🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama wants to talk to Americans to get them up to speed on ISIS.

I think it's the other way around. Most of us knew the threat ISIS presented MONTHS AGO. But Obama is gonna "inform us" lol

That was the part I found most amusing about his Meet the Press interview.

I alao find it amusing that he refuses to use the last S in ISIS. Just can't admit he is behind the curve.

Why should he use "the last S" in ISIS?

"ISIS" isn't actually their name.
Because that is where they are based. He is simply too stubborn to admit it. He avoids using the word Syria at all costs. I find it amusing.

That doesn't make any sense. What do you think he should "admit"?
That his anti interventionist policy has failed MASSIVELY

Obama's foreign policy has not been "anti-interventionist" in any sense of the word.
Can you point to areas where he intervened?
No, of course not.
you are kidding right? Oh no you are not because you are a moron
So your answer to my question addressed to someone else is No. Got it.

I think it's the other way around. Most of us knew the threat ISIS presented MONTHS AGO. But Obama is gonna "inform us" lol

I alao find it amusing that he refuses to use the last S in ISIS. Just can't admit he is behind the curve.

Because that is where they are based. He is simply too stubborn to admit it. He avoids using the word Syria at all costs. I find it amusing.
its not their name you dipshit. Jesus
It is the most common term used to describe them by most people you dipshit.
Its not their name dipshit
Dipshit is not my name either jackass.

Class dismissed
sure dipshit....the day you teach a class.
The chances are quite high for me in fact. I have tought my skills quite often.
I'm sure your welfare check cashing skills are in demand currently. Perhaps a teaching moment for you?

Levant:

Levant - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

ISL desires the historical Levant, of course.
Sorry but anyone who uses Wikipedia as a fact based site is not very bright. That site can be contributed to or changed by ANYONE. Take everything from their with a grain of salt.

The fact is isis chose their name and as they have changed, grown & morphed so has their name.

The posters who do not know Shi'ia from Sunni cannot understand anything but simple:

Levant -- Ancient History Encyclopedia

Levant is a region that has existed for 1300+ plus YEARS.

Of course the President needs Congressional approval for most action, thus the excuses for the inaction paint a picture of the stalemate in Congress somehow being Presidential delay......there is delay, on the part of Boehner & McConnell; Nelson is no grandstander, he has been working for weeks..............no response from McConnell.....
The president does not need approval for most action.
And where he did need approval, like the Bergdahl fiasco, he didnt get it, violating the law.

The Republican leadership seems to disagree with you.
That's not even an argument. That's just a deflection.

Obama's foreign policy has not been "anti-interventionist" in any sense of the word.
No, of course not.

:lol:

You're kidding, right?

No, of course not.
Libya....Our conversation is over....

No, of course not.

:lol:

You're kidding, right?
I'll take that as a No, you can't.
Thanks for playing.

its not their name you dipshit. Jesus
It is the most common term used to describe them by most people you dipshit.
Its not their name dipshit
Dipshit is not my name either jackass.

Class dismissed
sure dipshit....the day you teach a class.
The chances are quite high for me in fact. I have tought my skills quite often.
I'm sure your welfare check cashing skills are in demand currently. Perhaps a teaching moment for you?

wonderful news that you are sharing your stupidity with others. I weep for humans everywhere

Of course the President needs Congressional approval for most action, thus the excuses for the inaction paint a picture of the stalemate in Congress somehow being Presidential delay......there is delay, on the part of Boehner & McConnell; Nelson is no grandstander, he has been working for weeks..............no response from McConnell.....
And where he did need approval, like the Bergdahl fiasco, he didnt get it, violating the law.

Cruz has been campaigning....or....yelling the President can do nothing more without Congressional approval, yes.

No, of course not.
Great example of Obama NOT intervening.
Thanks for providing proof you are wrong.

The House, and McConnell, are NOT interested:

Nearly three out of four voters said Obama should ask Congress for the authority to use additional military force and 82 percent said Congress should approve that request.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has been noncommittal on legislation proposed by Florida Democratic Senator Bill Nelson that would give Obama congressional authority to bomb Islamic State targets in Syria.

Nothing scheduled, nada, zip, -0-.

Congress Demands IS Framework With No Plan to Act on It - Businessweek
I'm sure a great many people thought Obama should go through Congress instead of making changes to and delaying key parts of Obamacare on his own yet he didn't. Funny how he needs Congress to do things his base won't like but doesn't when it's things his base will like.
Obama acts only when it is to his political advantage.

Treating ISIS like it was a JV movement for the past 6 months was idiotic.
Instead of saying what a real leader would upon speaking of the savages that beheaded two American citizens "we will hunt them down and kill them", Obama says "we will bring them to justice"....
As if to say these fucking murdering bastards are common criminals to be tried in OUR courts of law....Horse shit. They are enemy combatants. No protection of the Geneva Conventions. They are rogue enemy actors. They should be located and dispatched with extreme prejudice.

Cruz has been campaigning....or....yelling the President can do nothing more without Congressional approval, yes.
Link?

I'm sure Obama was well aware of the threat long before the public jumped on the media bandwagon. He's doing exactly what Bush did prior to to the Gulf War, and what he did prior to Libra, building a coalition.

I'm not sure exactly what the opposition wants and I really don't think they know. Of course they would like to see Obama send in a hundred thousand troupes. Then they could use that against the Democrats in the mid term elections. I really think he's smarter than that.

I think he's going to step up the bombing, funnel more weapons and advisers into Iraq, and work with the members of the coalition to cut off funds to Isis. If that doesn't work, after the mid terms, he'll find some pretext to send in troupes. After the mid term elections, he has nothing to loose.

BTW The US government and several news agencies use the alternative name Isil. It's not clear whether Isis or Isil is the correct acronym for the translation.

I bet he wants to avoids Syria. There'd be a lot of 'splainin to do then wouldn't there now?.

Chuck Todd: Obama Uses ISIL, not ISIS, to Avoid 'Syria'

Monday, 08 Sep 2014 01:48 PM

By Drew MacKenzie

Chuck Todd Obama Uses ISIL not ISIS to Avoid Syria

Why would their be "splainin" to do?

"ISIL" is the actual translation of the Arabic acronym for the group.

They've morphed thru a series of name changes. ISIS is what they decided (not you or I or anyone else) to call themselves when they broke away from AQ.

Now they call themselves simply IS, These are just facts. Not opinion.

And their name is of their own choosing. Not ours.

The name they chose for themselves is داعش.

The second "S" in ISIS doesn't stand for "Syria", anyway - it stands for "al-Sham".
Irrelevant. To everyday Americans the second S stands for Syria and that is why Obama avoids using it.

Levant:

Levant - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

ISL desires the historical Levant, of course.
Sorry but anyone who uses Wikipedia as a fact based site is not very bright. That site can be contributed to or changed by ANYONE. Take everything from their with a grain of salt.

The fact is isis chose their name and as they have changed, grown & morphed so has their name.

The posters who do not know Shi'ia from Sunni cannot understand anything but simple:

Levant -- Ancient History Encyclopedia

Levant is a region that has existed for 1300+ plus YEARS.
Who gives a fuck...They ALL hate Americans and in general Western Civilization.

No, of course not.

I forget....

Was that before or after our embassy was burned and ambassador murdered?

Link?

Ted Cruz says it 8217 s 8216 unacceptable 8217 for Obama to proceed against Islamic State without Congress TheBlaze.com

Obama to detail new plans to hunt down ISIS in speech - CBS News

"Over the course of months, we are going to be able to not just blunt the momentum of (ISIS)," the president said in an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press. "We are going to systematically degrade their capabilities. We're going to shrink the territory that they control. And ultimately we're going to defeat them."

"We will hunt down [ISIS] members and assets wherever they are," Mr. Obama added. "I will reserve the right to always protect the American people and go after folks who are trying to hurt us wherever they are."

But that plan will not include putting U.S. troops on the ground in Syria, the president promised, saying that would be a "profound mistake."

Obama will have the stage on Wednesday, whatever actions need to be taken should be allocated by Congress from receipts and not blank checks the Republicans used for their phony Iraq war they have yet to end after 12 years with still no end in sight.

Forum List

Back