Obama the dictator?

Why don't you address how Obama can get away with changing the law over and over while mocking Republicans who call for changes, with Obama and other Democrats saying that changes Republicans request can't be done because it's the law of the land, in between calling for more civility and cooperation in Washington?

Because the proposed Republican changes undermine the entirety of the Law itself.. What's to address, based on that?

What is to address is that whatever the aim of Republican changes, Obama and the Democrats undermine their credibility and lose whatever claim they have to higher ground when they lie about what they have done and lie about what they can do and mock our representatives and by extension us while they, Obama and people like Reid, are standing up there lying to us.

Please name me one politician in the fed govt. that has not fudged the truth.

Funny how you advocate the use of executive fiat when a Democrat is the president, but it is oh so wrong when a Republican does it.

Hypocrite much?

“All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States…”

Apparently the dictator Barry didn't get the damned memo…...

United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law[1] when they take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress which explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation). Like statutes or regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review, and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution. Major policy initiatives usually require approval by the legislative branch, but executive orders have significant influence over the internal affairs of government, deciding how and to what degree laws will be enforced, dealing with emergencies, waging war, and in general fine policy choices in the implementation of broad statutes

Executive order - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guess what, BushII did it also, so did Reagan, in fact it started with George Washington.

This is not some obscure provision in the bill that has become unworkable. This is a key benchmark and MUST take effect in order to fund the rest of the Act.
I repeat! The House should ask for SCOTUS review

Because the proposed Republican changes undermine the entirety of the Law itself.. What's to address, based on that?

What is to address is that whatever the aim of Republican changes, Obama and the Democrats undermine their credibility and lose whatever claim they have to higher ground when they lie about what they have done and lie about what they can do and mock our representatives and by extension us while they, Obama and people like Reid, are standing up there lying to us.

Please name me one politician in the fed govt. that has not fudged the truth.

This hasn't been fudging the truth. This has been coordinated fraud and abject dishonesty over the course of years. And a grotesquely insulting president who lays claim to some higher moral ground while treating us like sh*t. I'm only human -- it might be easier to look the other way from the dishonesty if Obama weren't such as @$$ about it. But luckily for my principles he has been hateful enough to keep my resolve strong.

The law does an ample job of undermining itself.

Would someone, somewhere tell me where in the Constitution a President is allowed to change fundamental elements of a bill passed by Congress and signed into law?

United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law[1] when they take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress which explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation). Like statutes or regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review, and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution. Major policy initiatives usually require approval by the legislative branch, but executive orders have significant influence over the internal affairs of government, deciding how and to what degree laws will be enforced, dealing with emergencies, waging war, and in general fine policy choices in the implementation of broad statutes

I read that. It seems to say that EO can be used to add a regulation, appoint a few administrators, etc., but this is a fundamental and necessary benchmark; the heart of the funding for the whole ball of wax. It cannot be postponed if the bill is to work at all.

This whole things needs to be Repealed and shove it up the Democrats places the sun doesn't shine

then they repay (out of their OWN MONEY) the billions they took and wasted to implement this pos

I can't believe people are still defending Ofailcare and Obama after this mess he brought on us and is now HURTING more people than it was suppose to help to start with

then kick those lying bastards, you have to pass it to see what's in it, and you can keep your PLAN period....out of a job

Thay HAVE to defend it. Basically, it's the only thing that they, and their boy, have accomplished in 5 years. They MUST protect what they see as Barry's "legacy".

Too late. Barry will go down in history as the most inept slob to have ever held public office. Obarrycare, the IRS, The NSA…on and on and on ……..

I know all about it since my grandad was a member of the Oklahoma legislature after WWII up to 1976. I studied legislative law in his personal library, I have an original copy of the Constitutional convention of Oklahoma. I studied law for years until I decided not to make it a career. So I know what I am talking about.

Of course you do………...

yep and my aunt was the gov's secretary during David Boren's governorship. Now he is the head of Oklahoma University.
My father-in-law used to set up sound for the Iowa caucus, where my wife meet Ronny Raygun. Her cousin is Max Baer, you know, Jethro B. Clampet of the Beverly Hillbillies.
My Jewish friend from England has a cousin who is the lead singer for Foreigner.
Me, I knew James garner, he used to attend OU football games since he was from Oklahoma.
I used to work at OKC Arts theater and other entertainment events. Met a lot of actors, opera singers etc. It was fun, but at no pay.

And I got rip roaring drunk with Paul Simon, but that doesn't make me a constitutional scholar.

This is an administrative action regarding the enforcement of the law and does not change the law and therefore can be done without going back through Congress.

The Executive branch deals with the administrative regulations that determine how the legislation is actually enforced.

The actual law itself provides a framework for what should be accomplished and the reason a repeal needs to be done Legislatively is because it would be a complete change in this framework. Basically destroying the law altogether.

The law does an ample job of undermining itself.

Would someone, somewhere tell me where in the Constitution a President is allowed to change fundamental elements of a bill passed by Congress and signed into law?

I read that. It seems to say that EO can be used to add a regulation, appoint a few administrators, etc., but this is a fundamental and necessary benchmark; the heart of the funding for the whole ball of wax. It cannot be postponed if the bill is to work at all.

What does it have to do with funding the whole ball of wax? He's letting people keep their pre-existing plans if the insurers want to offer them.

But it does change the law. Without the personal and business mandates, the whole basis for funding vanishes. The bill becomes dead in the water and cannot proceed without new funding that the House would never grant.

What does it have to do with funding the whole ball of wax? He's letting people keep their pre-existing plans if the insurers want to offer them.
The bill depends on the penalties ("taxes") for noncompliance to fund it. No mandates, no funding. No funding, no obamacare.

But it does change the law. Without the personal and business mandates, the whole basis for funding vanishes. The bill becomes dead in the water and cannot proceed without new funding that the House would never grant.

The personal mandate is being removed? I didn't hear that.

This whole things needs to be Repealed and shove it up the Democrats places the sun doesn't shine

then they repay (out of their OWN MONEY) the billions they took and wasted to implement this pos

I can't believe people are still defending Ofailcare and Obama after this mess he brought on us and is now HURTING more people than it was suppose to help to start with

then kick those lying bastards, you have to pass it to see what's in it, and you can keep your PLAN period....out of a job

Thay HAVE to defend it. Basically, it's the only thing that they, and their boy, have accomplished in 5 years. They MUST protect what they see as Barry's "legacy".

Too late. Barry will go down in history as the most inept slob to have ever held public office. Obarrycare, the IRS, The NSA…on and on and on ……..
I very much doubt that he will go down as the "most inept slob to have ever held public office." Certainly george w bush will be rated much, much lower than Obama. I see bush ending up in the bottom five of all presidents. That said, there are some things about Obama I like.
I like the fact that Obama was able to turn the economy around and avoid the depression we were headed for.
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise.
I like the fact he helped get rid of Ghaddafi without putting American boots on the ground.
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt.
I like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans.
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world communitiy.
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them.
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs.
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks.
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage.
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.
I like the fact Obama is not affraid to stand up to the gop.
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike.
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class.
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy.
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.
I like the fact Obama has chosen an Attorney General who is willing to go after states that are attacking voter rights.

I like the fact that Obama got the president of Syria to admit to having WMD.
I like the fact that pressure by Obama ended up with those WMD being destroyed WITHOUT the loss of a single American life.

Not so much removed as violations not being prosecuted. Amounts to the same.

No it doesn't. The mechanisms that are supposed to fund the bill are still in place.

No it doesn't. The mechanisms that are supposed to fund the bill are still in place.

No, they aren't. If young healthies aren't forced into the plan on schedule -- the schedule explicitly written into the law -- that throws the funding for artificially lowered premiums of other groups out of whack.

I very much doubt that he will go down as the "most inept slob to have ever held public office." Certainly george w bush will be rated much, much lower than Obama. I see bush ending up in the bottom five of all presidents. That said, there are some things about Obama I like.
I like the fact that Obama was able to turn the economy around and avoid the depression we were headed for.
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise.
I like the fact he helped get rid of Ghaddafi without putting American boots on the ground.
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt.
I like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans.
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world communitiy.
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them.
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs.
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks.
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage.
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.
I like the fact Obama is not affraid to stand up to the gop.
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike.
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class.
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy.
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.
I like the fact Obama has chosen an Attorney General who is willing to go after states that are attacking voter rights.

I like the fact that Obama got the president of Syria to admit to having WMD.
I like the fact that pressure by Obama ended up with those WMD being destroyed WITHOUT the loss of a single American life.

I like the fact that he can't be elected again.

No, they aren't. If young healthies aren't forced into the plan on schedule -- the schedule explicitly written into the law -- that throws the funding for artificially lowered premiums of other groups out of whack.

The mandate isn't delayed.

I like the fact that Obama was able to turn the economy around and avoid the depression we were headed for. When did this happen?
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.right….
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise. Barry is a great shot, don't you agree? SEALs got bin laden. NOT Barry
I like the fact he helped get rid of Ghaddafi without putting American boots on the ground. How EXACTLY did he do that?
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt. He is one of the primary agitators in that debacle.
I like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans. Riiiggghhht
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.So has every other American president..except Bill Clinton and JFK….
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world community.The US is the laughing stock of the world
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them. Sure! As long as you like part-time work!
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs. riiiigghhhtt!
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq. Just continued Bush's drawdown - Iraq is now totally screwed up.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.We'll see
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks. Intelligent? Surely you jest!
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage. who gives a crap?
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.GAY is not a civil right you dill weed
I like the fact Obama is not affraid to stand up to the gop.Stand for what exactly? IRS SPYING? NSA SPYING? Benghazi?
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike. Those in NJ would disagree
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.BS
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class. He'd better get busy! Right now he is destroying it
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.Jesus
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.Like passing the ACA without ONE republican vote?
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy. How much is Barry now worth?
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.more lib socialists
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.driven down many roads lately?
While refusing to do anything about the NSA the IRS
I like the fact that Obama got the president of Syria to admit to having WMD. What did he do, punch Assad in the nose?
yeah right

Last edited:

The mandate isn't delayed.

A. The mandate isn't delayed yet.

B. What does that have to do with what I said? Obama just told the young healthies -- and other healthy and sufficiently wealthy individuals who were needed to help keep O-care premiums from exploding -- that they can stay on their old, cheaper plans if the plans can make it past whatever state muster they have to pass and if insurance companies are willing to tackle the actuarial nightmare Obama just foisted on them.

The funding for the currently offered 2014 premiums is no longer intact.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back