Obama omits 'under god' in ken burns Gettysburg address

I loathe Obama... and his Iranian Valerie Jarrett

may he

go

away

he and his Chelley and his Valerie

go away forever like a bad nightmare..................POOF...........GO AWAY

Why do you hate them? It may be you are the one that needs to "go away".

Didn't he think anyone would notice?

Apparently you didn't notice Obama read the Nicolay copy, the second half of which you have your panties in a twist about was written on the grounds of Gettysburg. It is quite likely that is the one Lincoln actually read for his speech.

Do you think it might be possible the documentarian had five celebrities read the five known copies?

Are you tryin to say that Hussein had a different copy than everyone else? Desperate times call for desperate excuses I guess.

More ironic than you realize. :rofl:

What is it about the word "god" that so frightens progressive/liberals that they cannot tolerate hearing the word spoken, or bear reading it?

What is it about the word "god" that so frightens the RW that they fall to the ground in grand mal seizures if they don't hear it 24/7...even in speeches that it does not contain?

Although, I do enjoy the stirring defense of the Gettysburg Address from the same people who are normally calling Lincoln the greatest tyrant in American history.

It's also the same people that still root for the Confederacy.

Make no mistake. These folks are completely Anti American.

America is not a Christian Theocracy. It's not a Christian Nation. Never has been. And hopefully never will be.

America is secular by design. And that design is the United States Constitution.

So libs, why did 57 people including ken burns read the Gettysburg address but Obama didn't?

Although, I do enjoy the stirring defense of the Gettysburg Address from the same people who are normally calling Lincoln the greatest tyrant in American history.

America is not a Christian Theocracy. It's not a Christian Nation. Never has been. And hopefully never will be.

America is secular by design. And that design is the United States Constitution.
But of course ignore the 2nd amendment

PROOF?

Post the proof of this utterly idiotic crap that the rw's post every single day.

1384950358000-AAspeech.jpg

Obama makes handwritten tribute to Gettysburg Address

Did he get to pick the one without the God reference or was it just the luck of the draw? It's a rhetorical question. The president never reads anything that he hasn't proof read.

Why would he proof read the Gettysburg Address?

Meh, the only one of 61 before him who have not altered it. Just fits this assholes MO

-Geaux

He didn't alter it. The producers of the project asked certain people to read certain versions.

Oh? Oh, that's right...since 2008 people like you have cried and cried and cried that Obama was going to take your guns. Still got em, don't you?

Nobody knows what Lincoln's exact spoken words were. All the stenographers of the day wrote something a bit different, and all of Lincoln's 5 drafts are a little different.

The Nicolay copy is Lincoln's speaking copy. It does not contain "under God", but it's assumed Lincoln made that an impromptu addition, as the newspapers all report that phrase.

The Bliss copy, penned later by Lincoln, is now called the "official" copy. Wanting to improve it a bit, Lincoln made some other minor changes in the Bliss copy that weren't in the spoken speech.

So, if someone is declaring that only the official Bliss copy version can be cited, they are not using the same words Lincoln recited. That makes such people raging dishonest hypocrites, for _not_ using Lincoln's actual spoken words, then screaming how everyone else has to use Lincoln's actual spoken words. Which nobody actually knows.

Again, we don't have the spoken words of Lincoln. We have 5 drafts by Lincoln, all a little different, and some newspaper accounts of the speech, all a little different. So, if someone is going to go insane with hatred over one draft, they ought to direct their insanity at the writer, Lincoln, instead of someone simply reading Lincoln's draft.

Anyways, every ODS crank on this thread did yet another of their patented face plants into a cow patty here. Same old same old. They blindly parroted all the lies because they wanted so badly to hate, and they end up looking like flaming 'tards again. So what will they do about it? Like so many battered spouses, ODSers will dutifully run back to their abusers and beg for more abuse. They'll get told what lies to tell everyone, and they'll run back here to bleat them out. That's why most people now correctly assume that if an ODSer's lips are moving, he's lying.

"under God" wasn't in the original. And Lincoln was an atheist anyway, so the insertion would be nothing more than demagoguery of the day to appease the holier than thou.

"God" has nothing to do with Gettysburg or government anyway. Not in this country.

Did he get to pick the one without the God reference or was it just the luck of the draw? It's a rhetorical question. The president never reads anything that he hasn't proof read.

Why would he proof read the Gettysburg Address?

Meh, the only one of 61 before him who have not altered it. Just fits this assholes MO

-Geaux

From the clown who kept running a fake Putin quote in his sig line.

Irony alert.

There are five known copies of the Gettysburg Address. As I listened to Obama reading the Address, it became obvious he was reading John G. Nicolay's copy.

Nicolay was Lincoln's personal secretary.

This is most likely the copy that was actually read at Gettysburg, you idiot fucks. The second half of it, which is the part in dispute in this topic, was written on the grounds of Gettysburg.

Thank you. I came here to post that very thing. It was at Ken Burns' request.

Right-Wing Noise Machine Fabricates Gettysburg Address Omission To Attack Obama | Blog | Media Matters for America

Ah! Just as I suggested:

Home | Learn the Address

To celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address, documentarian Ken Burns, along with numerous partners, has launched a national effort to encourage everyone in America to video record themselves reading or reciting the speech.The collection of recordings housed on this site will continue to grow as more and more people are inspired by the power of history and take the challenge to LEARN THE ADDRESS.

Did you know there are five versions of the Gettysburg Address? We asked President Obama to read the first, the 'Nicolay Version'

Idiot fucks.

No one is an idiot, G. It happens you were right. While you were going off, you didn't know it for sure just as anyone else. You could have been wrong, but it was luck. Can't give you credit for this one.

Them proving him right doesn't mean he wasn't right to begin with. As far as I know, G is an historian. He knew what version was involved before most of us knew there WERE versions.

And he is no fan of Obama.

Documentary . Hope to have a link soon

You know, I don't have a problem with O's atheism but I do have a problem with him pushing it on others, and in the most manipulative and secretive way, in which he is doing that and everything else to undermine America's traditions in favor of all things, Muslim. :eusa_hand:

What pisses me off is he professed his Christianity.
His focus on politics is so intense, he has no more of a grasp on reality than an actor in a play

Apparently, you guys do the Christian in name only bit just like the RINO bit.

Bad news is - you can't actually deny him his rights under Christ. ;)

There are five known copies of the Gettysburg Address. As I listened to Obama reading the Address, it became obvious he was reading John G. Nicolay's copy.

Nicolay was Lincoln's personal secretary.

This is most likely the copy that was actually read at Gettysburg, you idiot fucks. The second half of it, which is the part in dispute in this topic, was written on the grounds of Gettysburg.

Thank you. I came here to post that very thing. It was at Ken Burns' request.

Right-Wing Noise Machine Fabricates Gettysburg Address Omission To Attack Obama | Blog | Media Matters for America

Ken Burns is a stickler for authenticity. :thup:

Dear attackers;

This is how things should go.

This is what actually happened in this thread.

Forum List

Back