparison - path.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And NEITHER DO WE have 1 out of 6 uninsured. What the FACTS are is that only between 25 and 30 million American CITIZENS are uninsured at any given point. It varies with the economy.

Now I don't know how strong your math skills are...but that is less than 10% or under 1 in 10...NOT 1 in 6!

THAT is just asinine!

And by the way, nearly 40% of the uninsured who ARE elgible for public assisted health care...DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!

And here is some more facts for ya. Of those 30 million or so...20% are ILLEGAL ALIENS. And nearly 50% are people who either make more than 200% of national average for income and choose not to buy insurance OR are between 18 and 35, are OFFERED health insurance and choose not to participate.

So by the time you deduct ILLEGALS and voluntarily uninsured out, the REAL number of those who are uninsured is between 8 and 10 million. And they were almost to a person ALREADY eligible for health care under either Medicaid or Medicare. Some 18 million or so qualify as a matter of fact!

Universal health care is legislating OUT choice...NOT in!

Here is the thing. If the freakin' government wasn't spending TRILLIONS on getting into peoples choice, protecting illegals, legislating morality and regulating insurance...WE COULD AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF THE UNINSURED...UNIVERSALLY!!!

This argument was WRONG when they passed Obamacare and it's wrong now!

Obamacare and these over reaching, unconstitutional inflictions forced upon Americans by progressives in BOTH parties using doctored numbers and half truths to convince the gullible have GOT to go!

Why don't you become informed??? Choices??? Voluntarily??? You're quite ignorant.

Point is, they are a very small part of the picture, and other countries are doing just as badly as we are on a per-capita basis.

Nope, we are doing badly because we don't do what the rest of the world does.

Now, I would like to see us have a system like Germany has. There is universal coverage, but they are administered by a combination of public and private plans that maximized choice and can be individually tailored. The Germans have had this system since 1888 and it's survived two world wars and the Nazis.

Other countries have the same murder rate that we do? You better inform your gun control buddies about that, they seem to think we are the murder capital of the industrialized world.

Wait, we are.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why should we pay for treatment or incarceration?

I see no one came up with a single good point to meth. When you label it a disease, you are just enabling drug users. Make prisons real prisons. They will cost way less. No hot water, keep it at 60 degrees in the winter and 85 in the summer. Hard labor, no recreation or libraries.

Drug addicts look at jail as time to get healthy so they can get back out and do drugs, making it harder will not impact use one percentage point.

As for positive uses of meth, it treats a few medical conditions.

Methamphetamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i suspect it's because roving gangs of mormons and catholics used to mock him because of his tiny penis.

What the hell?? Are you an obnoxious teenager??? Grow up.
What Del is trying to uncerremoniously trying to tell the like of you is to grow up and leave people to thier own devices and liberty...and it is YOU that need to grow up.

Speak for yourself and don't try to help other idiots like Del. You have all you can handle yourself.

Why don't we just whip and torture them, while you are at it?

On the other hand, maybe you can find some BDSM buddies somewhere and get your rocks off a lot cheaper than what it's costing the rest of us for your sadism.

Forum List

Back