Obama Says No To Landmines

Landlmines suck

That's why we put civilians in charge of the military
Yes they do but that does not change the fact they are a valuable battlefield weapon.
More reason why civilians rule over the military

The military does not have to deal with the political ramifications of maimed children
No they have to deal with life and death on the battlefield and if your a smaller force in a defensive position landmines can valuable in helping you stay alive.
When was the last time the US "needed" landmines?
If you ask obama it's for the WH lawn ever since that guy hopped the fence the other day.

The US should lead the world in setting an example for abandoning landmines

Someone you love should die so that you begin to live in the real world.
The real world says landmines are obsolete and inhuman

No they don't.

Effeminate men who have never served (like you) sit in theoretical seats and pontificate about right/wrong, good/evil never having sacrificed anything for anyone other than themselves.

You strut and cluck about everything knowing nothing.

and now we should all bow because the Dear wonderful leader Obama says this and say that, blah blah blah

The US should lead the world in setting an example for abandoning landmines

Someone you love should die so that you begin to live in the real world.
The real world says landmines are obsolete and inhuman

No they don't.

Effeminate men who have never served (like you) sit in theoretical seats and pontificate about right/wrong, good/evil never having sacrificed anything for anyone other than themselves.

You strut and cluck about everything knowing nothing.

150 out of 200 nations have signed this treaty

United Nations Disarmament - Landmines

"On March 6, 2014, America’s highest-ranking military officer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey, called anti-personnel landmines (APLs) “an important tool in the arsenal of the armed forces of the United States.”

Yesterday, President Obama banned the armed forces from using them.

Obama Says No to Landmines National Review Online

This is why you DON'T elect a "Community Organizer' to be CIC.

This pig fucker should just go home.

Does he plan on digging all the ones up along the DMZ in Korea?

The problem: nations bury them along a line, but when the crisis is over, they don't always dig them up and dispose of them. Some years later the land mines are all but forgotten except by those people that step on one, or by the kids playing in the former mine field. Maybe America or the UN should take on the responsibility of digging them up? At least as of now no one is burying H-bomb mines. Still an H-bomb minefield is a thought, one explosion and people would demand something be done.

The problem: nations bury them along a line, but when the crisis is over, they don't always dig them up and dispose of them. Some years later the land mines are all but forgotten except by those people that step on one, or by the kids playing in the former mine field. Maybe America or the UN should take on the responsibility of digging them up? At least as of now no one is burying H-bomb mines. Still an H-bomb minefield is a thought, one explosion and people would demand something be done.

All too true.

And, they're ineffective as a weapon of war.

Yes, they do blow off parts. We have many American vets who are lacking arms, legs, genitals ... But, landmines don't really add to our strength of our own efforts.

Its the 21st century. IMO, the president is correct to use 21st century tools and weapons.

Land mines are a barbaric legacy of past wars. Many innocent civilians, including children, are killed and maimed by them during and after the conflict is over.
Oh look... another appeal to emotion.

Are the ISIS methods more appealing to you?

Apparently so.

In every thread, the RWs are always in favor of really dumb and outdated weaponry and methods.

Same with Obama's so-called cuts to our military. He cut weapons that are outdated and in need of repair and the dumb RWs went ballistic.

Land mines are a barbaric legacy of past wars. Many innocent civilians, including children, are killed and maimed by them during and after the conflict is over.
Good of you to concede the point. Thank you.
Concede? I asked a question. Can't you answer it?
That's right - you offered a red herring to avoid the point I made in regards to your statement.
Thus: concession.

Landmines are great for blowing off civilian legs long after a conflict has ended. Children don't stand much chance against them either.
you are not at all up to date on the technology of land mines. You most certainly made that clear. This is not the 1960's where we lay mines and if they go off, great, if they don't, just forget them.

Now, they are strategically placed and, using GPS, are easily located if not detonated, and removed as the front advances. The US military has not left mines behind in decades.

I have to smile when I read responses such as yours. You act as if you are informed enough on a topic to make a critical response such as "children don't stand much chance against them", when, in fact, it is not your topic of expertise.

Good of you to concede the point. Thank you.
Concede? I asked a question. Can't you answer it?
That's right - you offered a red herring to avoid the point I made in regards to your statement.
Thus: concession.

Sooo, you self-declare yourself a winner by refusing to answer a simple question? Were you homeskooled?

All we need is to send out troops on bicycles armed with golf clubs.

See, no boots on the ground and no dangerous weapons.
I have seen Obama swing a golf club. Trust me. They are dangerous weapons when they are in his hands.

Steps back in war only occur when you declare what you won't do in order to win. A step forward from where we are now would be unleashing the full military might on our target. The steps back are your limitations on what they are allowed to do.

Land mines are a cowards weapon. You know what else is a great military tool? Raping the women of your enemies and sending their captured soldiers into gas chambers. That would REALLY show them right? Where do you draw the line? Do you claim to be a Christian?

What a piece of shit.

I draw the line at cowards like you, you've never served anything other than yourself....HAD you ever served you'd want every weapon at your disposal.

Forum List

Back