Obama greeted by Confederate flags in Oklahoma

REally?

I posted two sentences. You didn't consider the possibility that the second sentence might be connected to the first?

Try answering the second sentence and see if it is enlightening to the meaning of the first.

What do you think that implies about those that are flying the flag?

If you were to learn that black people felt fear and hate when seeing that flag, would it give you a moment of pause?

I recall a long time ago.

A good friend of mine, a young woman was complaining about another young woman, a very hot rival of hers at a local theater company they both were part of.

The rival, a very hot blond was from the South and sometimes wore a very tight pair of pants with a confederate flag on the one pocket.

My friend opined that this girl was going to get her ass kicked by local blacks.

I didn't say anything at the time. She was venting.

But I remember thinking.

This chick wears a pair of pants, and hypothetically is beaten, and she is the problem?

Wouldn't a reasonable person consider the violent thugs in question the problem?

Considering the black on white crime vs the white on black crime, if blacks claimed to be afraid, I would tell them to "toughen up".
Cool story, bro.

It is revealing as to how liberals think today.

The person wearing pants was the problem, not the hypothetical violent thugs who would have assaulted her.
My goodness, who has made THAT claim?

Old lib friend of mine.

If you were to learn that black people felt fear and hate when seeing that flag, would it give you a moment of pause?

A good friend of mine, a young woman was complaining about another young woman, a very hot rival of hers at a local theater company they both were part of.

The rival, a very hot blond was from the South and sometimes wore a very tight pair of pants with a confederate flag on the one pocket.

My friend opined that this girl was going to get her ass kicked by local blacks.

But I remember thinking.

This chick wears a pair of pants, and hypothetically is beaten, and she is the problem?

Wouldn't a reasonable person consider the violent thugs in question the problem?

Considering the black on white crime vs the white on black crime, if blacks claimed to be afraid, I would tell them to "toughen up".
Cool story, bro.

The person wearing pants was the problem, not the hypothetical violent thugs who would have assaulted her.

Old lib friend of mine.
Cool story, bro.

But I remember thinking.

Cool story, bro.

Old lib friend of mine.
Cool story, bro.

Thanks. It stuck with me.

The person wearing the pants was the problem, not the hypothetical violent thugs who would have assaulted her.

Do you not agree with her on that?

Cool story, bro.

Old lib friend of mine.
Cool story, bro.

The person wearing the pants was the problem, not the hypothetical violent thugs who would have assaulted her.

Why would I agree with a fiction story?

Old lib friend of mine.
Cool story, bro.

Calling me a liar?

Well, fuck you.

It happened, and it is how you libs think.

You focus on what you want to focus on and ignore real issues.

And...John McCain? He'd have stood on the steps of the Capitol in a KKK outfit with a lit cross if it meant he'd have won the presidency.

The question was not if he would, in some world run a racist campaing, but DID HE.

Did he run a racist campaign?

Because for all your concern about the flag being divisive, you don't seem to care that Obama falsely accused McCain of running a racist campaign.

Now that was divisive!

And you voted for that guy.

So, save your pretense about being concerned about division.

I remember McCain accusing Obama of playing the race card. When did Obama say that McCain was running a racist campaign?

Remember "they are going to tell you that he doesn't look like the other guys on those bills"?

Do you need a link?

That was Obama accusing McCain, falsely of running a negative campaign.

That was incredibly divisive.

Do you know that I hoped that the election of a black president would be a big step forward in race relations?

I didn't think it would, but I hoped it would.

For you to let that pass and yet be sooooooo concerned about the Confederate Flag reveals your concern to be hypocritical.

Did he actually accuse McCain of running a racist campaign?

And...John McCain? He'd have stood on the steps of the Capitol in a KKK outfit with a lit cross if it meant he'd have won the presidency.

The question was not if he would, in some world run a racist campaing, but DID HE.

Because for all your concern about the flag being divisive, you don't seem to care that Obama falsely accused McCain of running a racist campaign.

Now that was divisive!

I remember McCain accusing Obama of playing the race card. When did Obama say that McCain was running a racist campaign?

Remember "they are going to tell you that he doesn't look like the other guys on those bills"?

Do you need a link?

Do you know that I hoped that the election of a black president would be a big step forward in race relations?

For you to let that pass and yet be sooooooo concerned about the Confederate Flag reveals your concern to be hypocritical.

Yep.

Obama Aide Concedes Dollar Bill Remark Referred to His Race - ABC News

"Sen. Barack Obama's chief strategist conceded that the Democratic presidential candidate was referring to his race when he said Republicans were trying to scare voters by suggesting Obama "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

The comment had triggered a charge Thursday from Sen. John McCain's campaign manager that Obama had "played the race card... from the bottom of the deck."

Playing the Race Card
Obama's camp initially denied the remark was a reference to Obama's race."

Now that is some serious dividing.

Now that was divisive!

Do you need a link?

Yep.

"Sen. Barack Obama's chief strategist conceded that the Democratic presidential candidate was referring to his race when he said Republicans were trying to scare voters by suggesting Obama "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

The comment had triggered a charge Thursday from Sen. John McCain's campaign manager that Obama had "played the race card... from the bottom of the deck."

Playing the Race Card

I didn't let anything pass. The McCain's comments WERE a dog whistle. Obama called it what it was.

Now that was divisive!

Do you need a link?

Yep.

Playing the Race Card

I didn't let anything pass. The comment WAS a dog whistle. Obama called it what it was.

He made up that comment. NO one said it but him.

So, what reason NOW do you have for giving him a pass?

Do you need a link?

Yep.

Playing the Race Card

I didn't let anything pass. The comment WAS a dog whistle. Obama called it what it was.

Nope. He was responding to thee tone of the McCain/Palin campaign and the general idea that Obama isn't "one of us". You must have had your head buried in a bowl of grits to miss it.

Need some video as a reminder?

Do you need a link?

Yep.

Playing the Race Card

Nope. He was responding to thee tone of the McCain/Palin campaign and the general idea that Obama isn't "one of us". You must have had your head buried in a bowl of grits to miss it.

Yes I do, if you are claiming that John McCain ran a racist campaign.

Old lib friend of mine.
Cool story, bro.

Calling me a liar?

Well, fuck you.

It happened, and it is how you libs think.

You focus on what you want to focus on and ignore real issues.
As I said...cool story, bro.

Yep.

Playing the Race Card

Yes I do, if you are claiming that John McCain ran a racist campaign.

I am claiming that McCain and Palin ran a campaign loaded with DOG WHISTLES and their supporters heard them.

How stupid does one have to be to wave the confederate flag at a black president?

This flag ain't racist......ask the negro up there

NOpe. I recognize you guys that have been attacking Southerns as the haters.

As you personally have constantly shown with your admitted hatred and bigotry and now with wanting to imprison people for no reason other than being from a different culture than you.

Well, no, I want to lock them up for being bigots and haters... and being stupid in general.

Hey, did you hear about the black lady who was down in the Old South, got arrested and then was found hanged in her cell? This happened last week!

wow. just wow.

what should the punishment be for having a coffee cup with a confederate flag on it? 6 months in prison?

Works for me. The Confederate Flag should be treated like a Swastika flag.

No it shouldn't

-Geaux
The Confederate flag and the Swastika are interchangeable. The Far Right in Germany uses the Confederate flag because the Swastika is outlawed there.

Forum List

Back