Obama on Stay-at-Home Moms: 'That's Not a Choice We Want Americans to Make'

Why doesn't the O/P provide the full video instead of a carefully edited snippet?
Because then the GOP scripted lie would be obvious! The choice to which Obama referred to was for women to fairly have the option of deciding whether to remain in the workforce or to stay at home with their children, without, in the latter case, having to lose their place on the employment ladder and thus be relegated to earning lower wages for the rest of their working lives.

From the full transcript:

THE PRESIDENT: True. (Laughter.) And too often, parents have no choice but to put their kids in cheaper daycare that maybe doesn't have the kinds of programming that makes a big difference in a child's development. And sometimes there may just not be any slots, or the best programs may be too far away. And sometimes, someone, usually mom, leaves the workplace to stay home with the kids, which then leaves her earning a lower wage for the rest of her life as a result. And that's not a choice we want Americans to make.
And?

Mothers staying home for the care of their kids is not a choice he wants Americans to make. They're better off in the programming provided by state regulations

Why do you think the bed wetters revile homeschooling families? They're desperate to warp the minds of children as early as possible.

Why doesn't the O/P provide the full video instead of a carefully edited snippet?
Because then the GOP scripted lie would be obvious! The choice to which Obama referred to was for women to fairly have the option of deciding whether to remain in the workforce or to stay at home with their children, without, in the latter case, having to lose their place on the employment ladder and thus be relegated to earning lower wages for the rest of their working lives.

THE PRESIDENT: True. (Laughter.) And too often, parents have no choice but to put their kids in cheaper daycare that maybe doesn't have the kinds of programming that makes a big difference in a child's development. And sometimes there may just not be any slots, or the best programs may be too far away. And sometimes, someone, usually mom, leaves the workplace to stay home with the kids, which then leaves her earning a lower wage for the rest of her life as a result. And that's not a choice we want Americans to make.
And?

Mothers staying home for the care of their kids is not a choice he wants Americans to make. They're better off in the programming provided by state regulations

If you had a case then it would not have been necessary to lie.

You could have taken the obvious arguments like..........and that would be helpful if the jobs available were all nine to five. You could have said that his statements regarding the woman leaving the workforce and earning less for the rest of her life are actually reliant on a study that has been shown to be false.

But, you didn't.

And?

Who lied? I don't need a case, he is being honest. Why can't you?

And?

You did when you took it out of context. Katie did by taking it out of context.

And?

So, you're simply an obama apologist.

I got it now. Carry on...you have lots of work in that case

It's another Katie fail.

Come on'. Distortion is not necessary to slam this guy. There are so many available areas to nail.

I, personally, have no problem with stay at home mothers. But, if you don't earn enough work credits to collect social security all by yourself then you don't get to collect it.

That is not true. Google "Spousal benefit".

It's another Katie fail.

Come on'. Distortion is not necessary to slam this guy. There are so many available areas to nail.

I, personally, have no problem with stay at home mothers. But, if you don't earn enough work credits to collect social security all by yourself then you don't get to collect it.

That is not true. Google "Spousal benefit".

I just posted the links from social security.

And?

And you are a liar that doesn't have a case. Knowing that in advance you had to resort to distortion. It's people like you that make the right wing look like shit.

And?

You could have taken the obvious arguments like..........and that would be helpful if the jobs available were all nine to five. You could have said that his statements regarding the woman leaving the workforce and earning less for the rest of her life are actually reliant on a study that has been shown to be false.

But, you didn't.
Because it wasn't necessary. His quotes speak for themselves.

The 'choice' to stay at home is not a 'choice' he wants us to make.

And?

And you are a liar that doesn't have a case. Knowing that in advance you had to resort to distortion. It's people like you that make the right wing look like shit.
Two quotes, dingbat. Interpretation isn't distortion. You're looking desperate.

And?

But, you didn't.
Because it wasn't necessary. His quotes speak for themselves.

The 'choice' to stay at home is not a 'choice' he wants us to make.

It was necessary. Again. It's people like you that make the right wing look like shit. If you had a legit argument then you never would have had to resort to distortion.

Two quotes, dingbat. Interpretation isn't distortion. You're looking desperate.

The only one that looks desperate is you. It's distortion. It wasn't necessary and there were other arguments that could have been made.

And?

No, mothers choosing between second rate child care or earning a lower wage for the rest of their life is not a choice he wants Americans to make, but the Right does.

To the Right, stay at home moms, part of the 90+ million not in the labor force, are government leeches!

October 15, 2013
RUSH: We've got a lot of people -- look, 90 million Americans -- I love to put it this way 'cause I think it's the proper perspective. Ninety million Americans are not working, Donna, but they're eating. What does that mean? That's over 10 New York Cities that are not working. But they're eating, which means somebody's buying their sustenance, and that somebody is somebody else, is the government. They are eating.

edthecynic said:
No, mothers choosing between second rate child care or earning a lower wage for the rest of their life is not a choice he wants Americans to make, but the Right does.
He doesn't want choice? Has he defined second rate child care? How much should she earn? How much should first rate cost? But just don't choose to raise them yourself ;)

And

Oops...
...his statements regarding the woman leaving the workforce and earning less for the rest of her life are actually reliant on a study that has been shown to be false.

Ed didn't say that. I did. And I want to see just how long it takes you to realize that the information that he is using actually came from a right wing study. I'm betting I could wait all day and you would still never figure it out.

And?

“Once I was in the state legislature, I was teaching, I was practicing law, I'd be traveling,” he said. “And we didn't have the luxury for her not to work.

You lied, Dis.

Ed didn't say that. I did. And I want to see just how long it takes you to realize that the information that he is using actually came from a right wing study. I'm betting I could wait all day and you would still never figure it out.
I know, that's why I quoted you. Keep up

Forum List

Back