🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama: Vietnam Leader Ho Chi Minh Was Inspired by Founding Fathers

[
so?

so he was what he was, useful idiot bait aside that being his references to our declaration of Independence etc..

we picked the right side ala the Warsaw pact...and I am actually sorry for you if Communism is just an object of snark to you, it is evil, its a grinding form of humiliating dehumanization.

As opposed to what, Corporatism? Frankly, you want to talk about 'humiliating dehumanization". That pretty much describes my last job.

Not to worry, Corporatism actually lasted a full 20 years longer than communism before FAILING EPICALLY.... I guess that's something to be proud of.

here's the thing. Your average Vietnamese Peasent didn't give a shit. All he knew was that the Communists were fighting the French, Japanese and Americans. and the guys we supported were setting up whorehouses for their sisters to work in.

Another amusing point. You guys insist up and down that the reason you just gots to have yourself some guns is so you can fight a government you don't like. Well, the Viet Cong did that. Not sure what your problem was, exactly.

[
as for picking a side in Vietnam, it was a to an extent a pick your poison choice by that time, Ho a communist, Diem an oligarch. When we allowed Diem to be overthrown ( then assassinated) that ended any real hope of anything positive coming of it, vis a vis 'Vietnam' at all, not that I am totally convinced via hindsight that was ever possible.....

No, the real problem was picking a side at all. Diem wasn't just an oligarch, he was a collaborator. He was a Catholic, French Educated puppet who looked down on his own people.

And frankly, that was the best we had. The guys who followed him were much worse.

Obama wasn't comparing anyone and you and the OP are too obsessed with your faux outrage to see that. All he said was he was inspired by them. He didn't defend what he did, just said he was inspired.
I also like how many Americans will point out the people the man killed but never mention what we did to the Vietnamese. So to sum it up, get over it, Presidents have to be diplomatic.

please tell me the point of his remark...:eusa_eh:

Catching flies is better with sugar than vinegar?

"We very much appreciate Vietnam’s continued cooperation as we try to recover our Missing in Action and those that were lost during the course of the war."

Flies like vinegar, not sugar.

here's the thing. Your average Vietnamese Peasent didn't give a shit. All he knew was that the Communists were fighting the French, Japanese and Americans. and the guys we supported were setting up whorehouses for their sisters to work in.

Another amusing point. You guys insist up and down that the reason you just gots to have yourself some guns is so you can fight a government you don't like. Well, the Viet Cong did that. Not sure what your problem was, exactly.

This is just garbage....you've never stepped foot in Vietnam, have never met or spoken to a peasant from that era, know nothing about the life they led or the level of terror they got by the bucket from the communists. Yet you speak like you have some insight when you have none, ZERO. This is, in fact, one of the strangest series of fictional comments I've ever seen on a political board. If you had any integrity you'd admit this has all been a hoax....a pitiful hoax.

This is just garbage....you've never stepped foot in Vietnam, have never met or spoken to a peasant from that era, know nothing about the life they led or the level of terror they got by the bucket from the communists. Yet you speak like you have some insight when you have none, ZERO. This is, in fact, one of the strangest series of fictional comments I've ever seen on a political board. If you had any integrity you'd admit this has all been a hoax....a pitiful hoax.

Guy, after we stopped propping them up, the Saigon regime lasted 55 days.

Frankly, you kind of remind me of all these inbred assholes who are so proud of the fact that their great grandfather Beauregard fought for the Confederacy and proudly flies a Confederate Flag over his house. Gosh darn, no one was going to tell you that you were on the wrong side of history!!!

Guy. You were on the wrong side of history in Vietnam. Sorry. Learn to deal.

Forum List

Back