Obama officially turns back on Isreal.

this is a balls up.

Israel rejects US call for withdrawal to 1967 position

Posted by Agencies on May 20th, 2011 // No Comment

snip-

“Prime Minister Netanyahu expects to hear a reaffirmation from President Obama of US commitments made to Israel in 2004, which were overwhelmingly supported by both Houses of Congress,” read a statement released late Thursday, “Among other things, those commitments relate to Israel not having to pull out to the 1967 line which are both hard to defend and would leave major Israeli population centers in Judea and Samaria (in the West Bank) beyond those lines.”

The News Tribe » Israel rejects US call for withdrawal to 1967 position

also....

snip-

Moving country by country, Obama offered his toughest words yet for Syrian President Bashar Assad, in whom the U.S. has lost hope as a reformer given his government’s bloody crackdown on dissidents. Obama did not call for Assad to step down but did accuse him of murdering his people. “The Syrian people have shown their courage in demanding a transition,” Obama said. “President Assad now has a choice: He can lead that transition or get out of the way.”

One 24-year-old Syrian said the U.S. president was too late.

“It’s too bad hundreds of people died before he made the speech,” said Mustafa, who fled the coastal town of Banias, which has seen some of the biggest protests in recent weeks, and who did not give his surname for fear of reprisals. “I think it’s too late for Assad to lead a peaceful transition to democracy after all that happened.”

In seizing his own Mideast moment, Obama offered a speech that was in some ways notable for what he did not mention.

While critical of autocracy throughout the Mideast, he failed to mention the region’s largest, richest and arguably most repressive nation, U.S. ally Saudi Arabia. Nor did he mention Jordan, a staunch U.S. ally that has a peace deal with Israel. Also left out was the United Arab Emirates, the wealthy, pro-American collection of mini-states on the Persian Gulf.

On the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, he raised the question of Hamas but did not seek to answer it. A proposed unity Palestinian government would pair the Fatah-dominated administration in the West Bank and the Gaza-run Hamas, which is considered a terrorist organization by the U.S. and seeks to destroy Israel.

“How can one negotiate with a party that has shown itself unwilling to recognize your right to exist?” Obama asked. “In the weeks and months to come, Palestinian leaders will have to provide a credible answer to that question.”

Obama also conceded that borders were just a start. He had no blueprint for resolving enormous conflicts over the status of Jerusalem and the fate of Palestinian refugees.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ue-democracy/2011/05/18/AFgxUn6G_story_1.html

*shrugs* well , we'll see what happens in the "weeks and months" to come...20 some odd months down the drain.....

Last edited:
Why the hell would Israel listen to Obama????

He has no authority over them. Is he going to start bombing Israel if they don't budge like he did in Libya? The military would arrest him over that unlawful order.

Does he think he can tell Canada what to do with their land? They have to give this piece of land back to the indians, this piece to the English and this piece back to France....

Why the hell would Israel listen to Obama????

He has no authority over them. Is he going to start bombing Israel if they don't budge like he did in Libya? The military would arrest him over that unlawful order.

Does he think he can tell Canada what to do with their land? They have to give this piece of land back to the indians, this piece to the English and this piece back to France....

Because he's "THE ONE":eusa_whistle::lol:

this is a balls up.

snip-

“Prime Minister Netanyahu expects to hear a reaffirmation from President Obama of US commitments made to Israel in 2004, which were overwhelmingly supported by both Houses of Congress,” read a statement released late Thursday, “Among other things, those commitments relate to Israel not having to pull out to the 1967 line which are both hard to defend and would leave major Israeli population centers in Judea and Samaria (in the West Bank) beyond those lines.”

I Don't blame them for rejecting it. They WON the territory fair and square in BATTLE...and only when ATTACKED...

Now Obama wants them to give it back...as with Obama's Domestic policy on the borders...He seems to want US to give back territory fought for and WON from Mexicans...while wanting to make illegals Citizens...

Obama is so wrong on so many levels...

Maybe Gators and Moats would DO us a service?

this is a balls up.

snip-

I Don't blame them for rejecting it. They WON the territory fair and square in BATTLE...and only when ATTACKED...

Now Obama wants them to give it back...as with Obama's Domestic policy on the borders...He seems to want US to give back territory fought for and WON from Mexicans...while wanting to make illegals Citizens...

I can only rep you so many times during a 24hr period.:clap2:

I don't blame Israel for telling us to fuck off.

and how odd that SUDDENLY liberals want the US to be world police..

this is a balls up.

snip-

I can only rep you so many times during a 24hr period.:clap2:

I'm only asking pertinent questions...making the same observations...You're very kind.

I'm shocked they didn't tell us to bend over...and WE would have deserved it thanks to Obama...

No shit , how would we feel if one of our allies came to us and said "You know, you should really return california, arizona,new mexico, and texas to the Mexico. It's just not fair that you kept the spoils of war?

They like to play world police when they think they can win a Nobel Peace Prize and/or "saving" muslims is involved (Bosnia, Somalia, Libya).

Also, if they can screw over Jews or Christians that works too.

I'm shocked they didn't tell us to bend over...and WE would have deserved it thanks to Obama...

No shit , how would we feel if one of our allies came to us and said "You know, you should really return california, arizona,new mexico, and texas to the Mexico. It's just not fair that you kept the spoils of war?

Right on POINT. And what Obama is telling Israel what they have to do to bring PEACE...Obama is WET behind the ears.

I am simply floored....

Tel Aviv Journal: President Obama’s Wrongheaded Middle East Counselors

Martin Peretz

* May 18, 2011 | 12:00 am

Wowy, zowy, Obama is doing his own thinking on the Middle East and here’s the even worse news: He’s taking advice from Tom Friedman and Fareed Zakaria.

These pathetic tidings about the inner Barack Obama, who puts his very own twist on all things, particularly Arab and Muslim matters, and the other Barack Obama, who needs counsel from two political therapists, famous and even clever but not especially deep, come from the subtle and highly reliable journalist Mark Landler in The New York Times. These tidbits are not contradictory. Zakaria’s diagnosis, at least for the last few years, is that America is over, just plumb over. Or, to use the ill-omened word from his The Post-American World, “enfeebled,” which implies continuous decline. Enfeebled nations do not, after all, usually rise again. Zakaria was, however, more than a bit mortified by being called a presidential adviser, although it was he who labeled himself. He posted a statement on Saturday saying, well, that he didn't really advise but spoke to Obama several times in face-to-face meeting about the Arab Spring (which, by the way, in my view is fast becoming Arab winter, like the east coast winter last season.) Anyway, if he is trying to establish a difference, it’s not a distinction.

more at-

Tel Aviv Journal: President Obama

and-

At night in the family residence, an adviser said, Mr. Obama often surfs the blogs of experts on Arab affairs or regional news sites to get a local flavor for events. He has sounded out prominent journalists like Fareed Zakaria of Time magazine and CNN and Thomas L. Friedman, a columnist at The New York Times, regarding their visits to the region. “He is searching for a way to pull back and weave a larger picture,” Mr. Zakaria said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/12/us/politics/12prexy.html?_r=3&ref=marklandler&pagewanted=all

Last edited:
They like to play world police when they think they can win a Nobel Peace Prize and/or "saving" muslims is involved (Bosnia, Somalia, Libya).

Also, if they can screw over Jews or Christians that works too.

And why don't WE ask if this is an effort by OBAMA to KEEP HIS Peace prize?

Obama better be careful. Lots of voting Jews in New York. and Florida. Could cost him an election.

I have no problem returning southern California.

Forum List

Back