Obama: Inability to get tougher gun laws shameful

Exasperated Obama: Inability to get tougher gun laws shameful - CNN.com

I will tell you, I have been in Washington for a while now. Most things don't surprise me. The fact that 20 six year olds were gunned down in the most violent fashion possible and this town couldn't do anything about it was stunning to me," he said.

did he feel that way when he was passing out a couple of thousand

assault rifles to criminals under the guise of a sting operation

that has resulted in the deaths of at least two Americans

and over three hundred Mexicans

Obama never passed out guns. He allowed Arizonas weak gun laws to operate

assuredly he passed out the guns

that much is clear

and admitted to

I will tell you, I have been in Washington for a while now. Most things don't surprise me. The fact that 20 six year olds were gunned down in the most violent fashion possible and this town couldn't do anything about it was stunning to me," he said.

Not true the ATF had to ORDER FFL to sell illegally. I guess you don't bother reading facts now do you?

I am so frikken tired of that man lecturing us

He is just the President, not our lord or father for him to come out and scold us as people and our country...

That man has never had one thing good thing to say about us, ever

He is so in our face all the time I like to know what gives him the right to come out to lecture and preach as if he some holy man

You notice they find a time for his sermons on Teleivision in a moments notice...this wasn't something like 9/11 he needed to speak to the country

Last edited:
I am so frikken tired of that man lecturing us

He is just the President, not our lord or father for him to come out and scold us as people and our country...

That man has never had one thing good thing to say about us, ever

He is so in our face all the time I like to know what gives him the right to come out to lecture and preach as if he some holy man

You notice they find a time for his sermons on Teleivision in a moments notice...this wasn't something like 9/11 he needed to speak to the country
giphy.gif

First off

Cultural change: Women, your husband/boyfriend has anger issues and a tendency towards domestic violence? Refuse to go back to him if there are guns in the house. Your child is creepy and scares even you? Do not keep guns in the house and do not buy him that AR-15 he wants for his birthday. Your spouse suffers with depression? Get rid of the guns

Laws?

If you are under the care of a pschiatrist and he sees you are a threat....you go on the no guns list. You suffer from depression? No gun list. Wife beater? No guns list. Felon? No guns list. You are taking certain psychotic medications that you become unstable when you go off them? No guns list

Next comes background checks. Not just in gun shops....every transaction. You sell guns to someone on the no guns list? You spend time in jail

Blame the victim. Typical liberal.

We dont strip people of rights based on the opinion of a psychiatrist. Recall that the Soviets labeled many dissenters as psychiatrically ill and institutionalized them. We dont need to go there.
Wife beaters, felons, and people involuntarily committed are already prohibited.
Background checks work only when both parties are honest. When both are dishonest they dont. Or they could be like Adam Lanza and skip the waiting period and just steal a gun instead.
/fail. utter fail.

Move along....nothing to see here

Nothing you can do will stop mass killings
No law will prevent anything
Guns don't kill people...people kill people
Don't even try

Moral of the story.....you see more innocent children lying in a pool of blood...Tough
We got a second amendment

the second amendment has nothing to do with murders you ignorant fool.

First off

Cultural change: Women, your husband/boyfriend has anger issues and a tendency towards domestic violence? Refuse to go back to him if there are guns in the house. Your child is creepy and scares even you? Do not keep guns in the house and do not buy him that AR-15 he wants for his birthday. Your spouse suffers with depression? Get rid of the guns

Laws?

If you are under the care of a pschiatrist and he sees you are a threat....you go on the no guns list. You suffer from depression? No gun list. Wife beater? No guns list. Felon? No guns list. You are taking certain psychotic medications that you become unstable when you go off them? No guns list

Next comes background checks. Not just in gun shops....every transaction. You sell guns to someone on the no guns list? You spend time in jail

fair points except the last point. how would a private party conduct a background check?

further, this does nothing to resolve illegal gun sales.

The same way a private party conducts a credit check

a credit check is far different than a background check. not surprised you don't know the difference.

First off

Laws?

We dont strip people of rights based on the opinion of a psychiatrist. Recall that the Soviets labeled many dissenters as psychiatrically ill and institutionalized them. We dont need to go there.
Wife beaters, felons, and people involuntarily committed are already prohibited.
Background checks work only when both parties are honest. When both are dishonest they dont. Or they could be like Adam Lanza and skip the waiting period and just steal a gun instead.
/fail. utter fail.

Don't even try

Moral of the story.....you see more innocent children lying in a pool of blood...Tough

Like aborted fetuses?

Want to see a bunch of pictures?

The alleged ills of society have become cliches to the low information left. What freaking new gun laws would have prevented the ATF from their crazy scheme to supply Mex drug cartels with 3,000 freaking illegal weapons? We don't need new gun laws. We need to reelect people with some freaking sense.

Wrong! Do you ever get anything right. Gun store owners were asked by ATF to sell guns to drug traffickers. So, they ATF was at fault and the orders came form Washington.

Don't try to blame weak gun laws because it is blatantly untrue.

/fail. utter fail.

Don't even try

Like aborted fetuses?

they don't count ...aborted fetuses are out of site so out of mind for them

you never seem them shed a tear for those babies who would become adults and would be American citizens..55MILLION since 1979

fair points except the last point. how would a private party conduct a background check?

further, this does nothing to resolve illegal gun sales.

The same way a private party conducts a credit check

a credit check is far different than a background check. not surprised you don't know the difference.

Captain Obvious chimes in

The process is the same. A private citizen logs into a public data base of those who are banned from owning guns

/fail. utter fail.

Don't even try

Like aborted fetuses?

Wow

Since abortion is legal, you justify the massacre of six year olds

You are one sick fuck

/fail. utter fail.

Don't even try

the second amendment has nothing to do with murders you ignorant fool.

It has EVERYTHING to do with those murders

Its another one of those "we have to do something immediately" types. Never mind that we have enough laws, many of which heavily infringe upon the second.
No one is saying to take away the Second Amendment but the problem is much different today than when the framers of the Constitution wrote and enacted it. Today, we face far greater risks if we just stand by idly and do nothing. We cannot afford to do that anymore. It seems that almost every day there is a mass shooting in some state and innocent victims, many who are children, are losing their lives unnecessarily. Is that being fair to them? What if it was your children or you who lost your life in that manner? That is why I proposed enacting new and tougher laws that will make potential crazy people stand back and take a look at what could happen to them should they go on a wild shooting spree. The new laws would not affect the Second Amendment as it is written but only address the mass, random killings by those crazy enough to go do it because our current laws are simply inadequate and not strong enough for what we are now facing. It would also address those who, in the course of just feeling more empowered or in the course of committing a crime such as robbery, rape, etc. where they would willfully and indiscriminately kill those who would stand in their way. The problem is we do not have tougher laws on the books to address the problems we face today vs. those of yesteryear. And that is what makes killers so comfortable in that they may merely get a slap on the wrist, a few short years in jail with parole, or in some cases just probation if they go out and kill someone. And you know what? Without the new laws in place They Most Certainly Will!

I know people are tired of new laws but when they are warranted such as in this instance then it is not only due to being remiss about enacting the much needed new laws but it is downright wrong to allow indiscriminate killers to continue to get away with murder just because we do not have the 'hormones' to pass new and much needed laws that would provide for much harsher penalties. In the end, we will have no one else to blame but ourselves for our complacency with the status quo and many more innocent people will continue to die unnecessarily. Is that something you could live comfortably with for the rest of your life knowing you could have pushed for new laws that could help save lives, perhaps your very own or that of a family member?

Wrong, please try again.
Well sorry if you don't like it but that's how it actually is and what could surely help to stop the madness that has become so pervasive in these United States.

No one is saying to take away the Second Amendment
No, they're just saying to violate it as freely and often as they want.

That is why I proposed enacting new and tougher laws that will make potential crazy people stand back and take a look at what could happen to them should they go on a wild shooting spree.
And the legislation you will enact to accomplish that is... what?
Oh dear one, if I only had the power to do so! But if you go back and re-read what I was saying you will understand what I propose needs to be done in order to help curb this serious problem that is now running rampant across America. But if nothing is done, guess what? There will only be even more brutalities and killings when we could have at least tried to stop them by enacting harsher legislation with much greater punishment.

Well sorry if you don't like it but that's how it actually is and what could surely help to stop the madness that has become so pervasive in these United States.

Do you honestly feel we need a ton of new laws with no more intent to enforce them than has been shown about enforcing the hundreds of gun restricting laws we already have?

No one is saying to take away the Second Amendment but the problem is much different today than when the framers of the Constitution wrote and enacted it. Today, we face far greater risks if we just stand by idly and do nothing. We cannot afford to do that anymore. It seems that almost every day there is a mass shooting in some state and innocent victims, many who are children, are losing their lives unnecessarily. Is that being fair to them? What if it was your children or you who lost your life in that manner? That is why I proposed enacting new and tougher laws that will make potential crazy people stand back and take a look at what could happen to them should they go on a wild shooting spree. The new laws would not affect the Second Amendment as it is written but only address the mass, random killings by those crazy enough to go do it because our current laws are simply inadequate and not strong enough for what we are now facing. It would also address those who, in the course of just feeling more empowered or in the course of committing a crime such as robbery, rape, etc. where they would willfully and indiscriminately kill those who would stand in their way. The problem is we do not have tougher laws on the books to address the problems we face today vs. those of yesteryear. And that is what makes killers so comfortable in that they may merely get a slap on the wrist, a few short years in jail with parole, or in some cases just probation if they go out and kill someone. And you know what? Without the new laws in place They Most Certainly Will!

I know people are tired of new laws but when they are warranted such as in this instance then it is not only due to being remiss about enacting the much needed new laws but it is downright wrong to allow indiscriminate killers to continue to get away with murder just because we do not have the 'hormones' to pass new and much needed laws that would provide for much harsher penalties. In the end, we will have no one else to blame but ourselves for our complacency with the status quo and many more innocent people will continue to die unnecessarily. Is that something you could live comfortably with for the rest of your life knowing you could have pushed for new laws that could help save lives, perhaps your very own or that of a family member?

Wrong, please try again.
That is NOT how it is, that is just how you see it. A far cry from how it really is.

I'm sure more gun laws will fix the problem all the current gun laws haven't.

Not more gun laws, simply enforcing the ones we have after removing the "with the exception of" clause followed by all previous statutes pertaining to gun control.

Try reading a few and learn something.

Do you honestly feel we need a ton of new laws with no more intent to enforce them than has been shown about enforcing the hundreds of gun restricting laws we already have?

Not more gun laws, simply enforcing the ones we have after removing the "with the exception of" clause followed by all previous statutes pertaining to gun control.

Please cite a gun law with the phrase "with the exception of" that you would like to see removed.

Forum List

Back